Farpoint

Apr 21

Apr 21

PS3 3.30 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

• Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
    • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15 27

lewiatan_jp said:

April 22nd, 3:09 am

@DeadPool315
Is not only about OTHER OS, Is about ethics. SONY cannot remove features that has been there since day zero. If you didn’t bother about consumer rights then SONY can make anything they want in the future.
Go ahead gift your soul to Sony.

Remember:
Then they came for me and by that time no one was left to speak up.

lordvard said:

April 22nd, 3:11 am

could you PLEASE put privat audio chat with friends across the system / games as a high priority feature? This is why I am using my 360 for online gaming and not my beloved PS3…

GTRspeedsterEvoX said:

April 22nd, 3:14 am

i think it is a good update. i’m not to bothered about the trophy sorting function or the prep for 3D as it dose not work yet and probably will not work for me anyway because i am almost blind in one eye so 3D usually dose not work for me, will be a cool feature as long as it is switchable so people like me can still enjoy the titles that come out in 3D. just glad they updated flash so i can watch youtube again. why people keep asking on here if it “fixed” when the numptys can just go to youtube to find out??

bataille said:

April 22nd, 3:15 am

Trophy Sorting doesn’t seem to be a hugely popular request over at Blog.Share…

Any particular reason SONY focused on this feature instead of the myriad of more pressing, useful features that fans are actually requesting?

BenderUnit22 said:

April 22nd, 3:16 am

Still think you need a good 3rd party API to share trophy data in places other than your PS3.

loaf687 said:

April 22nd, 3:20 am

Well, from what I’ve read so far on here this update is absolutley pointless. Not like I didn’t expect it to be or anything >>; I don’t even bother with trophies to be honest, if I get them in a game then cool [DELETED], but I don’t set out on getting them. So right off the top the trophy sorting crap is of no use to me. Second, I don’t plan on getting a 3D tv, just got a very nice HDTV about 2-3 months ago. 3D is popular for now, but eventually it will die down in popularity and everyone will see how much of a fail it is. And, this.. oh this is what really pisses me off, I’ve read that this POINTLESS update has been bricking PS3’s. Apparently after the update the PS3 will not turn on, the red light doesn’t change to green and then theres those beautiful 3 beeps which I’m sure by now every PS3 owner knows what I’m talking about. Also, there seems to be some issues with connecting dualshock 3 controllers to the ps3, they won’t turn on the PS3 and they themselves won’t turn on. What’s truly pathetic about this update is that I’m on the fence about it because there is a chance that it may brick my PS3. Update 3.0 and 3.01 bricked my Phat PS3, every since then I’ve been very careful with these updates.

loaf687 said:

April 22nd, 3:20 am

Just have to wait and see what happens to other peoples first before I decide to take the plunge.

footballrule said:

April 22nd, 3:21 am

Any date on release date?

dFUSE said:

April 22nd, 3:22 am

Great update, is it possible to be able to DELETE a game where you have 0% trophies? That way it doesnt clutter the trophy-list…

DamnBoxes said:

April 22nd, 3:23 am

@ that guy who bagged me

I wasn’t saying Sony is lame, I was just saying I expected more from this update.

I still dont see why remove other OS couldnt have been put with this update.

frogdesgagnes said:

April 22nd, 3:25 am

Cool guys! But would you please mind doing something about that web browser? :)

Bloody_Marcel said:

April 22nd, 3:30 am

@589 it’s out now

ToneLoc101 said:

April 22nd, 3:34 am

Thats Wassup. And would there be anyway, we could ever PLAY a game with OUR music in the backround? I think ALOT of ppl would LOVE it. TRUST ME. n 1 more thing, internet browser needs an update for youtube. thnx.

WRR_Farid said:

April 22nd, 3:34 am

[IMG]http://i40.tinypic.com/r76hdj.jpg[/IMG]

Start-Suicide said:

April 22nd, 3:35 am

there are loads of us older gamers that dont give a crap about trophies or psp links or facebook, but we still have to have all these updates that are pointless to us, cant they be optional?

also why is it taking so long to download this update? its been over half an hour an im on 30%. this sucks! i want to play MAG not have updates that are pointless to me
(how many of us can afford a 3D TV, prob less than 4% of your cust req that part of the update??????)

Ch0c0L4t3m1Lk said:

April 22nd, 3:38 am

i got sooo excited when i read that this update was going to help me brag about my trophies. as far as i can tell though, this update just adds features for sorting my trophies locally, i fail to see how my bragging has been aided. unless theres something im missing, this update was a huge waste of time.

im getting really sick of trophies not meaning/ doing anything. once you reach a certain level you should have access to exclusive home content at least, like a dynamic tshirt in home that has my trophy count on it, or various home spaces or outfits that you must reach a certain level to use. at least let me display my trophies in my home spaces. best case scenario, trophies should award a small amount of psn credit, so those not into home will still enjoy getting trophies.

xbskid said:

April 22nd, 3:39 am

While I appreciate that there are enhancements to the way trophies can be sorted, I think it’s a bit silly that there’s no way to return to the original order that the trophies were in, and I also think it’s silly no one thought to sort them by worth (Platinum, Gold, Silver, Bronze, unacquired-Secret).

TONI-ZUNE said:

April 22nd, 3:42 am

all we need see somthing like x-box were we can listen to music an play the game ps3 would be 100% good its only 99% now but if yall can do that for us we would be all good an one more thing can we get more dynamic themes an avatars thanks P.S THIS IS HIS WIFE I NEED A GIRLY GAME TO PLAY PLEASE JUST ONE THANKS :)

TjokerM said:

April 22nd, 3:55 am

New ways to brag? Count me in mofo!

phallenangel said:

April 22nd, 3:57 am

From what I`ve been reading is that Sony doesnt have the custom audio track feature due to m1kr0$haft has a patent on it.Yes they have a patent which is based on their software code.They dont have a patent on the feature itself.which they cant.It would be like me listening to a ipod or similar and violating some legality.They didnt come up w/ the idea.Sony get on the ball and get it done.Its definitely missed by your users.

Eulentier said:

April 22nd, 3:59 am

No OtherOS, no update. No OtherOS, no purchasing of retail PS3 titles.

svd246 said:

April 22nd, 4:01 am

This is sweet, and I can’t wait for the 3D Gaming and the new 3D Bravia TV!

THANKS SONY!

Kamiboy said:

April 22nd, 4:05 am

Who asked for this? Is it really so hard to put a number indicating ones Trophy level next to ones username on the friendlist? Is it so hard that it hasn’t been done in the last two years?

I am baffled by these seemingly random features, what is that Share thing for anyway, just an outlet for ideas to be ignored?

cowboyd21 said:

April 22nd, 4:05 am

great update

Gatorassault said:

April 22nd, 4:07 am

Sony-Idiots. plain and simple.

Unlimax said:

April 22nd, 4:07 am

Anything Special about that ?

Trophies !!! Meeeeeeeh

Datcyde said:

April 22nd, 4:08 am

People just wait for E3. Sony will surprise everyone!!!

dfc1142 said:

April 22nd, 4:12 am

Honestly, I feel this update was kind of useless. For someone who actively goes after trophies, Maybe. but as someone without a computer, I’d really like to see a new web browser? I mean come on, with each update, the browser gets worse and worse. Please Sony, Remake the web browser(and don’t just “Fix” it)

sid6581 said:

April 22nd, 4:13 am

You are listening to our feedback? When??? You have this share blog but there’s NOTHING coming out of it. Instead you are taking away features. PS3 has become a joke after a good 2009.

BigRon3400 said:

April 22nd, 4:15 am

Thanks for another feature we didn’t ask for. Guess the whole PLAYSTATION SHARE crap was Sony just blowing smoke to make us think we actually had a say in what we got.

JESSEAARONV2 said:

April 22nd, 4:21 am

Great update by Sony.
Keep it up Sony

rodawill said:

April 22nd, 4:27 am

If the Other OS feature is not being added back, New Updates News doesn’t matter anymore.

KarimKONGA said:

April 22nd, 4:28 am

i have a error while updating the last version (3.30) via internet what can i do please anyone help me……………

Reginthorn said:

April 22nd, 4:29 am

Where is Cross-Game Chat?

PAID-ASSASSIN said:

April 22nd, 4:31 am

Holy Crap, Sony is ADDING a feature?

Is this real Life?

PAID-ASSASSIN said:

April 22nd, 4:34 am

You guys can take your 3D Bravia TV and shove it.

After the OtherOS ridiculousness, No more Sony Products in my house.

KarimKONGA said:

April 22nd, 4:35 am

Update version 3.30 problem please anyone help me

CU_CHULAINN_76 said:

April 22nd, 4:40 am

I want to be able to switch on the playstation and have it automatically launch PlayTV. A firmware update to make this an option would be great.

seinfeldsghost said:

April 22nd, 4:40 am

Great! Now we just need PS2 software emulation.

coreyfarkas said:

April 22nd, 4:40 am

DOES THIS BRING BACK OTHEROS??!?!?!?

S-E-G said:

April 22nd, 4:41 am

enough with the “it only does everything” it really doesn’t do everything i want it to do, “it only does everything Sony wants it to do”.

JakeRuiner said:

April 22nd, 4:41 am

i like the trophy update seeing as im a trophy-whore myself lol its not much but of an update apart from that, and not everyone collects or cares about trophies, so this is probably a pointless update them.

mmmmmikeeeee said:

April 22nd, 4:45 am

Whoa, Everyone needs to calm down demanding updates. Online portion of the ps3 is FREE… which means no cost to you so basically sony is making ps3 better for free til they add a cost to online play IF they do. So demanding updates is really stupid, Sony can take their time to make updates becasue its free, BUT when its at a cost we could complain about what you call “overdue updates”but until then calm down and appreciate even the little things sony adds to the ps3. Anyways nice update. AND i wanna add that cross game chat makes no sense if you and your friend its playing the same game then you dont need to be talking to eachother. A good example is if im playing rockband drums and your playing MW2 you wanna hear all that loudness while you get shot in the back? i doubt it.

digital_anthrax said:

April 22nd, 4:46 am

get on the ball sony… with no users you get no profits..give us what we want..

phernandez250 said:

April 22nd, 4:52 am

Am I the only one that is still having trouble syncing their trophies I mean this has been an annoying problem that needs to be fixed!!!!

phade2blaq said:

April 22nd, 4:52 am

I am happy to see the update but I wished it would allow for us to delete trophies for games we no longer own or play ! Also wish they would include a feature to see won/loss records for online sports games !

I also wish they would have included a PS2 emulator for non BC PS3 consoles ! I know that’s reaching deep but I had to include that ! LOL !

So far, I haven’t been that impressed with 3D tv so I’m hopeful 3D gaming will be worth the wait but I know it’s early in the game so I’ll keep on top of things as they progress !

BC_eh said:

April 22nd, 4:53 am

I have to agree… NO More Sony Products In My House! And wait for E3? Sorry, but I don’t think I can ever be surprised by sony. Dissappointed yeah, but not surprised!

banditwolf said:

April 22nd, 4:54 am

When are you going to fix the problems with loading discs that your 3.00 & 3.01 caused? I know my drive isn’t broken, it is your software that is not recognizing that a disc is in to load it. I want this fixed, it’s been months.

spacysam said:

April 22nd, 4:56 am

I have just completed this update and now I can’t connect to the PS3 Network.

The internet is working fine but when I try to connect it just comes back with a message saying its timed out.

It was working fine before the update…how do I go about fixing this?

WorstCompanyEver said:

April 22nd, 5:04 am

I don’t know why I’m helping a company that screwed me out of PSN and future games just so I could keep my otherOS do their job of tech support, but people who are having problems go google PS3 system restore. I hope that points you in the right direction. Otherwise talk to Sony, I don’t have it in me to tech their customers units anymore now that they broke mine…

PAGE 1 11 12 13 14 15 27