Farpoint

Jun 04

Jun 04

inFAMOUS 2 Announced, in the new Game Informer

Wilson Cheng's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Hey Guys – you may have seen the new inFAMOUS 2 cover on gameinformer.com.

gi-infamous2-cover

I’m very excited to officially announce that Cole MacGrath will be returning exclusively to the PS3. This issue will give the very first details of the game and how Sucker Punch has improved every aspect of it. You’ll learn about the new city, new powers and new gameplay. It should be hitting news stands in the next week.

Look for more inFAMOUS 2 news at E3.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 6

TwinDad said:

June 4th, 1:28 pm

Good to get a squeal. Someday I will open and play my copy. But the demo was awesome.

polo155 said:

June 4th, 1:29 pm

great 1st part, a must for this one too i guess.

vcotson said:

June 4th, 1:31 pm

wow little big planet 2, kz3, now this, what’s being saved for E3?

TheTwelve said:

June 4th, 1:31 pm

Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss

theBedBurner said:

June 4th, 1:32 pm

…that doesn’t look like Cole.

lcmnick said:

June 4th, 1:32 pm

This is crazy…aren’t Sony going to wait until E3 to announce any new games? Carry on like this and they’ll be nothing left to announce come next week :P

b_allerkb24 said:

June 4th, 1:35 pm

yes can’t wait

Myke-Myke said:

June 4th, 1:35 pm

By all means, I am very excited that this game has been announced.

Please ensure us that you (Sony) DO have more to announce @ E3???

I can’t wait… Another week and a half til E3 2010!!!

Alpha_Gamer said:

June 4th, 1:36 pm

So, we’re playing as Cole and this new guy? (That doesn’t look like Cole at all).

Blkant said:

June 4th, 1:36 pm

Why on earth did you change the way cole looks… Jesus does every game have to be ruined by attempts to make them more main stream… First R2 then this… Count me out, I was excited, now I really just don’t care…

LightAce said:

June 4th, 1:37 pm

hahaha funny putting someone else on the cover, now where’s Cole?

T3mpr1x said:

June 4th, 1:37 pm

Echoing comments above me here, hopefully Sony’s saved some big announcements for E3! Otherwise letting all these details on big hitters out seems like a weird move…

reson8er said:

June 4th, 1:37 pm

I might be way off base or blindly optimistic, but with all these high profile games being announced pre-E3 maybe E3 has SO MANY surprise announcements that these are only the tip of the oh-so-sweet iceberg.

Color me officially excited for E3!

INFAMOUS FTMF WIN!

almighty-slayer said:

June 4th, 1:38 pm

Hate the redesign of Cole (especially as it doesn’t fit with what your future self told you through cutscene!). Along with the change of voice actor, it seems like Sucker Punch have totally changed the character we all loved in InFAMOUS

Also: Planning on leaving a game or two for E3? lol

pavlovic said:

June 4th, 1:38 pm

Socom 4, KZ3, LBP2 and i2 announced before E3.

Is there anything left?

Enforcer_X said:

June 4th, 1:38 pm

That doesn’t look like Cole …
I did love Infamous and hopefully this will be everything and more!

StrykerIsland said:

June 4th, 1:39 pm

Cannot wait, JUST finished inFAMOUS yesterday (after picking it up when it hit Greatest Hits), and loved every minute of it.

Hoping for dramatic animation improvements during cutscenes and distinctly subtle good/evil choices instead of it beating me over the head when an opportunity arises.

Will buy a sequel on day one though, no doubt.

dragonmagician said:

June 4th, 1:40 pm

Interesting strategy to announce all these sequels before E3. Hope this means there are new IPs at E3.

ClientID said:

June 4th, 1:40 pm

Awesome news!

xxPIETROxx said:

June 4th, 1:41 pm

Aww man, ive just been playing the 1st inFamous. Its amazing, im sure the sequal is gunna be insane! Sony, chill out with all these announcements! Save something for E3 (PSP2 wink wink)

JamesHSteel said:

June 4th, 1:41 pm

Redesign? What the Fu- (head explodes).

Infamous one was awesome, but…

Globox_82 said:

June 4th, 1:41 pm

I guess Sony press conference is going to be boring. They will probably focus on Move casual games and redesigned PSN, and i could not care less for any one of those two. Not so sure i am going to watch press conference to be honest. At this point we know more or less every single core game that will be at E3. Infamous 2, Socom 4, LBP2, KZ3, and most likely Resistance 3, Motorstorm 3. Yawn, will check out trailers next day on GT.

On topic LOVED Infamous 1, cant wait for this but at same time disappointed that we know it all pre E3.

skynidas said:

June 4th, 1:41 pm

Ok, first I gotta say that this is amazing news, I loved the first inFamous and I am sure that this one will be a great game too. BUT, I gotta ask, there are already THREE exclusives announced before E3, Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2 and inFamous 2. This can mean good things because we can think that there are still awesome games to be announced at the press conference OR bad news meaning that the whole conference will be based on the PlayStation Move.

Please, if someone can just answer if there is still AT LEAST one game left to E3?

djsaiyan said:

June 4th, 1:42 pm

Yeah that really, REALLY doesn’t look like Cole. (Just an observation, not a complaint)

Still buying it regardless, as the gameplay in Infamous was stellar. I could honestly care less who the main character is or what he looks like or who’s voicing him.

jimmyfoxhound said:

June 4th, 1:42 pm

It seems Sony will be focusing on the Move and 3D stuff at E3 this year instead of games since pretty much every game has been announced! Bleah…

joseph2411 said:

June 4th, 1:42 pm

Awesome news!!…however, i hope you are leaving something BIG for E3 since you are revealing all these great sequels that would have been perfect for the E3 press conference.

NarcMonkey said:

June 4th, 1:43 pm

@5 My thoughts exactly… Weird.

BigBoss712 said:

June 4th, 1:43 pm

Awesome! loved the first one, not a fan of Coles new look though.. hope it looks better than the concept art.

ReyMo610 said:

June 4th, 1:43 pm

why are you guys complaining about the way Cole looks. What if they’re implementing a feature where you choose how he looks? It’s a possibility haha but Cole looks younger here… interesting.

CyberiaNL said:

June 4th, 1:43 pm

What the hell are you guys saving for E3?!

Stoffinator said:

June 4th, 1:43 pm

Awesome news to hear. But what happened to Cole? He looks horrible.

niked said:

June 4th, 1:44 pm

First I have to say fantastic! I loved the original and I hope the second installment will smash us whit awesomeness!

Second I have to say this! I REALLY HOPE there is MANY PS3 exclusive games that has not been know before, being on E3. I don´t want PS move games, give me AAA smashing announcements at E3 SONY!

NorthernLitez said:

June 4th, 1:44 pm

Awesome news for an awesome game.

BlooodyCow said:

June 4th, 1:46 pm

YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I hope this InFAMOUS 2 comes out this year or very early next year.

StrykerIsland said:

June 4th, 1:46 pm

I sincerely hope Sony’s E3 conference isn’t 20 minutes of charts and graphs, followed by 1.5 hours of Move demos, with a software sizzler at the end of the show.

I am anticipating great things from this show, there’s a ton of stellar software to highlight, hopefully Sony recognizes this and gives it all the proper attention it deserves.

Move is not on my radar, at all. I do own a PS Eye though, Sony can thank Burnout Paradise for that one.

Enforcer_X said:

June 4th, 1:46 pm

Not happy about the voice actor change …

TheRealAlpha2 said:

June 4th, 1:46 pm

He’s a little older and has more hair, the most important thing though is making him not look like Nathan Hale from Resistance or any of the other hairless/balding protagonists that we’ve had the last couple of years. Besides, considering the story line of the first game it would make sense to me that he changes his looks a little once he discovered the truth.

BlooodyCow said:

June 4th, 1:48 pm

SONY Do you guys have any hardcore surprises for E3 since you guys are unveiling all this amazing sequel before E3? And by all means, I do not be MOVE tiles or 3D stuff.

Ramses_13 said:

June 4th, 1:49 pm

Looks like a prequel, hence it looks like the new character is in “old” New Orleans.

deathkingdome said:

June 4th, 1:50 pm

What are left for E3 are Starhawk and The Last Guardian. There will also be Man Furismo Jive.

Pesico said:

June 4th, 1:51 pm

Hope this means you have lot’s of new IPs to announce at E3. All that has been announced so far has been sequels. Hopefully Resistance 3 is in the works to.

I hope to hear more about Agent, release date on GT5 and maybe a couple of new AAA IPs at E3.

Ji66saw said:

June 4th, 1:52 pm

I LOVE infamous 1 and cole man, I’m not totally against the redesign for cole, IF that is cole anyway on the cover. That guy looks like a friggin model, too gorgeous for the hard [DELETED] cole we all loved and idolized hahaha

Ikki_Fenix said:

June 4th, 1:52 pm

will there be a benefit to having an infamous 1 save file?

Redikol said:

June 4th, 1:52 pm

Awesome! Can’t Wait! Now, I need to hear the official announcement of Sly Copper 4…And I’ll be Sucker Punches best buddy!

AceWing said:

June 4th, 1:53 pm

Maybe he is Cole’s enemy and in infamous2 you play through his story leading up to the events of infamous1. Well those are just my thoughts does anyone else think the bacground on the cover look like Europe???

roseofmayix said:

June 4th, 1:53 pm

He looks like the dude from that Spartacus series.

And I’m guessing his new hotter appearance is being done so folks will want to spend as much time with them as they have with Nathan Drake.

So far..Im liking it. Cant wait to see the game!

Prometheus-X- said:

June 4th, 1:54 pm

I do not like how the character looks.
What’s wrong with having Cole as he was?
From all the things that are happening in his life and the world, he decided to make a fashion statement?

I mean this guy can outclash a Jedi in Jedi-ness. Seriously.
I was really lookign forward to a gritty cover. You know like the one that was used by people who liked DMZ (comic).

To me, all that cover sais is: “Sanitised Bad-[DELETED]”.
It’s like making Mortal Kombat with a Teen rating.

Also, since Infamous had a karma system, will the gamer have a choice over the path the character has taken on Infamous 2?

Azure-Edge said:

June 4th, 1:56 pm

Wow, so cool.

Seriously though, what in the world are you guys saving for E3 with all of these announcements? You guys should have held this, KZ3 and Little Big Planet 2 for E3 and made the biggest splash ever.

Fluidshine said:

June 4th, 1:57 pm

All I can say is OMFG I CAN’T WAIT TO FIND OUT MORE.

SergioDaly said:

June 4th, 1:58 pm

cool… i loved the first game so this are good news for me…
about E3… i think this is a good move by sony… being all about sequels that already have been in the PS3 is a bad E3… E3 is about new stuff… new tech and new IPs… and that is what sony will deliver.

PAGE 1 2 3 6