Paragon

May 13

May 13

Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip — Helghast Invade PSP!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar Posted by Producer

Happy Thursday Bloggizens! I don’t know what the weather is like over where you are (sitting/standing/sleeping), but in this part of the world it is as cold-as-sin and overcast to boot. Good thing I have my trusty copy of Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip to magically transport me to evergreen lush landscapes and exotic locations (where the temperature is a constant 82 degrees Fahrenheit).

That’s right, I said Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip.

Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip

I know, I know… you guys are probably already asking yourselves if today is your birthday, what with this bit of great news and all. Do you feel that ray of sunshine beaming down on you yet? I know I do!

So enough teasing, you want to get the when, what and how… so before the PlayStation.Blog (sorry Jeff!) staff goes into conniptions that the launch date is not on the top part of the post — Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip is ready to serve a court-full of fun for PSP systems, and will be shipping to retail stores on Tuesday, June 29, 2010! And it will also be available for purchase on the PlayStation Store on the same day!

There will be plenty of posts coming down the web with further details, but let me share this golden nugget of information: this is an all-new Hot Shots Tennis cast in an all-new tennis adventure of the likes that you’ve never seen before (ever-ever times infinity).

First off, there is the new Story Mode, where you will travel the world spreading tennis love to everyone and anyone you meet. Part of the gameplay will require a certain level of exploration — its like Indiana Jones with a racquet, but with less ophidiophobia and more giant reptile costumes. Yeah, it’s something like that.

Of course there will be items to unlock, this is the heart and soul of Hot Shots, so prepare your senses to manage the cornucopia of costume items, courts, and characters that will be coming your way (more on that later!). Just remember, every challenge will grant you new items to customize your character, and there are bajillions of items to unlock (ok so more like hundreds).

Yes, your Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip adventure will pit you against a variety of different characters. Some big, some powerful, some cunning, and some Helghan.

What the what?

Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip "helghast"

Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip "helghast"

And I leave you with that bit of amazing news and, well, one more thing: keep an eye out for the demo!

Hot Shots Tennis: Get a Grip "helghast"

Add Your Own

David2Crazy said:

May 13th, 9:06 am

Very cool. The story mode sounds Mario Tennis-esque, with the exploration element. Looking forward to this.

jimmyfoxhound said:

May 13th, 9:07 am

Cool! I can’t wait to pick this up. Hot Shots Tennis on the PS2 was a great game!

Huuuze said:

May 13th, 9:08 am

Are these games playable on the PS3? Or is that limited to Minis?

dotCody said:

May 13th, 9:09 am

Yuck…Killzone.

Darkedson said:

May 13th, 9:09 am

a little off topic but this gives me the idea that you guys may want to make a series of hotshot sports games to go with the move controller in the fall i’d buy it, especially if you bundled them with the controllers.

CheckMark said:

May 13th, 9:11 am

@5: Wow, awesome idea!! Hot Shots Golf with Move would be out of this world ;)

David2Crazy said:

May 13th, 9:13 am

I think Hot Shots with the Move controller is a no brainer. Me and my friend have been discussing this. But as a big fan he would still want the button press option.

Maguss said:

May 13th, 9:14 am

Awesome!! I love the Hot Shots series!!!

spatsnaz said:

May 13th, 9:14 am

Love the cute Helghast.

reson8er said:

May 13th, 9:16 am

@dotCody

KILLZONE > you.

depward said:

May 13th, 9:29 am

Very cool, Chris! Big fan of the Hot Shots games… and like tennis games, too. So this is pretty much fantastic news!

ItsNymo said:

May 13th, 9:43 am

Played a round of the game back at the Fat Princess event: A lot of fun!
Enjoyed the PS2 version, and can’t wait to pick up this for the PSP!

JetSetFuture said:

May 13th, 9:45 am

It seems like I’ve been waiting forever for this game. I’m looking forward to the demo.

twooh said:

May 13th, 9:49 am

“I know, I know… you guys are probably already asking yourselves if today is your birthday”

Funny thing is, my birthday is June 29th. :p

I may pick this up. As I love Hot Shots Golf and I love tennis, so this is like a match made in heaven.

badassbr said:

May 13th, 9:56 am

will the game have a “online” mode?

TheTwelve said:

May 13th, 9:57 am

Bought.

krae_man said:

May 13th, 10:01 am

Booooo!

I saw Hot Shots and thought you were announcing Hot Shots Golf 6 :(

Give Us Hot Shots Golf 6 with Mini Golf, More courses, Trophies, Voice chat from the get go etc already guys.

J_CZAR said:

May 13th, 10:03 am

hope they put in kratos, nathan drake, solid snake, ratchet and clack, etc. lol

kivi95 said:

May 13th, 10:27 am

Why is it diffrent names between the Usa Version And the Europe version.Usa has Hot shots Tennis:Get a Grip and in Europe it is called Everybody’s Tennis.

yukiboy23 said:

May 13th, 10:45 am

i just KZ2 yesterday & the next day( 2day ) the helghast are announced in another game strange, cool, but strange lol( i’m also going 2 checkout that demo )

acerazer1 said:

May 13th, 10:46 am

cool man, looks sweet

rmx687 said:

May 13th, 10:48 am

This looks pretty cool!

I’m guessing this cameo is to hype us up for KILLZONE 3 AT E3 BABY!!!

yukiboy23 said:

May 13th, 10:48 am

*i just got*

RGS-14 said:

May 13th, 10:54 am

I was hoping (and still am) for a new PS3 version. The old PS3 version needs improvement.

krae_man said:

May 13th, 11:01 am

Please dont charge the same for the download and the UMD.

JayD-1K said:

May 13th, 11:01 am

nice work Sony! way to inter grade you franchise characters!
JD

Sindred said:

May 13th, 11:12 am

YES! I loved HS Tennis even more than Golf (though Golf is still fun). I thought PS2 was the last we’d seen of HS Tennis. This is great news.

It would still be awesome to see a PS3 version some day.

gema11981 said:

May 13th, 11:23 am

i am looking forward to this title and please keep the hot shot series alive !

Crotin said:

May 13th, 11:44 am

Nice, I love the Hot Shots series. I’ll definitely pick it up, keep up the PSPgo support!

BlackIceJoe said:

May 13th, 12:01 pm

This looks cool. Will there be a demo? Also with the Hot Shot series now being tennis & Golf would there be any chance of the the series being other sports too? I think a Hot Shots Hockey, Soccer & Volleyball could be fun.

I can’t wait to try the game. I liked the Tennis version on the PS2. So it will be great to play the game on the PSP.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

May 13th, 12:06 pm

Would get it for PSP2 with trophies

HongoXIII said:

May 13th, 1:56 pm

Looks fantastic. I also love seeing crossovers with SCEI’s other franchises, which is something there needs to be more of. Great characters that need to be in the light more often.

Gunwing said:

May 13th, 2:02 pm

IMHO The PSP needs more great titles to keep it’s self afloat. The biggest reason for the drop off in sales has been not only due to the poorly handeled launch of the PSPgo……. But also the utter lack of PSP games that sell the platform. IE we had God of War:COO, NarutoUltimate Ninja Heroes 2, Army of two The 40th day, Assassin’s Creed Bloodlines, little Big Planet Portable, and last but not least SOCOM Fire Team Bravo 3, and Resistance Retribution, as well as MotoStrom Arctic Edge all in one year.

If Sony wants more sales, and to keep up the pace, they need more new titles, not just ports, or stand alone games, but also new games that are only on the PSP, not just the PlayStation brand. The PSP minis need to be dropped as not a single one has sold well on our platform, let them go over to the Iphone, or Droid Phones. They are way better there.

But if the PSP is going to stay on top it needs to have killer games, and great new franchies not just PS2, and PS3 games rebuilt with different stories, and charicters…… IE NEW PSP Games that are only on PSP!

letherclad said:

May 13th, 2:23 pm

Looks really sweet! I look forward to hearing more about it and I love the Killzone costume!

KSPRAYDAD said:

May 13th, 2:40 pm

A Hot Shots mini game Move PS3 bundle would be nice.

ndw4 said:

May 13th, 4:37 pm

It’s funny how this guy thinks we all care, but really, nobody does care about this game.

Dice_for_Death_ said:

May 13th, 6:13 pm

Killzone? In my Hot Shots franchise? Like the sands of winter, indeed.

jqtaxpayer said:

May 13th, 6:31 pm

Any plans to bring more Hot Shots to PS3? Any plans on new Out of Bounds content? Any chance of a trophy patch for Out of Bounds?

StarFoxMania said:

May 14th, 6:44 am

Damn, what a waste! :( PSP? nobody plays PSP anymore. What’s wrong with you guys? PS3 is the machine to go for. With so many addicted trophy people, you go on PSP? Really? Just look at some of the comments posted here already. You announce the game on PSP, and yet they’re still talking about trophies and the PS Move controller. They’re in utter denial because it’s too sad to handle. What a shame! Bring Hot Shots Golf 2 and Hot Shots Tennis to the PS3 already. It’s about time. Hot shots Golf for PS3 was superb. It’s time you brought more to the PS3. Wake up! Don’t make me throw water in your face, err… avatar.

Reluctant-Hero said:

May 14th, 9:17 am

Awesome news! I’ll definitely be buying copy from PSN on 6/29/10!