Knack 2

May 11

May 11

Castle Crashers PSN Update: New Features

Kelly Revak's Avatar Posted by Mayor of Behemothtown, The Behemoth

Hello PlayStation.Blog! I’m Kelly Revak from The Behemoth. We’re thrilled to be back on the PlayStation.Blog to give you another update about Castle Crashers for PSN!

First of all, we are happy to report that we have finished our internal testing, and have sent the title off to a third-party agent for some final testing before we submit it to the PlayStation Store. While we still don’t want to guess at a release date, we are definitely in the final stages of this adventure. Meanwhile, we wanted to tell you about another neat new feature.

Castle Crashers for PS3Castle Crashers for PS3

We have always had more ideas for Castle Crashers than we’ve had time to implement. So since we’ve had to rewrite the code for the game anyway as we bring it to PS3, we’ve been able to add some features that have been lingering in the backs of our minds since this whole thing started. Here is an example:

Player Arena matches will now allow you to choose teams! You can play 2-on-2 or take on the world with 1-v-3. Of course, you can still do free-for-all as well. Sharing a sweet, sweet victory with your friend is like eating a delicious cake in front of your other friends while they cry. It’s like their pride is inside the cake that you are devouring, and your teammate is your stomach helping to digest that pride. And there can only be one mouth and one stomach to eat it with, so the other mouths and stomachs have to watch even though mouths and stomachs don’t have eyes. Take that, eyeless teeth and stomachs.

Speaking of digestion…please do us a favor by tasting these screenshots and watch our QA ninjas team up to beat the tar out of each other. <3 Kelly.

Castle Crashers for PS3

Castle Crashers for PS3 Castle Crashers for PS3

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Blkant said:

May 11th, 12:05 pm

Will there be a demo?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

Kelly Revak said:

May 11th, 12:43 pm

Yes, there will be a trial version of Castle Crashers on PSN! The trial will not include Arena mode however, you’ll have to get the full version to check that out! :D

kelly

KwietStorm said:

May 11th, 12:06 pm

Been waiting for so long. Can’t wait for release.

depward said:

May 11th, 12:07 pm

Love CC on the 360 – will be double-dipping for the PSN release. Thanks for adding additional features for the PSN release!

Sindred said:

May 11th, 12:12 pm

Thanks for bringing this over. With Halos and Gears of Many Wars, CC is definitely still one of my favorite games on the 360, despite all the fancy special effects of the former. I’ll gladly double dip on this to play with some of my PS3 friends.

V_Ben said:

May 11th, 12:17 pm

Its almost here! I can’t wait! :-D

h4l0fw1nt3r said:

May 11th, 12:21 pm

Awesome, can’t wait!

sdmf4ever said:

May 11th, 12:21 pm

THIS…….IS……..GONNA……..BE……..AWESOME!!! Played through the 360 version too many times to count and unlocked everything within he entire game; and can you believe it, I had a fantastic time doing it…..cannot wait to do it once again on the PS3….

EZpickens said:

May 11th, 12:23 pm

I’m really looking forward to this game. Here’s hoping it’s $9.99 not $14.99.

Capt-Fury- said:

May 11th, 12:24 pm

hey Kelly! it would be nice If you submit some CC PSN avatars to go along with the release. I remember you releasing some gamer pics along with the other version.

djchayan said:

May 11th, 12:24 pm

Woot!! cant Wait!!

BiezulbubBill69 said:

May 11th, 12:25 pm

How much is this game gonna cost? It looks awesome I’m definitely buying it! I’ve never played it before.

Kelly Revak's Avatar

Kelly Revak said:

May 11th, 12:51 pm

We’re still working out all the details but we’ll definately announce this as soon as we know. We hope you enjoy the game! :D

plaztiksyke said:

May 11th, 12:25 pm

Can’t wait for this! Now we just need Space Giraffe, Wallace & Gromit’s Grand Adventures, and/or Geometry Wars from XBLA!

Couple of questions:
1. will it play in 1080p native?

2. will the audio be 24-bit and/or losslessly compressed like Critter Crunch and Braid?

3. We love local co-op! Will the online co-op/versus have voice chat support?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

Kelly Revak said:

May 11th, 1:26 pm

1. yes
    2. no, i believe we have standard audio, but it sounds great!
    3. yes, voice chat is supported.
    4. Behemoth loves you.

Thrasher20 said:

May 11th, 12:26 pm

Thanks guys for not forgetting about us!!! <3

UNIT-TRB said:

May 11th, 12:26 pm

yipeee!!!

DeathGazer said:

May 11th, 12:28 pm

That looks fantastic. Thank you for not giving us a straight port :)

BRIT-KO said:

May 11th, 12:28 pm

Another port from the XBOX I don’t want, oh goodie!

Stuffgamer1 said:

May 11th, 12:29 pm

I loved this game on Xbox 360, but never finished it due to controller/Xbox Live issues. I’m definitely planning to get it on PSN so I can play it with my preferred controller, over online that doesn’t steal my money. :D

Also, I second the request for PSN avatars. Blue Knight FTW!

el_Quinto said:

May 11th, 12:29 pm

Please do Alien Hominid HD too. It was my favorite

Jeeves_Tremor said:

May 11th, 12:30 pm

I’ve been loving your guys’ stuff since Alien Hominid, even when it just a flash game on NG. Cannot wait for CC to make the jump.

I want to see what Paladin’s art looks like in glorious HD!

Kelly Revak's Avatar

Kelly Revak said:

May 11th, 12:52 pm

thanks for your support!

and trust me, it looks AMAZING!

firstworldman said:

May 11th, 12:30 pm

I bought a 360 just to have this game. What’s in this version that will make someone like me who already owns the 360 version buy it for the PS3?

Is it worth the double-dip?

Kelly Revak's Avatar

Kelly Revak said:

May 11th, 12:58 pm

“I bought a 360 just to have this game” wow! that is a huge compliment!

since we’ve been recoding everything anyway, we’ve taken this as an opportunity to make the game even more polished. we’ve also added the new Volleyball game mode, things like Team Arena mentioned in this post, and a few other surprised we’ll tell you about soon! OoOOoo, mystery!! ;)

we hope you get a chance to try it out on PSN and are happy with the results of our efforts.

imajinetion said:

May 11th, 12:32 pm

Please tell me this will come to Euro PSN at the same time.

Kelly Revak's Avatar

Kelly Revak said:

May 11th, 1:01 pm

I can’t personally speak to the timing of releases as that gets sorted out by people with much fancier job titles than me. But I CAN tell you it is definitely coming to Euro PSN. We’ll announce any release date(s?) as we get them!

Ashenshugura said:

May 11th, 12:33 pm

Yay! Can’t wait!

Btw, thanks for letting us view the vid on the ps3 browser.

LegendSoldierX said:

May 11th, 12:34 pm

Sounds awesome!

codename_W said:

May 11th, 12:35 pm

Youve got to be kidding me, still no release date ?

angelspawn77 said:

May 11th, 12:35 pm

@ firstworldman, you didnt read what they wrote did you? or watch the video? They have included new things. I suggest you read and watch the vid.

Caudill said:

May 11th, 12:35 pm

RELEASE THE GAME!!!!!!!!!!!

Zezzler said:

May 11th, 12:38 pm

Awesome Stuff guys, thanks for the port!

angelspawn77 said:

May 11th, 12:38 pm

Im definitely getting this game, I played it at a friends house and it was really fun with friends, the new modes look awesome, I really hope this releases soon. Im glad you guys added new things to add extra incentive for us to buy it, thats how to sell a game to a new platform, I recall Braid not long ago was priced at 15$ when it was a year old game with nothing new, with new content im sure more people would have bought it.

jakinov said:

May 11th, 12:38 pm

Make sure you make it so second player,third and fourth player can login to their own save profiles, collect trophies instead of just the first player getting everything.

Sindred said:

May 11th, 12:38 pm

An RPG with your art style would be KILLER!

DZORMAGEN said:

May 11th, 12:38 pm

This looks so great!!

BigBoss712 said:

May 11th, 12:41 pm

Really looking forward to this game, all the new features look great, can’t wait! thanks for the update.

ZeroSection said:

May 11th, 12:42 pm

This game looks pretty clean. I get a River City Ransom kinda feel from it and that’s not a bad thing at all. Hope its reasonably priced cause I’m broke.

StarFoxMania said:

May 11th, 12:45 pm

@26. Patience child. Testing is only good and can never be excessive. They said they are testing. There are way too many games around that are so broken that the end result is laughable and they are coming from big names. I’m looking at you Ubisoft; Far Cry 2 was and is a disaster that still begs for a patch of biblical proportions. Lots of ppl complained about Assassin Creed 2 glitches as well and Prince of Persia, and of course Sumo Digish!t with virtua tennis 2009 and Sonic and sega all star racing with their own “Stop it ubisoft, you’re risking my award for glitchiest game of the year!” attitude.

So, I’m sorry Mr. fellow gamer that whenever I see someone else want to rush developers I see it as a bad thing.

Please keep testing. I can wait forever so long as there are no progress crushing bugs. Better waste your time than waste mine, cause I’m the one paying and you are the one getting paid. Just like Amy Hennig spoke about Uncharted 2: Among Thieves. “Here at Naughty Dog the amount of testing we do is ridiculous. We test test test” (forgive me if I don’t remember the very exact quote).

GooieGreen said:

May 11th, 12:53 pm

There is no reason to have a trial download. You people had 2 years to play this with friends on 360. Just buy it…

CRAIG19C said:

May 11th, 12:58 pm

Yay! Thanks for the update! :)

Draicus said:

May 11th, 1:01 pm

Looks amazingly fun. Can’t wait to download this one!

rogerwilco said:

May 11th, 1:03 pm

I own this on 360. I will own it again on PS3. Supporting The Behemoth and supporting PSN development at the same time – while also getting another copy of an amazing game? Done and done.

PirateThom said:

May 11th, 1:04 pm

I tried the trial on Live, but due to not paying for Gold I felt the multiplayer would be lost in this title…

I will happily buy the game once it makes it to Europe PSN though, it seems a lot of fun with some friends.

zamboni_steve said:

May 11th, 1:05 pm

I check The Behemoth Dev Blog everyday looking for info on this game. I’m obsessed. Haha. I just can’t help it – I’ve been dying to get my hands on this game since it was announced last summer. I love, love, love “old school” style beat ’em ups and this game looks incredible.

If this game were a man, I’d want him inside of me. You know, like Jesus.

gor1llap1mp said:

May 11th, 1:15 pm

So, does this mean we could see future Behemoth projects arrive on PSN at a more timely manner?

KingBroly said:

May 11th, 1:16 pm

Is Alien going to be playable in this version of the game?

HatmanTc said:

May 11th, 1:22 pm

@35 some of us don’t have a 360(nor really fancy owning one). So a trail/demo is a really nice way to get those who haven’t had a chance to play the 360 version an oppertunity to get our hands on the franchise of the 1st time ever.

Ecks said:

May 11th, 1:22 pm

If it’s $9.99 I’ll buy it on release day. If it’s $14.99 I’ll check out the demo then think about it, but probably wait. $9.99 is just the sweet spot for PSN games.

AceBeeDee said:

May 11th, 1:24 pm

i have this game on my 360. my poor neglected 360. so happy its coming to my PS3, my always on “hope it dont burnout one day” PS3.

Martc13 said:

May 11th, 1:25 pm

WHERE IS THE STORE UPDATE Y NEED THE SLIP/SECOND DEMO!

Berae said:

May 11th, 1:27 pm

It looks fun, ill buy it.

Is the campaign mode 4 players coop?

NorthernLitez said:

May 11th, 1:29 pm

Hmmm, I have to pickup this game…thx for the info.

NoobianGod said:

May 11th, 1:29 pm

lol, @ 41 sec that cat freaked me out!!!

Game looks great guys! Thanks for bringing it to the PS3!!!

JumpMan33 said:

May 11th, 1:31 pm

Thanks for bring this to the PS3, I hope for your next game to get a simultaneous release across all platforms!

PAGE 1 2 3