PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Apr 26

Apr 26

Sneak Peek: The Art of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves

Mick Perona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Like UNCHARTED

As you may have seen on NaughtyDog.com, the developers of the 2009 smash hit UNCHARTED 2 have released details around the upcoming art book, The Art of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves from Ballistic Publishing.

AoU2_three_editions

As described in Naughty Dog’s post, the Limited Folio edition is available in only 200 printed copies, but includes elite extra details beyond the standard paperback and the leather-bound Special Edition. The Limited Folio Edition of the art book is bound in black suede leather with gold-embossed cover art, and a matching hand-crafted, black suede leather-bound presentation case with a ribbon. Also included is a certificate of authenticity that have been individually numbered and hand signed by Evan, Amy, Robh and Erick. Each book is 272 pages and contains over 180 pages of concept art, and over 80 pages of production art and character models.

sham-wide-render-wire

drake-pose_upsize chloe-final-design

All three editions will be available this month and can still be pre-ordered NOW at Ballistic Publishing.

We gave Greg Miller at IGN a few of the first copies to show off and the result can be found here. For an in-depth sneak peek at the art in the book, as well as an in-depth look at each of the three print editions, visit the Ballistic Publishing site for an interactive book tour.

incentive1

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Draicus said:

April 26th, 4:42 pm

Ooooh, pretty. Think I might pre-order.

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

April 26th, 4:54 pm

Gotta move fast if you want to snag one of those Folio editions! Only 200 of those babies!

Nintendo451 said:

April 26th, 4:44 pm

Any chances that you’ll give it away through multiplayer, like the Special Edition of the game?

tearsofash said:

April 26th, 4:44 pm

Looks pretty cool, I think I’ll pre-order! Hope I’m one of the first 300!

INFIDEL_JIHAD said:

April 26th, 4:44 pm

Can’t wait for UC3, hoping for a deeper multiplay & customized weapon loadouts on the next one

blindrocket said:

April 26th, 4:46 pm

Looks amazingly nice. How about a contest to win one of the nice editions? :-D

Midgetguy said:

April 26th, 4:46 pm

This looks REALLY cool!

Unfortunately, I’m a bit low on cash at the moment… but that “elite” edition with the signed certificate is pretty awesome!

fadecy said:

April 26th, 4:57 pm

lordofdarkness85 said:

April 26th, 5:16 pm

Just for US? What about in UK?

phantomballa said:

April 26th, 5:19 pm

will i cost quit a bit??

poweredbyzen said:

April 26th, 5:19 pm

all the good numbers are taken – sigh. :\

Jetup said:

April 26th, 5:20 pm

Me want that art boo

Link01 said:

April 26th, 5:26 pm

* sigh *… it’s too much money for my budget * I want that 3D tv *. >.< and I'm probably one of the biggest Uncharted fans you'll find.

poweredbyzen said:

April 26th, 5:27 pm

i’m saving for the metal gear bundle in june. i’ll just hold on to my copy of uncharted: drake’s fortune in original cover and shrink-wrapped, though i know this volume will be a real collector’s piece in the future.

fadecy said:

April 26th, 5:29 pm

God this blog sucks. At least you get a reply on the EU blog if you ask a decent question.

WILLDWILL-BR said:

April 26th, 6:02 pm

I just bought mine!

GameOverGreggy said:

April 26th, 6:10 pm

Greg Miller and IGN are hot.

MLZ911 said:

April 26th, 6:12 pm

any chance of a giveaway on the blog?

xaos said:

April 26th, 6:14 pm

I managed to say “No” the first time you guys offered but dang it, now I just ordered one of the folio editions

Gibeon_da_Soulja said:

April 26th, 6:22 pm

oooooh I want one of these. Are these limited other than the limited editions? Maybe im confused.

MGO_Count said:

April 26th, 6:38 pm

I NEED THIS. This is the job I’ve always wanted.! Background designing. And the one who made Uncharted 2’s background is my inspiration !!!

MGO_Count said:

April 26th, 6:41 pm

But 300$ =_=;; :(

Rated-G said:

April 26th, 6:42 pm

Proud owner of Folio Edition #16! I can’t wait for the book to get here, it’s supposed to ship May 3rd.

I love the artwork the folks at Naughty Dog have produced for this game, it’s truly inspiring, and I’d much rather spend my $375 dollars on this book than $345 on textbooks for this semester in art school, I’ll just use the school library for now!

Mosh_Pit said:

April 26th, 6:53 pm

lol only U.S……..

Korbei83 said:

April 26th, 7:07 pm

I want a sneak peak at Uncharted 3. I’m suffering from Drake withdrawals over here.

monterja said:

April 26th, 7:12 pm

FIX THIS GD BROWSER THIS CONSOLE IS NOT A COMMODORE 64. PLEASE JOIN THE 21ST CENTURY & THE REST OF THE WORLD!!!!!!
It would have been nice to watch the video from IGN.

CDubyahS said:

April 26th, 7:19 pm

U3? Im still playing Drake’s fortune on CRUSHING! lol!

retro25 said:

April 26th, 8:30 pm

Can’t wait for that book to come out. ^-^

nerdmanwhippy said:

April 26th, 8:46 pm

I was super excited until I seen the $300 price tag. Even the 65$ is too much for me, it would have to be metal gear related or blizzard related for me be to pay that much.

COMBATCSOLDIER said:

April 26th, 9:34 pm

This looks beautiful and awsome rolled into one. Cant wait to see who gets a copy.

THE-D1RTY-77 said:

April 26th, 10:18 pm

wow, all other art books i usually get from games are nothing…

its like comparing pamphlets to novels when looking at this

Balthaser said:

April 26th, 10:44 pm

After 5 minutes I read this post, there’s a new hole of $300+ in my bank account~~~

Just can’t help it.

Invert_Time_Rift said:

April 26th, 10:52 pm

Pretty sweet, except for the price that is…..

AlcesAlces said:

April 26th, 10:59 pm

“Are there any plans to release this in the UK, via Amazon UK or something? I would love to own this.”

We’re a global publishing company – we’ll ship nearly anywhere on the planet :)

The limited editions all come out of Australia as it happens :)

Balthaser said:

April 26th, 10:59 pm

@Invert_Time_Rift,

Well, I can only say I’m glad the monthly pay day is around the corner

Andrefpvs said:

April 27th, 12:36 am

May I have this in Europe? I’ll buy.

angelspawn77 said:

April 27th, 1:00 am

damn I would LOVE to have that in my possession and put it next to my GOW3 ultimate edition guide and art book that came with the ultimate edition box, I never managed to win a fortune hunter edition and this would have made up for that, but the price is a bit steep so ill have to pass due to money issues :(

Marcellino said:

April 27th, 4:58 am

THREE-HUNDRED DOLLARS? Holy crap! Are the pages printed on SOLID GOLD?

VenomUK said:

April 27th, 8:52 am

ONLY 200 copies and many people will be disappointed.Why not also do a budget release for the masses?

Any UK/EU release plans?

roseofmayix said:

April 27th, 8:58 am

Holy over priced artbook! I thought ArenaNet’s Guild Wars 2 $30 artbook was overpriced, but this is just ridiculous!

Alex_Assassin_08 said:

April 27th, 9:12 am

waiting for this to come out in the UK :)

got the Uncharted 2 special edition so this would compliment it perfectly :)

Cyris said:

April 27th, 9:23 am

I was going to get the Folio edition, but I can’t afford it now that I’ve seen that it costs $76 to ship.

ken_kimura said:

April 27th, 9:30 am

Amazon has a more reasonable price, $41 for the softcover instead of $65.

Tridon said:

April 27th, 10:21 am

Well, I was going to buy the Limited Folio Edition (even though I personally think no book, no matter how pretty it is, is worth $300) until I was met with the disturbing news that it’d cost an additional $95 to ship here to Canada. I mean, it’s not even like it has to go overseas. On top of that, it can only be shipped by Fed-Ex who also bill the customer a seperate shipping bill at a later date (usually $10-$15). So, in the end, as much as I wanted the Limited Edition, I’ve come to the conclusion that there’s no way I’m spending one month’s rent on a book. Come on… it’d be near $450 Canadian when it’s all said and done. That’s ridiculous.

napkin said:

April 27th, 10:22 am

Just got the softcover one. Uncharted 2 is one of my favorite games of all time and I love these kinds of artbooks that come with the games.

300$ for that last one is crazy though, you could get a PS3 for that much jesus.

ShaoranLi said:

April 27th, 11:08 am

Too bad don’t have the money for the limited 200. I’m just gonna go for the slick timeless special edition cover one.

Rated-G said:

April 27th, 11:13 am

Actually Tridon, it IS shipping overseas. From South Austrailia. And, if you’re going to put 300 dollars down on a book that’s going to ship overseas, you’re definitely going to want to get it shipped the best way possible. Ballistic takes out the lower options for their pricier books to make sure they don’t get any complaints when the books arrive.

Also, someone said they thought $30 was overpriced for an art book, seriously? Maybe for one of those little 48-96 page books that typically comes with a special edition of a video game, but for a full sized portfolio grade professional art book $40-$70 is about average. The folio edition is likely for a serious collector or art enthusiast, the person who likely spent more time in the game staring at the detail in the textures on a rock than shooting at enemies.

Yeah, you could get a PS3 for that amount of money, but some people, love this kind of stuff. As I said earlier, I’d rather spend $300 dollars on a book I actually want and will continue to enjoy for years, than on a textbook that I’m going to use about 70 pages of during a semester of school and then never use again.

Chrisius said:

April 27th, 12:07 pm

Okay, somebody has to get me that Chloe art Elena-fied. PLEASE!

AceBeeDee said:

April 27th, 12:53 pm

neat book…u should offer a digital version on PSN. you know, for those who just want to have a looksee. 5-10 bucks, what the hey, right?

Tridon said:

April 27th, 1:45 pm

@ Rated-G

Yes, I know they ship overseas. I was saying that $95 to ship to Canada when it’s not even overseas was ridiculous. I could see it being that much to go to Europe, Australia, etc., but to just go across the US/Canada border, you don’t think $95 is insane?

ErwinR55 said:

April 27th, 1:48 pm

I was one of the first who bought the Folio AND special edition :D

Looking foreward to receive these. I really really liked the ODDWORLD First 10 years book.

( I even own the limited editions, special folio and hard cover versions of the Oddworld edition)

One advise to all: BUY VELVET GLOVES, because the paper is very gready with finger prints! And you don’t want your big dollar books to be smudged with finger prints in them!

PAGE 1 2