Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Apr 22

Apr 22

Watch Major League Baseball on PS3! MLB.TV App Live Today

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

Hi Everyone – I’m excited to show everyone the new MLB.TV application for the PS3 that will be available from PlayStation Network, in both U.S. and Canada, later today. This app allows MLB.TV subscribers to watch every regular season game live in HD (local blackout restrictions do apply), with tons of new interactive features designed exclusively for PSN.

Some of the unique interactive features that we show in the demo include:

• MLB Scoreboard – See a schedule of today’s games (and set options to control whether or not you see the scores)
  • Home and Away Feeds – Choose to watch either the home or away broadcast feed
  • HD quality video and DVR functionality – watch a live game in HD (with Live Game DVR functionality that lets you pause and rewind live games of fast-forward back to live game action)
  • Season Archive – Want to re-live a great moment? Go back and watch games you’ve missed from earlier in the season.
  • Scrollable Linescore – Go directly to any half-inning to watch only that portion of the game.
  • Favorite Teams/Calendar Schedule – Scroll through the entire 2010 Major League Baseball schedule in calendar format or designate your favorite team(s) to see the schedule for that team.

You can now download the app from the “Media” category on PlayStation Store, and launch it from the Video section of the XMB.

You must be an MLB.TV subscriber to fully utilize this app (some features, such as the calendar schedule, are available to everyone for free). There are two annual packages: MLB.TV is $99.95 and MLB.TV Premium is $119.95. If you aren’t already a MLB.TV subscriber, you can go to ps3.com/mlbtv to sign up. Once you’ve subscribed, link your MLB.TV subscription to a PS3 (via the app), and enjoy the season!

This is truly the ultimate baseball viewing experience from MLB.TV and PlayStation Network. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

McNugget3000 said:

April 22nd, 3:42 pm

It’s up now. Works great! Better than on my old computer.

thatjenkinboi said:

April 22nd, 3:47 pm

Some of you people should read, it says its in the US and in Canada.

fane1024 said:

April 22nd, 4:00 pm

Thank you so much.

I just tried the widget and it works so much better than MLB.com does on the PS3 browser.

I may have to subscribe to MLB.tv now.

I also would like to see more apps/widgets like this in the future.

McNugget3000 said:

April 22nd, 4:09 pm

If you have an US PSN-account you can download it from anywhere.

llsall said:

April 22nd, 4:10 pm

When linking your account, will you only be able to link it to a single console? Or can you use mlb.tv for ps3 on multiple consoles once the account is activated for use on the application?

blumi11 said:

April 22nd, 4:24 pm

Well, it works!

I’m in Germany and actually using my German PSN-Account (downloaded it with an US-Account though)…

But, are u sure that it really is HD? Doesn’t look like it.

iComet said:

April 22nd, 4:31 pm

I’m just dreaming about the announcement of NBA.tv support for the 2010-11 season at E3…
Seeing Chris Paul or a big star on stage… man

I know Sony isn’t very big on celebrities, but that would be huge! Kevin Butler is a must, though!

Make it happen, Sony!
make.believe ;D

Uncle_Argyle said:

April 22nd, 4:34 pm

That is not HD. This is disappointing, but at least the app was free. I already had the MLB.TV subscription so I didn’t have to shell out any more $$. If the video quality were to improve this would be one the greatest PS3 capabilities yet. I will continue to watch games on my laptop in HD. Not sure why it looks so bad. (The games look like YouTube videos) I’m sure my PS3 has more under the hood than my laptop. It certainly isn’t the HD quality video they’ve been touting. Oh well.

T3mpr1x said:

April 22nd, 4:34 pm

Hmm, cool. I’m not enough of a baseball fanatic to subscribe to MLB.TV, though The Show has definitely made be a fan of the sport.

mrro82 said:

April 22nd, 4:45 pm

I can’t even get it to work. Keeps giving me an error message when I click on a game no matter which one it is.

iComet said:

April 22nd, 4:46 pm

@Uncle_Argyle
It should be in HD. Keep in mind that you’re watching a video demo from Viddler. You should’ve noticed from the beginning, that everything in the video is badly pixelated.
I don’t think Sony or MLB.tv would lie about the HD streaming… especially with $100 yearly subscriptions.

Fnord said:

April 22nd, 4:50 pm

Went to show the video to my roommate (a big Sox fan) and it “isn’t supported” on the PS3 browser. Really?

Bioman20 said:

April 22nd, 4:54 pm

How about an NHL app?

Darx said:

April 22nd, 4:59 pm

Great functionality and interface. However games are not coming over in HD for me and I’m getting a small border around the screen.

Train1999 said:

April 22nd, 4:59 pm

This by far is the best app on PS3. However I can now watch baseball on my IPhone,PC and now Playstation 3. This is so cool. Now I can really say. That I “Live for This”

Thanks Grace,
PS3 Rules

wingnut57 said:

April 22nd, 5:30 pm

For those asking if you can link more than 1 PS3 the answer is YES!! I just linked both my PS3’s and they work fine. I would like to know the true resolution of these feeds, my guess is 480P dvd quality at best, but they are very good, some pixelation, but it is much better than the NEXDEF crap that is on my PC that constantly drops out and freezes. The streams are very stable!! Thank you PS3 this was a nice surprise!! Now get working on that NFL Sunday Ticket contract!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wingnut57 said:

April 22nd, 5:39 pm

Also, I can still log in on MLB.com on my pc and watch other games even though MY PS3 is running in the other room. Interesting!!

Uncle_Argyle said:

April 22nd, 5:42 pm

@iComet
I’m not watching any demo. I installed the MLB.TV app on my PS3 then I started it up and linked it to my MLB.com account. It’s not HD. I’ve got the same game up on my laptop and my PS3 for comparison and not only is it not in HD, the PS3 feed is about 2 minutes behind the regular MLB.TV feed. This is such a great idea. I hope they improve it.

NeoGrayFox said:

April 22nd, 6:12 pm

so the quality isn’t HD yet? just curious, i’m thinking of purchasing this solely for use on my ps3, but not if the quality isn’t HD.

k3yerout said:

April 22nd, 7:16 pm

Up and running now. Watching the Angels and Detroit. Picture is HD and I am pleased thus far. Only first inning of the experiment, but so far so good! Now if only my Angels were winning… :(

wingnut57 said:

April 22nd, 7:39 pm

Watching the Angels feed right now and it looks damn good but no way its 720p. Somewhere between 480i and 720p.

mayo862004 said:

April 22nd, 7:42 pm

Mine appeared to run at about 720p completely stable for the entire cubs/mets game. I do run about 18 mbs download speed so I’m not sure if that matters

Fabolous1earth said:

April 22nd, 8:48 pm

YEah I wish you guys could do the same for the FIFA world Cup coming up please i would pay no matter how much

BURIBLAZINGX said:

April 22nd, 8:53 pm

This is awesome now bring on nba league pass and espn 3

Sakimori_X said:

April 22nd, 10:16 pm

I’ll second the comments that we’d really like something like this for the upcoming World Cup, if at all possible. PRETTY PLEASE?

Hopefully more and more content providers will run with this idea.

Chippendale666 said:

April 22nd, 10:46 pm

I like the idea even though i totally dont like baseball but does this mean that other sports will be available? World cup is coming up!

PS. UFC is considered a sport. hint hint ;)

justdueck said:

April 22nd, 10:51 pm

I would like to see something like NFL Sunday Ticket and NHL Center Ice next, what are the chances? i will cancel my cable subscription if Sony makes all the sports available.

Vabor said:

April 22nd, 10:52 pm

I can die a happy man. I heart you PlayStation.

Worm- said:

April 22nd, 10:57 pm

I really hope you somehow get the NFL on board, this [DELETED] directv all access package is [DELETED]! I don’t have satelite and don’t plan on buying it just for an NFL package

ThreeFourSeven said:

April 22nd, 11:18 pm

I’m actually impressed. I’m not into baseball all that much but the fact there is going to be Apps for the PS3. A Facebook app??

PBT2009 said:

April 23rd, 3:25 am

As a huge baseball fan and someone who has MLB.tv this is the best news I heard.. My Playon expire, and sitting watching the game on the laptop was getting old.

herringtoni said:

April 23rd, 4:04 am

I’m one very upset fully paying customer of mlb.tv from the UK and have been for a few years now. I pay the same price as the US and Canada users so why should my address make any difference to Sony???

I’ll also point out that none of the mac/pc/iphone/ipad versions are limited by location!!!

canadianstryker said:

April 23rd, 6:44 am

NHL next please… If Sony did this for NHL I would gladly pay 200 or even 300$ a year for all games.

canadianstryker said:

April 23rd, 6:45 am

@180 – Sony Computer Entertainment America (SCEA) made this, [DELETED] at Sony Computer Entertainment Europe (SCEE) for not making this app on the Europe PS3’s as well.

trinidadhammer said:

April 23rd, 8:10 am

now we need an app for soccer

UFGatorsFan said:

April 23rd, 8:14 am

Works well but WHY do you have the scores from the previous day when you go into the calendar? It kind of defeats the purpose of watching the game. I think that this is an mlb.tv issue because it also happens on Boxee. Other than that, tried the service last night, and it works great. Much better than the awful player that MLB.TV offers.

mkd2018 said:

April 23rd, 8:44 am

Has anyone noticed that the audio is out of sync, not too bad but it makes a difference for watching live sports. You hear what is going to happen before it does. I notice the sound of a bat hitting the ball or the ball hitting the glove before you actually see it happen.

Sponge-worthy said:

April 23rd, 9:18 am

I love the concept, not loving MLB.

NHL on the other hand… :)

NoobianGod said:

April 23rd, 9:28 am

Wow. That was a Homerun Sony! Pun intended.

Keep the apps coming. More of this. Lots more of this.

In fact I’ll throw my recommendation to repeat this kind of app, but with Hulu.

Xanthene said:

April 23rd, 9:46 am

Thank You! Watching through playon was horrible quality.

Exodus_Lang said:

April 23rd, 10:55 am

This is great, though I wish I could still get Brewers games here in Milwaukee. Is there going to be any kind of free trial so we can see how we like this?

ChaseHammerJ said:

April 23rd, 12:00 pm

NFL channels next please.

PBT2009 said:

April 23rd, 1:07 pm

Sony needs now needs a patch for MLB The Show so I can play MLB The Show and listen to live game audio.. PLEASE SONY MAKE THIS HAPPEN…

agood said:

April 23rd, 1:18 pm

Awesome app, and awesome idea! PS3 needs more apps. Get on it Sony!!!

agood said:

April 23rd, 1:21 pm

@UFGatorsFan
You have the option to turn off the scores so there are no spoilers.

jfdestroy said:

April 23rd, 2:25 pm

Ya thats sick but in canada we have a freaking download limit ….so i guess i would go over my download limit per month if i watch 1 game … ? NO ?

fibon11235 said:

April 23rd, 3:06 pm

I am current subscriber to MLB T.V. but I do not own a PS3 ( I do own a Sony Bravia HD TV). This would do incentivize me to buy a PS3. Will my current MLBT.V. subscription work or do I need to buy a supplemental one?

lordbah said:

April 23rd, 3:24 pm

Purchased MLB.TV on the PS3 and at the end got a certificate warning: CN of server certificate does not match host name. Issued To: CN=www.qksrv.net, whoever they might be, O=ValueClick. Did anyone else purchase via PS3 and see the same? Or are there hackers at work?

lordbah said:

April 23rd, 3:30 pm

Ugh! Video quality is horrible! I certainly hope they can improve it.

mca55ell said:

April 23rd, 3:32 pm

How do I get the “code” to activate my PS3 account with MLB.TV. I was already a subscriber to MLB.TV.