Spider-Man PS4

Jun 10

Jun 10

Toy Story 3 hits PS3 June 15th: It’s All About Zurg

John Day's Avatar Posted by Producer, Toy Story 3: The Video Game

Hi everybody! It’s John Day from Avalanche Software, the developer behind the upcoming Toy Story 3 video game. The game comes out in less than a week, and we can’t wait for you all to get your hands on it. Developing this game was an extraordinary experience and a whole lot of fun. Working closely with Pixar and in the Toy Story universe was an exciting opportunity, and we could not be happier with how the game turned out.

Back in April, we announced here that you can play as Buzz Lightyear’s arch-nemesis Zurg only on the PlayStation 3. Despite being in Toy Story 2 for only a few minutes, he is our favorite character — we’re excited to have him in the game for you to experience and enjoy! And today I wanted to share some more details on what you can expect when you pop in your PS3 copy of Toy Story 3: The Video Game and unlock the evil Emperor Zurg.

Zurg is quite a bit different from our other playable characters, which allowed us to create some fun things to do specifically as Zurg in Toy Box Mode. He’s the only character with a cannon, and his move set is completely different from our other playable characters. He has many of his own missions, and he even has his own vehicle — the Zurgmobile — complete with hood-mounted cannon. My favorite Zurg pastime is just running around the Toy Box and blasting the townspeople. His evil laugh is great too…MUAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Check out our new video (above) on how playable Zurg came together for the PS3. Then, play as Zurg yourself when the game releases on June 15th.

Add Your Own

Top-Bandit said:

June 10th, 12:19 pm

nice ps3 exclusive. look forward to playing as him. i never watch cartoon/animated films anymore but I’ll always have a soft spot for toy story, i grew up watching it.

GoodFella2487 said:

June 10th, 12:25 pm

Best movie game ever?

John Day's Avatar

John Day said:

June 14th, 11:10 am

Indeed!

Gunwing said:

June 10th, 12:33 pm

Now with this, Red Dead Redeption, Lost Planet 2, and even other developers getting into the act of truly supporting the PS3. (Batman also comes to mind) Not just with exclusive DLC but also by adding more stuff into the game that would not fit into other platforms. (See NCAA 2010, and UFC 2010 they both are giving the PS3 extra content some times new people or teams to play as other times even more docs, and game modes to watch.)

For once developers are useing the extra space on Blu-ray. I can’t wait to see what Transformers War For Cybertron dose for PS3…….. Should be cool as Hasbro loves gamers!

sfgdfds said:

June 10th, 12:35 pm

is it me or did I already see that video before?

plaztiksyke said:

June 10th, 12:38 pm

Do we get to hear the Toy Story 3 score/soundtrack in HD audio? This is the one thing I wish more games would take advantage of, as this quality is unique to the PS3.

drepsx3 said:

June 10th, 12:42 pm

Will this be on PSN for PSP Go owners on tuesday?

footballrule said:

June 10th, 12:45 pm

Will this game be a $59.99 game? Also, will it be on PSN Tuesday?

Thanka! :)

RLWII said:

June 10th, 12:58 pm

I always hated being against that guy. Now I can become him? So satisfying

Gunwing said:

June 10th, 1:05 pm

Now I want This dev team to do a Buzz lightyear video game with these graphics, just all the cool stuff from the cartoon show instead. IE Buzzes laser blaster, is rifle, and all the cool aliens he ran into made friends with, and all the times he and Durge fought hardcore style would be sweet.

(Without the massive blood and gore mind you….. Kids stuff please!)

John Day's Avatar

John Day said:

June 14th, 11:11 am

If you remember the opening sequence from toy story 2, where rex is playing the buzz lightyear video game, we’ve recreated the sequence, and added a whole lot to it as well in the game. You can use buzz’ jetpack, laser, and more.

arnoldmcguire335 said:

June 10th, 1:32 pm

This even makes want to buy this one.

I approve of Zurg in this version, but it would have been cool to add him on the PSP version too.

Ikillshy1 said:

June 10th, 1:43 pm

Guys does anyone know what’s going on with the playstation store? I’m still having trouble accessing it from both my PSP and PS3. Scheduled Maintenance is over? any ideas. Thank you.

evilpizzacandy said:

June 10th, 2:31 pm

@footballrule not 59.99$ 49.99$ :) and a free ticket to the movie with purchase http://www.gamestop.com/Catalog/ProductDetails.aspx?product_id=77115&loc=ps3slider1

wolfzero1 said:

June 10th, 4:03 pm

looking forward to this game, & Zurg is looks like a blast to play with. I love the where you going square person quote he says

Ikillshy1 said:

June 10th, 4:24 pm

well guys it’s been fun but I’m thinking about selling my PS3 tired of all the PSN errors, Store errors, and most of all nobody from Sony telling us what is freakin going on. No info posted for all of those that are having trouble accessing Playstation store on both the ps3 and psp. BTW This company that’s releasing this game don’t put up addons or the actual game on PSN because ppl Probably won’t even be able to download anything.

gold5225 said:

June 10th, 5:59 pm

@14 You must have some weird problems specific to you because none of that has ever happened to me.

R3Dsuave said:

June 11th, 12:44 am

I sure do miss my child hood *sigh* but this is great

Midgetguy said:

June 11th, 8:06 am

Usually I stay VERY far away from Movie-games… but, I’m honestly really psyched for this one!

It looks like a ton of fun to just mess around with! And, that in itself is a GREAT accomplishment!

I’m going to pick this game up as soon as I can! ^_^

BlaqueEssence said:

June 11th, 9:51 am

I have already preordered my copy! It will be on on Tuesday! Eeeeee! I am so excited! Though, I wish you could make yourself as a toy and customize yourself. Now, THAT would be have been really cool!

Enkei-Xpress said:

June 11th, 4:42 pm

I must ask.. Why is he only available in the PS3 version?

John Day's Avatar

John Day said:

June 14th, 11:13 am

Sony and Disney interactive came to an agreement over that.

SuperSonic1305 said:

June 12th, 4:10 pm

This video was already posted before. I had a major case of Deja vu reading the post and I had to double check the date to make sure I wasn’t reading a weeks old post

terrasnet said:

June 13th, 5:01 pm

i love ps1 toy story 2 i hope this will be better

Azurium said:

June 17th, 8:05 am

hi guys i have a question: will there be any pre-order gifts for the game? please reply :)
don’t know whether i should wait for it being less expensive or if i should pre-order. the goodies would definately get me on the pre-order side.
thanks in advance!

JTDinthehouse said:

June 30th, 12:14 am

I went and seen the movie and it was EXCELLENT!!!! and i went to BIG W and saw toy story 3 for PS3 then i snatched it right off the shelf and bought it hoping to play it at home but im grounded off my ps3 :( i really want to play it soooo bad but i cant play it… it looks like the best game in the world!!!!! and it has good reviews im wondering if the game is as good as everyone says it is :) i know it will be cause toy story has always been good and iv been watching it since i was 4 years old and im 13 now and i cant get enough of it.