God of War

Jun 10

Jun 10

Final Fantasy IX hits PSN Store this Tuesday

Ami Blaire's Avatar Posted by Vice President of Marketing, Square Enix

We’d like to thank everyone who has patiently waited for the revival of one of the most anticipated classics in the Final Fantasy series, Final Fantasy IX.

Returning to the elements of what makes true role-playing games appealing — characters, grand story, engaging battles and an impressive presentation — we’re proud to offer PS3 and PSP owners a chance to relive what RPG fans have long considered a nostalgic masterpiece.

The wait is almost over and we’re proud to announce that Final Fantasy IX is finally here, again!

Final Fantasy IX for PS3 and PSP (PlayStation mini)Final Fantasy IX for PS3 and PSP (PlayStation mini)

Look for Final Fantasy IX to hit the US PSN Store next Tuesday, June 15th for $9.99. For more information on Final Fantasy IX, please visit the official site.

Add Your Own

xeno3d said:

June 11th, 5:45 am

leonhart9876 said:

June 11th, 6:56 am

while everyone is worried about the other square titles we also need Saga Frontier 1 and 2. best rpgs ever

xAllanKx said:

June 11th, 7:05 am

Final Fantasy IX will be only in english for the U.S store?

krae_man said:

June 11th, 7:15 am

Yeah Jeff, I’m not sure how much I believe that. I bet it’s still going to be part of the Press confrence. “Download FF IX later today on the playstation store” is probably still going to come out of Jack’s mouth Tuesday.

Its not like the store update 2 weeks ago when UK got it had tons of cool stuff in it and you wanted to give each thing breathing room. FFIX dipping into Modnation Racers PSP’s downloadable versions sales or something is a bit of a streach.

Frejim said:

June 11th, 7:25 am

Finally!!!!

zombie9 said:

June 11th, 7:58 am

I beat this over 10 years ago. To many youngsters on here. Now I know where all the wining comes from. But I do feel very old now.

QuietstormRB said:

June 11th, 8:17 am

I loved playing FFIX on PS1. I’m glad it’s making a return as a PSOne Classic but when will Parasite Eve arrive as a PSOne Classic?

Midgetguy said:

June 11th, 8:32 am

You guys have just made a LOT of people happy!

I’m not the most die-hard FF fan, but I know a lot of people have been waiting on this one! haha

So, it’s good to see it making it’s way now!

=)

Destiny89 said:

June 11th, 8:33 am

Amazing news, looking forward to it

PirateRyoko said:

June 11th, 8:35 am

Its not Square Enix’s fault this is so late here in SCEA land. It was out long ago in other regions as many pointed out. Sony should take this as a lesson of what NOT to do when re-releasing a game. The extreme lateness only creates mountains of bad customer relations and needlessely costs Sony much needed sales. With a recently posted $441million loss Sony should be very eager grasping at every way possible to increase sales & thier customer base. Take the hint!!

StealthReborn-- said:

June 11th, 8:44 am

This is great news, by far my favorite Final Fantasy to date. I’m really looking forward to reliving the great experience I had with this game.

Cord said:

June 11th, 9:20 am

Only the playstation blog would use this more then once as news; here’s the first time we were told FFIX was coming to PSN

Instead of working up the audience, how about working on getting the wanted US content out faster.

Overall, FINALLY I CAN JUSTIFY MY PSPgo. All PS1 Final fantasy’s is good enough for me =)

sdmf4ever said:

June 11th, 9:31 am

IT’S FINALLY HERE!!! About time…….ohhhhhh I can’t wait! Well, I suppose the complaining can finally stop now; but what will we all complain about now with every store update…any suggestions…lol? Now, all we need is Vagrant Story and Xenogears and Legend of Dragoon and Chrono Trigger and Chrono Cross and Fear Effect and Alundra and so on and so on and so on……yeah for repetitious and obnoxious banter….

DarkOne_PR said:

June 11th, 9:46 am

@79 discojer
well thats sad…. if sony/SE will take their time to put these games up on the PSN, why then dont they patch these games with trophies in that time? C,mon Sony/SE dont go lazy on me! patch FF7 with trophies….

kmkaizen said:

June 11th, 10:08 am

this cool now square can please bring Xenogear here it killing me now

rmx687 said:

June 11th, 10:22 am

For anyone who hasn’t played this, I strongly recommend considering buying this on the PS Store. It’s arguably the best (and best looking) game on the original Playstation. Anyone who’s ever liked a Final Fantasy should definitely check it out.

DialingCar said:

June 11th, 10:27 am

yessss!!!! i remember they were said they were gonna bring it out on may 7..then someone said june 1? somethin about an anniversary?? but now it’s finally coming..i had to spend about 60 bucks thinkin it was comin and i end up wastin it on other things…ohhh i love the teasin psn does to me!!! im use to it..everyone else should be too..i mean we have about a good 10 years worth of this product..we can’t be crying already…remmeber Mag Beta??? or uncharted 2 beta??? those were the days…

DialingCar said:

June 11th, 10:28 am

oh by the way i did purchase 7 and 8, you should tooo…and oh yea, i hope parasite eve 3rd birthday gives good reprise..it’ll be announce’d at the e3 convention…0000000000000000000000000000

An4564 said:

June 11th, 10:30 am

looks like i was right
they were planning on releasing it around the time of E3 just like FFVII and FFVIII

triple_lei said:

June 11th, 11:11 am

@113 DarkOne_PR

Dude give it a rest, no one’s going to be patching their extremely old PSone games when they could be working on new games. Not to mention that, you know, it’s impossible. It’s not like the PS3 recognizes and plays FF7 as “FF7,” it only sees it as “a PSone game.” It’s why you automatically sign off the PSN when you play a PSone game on the PS3, and it’s why you don’t get the in-game XMB when you press the PS button.

KazeEternal said:

June 11th, 12:06 pm

@120 triple_lei
While you’re right about the trophies, you’re completely wrong about the In Game XMB functionality. PSOne titles are run through a PS3 program known as an Emulator. Basically you’re running a game that runs games in simplest terms. So if Sony wanted to make it so we finally had In Game XMB for PS1 titles they could very well do it. They could even have it pause the emulation when the XMB is called. PS2 would have been a bit more difficult to pull off probably, but PS1 titles wouldn’t be much of an issue.

I personally would love to see In Game XMB for PSone titles…. then again I’d love to see Linux restored to my PS3 also so I won’t be holding my breath for that update.

iTofuMan said:

June 11th, 1:01 pm

While i am glad this is comming (i can finally play something on my psp go that is worth playing) the fact that they waited till e3 is just plain stupid. I mean we are still missing final fantasy 1 & 2, and Crisis Core, but seeing the trend here it looks like net years e3 will have one of those games which is pretty sad since i would really like to play Crisis Core on my psp.

Halifirien said:

June 11th, 1:15 pm

Hooray. I was getting antsy. Now I just need “Vagrant Story” and “Xenogears” to make me happy…

adribones said:

June 11th, 1:36 pm

told you it was coming out E3 week:)

Blakkternalx520 said:

June 11th, 2:16 pm

I never got a chance to play this one so im for sure going to pick this up. thanks for bringing this sony.kepp up the good work.

Detective-E said:

June 11th, 2:38 pm

This worth it? I’m thinking about getting it now.

KevCity89 said:

June 11th, 3:09 pm

I saw this coming, they did this last year at E3 for Final Fantasy 7. Now this year, they did it for Final Fantasy 9 prior to E3. Still, happy that it’s this Tuesday. Can’t wait, :)

midnightshade said:

June 11th, 4:49 pm

Thank you!!

Its the only FF game I haven’t played! DW1 and FF1 were my first rpgs back in the 80’s. I love these games.

But please, if you like getting paid, release these games as well, Square Enix:
Vagrant Story
Final Fantasy, Origins, Chronicles, Anthology
Ehrgeiz: God Bless the Ring
Einhander
SaGa Frontier
SaGa Frontier 2
Xenogears

And for Sony heres some more that need to come over:
Alundra 1 and 2
Vandel Hearts 1 and 2
Persona 2: Eternal Punishment
Threads of Fate
Thousand Arms
Valkyrie Profile
Vanguard Bandits

I owned most of these (and non rpg games I would run out of room posting the games I want to buy. You see I sold my entire collection years ago of ps1 games to pay the rent. I want them back , but want to play them on my psp. Please release them!! I will buy everyone of them!!! :)

dablemont said:

June 11th, 6:21 pm

May Xenogears be the next one. Please, oh please!

elliotcc said:

June 11th, 7:47 pm

That’s amazing news. Now if someone can get Chrono Cross up on the store I’ll be happy for the rest of the year.

Peytral said:

June 11th, 8:21 pm

Bring Legend of Dragoon to PSN now!!

angelusrage65 said:

June 11th, 10:13 pm

When is this going to be released in the Mexican PSN Store?

Alpha_Angel_MaxX said:

June 12th, 12:44 pm

Nice hopefully this Tuesday ill finally see Naruto ultimate ninja hero 3 as well! Sony please don’t forget about the GO owners.

Daquine said:

June 12th, 10:23 pm

This is nice. It’s coming out on my birthday and I can assure you I’m gettin’ this baby.

gillz28 said:

June 13th, 1:44 pm

i wish they would make some more FF games 4 PsP

ghadsirvicious said:

June 14th, 11:07 am

Maybe Sony staggers these big psn releases to different regions so the worldwide FF fans won’t overwhelm their servers. Just a thought. Thank you for FFIX.

Vuuro said:

June 14th, 1:39 pm

-vomits from gratuitous amounts of excitement-

Finally, FINALLY!! This game was the only reason I went out and bought a new memory stick…Though I wasn’t happy with the wait, I know the delay could have been A LOT longer.

Can’ wait to buy this game tomorrow. <333 (Hopefully I can actually finish the game this time! I've been through three copies of FF IX for the PS1, and EVERY TIME, the game has been lost due to ridiculous circumstances)

shades909 said:

June 14th, 5:40 pm

Finally i’m so gonna buy it as soon it’s released tommorow.

DialingCar said:

June 14th, 10:14 pm

im countin down the time….they usually update mid afternoon on tuesday’s…

Professor_Otaku said:

June 15th, 12:06 am

Well??? It’s Tuesday… where’s FFIX??!! Don’t let us down, Sony!!!

Shadowcoil22 said:

June 15th, 1:02 am

damn at least give us a time, at work and im so bored

TrueProphecy said:

June 15th, 1:38 am

Yes, yes, yes!! Big love!

camwildkat said:

June 15th, 6:03 am

i still dont see final fansty 9 on psn yet

Spank_Me_Monkeyy said:

June 15th, 6:55 am

Well…its tuesday…still not on psn. /cry

hyperbrett94 said:

June 15th, 6:58 am

not until this afternoon?! I was up till twelve waiting for it! >:(

CrazyTacoEater said:

June 15th, 7:02 am

nice! lemme try that!

Professor_Otaku said:

June 15th, 7:16 am

Ok, Sony. We all waited until the morning of the 15th. Now where the HELL is FFIX??!! You guys are gonna have a riot on your hands if you don’t deliver FFIX soon!!!! >:O

timeiskey said:

June 15th, 7:37 am

Its Tuesday… where is it? :O :'(

PhoenixDown77 said:

June 15th, 9:14 am

I agree. It says that the release date was today (June 15, 2010) but Final Fantasy IX is nowhere to be found on the PSN store. Do we have to wait until a certain time so we can find it in the store? I’ve been waiting for a long time to have this game on my PSP (I have the original one), and now that it says that it has been released, I can’t download it because its not there. Next time, please leave a time so we don’t waste ours waiting.

PPFabian said: