Knack 2

May 27

May 27

UNCHARTED 2: New Multiplayer Playlist “The Lab,” and new PSN Avatars

Mick Perona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

Like UNCHARTED

Hey Everyone, Are you itching for some more multiplayer mayhem? Well, you’re in luck!

This weekend – May 28 to June 1 – we’re introducing a new playlist that will mix things up and maybe, possibly lead to updates or additions to the existing playlists in competitive Matchmaking. We’re calling this playlist “The Lab.”

We’ll be running “The Lab” Playlist roughly every other weekend for the foreseeable future.

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- The Lab multiplayer

During each weekend “The Lab” is active, we’ll be running a playlist featuring one or more custom-tuned gametype variations from the tons of variables we can tweak in our multiplayer gameplay settings.

Here’s the current schedule and description for the first event in our “The Lab” Playlist series:

May 28 – June 1
2 vs. 2 Team Deathmatch
Grab a partner for this small- to medium-size map mow-down. You’ve got 15 minutes to rack up 25 kills, or more than the other team, to prove your small-team superiority. I’m going to recommend now that you’re going to want pick a reliable teammate you want to play with over the weekend…

Of course, to commemorate the launch of “The Lab” Playlist program will be a Double Cash Weekend!

Starts: Friday, May 28, 10:00 AM PDT
Ends: Tuesday, June 1, 10:00 AM PDT

As with our previous Double Cash Weekend, the per match cash limit has also been raised to $150,000 maximum per match.

Head on over to NaughtyDog.com for the full schedule of the “The Lab” playlists, as well as to learn where you can chat in the forums to give your feedback on these new events, as well as get information on updated play schedules.

BRAND NEW PSN AVATARS AVAILABLE NOW!

And that’s not all; don’t miss out on our brand new UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves avatar bundles for PSN we released this Tuesday on the PlayStation Store! We are so excited to be able to bring these new avatars for your PSN ID’s, we know how badly you’ve been wanting to update your avatars, and now you can show off your UNCHARTED pride in style!

The UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Avatar Pack #1 includes Nathan Drake, Elena Fisher, Victor Sullivan, [Cameraman] Jeff, and Karl Schafer. And Pack #2 delivers Chloe Frazier, Tenzin, Zoran Lazarevic, Harry Flynn, and the Phurba Dagger!

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves -- PSN Avatar

Hurry over to the PlayStation Store and download these avatars for $0.49 cents each, or grab the avatar bundles to collect all 10 and save some moolah!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

XxBigP123xX said:

May 27th, 10:34 am

Looks like it’s time to get to level 51.

Thank you for continuing the support of Uncharted 2 Naughty Dog!

spunnups said:

May 27th, 10:36 am

Love the game. Please add more coop missions please, objective and arena based….Thanks.

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 10:50 am

Hey Spun, be sure to hit that link above that will take you to NaughtyDog.com. They tell you exactly where in the forums they’ll be listening for your ideas and feedback! They are always looking to find ways to keep it fresh and keep the action going, and the post above proves it, so chime in over there my friend!

yen-cid said:

May 27th, 10:40 am

Are we getting UC1 avatars? would love me a navarro one :)

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 10:58 am

That would be cool! So who’s more evil, Navarro, Gabriel Roman, or Eddie Raja?

SpiritThief said:

May 27th, 10:46 am

Add more Co op. I hate the competitive MP of U2. It sucks, very cheap and very spammer friendly. This is why I hate console MP, so far to perfection with Counterstrike then comes console to ruin it all:(

Anyway I want more co op support vs the same old map pack BS for competitive. Co op is addictive and there isn’t enough of it.

Same as Resistance 2, made fun co op then forgot all about it later on. I hope this doesn’t end up the same.

Bring on more co op!

acerazer1 said:

May 27th, 10:48 am

I need to get back into uncharted’s multi

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 11:00 am

Yes you do, Acer…Yes you do!

ModernYorkster said:

May 27th, 10:49 am

So, Im guessing there will be future Avatar bundles?

explosive78 said:

May 27th, 10:59 am

Sounds like a good idea to shake things up a bit. Im glad at least you guys care about avatars. Kick sony in the butt for us so they can kick out some more avatars.

Shadow-Man_4 said:

May 27th, 11:00 am

Nice! New playlist to play and new avatars to show off :) Love these additions.

I’ve got a few questions though:

1) Can you guys have another double cash weekend(s) for the other “Lab” playlist-tests too? Please say you can because I’ve been really busy studying for my exams which will end at June 1st :(

2) Will you release a Title Update before the end of this month?

Hope you answer my questions!
Thanks.

Keeng said:

May 27th, 11:01 am

Sweet. I need to hurry up and get my PS3 fixed.

Mosh_Pit said:

May 27th, 11:03 am

Hi Mick, do you know if there is any multiplayer download bundle on the way for Uncharted 2?

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 11:16 am

Hey Mosh, nothing to announce at the moment, but big announcements like that would have to be an entirely separate post! ;)

reson8er said:

May 27th, 11:04 am

Those new avatars are cool, I think I’ll look into it.

Silen7in said:

May 27th, 11:05 am

wicked, siege expansion was great btw and love 2 on 2s. Love you Naughty Dog anything to mix it up a bit is good in my books. If you would like i’m big fan of Uncharted and you guys generally (doing a games course atm) and have a few ideas if you’re interested to make uncharted 2 even better + possibly for Uncharted 3 also.

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 11:20 am

The Siege Expansion Pack is totally awesome and wicked fun! For ideas on future projects, head on over to the Naughty Dog’s forums and share away.

Spinout209 said:

May 27th, 11:07 am

I bought the Nathan Drake the very second I saw it. Uncharted 2 for the win! Will Uncharted 3 be debuting at E3?

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 11:22 am

Hey Spin, thanks for showing your love for UNCHARTED! (A certain half-tuck fortune hunter is my fav too!) (like you couldn’t tell right?)

kivi95 said:

May 27th, 11:09 am

Why dont we in Europe have the bundle price for the avatars?

NY-Mets_Abe3b said:

May 27th, 11:13 am

Any chance we’ll get to hear news on Uncharted 3 anytime soon?

yen-cid said:

May 27th, 11:13 am

i dont know who is more evil, what i do know is that they are all bad ass

Stinkinmushroom said:

May 27th, 11:15 am

as that Naughty dog on that MeinVZ website? What the eff was that?

Velmonte said:

May 27th, 11:32 am

Sorry for being off-topic, but Why not some God of War III Avatars?

I hope there is a bunch of them, I love God of War!

ThreeLeggedFreak said:

May 27th, 11:33 am

Where’s Uncharted 2 GOTY edition?

BalramRules said:

May 27th, 11:36 am

Can’t wait for UC3 X)

boxmyth said:

May 27th, 11:37 am

Shouldn’t it be: [Expendable Cameraman] Jeff?

jwood87 said:

May 27th, 11:38 am

Sounds great…. Any uncharted 3 news?

Link01 said:

May 27th, 11:39 am

God, I’m playing too many games at once… I wonder what you guys have in store for E3 ;)… could you tell me if you are going to speak on stage at all * no spoilers

Baltis said:

May 27th, 11:40 am

I need to get back to this game. I was almost on the way to platinum it but then you added a slew of online trophies I know I can never get.

PullusPardusUS said:

May 27th, 11:56 am

The….. Lab?
what are you guys referencing here? i never imagined Uncharted having to do with anything about Labs

Xoonaka said:

May 27th, 11:57 am

I really wish Sony would stop charging for a stupid little icon. I don’t care how much I love a game, I’m not spending $0.50 on it.

Worst yet, this is why we’ll never see custom icon support.

Armstrong said:

May 27th, 11:58 am

You should be able to get one of those avatars for free by unlocking all the multiplayer trophies!

Vabor said:

May 27th, 12:02 pm

I’m so happy Uncharted 2 support continues. This is one of the greatest games of the last decade. Thank you SCEA!

angelspawn77 said:

May 27th, 12:09 pm

awesome new avatars, but isnt the drake one available already for FREE? I want to sport the elena one cuz i think shes hot, lol, both the character and real life person that plays her.

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 12:22 pm

Hey Spawny, Nope, those ones are from 2007 for our first game UNCHARTED: Drake’s Fortune. These new ones are for UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves.
    I’m seeing these pop up on my friends list like wild-fire already!

T3mpr1x said:

May 27th, 12:10 pm

I recently got back into this game’s multiplayer thanks to a friend. Could have used some splitscreen, but oh well. He brought over his PlayStation 3, and we hooked it up to another TV next to mine. Both over Wifi and it played just fine!

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 12:24 pm

Yowza! Now that’s a cool friend! That sounds mega fun!

Wintermute9001 said:

May 27th, 12:24 pm

I beat this game when it first released, but earlier this year my PS3 died. Getting my new systems was just the excuse I needed to play through Uncharted 2 again– it was even better the second time (and the third time– I immediately played through again on crushing). This is the only multiplayer game I have ever liked, and I am totally addicted to it. I have been playing games since the 80s and the Uncharted series is, without a doubt, my favorite series of this generation and in my top three video game series of all time. Uncharted 2 is a masterpiece– keep up the good work and thanks for continuing to support the game!

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

May 27th, 12:27 pm

Go for the Platinum, Winter, go for the Platinum!
BTW, Nice avatar I see you have there.
(Spoken in my best “Sully” voice:)
“It’s Victor Godd@m Sullivan!”

The1stMJC said:

May 27th, 12:29 pm

Still say the Chloe Avatar should be focused on what everyone likes about Chloe ;)

And the Flynn Avatar should say “incoming” every time it signs on. Come on missed opportunities

DaKingO said:

May 27th, 12:41 pm

We need more playlist period, just like when the game was released.

Sniper/grenade and RPG matches, were so fun. Bring them back plz.

Also keep up the good work. Beat both games twice in the last two weeks.

CRAIG19C said:

May 27th, 12:43 pm

Cool post, glad to see some new avatars too! :)

Dragonzblaze said:

May 27th, 12:49 pm

awesome game awesome support keep it up naughty dog rocks 4 life

truckasaurus1 said:

May 27th, 12:51 pm

Absolutely LOVE the UC2 MP functions. Some things I would recommend:

1) Remove regular deathmatch from the All Competitive playlist. If i want deathmatch, it has its own playlist.

2) Add special playlists for “popular” deathmatch modes (sniper rife/Pistole, RPG, etc). NOthing worse that wanting to play one of those and having them only come up every 4 or 5 games

3) Allow users to specify what type of co-op arena game they want. Alternatively, always ensure that one option is something other than gold rush. Also, if a third person cannot be found, give me the option to back out rather than take a two-player attempt at the game.

4) Of course… more maps!

Rytteren said:

May 27th, 1:00 pm

just a thanks for the many updates and addon. on my way back to the NDforum to post ideas

TheTwelve said:

May 27th, 1:01 pm

This is awesome.

Crotin said:

May 27th, 1:14 pm

woo hoo!

Coheno said:

May 27th, 1:26 pm

Yes, thanks for the avatars, I have been waiting for these for a while! I’ll have to get the Plat in U2 as soon as RDR has let of its hold on me…if that ever happens.

J_chica said:

May 27th, 1:29 pm

Luv uncharted! Can’t wait for double xp=]

SS_keyblade said:

May 27th, 1:30 pm

I play UC2 Multiplayer more than any other game, and hopefully I can max out during Double Cash weekend, I just go to lvl.51 and I have a long way to go…. see you all online, I’ll be the first to grab the plunder ;]

kassimmahmood said:

May 27th, 1:46 pm

I was just wondering if this was going to be in the UK because if it is, then I can take some breaks from revising and play online. thanks!

nino1911 said:

May 27th, 1:54 pm

i know i like a peace avatar

RGS-14 said:

May 27th, 2:03 pm

Why can’t you guys but that cool Drake avatar that you (Mick Perona) are using now? In fact, I see a lot of cool avatars that you guys on the blog use but don’t what to share with the PSN community :(

RGS-14 said:

May 27th, 2:05 pm

put*

Haseo106 said:

May 27th, 2:26 pm

I love Uncharted 2 & I love Naughty Dogs. My dream is becoming a game designer and then work for Naughty Dog Studio. I hope the studio will continue making Great Exclusive PS3 games, especially Uncharted series… :)

NoobHunter91 said:

May 27th, 2:57 pm

Awesome I bought half of them the second I saw them. Love uncharted 2 and all the producers of it! Thank you for such an awesome game!

E-two said:

May 27th, 3:10 pm

ooo i think im getting the dagger :)

PAGE 1 2