God of War

Apr 14

Apr 14

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype Coming to PSN in May

Tet Ishida's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, Soldner-X 2

Hi everyone, this is Tet from eastasiasoft. In partnership with SideQuest Studios, I’ve been co-producing our upcoming PS3 shoot ’em up game Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype, expected to hit the PlayStation Network in the coming month.

Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype is the successor to our 2008 released PS3 game Söldner-X: Himmelsstürmer (yes, unless you are fluent in German, that was the game with the impossible-to-pronounce name). Gameplay wise Söldner-X 2 is taking you back to the roots of the classical 2D shoot ’em up (or also referred to as ‘shmup’) genre, audio-visually combined with what the PS3 has to offer. In this horizontal-scrolling shmup, it’s your mission to protect the galaxy from the D’aarg, a technologically superior race that is threatening mankind.

To leave it plain and simple for now, during the seven stages of the game, you can expect nothing but pure action with hundreds of enemies to shoot down, thousands of bullets to evade and huge boss battles to be fought.

Well, I guess I could go on and on for a while, so I’m trying to make it short. In Söldner-X 2 you can expect high-definition graphics with classical 2D gameplay, combined with 3D backgrounds in up to 1080p, exciting bullet patterns that require your best skills, powerful weapons, limit attacks and fourfold chaser system, a newly-designed chaining system, detailed online high score ranking tables with replay file sharing, an adrenaline pumping soundtrack with 30 unique tracks and so much more.

Finally, I’m pleased to present you a first look at Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype in action. Check out our launch trailer and don’t forget to watch out for Söldner-X 2: Final Prototype when it’s hitting the PlayStation Store in May 2010. As you can probably feel, I’m already more than excited!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

EspadaKiller said:

April 14th, 6:38 pm

Whoa it’s looking really good! Will be so getting it next month! :D

YakuzaJoe88 said:

April 14th, 6:51 pm

Tet, to make more sales,
ALL FUTURE CO-OP GAMES MUST BE LOCAL AND ONLINE!
Sorry for capslock, but dude…. it makes sense, right?

Tet Ishida's Avatar

Tet Ishida said:

April 14th, 6:55 pm

I agree, but for a relatively small developer it’s not as easy as it sounds. SX2 runs fluent in 60fps. An online co-op for a 2D game that much relies on exact input is a difficult task to achieve. We thought about this for a long time before development but at the end decided to add the resources into gameplay rather than an online mode. Hopefully you will still give the game a chance.

ChainClutch said:

April 14th, 6:58 pm

not to bad, i might get it, i feel i made the mistake of buying the first one early on, man was it ever impossible to beat, then even after the patch, by then i was not into the game no more. lack of weapons and variety was the big kill for me. if part 2 sells for $9.99 and less then i’ll consider it. i use to love super R-type.

Slythex said:

April 14th, 7:24 pm

Wow.

Day freaking 1!

Mindplague said:

April 14th, 7:44 pm

I’m game. When do you want my money?!

Zafro said:

April 14th, 8:16 pm

I don’t mean to be disrespectful as I don’t believe the game is a quick cash in. It’s simply that watching the trailer, some of the bosses are very reminiscent of classic bosses in games like Gradius (0:37) and R-Type (0:44). That’s just the vibe I’m getting with the design and I wonder if it was intentional to stir nostalgic memories. Obviously I cannot judge based on a trailer, and I am looking forward to playing the game, but yeah it’s fairly obvious the approach was much different than the first. I think that for people like me who were expecting something similar to Himmelsstürmer — it’s a bit of a shock.

Also, to anyone saying the first game was impossible to beat, it’s really not that hard once you sit down and give it a fair chance. Also, if you just want to get through it, the added Beginner mode makes it impossible to die short of grabbing an instant death power-up. You can literally fly through the asteroid field in world 3 without ever moving just firing your weapon and you will not die.

SHINSPIKES said:

April 14th, 9:04 pm

What the seizure overload!!!! If this game has dlc with good pricing, then I would buy this. Nowadays, I hate buyin games that has a short lifespan.

Tet Ishida's Avatar

Tet Ishida said:

April 14th, 9:19 pm

The game’s heavier than SX1, it will be around 1.5GB. Also there’s lots of replay value in Soldner-X 2 with a challenge mode and tons of stuff you can unlock. (I’ll talk about this in our next blog post here).

chriscowboyd said:

April 14th, 9:51 pm

Was the first one ever updated to have custom soundtracks? Will this one have custom soundtracks?

Tet Ishida's Avatar

Tet Ishida said:

April 14th, 10:06 pm

Neither one has custom soundtracks, sorry. We considered this for SX2 but at the end we believe that the game’s BGM adds a lot to the game itself just the way it is, so we decided against it.

Jimmy_Cosmos said:

April 14th, 9:56 pm

I’m so excited! soldner-x: himmelssturmer was a fantastic shmup and I cannot WAIT to play this! Thank you Tet!!

YakuzaJoe88 said:

April 15th, 1:15 am

“Give SX2 a chance” Tet, you best believe I’m getting SX2!
LOVED the first… reminded me of Einhander, which I also admire. You guys are another small studio to watch – keep up the excellent work guys!

Thrill_Kill said:

April 15th, 1:50 pm

There is no mention of who did the music this time around on your blog post. I think the music is a very important part of the game, and the first Soldner X had music done by Rafael Dyll, (the guy who made the soundtrack for Last Hope), and it sounds incredible!

This one sounds very similar in style, so I can only assume Rafael Dyll is doing this one as well. I just think it should be mentioned somewhere in the blog post. He does such an incredible job with the music in shooters, he deserves some credit. :)

Thrill_Kill said:

April 15th, 1:51 pm

Oh, and Thank You for making a sequel to Soldner X on the PlayStation 3. I loved the first one, and this one will also be a day 1 purchase for me!

kzeko said:

April 15th, 6:07 pm

icant wait 2 play this game.////……

denpanosekai said:

April 16th, 8:30 pm

and THAT is how you make a KILLER TRAILER!

I am SEVERELY EXCITED for this.

ATTN: SONY, we want more SHMUPS!!

loupinconnu said:

April 17th, 2:43 am

Loving the first one right now (This blog actually convinced me to get it, let me say well worth the ten dollars). Can’t wait for the new one to come as you seemed to have fixed my one gripe with the game. Can’t wait for this.

discostu2712 said:

April 17th, 3:30 pm

the score actually IS by Rafael Dyll once again. Another great job. And yes, I do have this info first hand from Rafael himself in a german game forum. An OST release will be coming up as well.

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

April 18th, 5:06 pm

I WANT IN GAME MUSIC THE LAST GAME The MUSIC WAS VERY DISAPPOINTING!..Germany you made this game?.Where is the Euro Trance?…
Come on Sony We want In Game Music I have a ton of music that is just begging to be used in my Space Shoot em up titles!..If you can’t provide that feature then S^rew you Sony! =(

SNAKE-EYES73 said:

April 18th, 5:12 pm

IF THERE’S NO IN GAME MUSIC OR BEING ABLE TO CUSTOM MY GAME I’M NOT PAYING YOU SQUAT!!!!SONY NEEDS TO SERIOUSLY LISTEN TO WHAT WE WANT IN GAME MUSIC CROSS GAME CHAT & A LONGER FRIENDS AND BAN LIST!
OTHERWISE PS3 IS DEAD TO ME!..Sony the 360 is kicking your a$$ as we speak hurry up and provide this for us!..OTHERWISE YOU WILL FAIL IN 2010 and Beyond!..Stop lying and provide it!..Where is Charge Network?.the PSN has crappy connections etc..And who cares if its free its sucks Bad!

plaztiksyke said:

April 19th, 8:11 pm

Great to hear about the 1.5GB. No, seriously! If it means higher quality visuals and audio, I’m happy to have the download take a little longer.

LordKaiser00 said:

April 21st, 3:32 pm

I will buy this game at $9.99 USD but if you charge $15 for it then I will buy it last.

PAGE 1 2