Horizon Zero Dawn

Mar 12

Mar 12

God of War III’s Stig Asmussen: Your Questions Answered

Chris Morell's Avatar Posted by Senior Social Media Specialist

See, I told you we’d get him! As you could imagine, God of War III Game Director Stig Asmussen is a very busy man. But as promised, we managed to lock him down for about 10 minutes to bombard him with your questions at the GDC PlayStation.Blog.Lounge (also, check out our chat with Designer Director Todd Papy who filled in for Stig last week). With T-minus four days until Chaos, Stig is looking very relaxed, and so he tackles your inquires with ease. And I promise there are no spoilers here, so no need to worry for those of you that are struggling to stay in the dark.

Can you believe March 16 is just around the corner?

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

LukaX23 said:

March 12th, 2:34 pm

Oh wow I just loaded the page there it is! A new post! Ha ha. =P

BlooodyCow said:

March 12th, 2:37 pm

I will not get my Ultimate Edition from BestBuy online until the 17th :(

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

March 12th, 2:48 pm

Aww, but at least it’s an Ultimate Edition!!

Enigma777 said:

March 12th, 2:41 pm

Can’t wait! Sadly I wont get the Ultimate Edition till the 18th because Amazon sucks and doesn’t offer release-date shipping!

scottsle said:

March 12th, 2:42 pm

Can he comment on the DLC after launch. Will they add bonus levels to the campaign or will they consist of “challenge arenas” only?

GGodas said:

March 12th, 2:42 pm

Im from Argentina. And the Game reaches here on 20th. Im so FREAKING Exited.

GerbilPawnz said:

March 12th, 2:43 pm

Wow GOW3 im so pumped!!! so close!!! but I have a question why can i not view this video on my PS3 browser? :( plz help.

BigBoss712 said:

March 12th, 2:46 pm

Can’t believe GOW3 is almost here!!!

Bris_Blade said:

March 12th, 2:48 pm

4… More…. Days!!

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

March 12th, 2:50 pm

You are correct, as the eyes of Kratos verified that on the right side of this page! Longest weekend wait ever…

Kurenai_Oni said:

March 12th, 2:50 pm

Already halfway through it! omg this game is EPIC :O

Thrasher20 said:

March 12th, 2:50 pm

Thanks Chris!

Maybe someday you can interview Kevin Butler!

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

March 12th, 3:21 pm

He’s been dodging my calls. In all seriousness, yes, I love that idea.

roach_killa74 said:

March 12th, 2:52 pm

what is the difference between the ultimate edition and the original one?

Chris Morell's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

March 12th, 3:27 pm

The Ultimate Edition is sold out and the standard one isn’t. Yet :-)

explosive78 said:

March 12th, 2:54 pm

been playing the demo over and over again. Is that part in the demo in the actual game or has it changed so drastically we will never notice it.

xaos said:

March 12th, 2:54 pm

Can’t wait, though I was pretty crushed that my Blind fury time at the get together was 19 seconds, well short of the winning 16 seconds that would have allowed me to take home the Ultimate Edition that night >:(

Stig and the rest of the crew were super friendly and low key, though, my hat is off to them!

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

March 12th, 3:23 pm

Dude, thanks for coming! 19 seconds is a crazy legit time, thought that 16 still boggles my mind. Hope you had a great time!

BlooodyCow said:

March 12th, 2:55 pm

After watching the interview, I wish more developers would be like Stig and SSA. Like he said, they are the judge of their games. Wish more developers would follow suit. The video game media, not official Game company website, is run by a bunch of fanboy and people that cannot be objective in their previews or reviews on video games.

And Chris Morell, can you please pass on this request to Stig and the guys. Can they please work on Heavenly Sword 2. As a HUGE HUGE HUGE fanboy of both series, I would love to see Stig and the gang tackle the Heavenly Sword series :)

Kurenai_Oni said:

March 12th, 2:56 pm

@Explosive78

The game is soooooo much different than the demo, you’ll enjoy playing the game alot more. I certainly am!

mcbuttz78 said:

March 12th, 2:56 pm

Can i ask question, there was 7-11 promotion of gow cups, but i found it rather hard to find a cup with the actual gow3 images on it. The guy at the stores say , just buy regular slurpee a cup and the codes will unlock gow3 goodies, can u confirm this as true or Bs?

I’ll also ask yu to ask them for avi support the gow3 game, Can you ask them about this , alot people want to see images of krato’s , mintoro etc etc, from them epic series, ty 4 ya time

mcbuttz78

\

Chris Morell's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

March 12th, 3:29 pm

There shouldn’t be any codes on the non-GoW cups. As far as I know, no Kratos Cup, no DLC. Keep looking!

remanutd5 said:

March 12th, 2:57 pm

If All Of Olympus Will Deny Me My Vengeance Then All Of Olympus Will DIE!!!!
In The End There Will Be Only Chaos!!!!!
Man , God , LEGEND!!!!!
3 more days till i go to Best Buy to the midnight launch

GAT305 said:

March 12th, 2:58 pm

almost here… any news on releasing the dynamic theme on psn store for purchase?

remanutd5 said:

March 12th, 2:59 pm

i thought you guys were gonna have the man behind kratos voice here on the blog

BTK88 said:

March 12th, 3:01 pm

Nice interview

remanutd5 said:

March 12th, 3:01 pm

yes Chris i second BloodyCow opinion, as a fan of both series i want Heavenly Sword 2 !!!!1

mountain_duwe said:

March 12th, 3:05 pm

Stig Asmussen. what a cool name

Kchow23 said:

March 12th, 3:10 pm

THE END IS ALMOST HERE! Midnight release FTW!

joseph2411 said:

March 12th, 3:18 pm

Awesome my question got answered (last question), but i already knew that was going to be the answer because…the whole game is badass! (just wanted a little confirmation) :) Can’t wait for God of War 3!!!

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

March 12th, 3:26 pm

He did come up with a good answer though. No ego, just amazing production.

sam_i_jam said:

March 12th, 3:20 pm

Stig is great. Can’t wait for the conclusion to the trilogy.

F8L-WOLF said:

March 12th, 3:20 pm

FML this is a longer wait then waiting in line for my 60 gig launch ps3 lol only 4 more days. hurry up monday night

Fluidshine said:

March 12th, 3:22 pm

OMG I am so excited for this game!! A dynamic theme would be….badass lol please consider it! haha

JakeRuiner said:

March 12th, 3:28 pm

idk stig looked like he was under pressure up there. btw i was very disappointed to see some spoilers here, at around 4:58 they show the boss battle with hades. i also didnt know you get to use his blades either. maybe most of you already knew that but i’ve been trying to not watch all these bad ass trailers and interviews for these reasons. thanks a lot! =(

aztec23 said:

March 12th, 3:30 pm

God of War 3 OMFG WTF BBQ!

Goaliegeek said:

March 12th, 3:32 pm

Please sell those Kevin Butler shirts online. Can’t wait till the midnight launch. UGH. First time in a long time, I just want to get this weekend over with!

kdiep said:

March 12th, 3:33 pm

Just wanted to say, that interview was… badass!

southside_jok3r said:

March 12th, 3:38 pm

cant wait to pick up my copy of gow3 its not the ultimate edition but at least im gettin it when it first comes out i have all the gow games even the psp version

flamemist said:

March 12th, 3:39 pm

@ Jeff and mcbutts78

Yes there are codes on non-GoW 3 slurpee cups, that is where I get most of my codes, I have only gotten 2 actual GoW 3 cups but many codes. So it is confirmed that non-GoW3 cups still have codes. no worries!

letherclad said:

March 12th, 3:42 pm

This will be the longest weekend of my life, I can’t wait!

Trevor-Kuch said:

March 12th, 3:46 pm

Really? An Apple laptop and not a Sony Vaio? Aaaaaiiiiiiiyyyyyyeeeee!

S-E-G said:

March 12th, 3:50 pm

thank you for working so hard on this game
i can’t wait to play it

DMPrince said:

March 12th, 3:55 pm

@34

Was just about to ask about the apple laptop. WTF. TRAITOR!

Chris Morell's Avatar

Chris Morell said:

March 12th, 4:58 pm

If you want me to bring you guys videos, then you have to let me edit them in Final Cut!

Sponge-worthy said:

March 12th, 4:12 pm

Unfortunately, no release date delivery from Amazon on the Ultimate Edition, but whatever.

In a parallel universe, would like to see a Kratos vs. The Hulk crossover. Personally, I think Kratos uses his anger to greater effect.

TheGuardianFID said:

March 12th, 4:14 pm

PANDORA’S BOX FTW BABY!!! 8)

Mza49311 said:

March 12th, 4:19 pm

@#15 mcbutts78 you can use the codes at the bottom of any cup to get points and then use the points to get the dlc from slurpee.com I’ve done it, got the dynamic theme, the code for the costume, and a couple of home shirts, just remember the bigger the cup the more points it’s worth!

Mza49311 said:

March 12th, 4:25 pm

I’m afraid I won’t be able to get my hands on my Ultimate Edition :( Won in the ultimate fan contest I found out about here on the blog, one of 20 winners, but still haven’t got a confirmation email, pretty sure the ultimate editions haven’t shipped or anything, but my problem is I lived at a different address when I entered, now since I’ve moved don’t have anyway to get my address updated :( Just my luck

itsJose said:

March 12th, 4:36 pm

Awesome! I actually got my Ultimate Edition shipping email today from Best Buy. IM PUMPED! I also gotta beat GoW2 this weeked :o

InpherKnow said:

March 12th, 4:36 pm

For those worried about not getting the Ultimate Edition: DON’T. I swear on everything that I love that it’s a piece of crap. I got to see an unboxing of it first had today and I immediately switched my pre-order to a regular edition of the game. The box is made of extremely cheap plastic, the soundtrack is downloadable so you get no art with it, and the art book leaves a lot to be desired. With this being one of the PS3’s major releases, I’m disappointed that they dropped the ball on this one. Talk about an epic fail. Pandora’s Box is a waste of $40 extra dollars. This is only second to the RE5 Collectors Edition as being one of the worst ever. Did anyone see the Bioshock 2 CE? the AC2 CE? Then sony has the nerve to come with THIS??? Dont get me wrong, i’m a huge fan of the franchise, but sony jerked us with this anti-Ultimate Edition.

Trevor-Kuch said:

March 12th, 4:56 pm

@40
I hear ya! I feel like I’m on a major time crunch to get it done! Fun to have the pressure though in a strange way.

@41
Good to know. A little cynical, but I am sincerely going to pickup the regular edition based on what you just said.

NewYork214 said:

March 12th, 5:07 pm

there is codes on all slurpee cups. they have slurpee rewards and the GoW stuff is just some of the prizes you can use the codes for.

Danny_Death said:

March 12th, 5:28 pm

so how many people are going to be playing this game in 4 days besides me? lol probably the WHOLE PSN Community? lol

Fenrir_thomasb said:

March 12th, 5:33 pm

i cant wait till this game comes out /sigh guess till then i gotta go whoops some olympians ass…literally.

Blkant said:

March 12th, 5:39 pm

Yay for the apple computers ^_^

Nivek245 said:

March 12th, 5:42 pm

Ugh!!! the 16 seems so far away….3 more days,must resist….watching spoilers online

Danny_Death said:

March 12th, 5:42 pm

lol. go play the GOW E3 Demo 9999 times through. then come back and it will be TIME!

PAGE 1 2