Paragon

Apr 13

Apr 13

Flood Warning: Heavy Rain Surpasses the Million Mark

Jefferson Dong's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Heavy Rain PS3 Packfront

Hi everyone, I’m pleased to announce that since its launch in February, Heavy Rain has hit is millionth mark in sales worldwide! Congratulations Quantic Dream!

Praised by media for its gripping storyline, thought-provoking themes, innovation and engaging example of non-linear storytelling, it’s no surprise that more than a million gamers agree.

Don’t believe us? If you haven’t played Heavy Rain yet, then take a look at the following trailer highlighting the award-winning, critically-acclaimed, and one million unit-selling Heavy Rain!

In addition, the only true way to experience what makes Heavy Rain so unique is to download and play the PSN demo for Heavy Rain straight from the PlayStation Store.

We hope you’re enjoying Heavy Rain, and the newly released Taxidermist Level (available on PSN for $4.99). But, if you’re looking for more, continue to check back here on the PlayStation.Blog for the latest updates!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

FATHASUN said:

April 13th, 4:16 am

I am 1 in a MILLION.

MadMeat001 said:

April 13th, 4:18 am

God of War III did the same right?
yay!

kowhoho said:

April 13th, 4:32 am

Weeeee!

Jackal888 said:

April 13th, 4:38 am

Good job Sony advertising such a different title to gamers.

BalramRules said:

April 13th, 4:49 am

next up, 2MILLION! XD

bigrob8706 said:

April 13th, 5:05 am

game was great and am i the only one to notice ps3 just keeps making game of the year quality games while 360’s best games are from 3rd party developers…..ps3 4 life

Callahan09 said:

April 13th, 5:10 am

Congratulations, Quantic Dream and Sony! I loved this experience. Please, make more Heavy Rain Chronicles downloadable chapters, and consign Quantic Dream to make another PS3 exclusive that’ll blow my mind again.

Hobartbob said:

April 13th, 5:12 am

This is amazing, considering i never saw a commercial for this game. This game is truly a classic!!

Berae said:

April 13th, 5:23 am

Congratulations! It was an awesome experience so it deserves it. I hope we will see more original titles like this one, i have no doubt tho. Thats what i like about Sony, they take risks and they try different things to give gamers a unique experience.

Mattchewie said:

April 13th, 5:44 am

This is great news! Especially in a game industry where big players take less and less risks with unproven game mechanics and the lot.

Hats off to you Sony for publishing and of course hats off to Quantic Dream for creating such a game!

pgsdi said:

April 13th, 5:55 am

This game is absolutely amazing! I am proud to be part of its history. Amazing, Amazing Game!! More DLC Please!!!

Darkpen said:

April 13th, 5:55 am

Ohhhhh, I get it, flood warning, ha ha, cute.

C-Murph666 said:

April 13th, 6:01 am

Where the heck are the next Heavy Rain Chronicles downloadable chapters~?!

Also, Congrats~! Make more~!

SPARDA said:

April 13th, 6:06 am

That is great news!!!!!
I also plan to contribute to the units sold when I pick up a copy of Heavy Rain tonight

Congrats and I can’t wait to play it

SPARDA

remanutd5 said:

April 13th, 6:26 am

Congrats Quantic Dream and sony , i hope we see more unique games from QD , i know i will buy anything they come up with next and God of Warrrr 3 should be at least in the 2.5 millions already and i hope to see another God of War psp game soon

Sub-Zero said:

April 13th, 6:41 am

I love this game, still need to go back and finish some of the endings.

Im pleading though the Taxidermist was cool….But why no trophy support? I cant buy any more episodes without it. Its a standard now. Being a 1 party title it needs to set the mark.

Fallen_Guardian said:

April 13th, 6:44 am

Can you please confirm that you are going to update Heavy Rain to use the move motion controller?

reson8er said:

April 13th, 6:51 am

When I’m finally caught up with the hoard of games I have to finish, I’m going to go back to Heavy Rain and see if I can do all there is to do in the game.

I LOVE IT!

Congrats on the 1MM mark, and here’s hoping for many more.

I hope this is a LOUD AND CLEAR signal to the industry and Sony that there is a market for games made for adults, or more accurately games that don’t treat the player like they are a kid. I can’t wait to see what Mr. Cage is up to next!

Marauderxt said:

April 13th, 7:02 am

So glad, there needs to be more games like this. With less plot holes of course.

xiked said:

April 13th, 7:15 am

I love this game and I have tried to promote this game in my store. I recommend this game to as many as I can and I have sold allot. This game needs more DLC and make some advertisement that it is on PSN. Need more Heavy Rain!

And as I have said before, many of the sold copies I sold, beside the hardcore gamers that comes to the store, has been older people. Many of those people that have bought PS3 only to use as blu-ray has bought Heavy Rain. The PS3 attach rate has been suffering because of this big group of people but this may change if SONY continuing to make games like this. This game is something that attracts a older and more mature audience. That is a goldmine to explore because they have cash and they don´t mind paying 60buck for it.

Congratz SONY and Quantic Dream! Well done!

ATOMS11 said:

April 13th, 7:29 am

Hopefully the industry takes notice!

dragonmagician said:

April 13th, 7:33 am

Congrats! Hope it continues to sell.

When is the next Chronicles chapter going to be released? I’m excited for any new information.

UnKn0nSldr86 said:

April 13th, 7:36 am

Heavy Rain goes platiumned and i also platiumned the game myself :)

congratz Quantic Dreams!

BloodiedWraith said:

April 13th, 7:37 am

I actually just bought this the other day. It was in my list of games I needed to buy, but there were too many major releases in the time frame. I found it at a price that I knew I couldn’t beat, so I jumped on it to put in the backlog. I really hope it’s as good as everyone says it is!

NewYork214 said:

April 13th, 7:49 am

Grats, i still havent played it but thats because some jerk spoiled who the killer was for me and im waiting a year or how ever long it takes to forget about it. was really looking forward to it though

UNCyrus said:

April 13th, 7:55 am

Such a great game

mcx said:

April 13th, 7:55 am

“When it rains it pours” .. Keep pouring on the DLC.

SPOPS said:

April 13th, 7:59 am

I really really tried to like this game. I gave it a shot, and well it just was not the game for me. Nothing against it or anyone who enjoys it. But it was just not something that I enjoyed.

TheTwelve said:

April 13th, 8:01 am

Give me more!!!

Kchow23 said:

April 13th, 8:12 am

hope there is more DLC coming!

RedBullRacer said:

April 13th, 8:30 am

That is such good news! Hopefully more people will make games like this, I want more of Heavy Rain and story based games, brilliant news!

BlooodyCow said:

April 13th, 8:34 am

congrats to QD. Hope it sells another million by the end of the year

CRAIG19C said:

April 13th, 8:40 am

Yay! Congratulations! :)

marseall said:

April 13th, 8:49 am

This game deserve much more, but it’s success in these times. Wonderful game, masterpiece, which cannot be forgotten…Thanks, Quantic Dreams and Sony.

scorpio182 said:

April 13th, 8:56 am

I too still have to buy this. I had GOW3 to get and playing through it now. My next game will be Heavy Rain.

Congrats on the million milestone….

V1ctIm said:

April 13th, 9:00 am

Great news! The game was more amazing than I thought it would be (and I had grand hopes indeed).

Thank you to everyone at Sony for giving this team and game a chance in a market that is typically too scared to invest in creativity. You guys show your devotion to gamers time and time again by believing and investing in unbelievably brilliant new IP and we appreciate it.

i_like_toast said:

April 13th, 9:01 am

glad to hear the game sold well, hopefully this will encourage more developers to offer story oriented games and we can work to equaling the medium between a movies ability to tell a story and a video games ability to let you live a story.

Who knows, maybe one day it can be on the same level as books.

nov_17th said:

April 13th, 9:13 am

Nice going French guys. Glad to see you’ve made some money.

ElektroDragon said:

April 13th, 9:15 am

Why not celebrate landmark by lowering the price to $29.99 to pick up the NEXT million why the iron is hot? I am not buying it for anything more than that, sorry.

SLURPEE__QUEEN said:

April 13th, 9:27 am

& NOW THEY ARE MAKING A HEAVY RAIN ” THE MOVIE ” WELL DONE I LOVED PLAYING ” HEAVY RAIN ” KEEP UP THE GREAT WORK”

SLURPEE__QUEEN said:

April 13th, 9:31 am

BUT ON THE DOWN SONY YOU SHOULD OF advertised MORE MAYBE WE COULD OF GOTTEN ” SPLINTER CELL ” FOR PS3 INSTEAD OF SPLINTER CELL ” JUST FOR X-BOX ” SHAME ” BUT HEY GREAT WORK” “

CapinChronic said:

April 13th, 9:44 am

Congratulations Quantic Dream.. Keep making great games on our console!! ^_^

Neil said:

April 13th, 10:09 am

Well deserved. This game was brilliant.

weezyf85 said:

April 13th, 10:27 am

OMG!! IVE HAD MY EYES ON HEAVY RAIN FOR QUITE SOME TIME–IT SEEMS SONY JUST KEEPS TOPING THE LIST WITH INCREDIBLE PS3 EXCLUSIVES!! THE EPIC GAMES LIKE INFAMOUS-KILLZONE 2-UNCHARTED 2 –METAL GEAR 4 GOP–AND ALL OTHER THIRD PARTY TITANS LIKE GTA IV– C.O.D WORLD AT WAR BAYONETA-FALL OUT THREE!! WICH IM STILL TRYING TO FINISH! AND THEN MODERN WF 2 STEALS MY HEART–AND SONY UNLEASHES THE TITANIC MONSTER THAT IS GOD OF WAR THREE!!! AND NOW IM BALANCING HEAVY RAIN– SONY HAS CONQUERED GAMING AS A WHOLE!! I HAVE PURCHASED EVERY ONE OF THESE TRIPLE AAA GAMES AND MUCH MORE AND I MUST SAY THAT THE PS3 REIGNS KING ABOVE ALL THAT IS CONSIDERED GAMING AND ENTERTAINMENT—PERIOD..DONT BELIEVE ME–(JUST ASK US–AND EVERYBODY ELSE HERE ON PSN—PS3 ACROSS THE GRAVE…(SALES DONT LIE)–(GOW 3)–(HEAVY RAIN)- BOTH TAKE GAME OF THE YEAR-IN MY BOOK..WE RULE!!!!!

l0rdh3lmit said:

April 13th, 10:28 am

This game was playing great until the dreaded 3.21 update. Since then my 60G PS3 freezes constantly. I tried playing this game again last night and had it lock up on me 4 times in an hour as well as creating a very choppy gameplay which could only be fixed by restarting the PS3. So for 2 hours of gameplay, I got about 30 minutes due to having to constantly reboot.

I hope Sony fixes this issue quick. however, I suspect that they will dump it on us as usual.

JaY_Ci_415 said:

April 13th, 11:15 am

I have to play this game again but after I finish GOW3. I played it for a few days and got hooked immediately but then got caught up with a few other things. Can’t wait to see what happens when I get back on it.

Major props to Sony for all these great games they’ve put out for the PS3. I really feel that the PS3 is on a major role and a lot of people now are catching on.

2010 is going to be huge when it’s all said and done, imo.

TheGuardianFID said:

April 13th, 11:22 am

Classic!!! 8)

chaindrive30 said:

April 13th, 11:30 am

This is def great to hear! I just downloaded the taxadermist and am looking forward to more DLC for this game no this experience of epic proportions!

letherclad said:

April 13th, 11:30 am

I’m so glad this is doing well, its a masterpiece

PAGE 1 2