God of War

Jun 10

Jun 10

MLB 10 The Show Pitches In To Support “Stand Up To Cancer”

Eric Levine's Avatar Posted by SCEA PR Manager

Baseball fans —

As we approach the MLB All-Star break, I’d like to tell you all about an important partnership that SCEA is involved in this summer. We are teaming up with Stand Up To Cancer (SU2C) and Major League Baseball (MLB) to aid in the fight against cancer. Beginning June 13 through July 10, for every copy of MLB 10 The Show purchased for PS3 in US retail stores, SCEA will donate $10 of its proceeds to SU2C to fuel research centered on getting new treatments to patients quickly and saving lives.

With Father’s Day approaching in just over a week, MLB 10 The Show provides the perfect gift for the baseball fanatic dad in your family. Not only will fans get the most authentic and realistic sports game around, but it will also allow them to join the ever-growing SU2C community to raise awareness and support for cancer research. Major League Baseball is a founding partner of SU2C and has been continuing to support in the years since. We’re thrilled to join them in this fight and hope we can inspire others in the industry to do the same.

Welcome to The Show!

Add Your Own

TERWALLACE said:

June 10th, 7:22 am

This is pretty good stuff. Normally when you see something like this it’s only a few bucks here and there, but this amounts to roughly 1/6 of the retail price going to cancer research.

Impressive. Keep up the good work guys!

LukaX23 said:

June 10th, 7:23 am

I’m proud of you guys.

FriedConsole said:

June 10th, 7:59 am

I tried playing the demo of The Show but I didn’t understand what was going on. The game looks awesome but a training mode in the demo would have helped. Last baseball game I played was R.B.I Baseball on NES.

The-Devils-Dance said:

June 10th, 8:26 am

Yea i agree, looks awesome but could not get the hang of it.

connvict72 said:

June 10th, 8:39 am

love the game…i noticed that the blue wristbands for fathers day (prostate cancer awareness) are in the game, but why not the pink bats for mothers day (breast cancer awareness)?…hope you get a lot of sales for this great cause

Eric Levine's Avatar

Eric Levine said:

June 11th, 11:48 am

we actually have pink bats in the game as well!

KiLLeRJuaN420 said:

June 10th, 8:56 am

Awesome guys going to go buy it on Monday

Ftwrthtx said:

June 10th, 8:58 am

Great game and a great partnership. Kudos to SCEA.

Adamu_Kuezada said:

June 10th, 9:35 am

I might actually pick this game up now. Awesome stuff guys.

DarkOne_PR said:

June 10th, 9:36 am

E3 its near sony…. what do u have in ur sleeves? i hope something big….. (FF7 remake)…..

The1stMJC said:

June 10th, 1:22 pm

@connvict72 actually I am pretty sure they do have the pink bats in the game I have seen them before.

Also I hope this sells a lot more copies not only because it is the best sports game on the market but because of the great cause

niked said:

June 10th, 4:00 pm

This game should be released outside the US borders. get it to Europe!

BTW. I hope SONY get allot of TV spot for this game. It is incredible and deserves allot of sales!

mp42 said:

June 17th, 11:25 am

Hey San Diego Studio, i was woundering if u guys could give us the buyers a different pitching mechanic option. I say this simply because when im playing 2Ks game and im pitching, i actually feel like im more into the game. I get excited when im pitching going into the next inning after i stuckout or something and i look forward to pitching. I dont mean to be rude or anything because The Show just simply has the Best gameplay hands down.. But when im playing The Show and i come up to pitch, i just feel like i hav to , i dont get the same excitement with the pitching mechanic in The Show as i do with 2K10, right now. The only thing now in my mine that 2K has on u guys right now is an interesting flowing pitching mechanic. Thats it. U guys can and all ready hav takin this industry. But ur not changing much right now, and u can lose ur market if u keep everything the same and some what boring. Thanks for everything, but sometimes u hav to change it up a bit. And im not talking about PS Move, im talkin about this 4 the people with the sixaxis who might not want the Move or cant buy it at the time. Do something different for them.