Horizon Zero Dawn

Apr 21

Apr 21

PS3 3.30 System Software Update

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Hi everyone, in our continued effort to provide the best, most comprehensive entertainment experience possible, we’ll be adding a few new features to PlayStation 3 (PS3) via the latest system software update, which is a mandatory update and will be available shortly. Most notably, you’ll see some new sorting options within Trophies that make it easier to claim bragging rights among your friends on PlayStation Network.

• Trophy enhancements –- Now you can more easily sort trophies in the [Trophy Collection] and [Comparing Trophy] sections. Sorting can be done with [Trophy Collection] in the [Game Category] and also when comparing trophies with your friends in the [Friend Category]
    • Trophy Folder (Title List) can be sorted by game name/ by title according to the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Add-on list (Group list) can be sorted by original/the date in which you earned your last trophy (ascending/descending)
    • Trophy list can be sorted by original/trophy name/grade/date of obtaining the trophy (ascending/descending)

In addition, this update preps the PS3 system for some upcoming new features, including 3D stereoscopic gaming, which is coming soon to PS3, in time for the launch of Sony’s 3D BRAVIA TVs.

Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 27

Nintendo451 said:

April 21st, 5:23 pm

Awesome. A lot of this is from the Share.Blog. They really are paying attention! Even though….what we want the MOST isn’t there.

singularity6 said:

April 21st, 5:23 pm

Seems like a nice idea. Some things I’m waiting for though:

a) Bring back “Other OS”
b) Youtube is totally jacked up
c) Flash 10 support (which might fix youtube.)

Enforcer_X said:

April 21st, 5:23 pm

Where is the auto syncing? Does the firmware team read the blog share it’s only the 3rd most voted feature request. Thanks for the update as usual though.

sonicboomspeed said:

April 21st, 5:23 pm

Dats a sweet update…Is it possible that we can get the cross game chat added to the playstation?! just wondering…

T3mpr1x said:

April 21st, 5:23 pm

Good to see! I didn’t like it sorted just by last game played. Deleting games with 0 trophies would be nice, but I don’t really care either way.

Hunter_xx_ said:

April 21st, 5:24 pm

let us delete games with 0% trophies pleaseeee

REDBLACKWHITE5 said:

April 21st, 5:24 pm

yea dont think this makes up for removing the other os feature maybe a lil more sucking up will do

Tr3p1dat10n said:

April 21st, 5:24 pm

THIS BRICKED MY SYSTEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hope there’s some hidden stuff too!

DJskittlz said:

April 21st, 5:24 pm

I was hoping that the would release a trophy patch that would add trophies to all the older PS3 games like Oblivion & Metal Gear Solid 4

Aggie_CEO said:

April 21st, 5:24 pm

This is nice and all, but what about Auto-syncing said trophies?

MiguelAMX said:

April 21st, 5:24 pm

Sounds superb guys keep up the good work :)

guy209 said:

April 21st, 5:25 pm

I want to be able to delete trophies off of my trophy list with 0 percent. Anyways, this is a great update I like a little bit of extra constumization. This update makes me excited that we may be getting more frequent updates

katsuo7171 said:

April 21st, 5:25 pm

[thinks to self]-E3, please huge update at E3. Just wait till then, it might happen–it will happen.[/thought to self]

Also welcome back from your hiding lempel. I noticed you weren’t here for the last post that removed other OS. If you have the guts to make a crappy update please at least have the guts to post it too. OK? :)

Yay decent update! 0% trophies are deletable now? Or does it just sort trophies only? Won’t be getting a 3d Tv anytime soon so don’t care about that atm.

mywhitenoise said:

April 21st, 5:25 pm

The XMB is getting pretty damn good, but I would suggest more sorting options in general. For music, it would be cool to set by Artist, and then separate folders for Albums.
And then the ability to sort downloaded games however you want. For instance, I would like to have a certain game near the top, instead of the middle.

Another cool feature would be more customization, like FREE avatars, and more colors for the silk and background. I would LOVE red silk with a black background.

ILOVEPLASTATION3 said:

April 21st, 5:26 pm

Youtube does work. Just use the tv version. ;)

Mooshywooshy said:

April 21st, 5:26 pm

I’m confused why we were asked our opinions on what we want to see in future updates if they’re not going to be used.

I’d rather be spoonfed garbage blindfolded than given false hopes of getting a steak dinner.

xeno3d said:

April 21st, 5:26 pm

Please add more sorting options for games

Trixzter7 said:

April 21st, 5:27 pm

I don’t really like to complain or anything but can there please be a way to get rid of a game that you 0% trophies in? That Street Fighter IV was really to hard for me ^_^

Brapp347 said:

April 21st, 6:23 pm

We need to be able to delete trophies. Especially when i occasionally rent games…

ADR143 said:

April 21st, 6:26 pm

decent update but can u guys update flash on youtube?

AngleofDeath696 said:

April 21st, 6:26 pm

Still waiting for MKV support.

CeroDouble said:

April 21st, 6:26 pm

This update is kind of pointless, but I guess is alright if it gets my ps3 ready for 3d, My only guess in why this update bring so little is because they are holding the updates that we really want for e3.

Jocis said:

April 21st, 6:28 pm

@ everyone that is arguing about you tube. you tube are having some changes, even in my computer it doesn’t work most of the times. You don’t know maybe the PS3 browser will come equipped with HTML5 that could work better than flash

VixDiesel said:

April 21st, 6:29 pm

So this prep for new features better be fore cross game chat.

drdre74 said:

April 21st, 6:32 pm

Another waste of a update besides the 3D but how many normal people are going to be buying 3Ds anytime soon? What was the purpose of the blog share site if you’re not going to use it? I mean trophy enhancements? What the hell? Thats a update thats so far down the radar its worthless. Just come out and say there will be no cross voice chat, no browser updates… the major stuff that people want.

Destiny89 said:

April 21st, 6:33 pm

I wouldn’t mind seeing that the ability to delete trophies with 0%.. anwyays awesome work guys

BiezulbubBill69 said:

April 21st, 6:33 pm

still no cross game voice chat??? wtf??

Sponge-worthy said:

April 21st, 6:34 pm

So, which feature(s) is/are being neutered with this one?

Seriously, a competent browser is long past due.

SHINSPIKES said:

April 21st, 6:35 pm

Theres so many people here that are praising this update. I don’t think they realize they have to go buy a brand new tv to use this update. The trophy thing is cooh but not needed. Seems like the blog share is pointless. I don’t think sony even reads it, more like a way to keep us preoccupied. Again, its a good update, but I’m pretty sure that the millions of ps3 owners could have waited 5 years or more for this. Majority of these owners still don’t have a hd tv or high speed internet. Therefore, we could have gotten something else that was more useful in this update, like stuff we want. Whos the genius that suggested categories for trophies?

Link01 said:

April 21st, 6:36 pm

I like this, hoping for the rest of the update at E3 though ;)

wolf6950 said:

April 21st, 6:36 pm

Yes, can we please get a browser update? flash and everything on it is too outdated.

sam_i_jam said:

April 21st, 6:37 pm

Awesome. I was just thinking about the need for this type of feature. Looking forward to checking it out.

zombie_56 said:

April 21st, 6:37 pm

cool

LordCrosis said:

April 21st, 6:37 pm

MKV support? Please?

SHINSPIKES said:

April 21st, 6:37 pm

I’m starting to think that the Cell processor isn’t much of a processor. It probably can’t do cross game chat. Oh well, time to go play on my Intel Quad core.

Sindred said:

April 21st, 6:38 pm

Just bought a 3D TV so I’m stoked about this. This isn’t the actual 3D update right? Will my 3D Blurays work on the PS3 now?

adolson said:

April 21st, 6:39 pm

YouTube and Facebook and Twitter are the main sites I use on the PS3 browser. Two outta three are pretty broken right now, and Twitter has major issues when trying to search or view replies.

You took away the only other way to browse the web on the PS3 in the last update. PLEASE fix the browser problems in the next update.

ynp7 said:

April 21st, 6:39 pm

So what’s the over/under on party chat this year?

jkry_2_1_ said:

April 21st, 6:40 pm

nice but it seems every update takes away one feature and thats it or it adds a feature and thats it.

Hambone721 said:

April 21st, 6:40 pm

Worthless trophy enhancements? Really Sony? Christ almighty. Still waiting on some REAL firmware updates. Like, gee, I don’t know, CROSS GAME CHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Kaienta said:

April 21st, 6:40 pm

Thanks for the update Sony, I love how the PSN is getting better as we go. I would like to touch base about a possible ‘Internet Browser’ update in the future. I had my PSP for a long time and I see that the PS3 uses a similar browser with not to many functions or website accessibility. I would like to see a new browser that is easier to use that also takes full advantage to current Flash feature available in the Adobe Flash Player 10 provide for website functionality.

Also the launch of the PSN Video section for Canadian user is long over due, we deserve some love for video content which you offer to US clients. I know its coming but can we get an update please.

Also the functionality for the PS3 Headset via USB or Bluetooth is not too clear and the feedback distortion from other players makes using the voice chat feature less attractive. Can the clarity and functions of this feature get improved please.

GuttermouthSIN said:

April 21st, 6:42 pm

Any chance you could let Raptr track our games and Trophies anytime soon?

robertmc8 said:

April 21st, 6:42 pm

How about Group game content for Priority you play the most games? We need that updated? It be nice Like Super Star Dust HD instead of that be bottom of the list should be near the top. I want option most games play be on top instead of scrolling down to last game of the list.

CSZ02 said:

April 21st, 6:42 pm

“I still hate you guys! I downloaded the super stardust HD demo and now that game is in my trophy list with 0% trophies! Implement a method to delete games from the trphy list with 0% trophies. My whole list is a mess due to this!!”

This. I want that stardust trophy list out of my trophy library, it’s really annoying since I havn’t purchased the game, only played the demo. It’s annoying seeing it always @ 0%, please do something about it, I’m sure it’s not hard to fix.

johnson7813 said:

April 21st, 6:42 pm

i’m glad they finally added the support to sort the trophies by date. all we need now is the ability to view friends’ trophy information without having to go to their profile, and cross game chat. they should focus more on adding cool and useful new features instead of focusing on HOME, because honestly HOME kinda sucks.

gekko1986 said:

April 21st, 6:43 pm

Please add the ability to disable trophy notifications. They are very annoying when playing and having an on/off option would be great. Also being able to delete trophy data with 0% would be nice. I have WipeoutHD trophy data just from playing the demo.

S-E-G said:

April 21st, 6:43 pm

‘Let us know your thoughts and as always, we look forward to your feedback.’ lol ok right!!!

now i’m getting the 10 year life cycle bit
it’s gonna take them that long to give us what we’ve been asking for way to long now, please give some fresh minds a crack at the firmware updates, it’s really going nowhere.

BlingOnMyWrist said:

April 21st, 6:43 pm

It needs ‘prepping’ for another update? Why not just add the ‘prep’ in the update that brings 3D?

I’m really just pissed that I have 10GB of space that I can’t use. And I can’t just format because I’ll lose my Killzone 2 campaign data. I don’t know who makes the decisions with everything, but it seems to me like its all different people who don’t communicate with each other. And especially not with the consumer. Everything is just about f***ing money now. Just gimmicks for a quick buck. I mean, I don’t mind if a company makes trillions of dollars. I just wish they’d make their money from giving consumers what they really want.

BlindMango said:

April 21st, 6:43 pm

nice, but I really hope to see auto-syncing soon too.

jimfear said: