Farpoint

Apr 13

Apr 13

Coming to PSN this Week: Jungle Add-on Pack for Magic Orbz

Scott Hyman's Avatar Posted by VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey PlayStation readers! It’s Scott again, from TikGames/Creat Studios. Do you all mind if I just crash out on the couch for a while? Since I’m here so often, I figured I might as well just move in for a while. That cool?

In exchange for food money, how about a new announcement? TikGames/Creat Studios is proud to deliver another Add-On Pack for our hit game, Magic Orbz. Since breaking apart pirates, witches and igloos just wasn’t enough, it’s now time to take our destructive tendencies into the JUNGLE!

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 06

On Thursday, April 15th in North America and April 22nd in Europe, you can download the Jungle Pack for Magic Orbz for just $2.99/€2.99. The Jungle Pack is loaded with wild beasts, ancient ruins, dense foliage, harsh weather, and everything else you could want to destroy with your little orb.

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 08 Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 03

For those not in the know, Magic Orbz presents a fresh spin on classic brick-breaking gameplay, enabling players to bust apart bright, colorful 3D environments piece by piece. Using realistic physics and a super-high-tech system of object destruction, Magic Orbz is presented in stunning 1080p with online multiplayer and in-game live voice communications. (Now you’re “in the know!”)

Magic Orbz: Jungle Add-on Pack 07

As always, everyone at TikGames/Creat Studios thanks you all for your support and feedback. We all work very hard to bring you great games, and we read everything that comes our way from our fans. We can’t do what we love without you!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Wraith2021 said:

April 13th, 8:04 am

yeah! I love this game and can’t wait for more stuff!

April 13th, 8:07 am

Thanks, Wraith2021! We’re happy to keep you playing.

DMPrince said:

April 13th, 8:06 am

Looks delicious!

April 13th, 8:08 am

It is! And it’s good for you, too.

mixedkidbx said:

April 13th, 8:08 am

i will be getting this. i had recently bought this game when it was on sale and also bought the add on maps. Having fun with it and look forward to even more add on maps that will be added in the future

April 13th, 8:13 am

Glad that you took advantage of our sale, mixedkidbx! (Which, BTW, is still going for a couple more days… HINT… HINT… 50% off our 1st seven titles in the Tik/Creat Publisher Page!!!)

Let us know how you enjoy the jungle pack.

Frankie09 said:

April 13th, 8:09 am

OMG. You just made my favorite PSN game even favoriter!!

Thank you.

April 13th, 8:14 am

Frankie09, you win triple bonus points for inventing the word “favoriter”.

Thanks for playing!

KidCommando said:

April 13th, 8:09 am

I love me some Magic Balls….er, Orbz

April 13th, 9:17 am

That’s ORBZ, Kid! I said ORBZ!!!!

Slipping_halo said:

April 13th, 8:10 am

Wow I cant beleive you guys are still making more add ons for this awesome game, thanks a bunch!!!

April 13th, 8:12 am

Thank you, Slipping_halo. As long as you keep playing, we’ll keep working.

dragonmagician said:

April 13th, 8:17 am

Have to keep my trophies 100% for this game, so keep releasing and I’ll keep buying.

Where’s the trophy list?

April 13th, 8:18 am

We’ll get the Trophy List out shortly, dragonmagician. Thanks for playing at such a high level!

acerazer1 said:

April 13th, 8:19 am

Will definitely be getting this, keep ’em coming

April 13th, 8:20 am

Like I said, acerrazer1… you keep buying, and we’ll keep making them. So glad that you plan to pick up the Jungle Pack!

Reverend_M said:

April 13th, 8:19 am

I just bought this game too, and have to say it sure brings me back to the brickbreaker days I had so much fun with! I’m really enjoying it, thanks for keeping up with the game! I just need to get into the multiplayer parts too Lol

April 13th, 8:21 am

Multiplayer can get pretty crazy, Reverend_M. We’re thrilled that you’re enjoying Magic Orbz.

Gorvi said:

April 13th, 8:24 am

I need to grab this game and Cuboid tonight while they’re still on sale…….

April 13th, 8:27 am

Everyone follow Gorvi’s example. Very smart player, Gorvi is!

NJLurch87 said:

April 13th, 8:25 am

Im thinking of picking this game up since it is on sale. I recently bought Mushroom Wars and it’s awesome. Does Magic Orbz support custom soundtracks? Listening to the Gorillaz helped me get through some tough battles on Mushroom Wars LOL

April 13th, 8:28 am

I believe it does, NJLurch87, but let me confirm that.

April 13th, 8:49 am

I have it confirmed… it does support custom soundtracks!

idraw said:

April 13th, 8:26 am

Any chance of this getting on the PSP?

April 13th, 8:28 am

Hmmm… that does sound like a good idea, doesn’t it.

PaperCarrier said:

April 13th, 8:26 am

Fun game I might get the add-on. Just a question. Why was it’s name changed from Magic Ball to Magic Orbz?

April 13th, 8:36 am

Why? Because everything is just cooler when you add a “Z” to the end! Am I right? :-)

Enforcer_X said:

April 13th, 8:31 am

Only $2.99? Really?
Can’t wait till Thursday, love this game and all the add-ons!

April 13th, 8:37 am

Thanks, Enforcer_X! And we love you, and we’re not just saying that.

Fallen_Guardian said:

April 13th, 8:31 am

Will this game be supporting Move in the future?

April 13th, 8:38 am

Well that does sound like a cool idea, doesn’t it, Fallen_Guardian? Perhaps we ought to think about that. ;-)

spunnups said:

April 13th, 8:41 am

I think the next one should be in space/on the moon…just a thought

April 13th, 8:43 am

Cool idea, spunnups! Orbz in Space!

BlooodyCow said:

April 13th, 8:43 am

should I?…hmmmmm….
Sold, buying this Thursday.

April 13th, 8:49 am

Now that’s what I like to read! Well done, BlooodyCow.

Sindred said:

April 13th, 8:46 am

This look awesome!!!

April 13th, 8:49 am

I’m pretty sure, Sindred, that it’s because it *IS* awesome!

Dogofthunder said:

April 13th, 8:55 am

This is a great game. Hopefully, these levels will be a little easier (that 50 levels in a row is my least favorite trophy ever and the only one I don’t have)!

By, the way, we need an Old West level – Yipee Kaiyay!

April 13th, 8:57 am

We’re happy you’ve been enjoying the game, Dogofthunder.

So we have one request for a Moon/Space pack, and one for an Old West pack. Any others?

Xervai said:

April 13th, 8:55 am

Exactly what I needed, more co-op goodness. Seriously, play the co-op. Thanks! Please bring us more 2-4 player games! :D

April 13th, 9:19 am

Bring more 2-4 player games?

Xervai, I wish I could tell you more about the 2-4 player games we’re making. I can tell you that we’re making more than 2. In fact, we’re making more than 4. One even has a competitive mode that’s partially co-operative. How’s that?

megamixer said:

April 13th, 9:02 am

Will this episode take after the easier more laid back difficulty of the earlier episodes or the sometimes frustratingly hard difficulty of the winter episode?

April 13th, 9:24 am

Megamixer, I can’t comment on that, because I haven’t had the time to go through every level myself. What has stumped you on the Winter Add-On?

ghamdikh1 said:

April 13th, 9:03 am

cool

Nonskid said:

April 13th, 9:04 am

Great News! I bought the game but don’t have any of the DLC yet. Any chance of a DLC bundle?

April 13th, 9:31 am

We’re chatting about bundles. Stay tuned.

Frankie09 said:

April 13th, 9:16 am

How about a Jurassic Pack??

April 13th, 9:35 am

Well, I don’t know about the Jurassic Park license, but a dinosaur pack would make me very happy, too.

OK, space, old west, dinosaurs… what else?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 13th, 9:23 am

HEY I WONDER IF YOU GUYS AT CREAT STUDIOS WOULD ALLOW US TO USE DIFFRENT KIND OF BALLS?..I MEEN ORBZ..BECAUSE LAST TIME I CHECKED ITS A SOCCER BALL..NOT A SOCCER “ORB”. BUT YEAH GAME IS WIKED FUN ..ME AND MY FIANCE HAVE A BLAST..KEP UP THE GOOD WORK :)

DarkAkatosh said:

April 13th, 9:23 am

Will you guys be bundling all the DLC together? Also, will this be the final add-on pack?

April 13th, 9:36 am

See #22, DarkAtatosh

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 13th, 9:27 am

WONDER* SORRY I DIDNT SPELL CHECK B4 I SUBMITTED :P BUT YEAH TAKE BACK THE BALL AND GIVE US A ORBZ TO TOSS AROUND! PLEEEEASE! THANK YOU IN ADVANCE ;)

jh6269 said:

April 13th, 9:28 am

Scott Hyman,

Thanks for another update to this great game. I bought it during the sale last week and wow, what an excellent game. I will definitely be buying this new pack. And tell whomever was responsible for levels >19 on the skeleton halloween pack (forgot what it was called) that they owe me a controller.

Just kidding.

Anyway, keep up the good work. I love the game; I wish the “orbz” looked like the orb in the title screen (all glow-y and blue flamey). I can’t tell if it’s a soccer ball or what…

Oh, and if you make a Sci-fi/space add on, I will buy that ASAP.

Thanks again, you guys rock!

April 13th, 9:40 am

So glad that you’ve been enjoying the game, jh6269. Please do be careful with your controller. ;-)

So, now we have 2 votes for a Spece pack. Can I get some love for the dinosaurs? C’mon… who else wants dinosaurs?

TheTwelve said:

April 13th, 9:29 am

YEeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssss!!!!!

I’ve gotten every trophy in this game thus far!

April 13th, 9:42 am

Keep it going, TheTwelve! We’ll keep making them.

VVIIRRAA said:

April 13th, 9:30 am

can’t wait for this DLC looks really different, love magic orbz :)

April 13th, 9:43 am

And Magic Orbz loves you, VVIIRRAA. They just told me so.

HoPeSKiNgS said:

April 13th, 9:33 am

hey hope dead rising 2 will be good do u think so scott can u make sure co_op will be real co-op like me and my friends can play the whole game togther k thanks

dragonmagician said:

April 13th, 9:39 am

As I said when you released the winter pack – Zombie pack. You are working on it already, right? Releasing around Halloween?

You know everything is better when you add zombies.

April 13th, 9:45 am

I can’t comment about future releases, dragonmagician. But everything is better when you add zombies. And “Z”s.

Maybe zombies in space? Zombie dinosaurs? No… I’m a dinosaur purist. Can’t go there with my dinosaurs, sorry.

Berae said:

April 13th, 9:40 am

Nice! yea a dinosaur pack would be nice loll and last lvl put jesus on a big tyrannosaur, that would be sweet loll

April 13th, 9:46 am

OK, 2 for space, 2 for dinosaurs, one for old west. And I’ll just stop there, Berae.

JetSetFuture said:

April 13th, 9:42 am

Is Tarzan included in this add-on? Just kidding. It looks great. I’ll be sure to grab it on Thursday.

Thanks for continuing to support this fun “little” game – though I guess it’s not so little anymore.

April 13th, 9:47 am

Thank you, JetSetFuture. Nothing makes us happier than all of the PS3 players who tell us how much they enjoy all the Add-On Packs. Let us know how you enjoy the the Jungle Pack.

coppi6976 said:

April 13th, 9:54 am

ROCK AND ROLL!!!!!!! IM all over this!!!!! Love this game, one of the few games my wife actually likes to play!!!

April 13th, 9:56 am

Thanks, coppi6976. Great that you and your wife can play together!

Vasteva said:

April 13th, 10:03 am

I’m so glad there is a new map coming out! And sence we are takeing votes, yes defantly a dino map would love to see a t-rex get blown off the map or struck by lightning (evil laugh). Space orbes and wild west sounds cool too but i fegured you guys would contune with holliday maps (witches and winter) but when i didn’t get to run over the easter bunny with my orbz or little leperchauns i was a bit saddened.
So what I’m saying is if you run out of ideas just keep the psudeo holliday maps coming and we won’t have to show up at your place with pitchforks and torches.

April 13th, 10:05 am

Uh oh… pitchforks and torches. I’m off to chat with the development team and do what I can to avoid the angry mob!

plaztiksyke said:

April 13th, 10:05 am

Does this add-on have better music than the Winter pack? The Winter Pack’s music was extremely repetitive and sounded very poor compared to the original music’s audio quality.

Also, will the patch fix the WAY-TOO-LOUD music in the XMB menu? I mentioned this twice before and was told the issue would be “passed onto developers”.

Middle Eastern/Arabian Nights, Wild west, Dinosaurs, and Space themes all seem like great ideas. How about a new ‘genocide’ power-up that, when it hits a tile, destroys all tiles of the same type on the current board? Or a gravity reversal ball that causes objects to float for a few seconds, and then they fall?

Here’s another vote for co-op games. I’d really love to see a patch/DLC for Mushroom Wars that adds local co-op play. My husband and I loved PixelJunk Monsters, and the local co-op play was a huge part of our enjoyment.

April 13th, 10:14 am

Better music… that’s a matter of taste, I suppose. But there’s always Custom Music, so you can listen to whatever you like.

I will check on the XMB issue. I believe that it is indeed being addressed.

Arabian Nights… oooh, there’s a good one! I like the other ideas, too. I’ll pass them all along to the dev team, plaztiksyke!

I can’t comment on Mushroom Wars just yet, but stay tuned!

Cstrfrk said:

April 13th, 10:09 am

Awesome! That was a quick update since the last one. Can’t wait to play through with my friend from Canada. We always await the latest updates for this game. Keep the new themes comin’

April 13th, 10:17 am

Thanks, Cstrfrk! We’re always looking to make more for Orbz!

GettinWorse said:

April 13th, 10:24 am

Gonna pick this up after work this evening, but have a few quick questions about the multiplayer:

Is it local multiplayer? For how many players? And does it use split-screen for multiplayer, or do two people move back and forth across the whole screen (crossing over each other) in a type of co-op play?

Thanks for the info.

April 13th, 11:07 am

Hold on there, GettingWorse. You can pick this up the original Magic Orbz on sale right now at 50% off, but the Jungle Pack won’t be available until *Thursday* after work. It won’t be there tonight.

It does have local and online multiplayer for 2 players. Not split screen… in game multiplayer.

plaztiksyke said:

April 13th, 10:32 am

By “better” music, I meant longer and/or more diverse loops encoded at a higher bitrate. Besides sounding flat compared to the original levels’ music, the compression artifacts in the Winter music were distracting to us and reminded me of WiiWare games.

I hope that’s specific/constructive enough ;)

Can you tell us if this new level pack’s music is better on those two fronts (loop length/diversity and encoding bitrate)?

Thanks for spending so much time to answer all the questions — Tik/Creat are probably the best at this kind of community outreach! :)

April 13th, 11:08 am

I’ll let you know what I can find out, plaztiksyke.

DragonRay said:

April 13th, 10:34 am

combine the old west and zombies packs ?
and how about a classic games pack with levels inspired by classic games from the arcades of the 1980s ?
anyway I’ll be getting the add-on . picked up majhong tales and interpol last week and now have all but your last 2 games . too many games too little time

April 13th, 11:09 am

Thanks for picking up some of our old titles, DragonRay.

A classic arcade inspired Magic Orbz? Wow, I think that might make our designers’ heads explode from joy!

OnslaughtCometh said:

April 13th, 10:37 am

How about a 1920’s-style New York landscape? Old-style buildings and such.

April 13th, 11:09 am

Better yet, can we add the dinosaurs to that? :-)

Maguss said:

April 13th, 10:41 am

Is this the 3rd pack for this game? Any chance of a bundle?!?! If not I’ll pick this one up first, I haven’t had a chance to play so I haven’t picked up the other packs yet. Now that I’m unemployed I have more time to play! lol

April 13th, 11:10 am

It is indeed the third pack, Maguss. No news on a bundle right now, but it’s been discussed.

SpyDudeFX said:

April 13th, 10:42 am

MagicOrbz is just one of those awesome PSN titles, with tons of replay value and amazing DLC for a low price. More add-on packs based on a world theme would be nice!

April 13th, 11:11 am

Thanks for the nice words, SpyDudeFX. The world theme sounds cool, too!

gosox said:

April 13th, 10:49 am

Good add on to a great game. Thanks for the replies as well.

April 13th, 11:12 am

Thank you, gosox! Always happy to chat with folks that buy our games.

And now, a very important question for you.

Sox… White or Red?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

April 13th, 11:16 am

I apologize for putting my 2cents..but im sure im not the ONLY PERSON who would like to see that SOCCER BALL changed into an ORBZ..or atleast give us the option to do so.:/ ooh and i cant wait to see those new 2-4 player games..hopefully we wont have to wait too long.

April 13th, 11:26 am

I’ll send the suggestion to our dev team, nYcFrEeWiLL82. As for the other games, stay tuned. 2010 will be as busy a year fro Tik/Creat as 2009!

Budmaceone said:

April 13th, 11:17 am

great can’t wait to yell/scream/kick when I get to the harder levels….

April 13th, 11:34 am

Please don’t hurt anyone, Budmaceone. Enjoy!

HerbertFortoon said:

April 13th, 11:19 am

That sucks, cause I want this but I can’t access the store!! :-(
Way to go, Sony!

TheGuardianFID said:

April 13th, 11:31 am

I’ve had the game since launch and it’s a great little game, the presentation is what sold me and guess what, you did it again, SOLD!!! 8)

April 13th, 11:35 am

Woohoo! Thanks TheGuardianFID! Let us know how you like it.

PAGE 1 2