God of War

Mar 16

Mar 16

New Limited Edition Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker PSP Entertainment Pack

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PSP

Attention all of you METAL GEAR SOLID fans! For those of you who’ve been crossing your fingers and toes in hopes of a MGS PSP pack similar to the one announced in Japan, your prayers have been officially answered. Starting on June 8 to coincide with the launch of the standalone game, the METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack will soon allow you to relive the stealth-action, glory and honor of the METAL GEAR SOLID series.

Metal Gear PSP Front

The new METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack will include:

• “Spirited Green” PSP-3000 system
  • METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER game on UMD
  • PlayStation Network downloadable voucher for special in-game content which will be unlocked at the start of the game
  • PlayStation Network downloadable movie voucher (US residents only); title TBD
  • 2GB Memory Stick PRO Duo

As most of you already know, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER marks the return of Hideo Kojima’s world-renowned stealth-action series. This highly-anticipated METAL GEAR SOLID sequel picks up where METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER for the PlayStation 2 leaves off. With an extensive amount of gameplay that will revolutionize previous notions of a handheld game experience, METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER introduces an exciting new storyline, stunning visuals and a console-quality gaming experience, all of which is only possible on the PSP platform.

The METAL GEAR SOLID: PEACE WALKER PSP Entertainment Pack brings the same incredible value you’ve seen in previous PSP packages and introduces a never-before seen color to the PSP-3000 family. It will be available at major retailers in the United States and Canada for $199.99 (MSRP). Let us know your thoughts and enjoy!

Add Your Own

KazeEternal said:

March 16th, 1:02 pm

“This highly-anticipated METAL GEAR SOLID sequel picks up where METAL GEAR SOLID 3: SNAKE EATER for the PlayStation 2 leaves off”… Really? I thought that was Portable Ops?

TwinDad said:

March 16th, 1:10 pm

@35 Cubical

“And that ugly lilac purple/pink thing does not count as a color.”

Lilac looks better then that color. But to each his/her own.

RuthlessEd said:

March 16th, 1:12 pm

24: ZhePrime

There’s PLENTY wrong with the PSP GO other than the price.

1. You can’t trade games with friends.

2. You can’t buy new games when you’re on vacation (unless you can find a wi-fi spot).

3. You can’t buy cheap second-hand games.

4. You can’t sell your old games when you’re tired of playing them.

5. You can’t play any of the games you’ve already purchased on UMD (and lots of people have spent BIG DOLLARS on their UMD collections).

6. You can’t watch any of the UMD movies you’ve purchased.

7. You can’t even download a great majority of the existing titles, because they’re not in the store yet (and likely never will be).

The list goes on….

KazeEternal said:

March 16th, 1:14 pm

@24
If you think the price is the only thing wrong with the Go you are mistaken.

Smaller Screen

Use of M2 Memory Stick (PSP uses Pro Duo which can use MicroSD adapter, why are we not using MicroSD’s?)

No UMD to Storage program…

Online Only retail, I’m sorry but there is not competition here. Sure Amazon and other stores sell vouchers, but those vouchers aren’t exactly cheaper than their UMD counter parts and they certainly never go on sale. When a stack of 25 cards takes up less space than 2 UMD cases, what reason does a store have to clearance a product. So no special deals and no reduced cost being passed on here.

More than 20 dollars is expensive for a game you can’t sell later. Used games market maybe despised by the industry, but lets face it humans have been trading in used goods almost as long as the oldest profession has been in existence.

hehe1 said:

March 16th, 1:23 pm

I really like that green colour

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

March 16th, 1:55 pm

Hi Sony. This PSP is cool and everything, but the Japanese one with camouflage is way cooler. I would be tempted to buy the “camo Peace Walker PSP,” but I would not be tempted to buy “plain green psp.” It’d be nice if it sells well though, long live Snaaake!

piratedrunk said:

March 16th, 1:57 pm

Is this a limited edition or will it be around until oh lets say.. late december-ish?

piratedrunk said:

March 16th, 1:58 pm

I meant “very limited”.. we need an edit button

dono_1994 said:

March 16th, 1:59 pm

@34 the regular psp can download 2, and it has more games for it, is cheaper and has a smaller screen. Do what i did and get the 2000 since there isn’t a big difference between that tand the 3000

dono_1994 said:

March 16th, 1:59 pm

* bigger screen

letherclad said:

March 16th, 2:04 pm

Why is there no love for the PSPGO, I really hope the support for it starts to pick up soon…

letherclad said:

March 16th, 2:05 pm

Also, the screen may be smaller but its a better screen, the screen is a strength of the go

poweredbyzen said:

March 16th, 2:11 pm

i want the ultra limited edition konami style with the stand to watch the long cg-movies in-game! i love my pspgo; not going back to the old version. with the bluetooth capability, my pspgo is awesome paired with sony’s hbh-is800 wireless headset! even if sony doesn’t put any more attention into, even “re-releasing” it, i’m quite satisfied. i’m actually playing less portable games, esp. with so many ps3 titles out this year! my pspgo makes an amazing music player and those 12-hour days at work seem much shorter when i watch movies sneakily, as only snake can do! hahaha!

Sekoku said:

March 16th, 2:11 pm

Nice Color. Too bad I’m keeping my 1000.

poweredbyzen said:

March 16th, 2:13 pm

BTW, THIS COLOR ISN’T NEW. JAPAN HAS HAD THIS COLOR ALONG WITH RED, YELLOW, PURPLE MYSTIQUE, BLUE, ETC. SORRY, NOT FALLING FOR THIS CORPORATE-AMERICA TACTIC! I STILL LOVE SONY THOUGH – HEHE!

ADR143 said:

March 16th, 2:25 pm

sweet deal! thats nice psp

FunkyTable said:

March 16th, 3:10 pm

Is there a chance that MGS3, which takes place prior to this one chronilogically, could see some kind of re-release in anticipation of this title? I personally have never played a Metal Gear Solid game, the series only interested me when I bought a PS3. I wanted to play MGS4 but decided to wait to play the first three first. Now with HD remakes selling so well, I’d really hope to see the original metal gear solid games redone for a collection similar to GOW.

Any chance of that happening?

lobotomies4free said:

March 16th, 3:16 pm

I love the finish and color on that thing. actually really glad it isn’t camo. Too bad i don’t need a psp.

Goes and breaks old psp*

Mikaa1701 said:

March 16th, 3:25 pm

…UMD releases are few and far between these days, the PSPGo is on the market, and a game that caters to the class of gamer most likely to already own a PSP in the first place.

Yeah, that makes sense.

Kchow23 said:

March 16th, 3:29 pm

perfect reason for me to get a PSP, YES!

JUDRMO said:

March 16th, 3:34 pm

Will this bundle have the game in the plastic UMD case or the cardboard sleeve?

SPOOKULA209 said:

March 16th, 3:42 pm

might actually pick this up. I just got a psp go and I don’t like the way it feels. I still have my psp 1000 kickin with a 16gb pro duo card, the go was for the rest of the family to play with

arnoldmcguire335 said:

March 16th, 4:18 pm

About time Sony! Yay! the 1st of 4 Carnival Colors comes here in the form of Spirited Green. now I’ll keep waiting for Radiant Red. PLEASE I HOPE IT COMES!

SGTquig said:

March 16th, 4:30 pm

That green PSP looks sweet…

Bashr21 said:

March 16th, 5:47 pm

I am liking that color and I have been really excited for Peace Walker AND I don’t own a PSP so this might be the deal for me. However, I might wait until E3 (one week after this comes out) to see what they announce regarding the PSP. But I’m thinking this might be the bundle that gets me.

Kchow23 said:

March 16th, 5:48 pm

Since the movie voucher will be U.S only does that mean that the bundle will be cheaper for Canada since it doesn’t have the movie?

JKC31 said:

March 16th, 6:08 pm

I like that color.

jncasanova said:

March 16th, 7:04 pm

What a lack of support for the PSPgo!!! It would have been my perfect chance to purchase one.

I already have a PSPstay so I will skip this opportunity but will not skip the game!

Stoffinator said:

March 16th, 7:29 pm

@21

That’s exactly what I was saying.

KSPRAYDAD said:

March 16th, 9:01 pm

Hey Kristin…

Since you are the Marketing Manager…let me give you some free Social Media Marketing advice. When you post an entry…come back and answer your consumer’s questions. The theory is that happy and informed engaged consumers (the ones that visit this blog) become sales advocates for you…for free!

Ignoring your core base is not cool.

Zephram said:

March 16th, 9:09 pm

Speaking of Konami, I wish they would make a sequel to PS1’s ‘Azure Dreams’, an underated and oft overlooked strategy/rpg/dating sim/monster breeder.
Considering it only had one town and one randomly generated tower, Konami could make a next gen sequel with a relatively low development cost.

On topic, I do like the color although a burnt orange would be nice!

Francision69 said:

March 16th, 10:06 pm

Not my kind of color.

Edward927 said:

March 16th, 10:52 pm

If it would have been scheduled for launch on or some time before St. Patrick’s day the demand would have been amazing this last week and this week because of what today is.

IaMjAcK1221 said:

March 17th, 12:47 am

This seems like the best opportunity for me to break into the PSP market. When will pre-orders start?

SpiritThief said:

March 17th, 1:28 am

Still costs to much. And why not do this on a Go? Why would I want this instead of a GO.

Know why the Move will fail? Because you have no idea how to get things in the hands of people that have no interest in them.

Enigma777 said:

March 17th, 2:02 am

Gotta love that PSPgo support…

-_-

xmonkeywarriorx said:

March 17th, 4:02 am

No special sleeve or camo paint? well it ok . just buy this!! im getting this and the bundle . http://www.play-asia.com/paOS-13-71-bf-70-3pgn.html

defjedijam said:

March 17th, 6:52 am

Just finished the MGS:PW demo and it looks totally awesome a big step above Portable Ops. I have to say though, that this limited edition appears to be quite limited indeed. You give us a new color, a voucher and a game. Which if you don’t already have a PSP and were really wanting this game and for some reason you didn’t already have a PSP maybe you would buy this but take a hint from automotive companies. They don’t repaint a car from ’04 and try to sell it as a new thing in 2010. They try to sell their current model and back it more than their old cars.

I don’t see why everyone is so bent out of shape about the Go, I just bought one and haven’t touched my 2000 since. Nowhere have I seen Sony announcing any plans to discontinue the old PSP and replace it with the Go, the Go is simply an alternative model more suited for people looking for a portable digital media device as opposed to the quite clunky uncomfortable thing that the 2000/3000 is in comparison. Besides, aside from the hardware aspect the Go is the same device and uses the same supporting infrastructure as older models so it’s not like they could phase out an older model even if they wanted to. It’s just an option, everyone relax.

defjedijam said:

March 17th, 6:57 am

Oh and btw, Sony, I have another Go related question. With this type of attitude towards one of your new products being displayed by your customers on YOUR website, why have you not done anything to sway this opinion. I’m one of about four people who have had anything nice to say about your new Go but no one has really complained about the device it’s self more or less the complaints are the lack of support your company has given to it’s customers in transitioning to this new equipment. I’m a Sony loyalist since my first cassette playing Walkman but you guys really need to get your act together with the infrastructure for an all digital device.

Sorry for going so far off topic.

zhadowcat said:

March 17th, 7:06 am

I want one… it’s mgs doesnt matter the color of the psp.

improperlyaged said:

March 17th, 7:39 am

i’m not sure which is worse the green color that they picked for the console or he fact that they didnt have enough faith in it to release a pspgo bundle as well. cause seriously if anything could’ve actually made people wanna buy the go(or any system really) mgs is a proven system selling series.

SaintPickle said:

March 17th, 8:04 am

Im really glad you all released a new color cause ive been waiting before I buy a 3000 but I hope you make another color in the future cause I dont think I like the green. Make another red one please!

TheBanditKing said:

March 17th, 8:51 am

Hey Kristin any chance of Sony including an actual boxed copy of MGS Peace Walker with this?

I love that your doing bundles with actual colors but I really wish you would give us a full boxed retail copy of the games rather then just a cardboard sleeve (you do in Japan). What do you say guys?

EXTREME_rkmn said:

March 17th, 10:52 am

oh my god sexy. No PSP Go bundle? What the heck? What’s up with that?

ContraTroll said:

March 17th, 12:35 pm

All this stuff for the US and Japan is cool, but what about Europe?

SergioDaly said:

March 17th, 1:54 pm

this should hit Europe too… we love MGS franchise too!

urienji said:

March 17th, 1:58 pm

I think SOny has already given up on the Go. I have one and I love it. I think it has the best picture quality of all the PSPs. It is a real shame that Sony never tried supporting it. I mean all their advertising still uses the PSP 3000, what sense is that?

So now they release a special edition of the hacked, pirate system and ignore the secure go? Makes no sense.

okiwa002 said:

March 17th, 3:37 pm

its a cool color, and i am about due for a new PSP: i have a 1000-series.

Stringer2355 said:

March 17th, 5:26 pm

The PSP GO just came out and has a higher price. PSP-3000, “Spirited Green” from japan are stock piled and Sony would like to move them, so doing limited edition designed cases, not likely. More cost to them, I think they should, MSG Peace Walker is a system seller like MSG4 was for PS3.

Hideo Kojima himself made a post about a big Peace Walker surprise that would make people rush out to buy a PSP.I plan to buy this bundle because of this game, I have been debating it for awhile now.

Gamestop has posted the bundle package

spartan5585 said:

March 17th, 5:59 pm

what the frek, how bout some more cooler looking psp’s, still mgs peace walker is gonna be wicked cool!!!!