Marvel's Spider-Man

May 17

May 17

New KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep PSP Entertainment Pack

Kristin Neirinckx's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PSP

KINGDOM HEARTS fans take note! Today, our friends at Square Enix announced that KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep will be available in North American on September 7. A prequel to the mega-hit series, this pivotal installment takes you back to the beginning of the KINGDOM HEARTS saga, where you will explore iconic Disney worlds through the perspectives of three different main characters: Terra, Ventus and Aqua.

In celebration of the game’s launch, we’re introducing a new limited edition KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep PSP Entertainment Pack, which brings together the stunning visuals of KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep and the robust portable gaming experience only possible on the PSP system. You’ll be able to pick up the new limited edition KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep PSP Entertainment Pack at GameStop locations on September 7, for $199.99 (MSRP).

The limited edition Kingdom Hearts Birth by Sleep PSP Entertainment Pack will include:

• “Mystic-Silver” PSP-3000 system
  • KINGDOM HEARTS Birth by Sleep on UMD (Universal Media Disc)*
  • Movie (to be announced)
  • 4GB Memory Stick PRO Duo

You can expect this along with many more premiere PSP titles from both first and third-party publishers coming later this year. If you’re looking for the best in portable gaming, PSP is the place to be.

*Movie content will not be related to KINGDOM HEARTS series

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

NewYork214 said:

May 17th, 8:04 am

Game looks good. lets hope we get Kingdom Hearts 3 on PS3 next.

lcmnick said:

May 17th, 8:04 am

Too bad the PSP is pretty much dead. When the hell are Sony gonna cut the price on this thing?

Bleedthesky78 said:

May 17th, 8:05 am

Great news, will it be the game be going to the PSN? I have a PSPGo, and I know Square Enix doesn’t like digital distribution. :(

Permafry_42 said:

May 17th, 8:07 am

as this game and ps1 classics are the only reason why i bought a psp, i felt the trailer was much too incomplete.

kentacohut said:

May 17th, 8:08 am

We need to get the Kingdom Hearts series on the PS3. I think it’s about time.

krae_man said:

May 17th, 8:08 am

No price mentioned means the PSP is getting a price cut(FINALLY) at E3 right? :p

P.S. Lower PSP game prices while you’re at it.

Andrefpvs said:

May 17th, 8:15 am

I”m disappointed this won’t be a summer blockbuster. I won’t have that much time to play this in September.

But I’m still looking forward to this game. I’m impressed how all Kingdom Hearts games have great storylines, yet follow the same time line. It’s like one gigantic soap opera! And I LOVE it! Please keep making, I want to keep following the series for the rest of my life.

However, new players will want to understand the entire story — release KH1 & 2 on the PS3 like Sony did with God of War! That would be perfect.

V_Ben said:

May 17th, 8:25 am

hope it comes out on the PSN store too, for pspgo owners :)

BlooodyCow said:

May 17th, 8:28 am

Kingdom Hearts 3 for the PS3 please

kmkaizen said:

May 17th, 8:28 am

this is a great way to start the week cannot wait to get kingdom heart on the go i mean the PSP 3000 no not the GBA that was bad

CloudStrife2009 said:

May 17th, 8:29 am

Finally a release date for Birth by Sleep. Although when they said Summer, i expected it to be around June-August, but it still good to have the release date. This game is a first day buy for me.

britthero said:

May 17th, 8:29 am

is there going too be any demo on this as well ? would be cool too try it out :)

Francision69 said:

May 17th, 8:30 am

Looks pretty nice.

crazypeng1 said:

May 17th, 8:32 am

I’m super on the fence about this right now. I bought a PSP launch system, and I haven’t bought another one since and its kind of crap. I would like to try this one, but I fear that it may 1. break within a year or 2. not be supported well like the DS. I’m going to off to college soon next year, which means that I’m going to need a portable gaming system since all my methods of transport are hour long subway rides. Also, I don’t care what apple says, the ipod touch is not a viable gaming platform at all. Also, KH3 like everyone else said. Better be an announcement at e3 or I’ll be pissed sony.

MLZ911 said:

May 17th, 8:35 am

Looks decent, but when is KH3 coming out? There better be something at E3 this year! Its been years since KH2 came out.

disneyboi81 said:

May 17th, 8:37 am

Awesome and about time!! I can’t wait to get this. I absolutely love the series and was the main reason I got a PS2 as I am a big Disney fan. I only hope that Sony & Square bring the original games to the PS3 in some kind of form whether disc or PSN download. “crosses fingers”

KVG88 said:

May 17th, 8:41 am

I’m so excited… I just can’t fight it… I’m about to lose control… and I think I rike it…

seriously, super pumped for this!!! Mind explosion in 3..2…1 AHAHAHAHAHA FINALLY!!!

artform-fazeone said:

May 17th, 8:48 am

Square Enix makes great role playing games… THE FAZEONES LOUNGE

dragonmagician said:

May 17th, 8:52 am

No special design PSP?

Storiwryter said:

May 17th, 8:52 am

Will this also be available as a digital download for PSPgo owners?

arnoldmcguire335 said:

May 17th, 8:55 am

ANOTHER MYSTIC SILVER BUNDLE?!?! WHY SONY WHY?!?!

Unless that bundle is similar to the Japanese release it’s fine for me.

Dragonbox said:

May 17th, 8:55 am

hurray. I can’t wait.

E3 might announce the 2 side-stories after Birth by Sleep. KH3 is for PS3 in (2012) Still 2 more years.

Be patient. September is just around the corner.

PSPgo owners may be sad. Disney denied Digital Version.

PS: the movie UMD might be resident 3 due to Resident Afterlife starts that weekend!! Sept.9!!!

Red_Wolf92 said:

May 17th, 8:56 am

Kind of funny that even though the PSP-Go is the newer model…the PSP 3000 is the one that gets all the sweet bundles (Dissidia, MGS: PW, and now KH).

Only confirms my belief that the GO was just an undercover marketing tactic for the 3000. IT MAKES PERFECT SENSES.

/sarcasm.

Crotin said:

May 17th, 8:58 am

Is it true that Birth By Sleep isn’t going to be sold digitally? :(

xuipid said:

May 17th, 9:03 am

will this be digital? it’d better be otherwise I’m done with the Go. I already feel ripped off as is…

Seeing_Red_Again said:

May 17th, 9:04 am

Great. Can’t wait for KH: Birth By Sleep, but also can’t wait till a Kingdom Hearts for PS3 is announced :)

bushisprez said:

May 17th, 9:05 am

I noticed Leonard Nemoy narrating?

Bethanator5000 said:

May 17th, 9:12 am

Asdfjkl; I LOVE KH. I’M SO EXCITED.

Sonicfan11589 said:

May 17th, 9:14 am

Can we get it for PSN for us PSP go owners.

nixdox said:

May 17th, 9:16 am

OMG Finally! I was specting this since it was early announced!

Lanmanna said:

May 17th, 9:17 am

LOL. Probably no one expected the beginning of September. It is still considered Summer though. xD

I wish I could get this, but I sold my PSP because I didn’t think it was worth holding on to just for 1 game.

Sonicfan11589 said:

May 17th, 9:17 am

Also if it’s going to be on PSN if any chance, u should release a PSP go edition and include that game and maybe also a voucher for maybe 1 Final Fantasy game (7,8, or 9) and Dissidia also included, I don’t know, I’m just throwing ideas out there, maybe a voucher for a choice of either 2 or 3 ff Ps1 games or choose Dissidia.

KazeEternal said:

May 17th, 9:19 am

When are we getting news on Final Fantasy Agito XIII?

@27
Nemoy has retired from acting so no.

Sonicfan11589 said:

May 17th, 9:23 am

Hopefully we can also see KH1 and 2 re-released in a similar way to God of War collection, that will make more of an incentive for me to buy a ps3 at some point in the future, still haven’t played KH2 and Chain of Memories as well as God of War 2

Enigma777 said:

May 17th, 9:42 am

Is this game going to be on the PSN?!

Enigma777 said:

May 17th, 9:42 am

Are we going to see this on the PSN?! As a go owner, I’m very worried about that…

Maguss said:

May 17th, 9:45 am

Nice Sony, announce a new bundle but don’t post any pictures. Also it’ll suck so bad for all PSPGO owners if this isn’t on the PSN.

SpiritThief said:

May 17th, 9:53 am

So when are you going to admit the PSPgo is crap and you wish you never made it?

Why no bundles for that?

x-former said:

May 17th, 9:59 am

Will this be available on PSN!!!????

I have a PSPGo and this is one of the main reasons i bought one. please don’t leave me hangin here!

Hoping for Valkyria Chronicles 2 and MGS: Peacewalker as well.

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

May 17th, 10:00 am

Will it be available on PSN? SCE screwed JP customers by not putting this game on PSN over there.

Gunwing said:

May 17th, 10:02 am

The PSPgo has failed utterly. It only was built to go after the Iphone crowd and it failed even at that too. Now Sony is pushing the PSP-3000 like they should of all along because it’s a machine that has a massive install base, and they have been waiting for games…….

Great news to see some great non shovel ware titles for the PSP this year:

God of War Ghost of Sparta
Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep
Mod Nation Racers Portable

This is a strong start. But I suspect that the PSP is only going to make a minor showing at E3 this year. Sony is if they have any brains going to push the PS3 as hard as it can, more adds, more games, more stuff, and more features…… The PSP I think has run it’s course and it’s time for Sony to get back to phone building instead for the handheld market.

Plus the PS3 needs an enhanced web browser on par with what it’s phones can do.

Rinaldus91 said:

May 17th, 10:14 am

Is that f’n SPOCK?

KoRn555 said:

May 17th, 10:20 am

wow, maybe worst trailer i have ever seen, hoping this Kingdom Heart will be better than the other portable kingdom hearts…

piratedrunk said:

May 17th, 10:21 am

I’ve been waiting to hear if we would get this bundle. Thanks!

illmatic610 said:

May 17th, 10:22 am

@ 14

It’s not up to Sony, Square Enix owns and develops the series, so only they can decide when Kingdom Hearts 3 is announced.

Slim_3800 said:

May 17th, 10:34 am

Its about time gotta go get soon it comes out

EVanHelsing said:

May 17th, 10:50 am

Kingdom Hearts was one of the top PS2 games, and now it’s demoted to a handheld title? Shameful! It deserves a full PS3 sequel.

ProjectInfiniti said:

May 17th, 10:57 am

I’ll let you know right now Sony/Square, this will be the game that will be my final decision on whether I get the Go or not.

If this doesn’t get put on PSN you can kiss my chance of buying a Go goodbye permanently and just keep my 2000.

Mies2000 said:

May 17th, 11:00 am

If I not mistaking, this is the back story of roxas, correct?

judetx said:

May 17th, 11:19 am

I am a huge Kingdom Hearts fan (Hey, when is the KH series getting the GOW treatment, ala-bluray disc with KH, KHRe:, KH2??? Just wishful thinking!) Anyhow, I have been putting off buying a PSP for sometime, I want one so bad for GOWCoO, GOWGoS, and now for sure KHBbS, I can’t wait to get one (September!) but what does the “Mystic-Silver” PSP look like? Why no photo?

PAGE 1 2 3