Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Jun 25

Jun 25

LittleBigPlanet Community Update

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

GI-MUNGOUS update for you guys today…so lets get right to it.

LBP What's New

Alex Evans REMIX’d

A few weeks back, during the Mm Community Jam, Alex, myself and the rest of the Mm team stayed up all night with our super-users. And when you combine no sleep + coffee / energy drinks / both with fun, creative minds and lots of laughter ensues. Particularly at my expense, as they found out I was the Marketing Manager for Genji: Days of the Blade. From then it was nonstop Genji talk, ending in a brilliant auto-tuned song dedicated to me, with brilliant lyrics and chorus of “Massive Damage” / “Giant Crabs”. Payback time…

New on the PlayStation Store

Marvel Costume packs and Level Kit coming July 7th!!!

poster-layer-08-shadowed

Hey, True Believers! Coming soon to the PlayStation Store will be a whole series of official Marvel comic Super Hero and Super Villain costumes for your Sackboys and Sackgirls. Starting July 7th and every other week following, we’ll introduce four different Marvel Costume Packs, each with five different costumes depicting Marvel’s mightiest Super Heroes and most dreaded Super Villains. Starting Monday, Marvel.com will unveil the glorious details for each costume. But for now, here’s the full list to let your imagination run wild…

• Captain America
  • Spider-Man
  • Storm
  • The Thing
  • Thor
  • Venom
  • Wolverine

Plus, we’re also unveiling a spectacular Marvel Level Kit, which includes a four levels of adventure against the evil plans of Magneto. And of course, while you play through the levels, you’ll collect a huge assortment of Marvel-themed music , objects , materials , stickers , and a special “Rooftop” background to help you CREATE your own dastardly levels. Stay tuned to more details on the Marvel Level Kit next week. Till then…

Make mine Marvel.

More DLC for LBP Fans!
Apart from the BIG Marvel news, several other LBP-esque items have hit the store for all you hungry for more Sackboy DLC

LBP “Soccer fan” Avatars (PSN)

LBP World Cup England Avatar LBP World Cup Mexico Avatar

LBP World Cup Argentina Avatar LBP World Cup Japan Avatar

LBP World Cup United States Avatar

Show your team pride with these new PSN Avatars. ($.49 ea)

Solstice Costume (PS3)

LittleBigPlanet AddOn - Summer Solstice Costume

Be sure to grab this limited timed release, this week – includes the longest beard in gaming history (FREE)

Unidentified Sacking Objects Costume + Level Pack (PSP)

LBP USO costume Addon LBP USOpack Addon

Aliens have landed! Download the Costume (FREE) and have an out-of-this-world time with the Level Pack ($2.99)

Heavy Rain costumes (PS3)

LBP HR Thriller Costume Pack

Dramatic – check. Mysterious – check. Sackful of costumes – Check. Check out the collection of Heavy Rain costumes ($5.99 or $1.99 each)

for the weekend

LittleBigChallenge

LittleBigPlanet AddOn - Competition Prize

We enjoyed the Alex Evans Remix so much we want to see what you can do. So here’s the challenge: take any LBP2 interview(s) from this months E3 coverage and remix it – then take your video and add it to a response to our YouTube video channel page. If it catches our eye/ear, we’ll hand out a few of the Rare Prize Crowns for your efforts.

Kids Competition EXTENDED

LittleBigPlanet - Game Changers Kid Competition

With summer here and lots of extra time on a lot of kids’ hands, our friends at the MacArthur Foundation has extended the LBP level design kids competition over the summer. Here’s your chance to win a new PSP. Click over for more detail.

More LBP shirts on its way to Hot Topic

LBP_Hot_Topic_Shirts

Just found out that these two shirts will be available in-store for our fans. Be sure to check out your nearest Hot Topic on 6/28. Last we heard, previous shirts at Hot Topic sold out uber-fast, so make sure you get there before they’re out.

Add Your Own

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

June 25th, 4:53 pm

If that’s really a whole level pack like Pirates and MGS, I will buy it along with Spidey & Venom. If it’s some kind of plain level like Incredibles looked like, I’ll skip it.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

June 26th, 4:53 am

Stay tuned next week. You’ll get more info on the pack and you can make a decision then

Impact09 said:

June 25th, 4:54 pm

This is great!!! It’s clobbering time!!!

plaztiksyke said:

June 25th, 4:56 pm

What about Angel? It would be awesome for the costume to have wings that expand/flutter when falling!

A Professor Xavier costume with a wheelchair would also be really cool. Seeing a handicapped sackboy hop around and be active would be really inclusive for people who are wheelchair-bound!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

June 26th, 4:55 am

Interesting POV on other potential characters, not named Deadpool.

MLZ911 said:

June 25th, 5:16 pm

trophies for the level pack i hope?

Hunter_xx_ said:

June 25th, 5:29 pm

what about that Sephiroth costume??, we will ever see it before LBP2 gets released??

ZombieSamura1 said:

June 25th, 6:04 pm

Are those LBP t-shirts going to be available on hottopic.com as well?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

June 26th, 4:55 am

I believe so. I’ll check.

Emperor_Weird83 said:

June 25th, 6:26 pm

Will there be a Deadpool costume eventually?

Teepo_64 said:

June 25th, 6:28 pm

When are those owed the LittleBigPlanet PSP Launch Cap getting theirs? I’m one of them. I’m one of the many collectors, who will also be buying all these costumes. -_-;

BlackIceJoe said:

June 25th, 6:50 pm

I my self am more of a DC fan. So is there hope you can work with WB to bring DC costumes to LBP. I think bringing DC characters to LBP would be really cool. So I hope DC will be next.

Even though I am not the biggest fan of the Marvel universe I think it is great to see them come out on LBP. So it is great to see lots of great content still coming out for LBP. Thanks for the great support for LBP & I can’t wait to see what will be added to it next.

Teebonesy said:

June 25th, 6:58 pm

Excellent! Awesome to still see dedicated LBP posts on the blog. I’m also thinking that future press conferences should be accompanied with a live auto-tune operator. There’s nothing quite like learning new information whilst simultaneously “getting down”.

Also I just wanted to drop a link to a new video series we’re doing over at lbpcentral.com – The Creator Closeup: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yJNQRN6E_Go (this one’s hosted by myself).

If you’ve got room in a future blog update and you think it’s appropriate, we’d love a blurb! Anyway, take a look, hopefully you’ll enjoy the unhinged maniacry on display.

Batman4057 said:

June 25th, 7:20 pm

This is cool and all, but I only like Punisher, Spider-man, and Hulk from Marvel. Can y’all please sign a deal with DC Comics(my favorite comic book company) as well. I would love to have the big three characters Batman, Superman, and Wonder Woman as well as the other Dc characters lol

GMWarriorX said:

June 25th, 8:07 pm

Somehow this feels like….old news, considering people probably made their own custom Marvel costumes months ago. Does this at least carry over into Little Big Planet 2?

Well its beautiful how a $60 game purchase turns into a $200 investment after all the add-ons and DLC.

Tridon said:

June 25th, 8:08 pm

@ Mark

Sorry for making you second guess yourself, man. I’m just SO happy this is finally here. One question, though; any chance you can sweet-talk MM into one more character: Cyclops. I’ll pay $5 just for him. Tell me Sackboy wouldn’t look sweet with Cyke’s visor. Oh, well — at least I can finally play as WOLVERSACK!

NeoGuardian86 said:

June 25th, 8:20 pm

bring it on!

already got Little Big Planet 2 pre-ordered…

S-E-G said:

June 25th, 8:21 pm

can you put that song up on psn for us to download lol

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

June 26th, 4:57 am

Working on it. Heard some requests for a ring tone too. We may have to oblige.

goatowski said:

June 25th, 8:34 pm

Need these on Modnation. Please.

John1192 said:

June 25th, 8:35 pm

ooooo,im so getting this thats for damn sure

bakenzaki said:

June 25th, 8:38 pm

Why don’t the people with lbp psp get any awesome dlc. I always feel like we get the ps3’s scraps. Don’t get me wrong I love lbp psp and ps3. But I need dlc I can sink my teeth into, not put up with just because it’s all I get. You don’t have to give the psp the best dlc but give us some of the older stuff(sephiroth(?), snake, ezio etc.) along with the new one’s that come out. I’m so tired of getting the most random dlc. And also( please forgive the fact that a sentence with “and”) what about the pre order bonus, when Is that coming to the store. I tried my best not to rant and don’t think I don’t appreciate the game and the dlc but please give me a reason the want to play lbppsp longer that ten mins. Thank you.

VixDiesel said:

June 25th, 8:46 pm

Holy crap, we’re getting new levels? Good god, it may snow in june/july.

About time and where’s sephiroth??

Stealthur said:

June 25th, 9:01 pm

Marvel? That’s great! It’s about time!

Now, Mark… what can you tell us about the possibility of being the GODDAMN BATMAN in the future? That’s a dream come true.

Stealthur said:

June 25th, 9:10 pm

And… dang. I thought the team jerseys were DLC addons. Disappointed they’re only avatars :(

DJ_DTM said:

June 25th, 9:12 pm

Guys seriously, fix the cool levels hacker problem, that alone is killing LBP, :(

ArmoredAce said:

June 25th, 9:12 pm

“HUMONGOUSAURUS REX HUGE update for you guys today…so lets get right to it.” that would’ve been awesomer.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

June 26th, 5:00 am

Sounds like you’re channeling energy from our own Kevin Butler.

IceCreamBandit said:

June 25th, 9:59 pm

I buy enough comics every month that my shop gives me 20% off of everything….and they’re ALL Marvel.

July 7th is mine and my wife’s anniversary. (how’d ya know?!O__O)

Thank you so much for making this just for me!!!

MAKE MINE MEDIA MARVELCULE!!!
(yeah, that was really corny, but you LOL’d)

EXCELSIOR!!!

IceCreamBandit said:

June 25th, 10:02 pm

P.s….everyone, they already did a deal with DC…it was called the Watchmen pack XD

otherwise….
DC = Don’t Care

DarkOne_PR said:

June 26th, 2:11 am

OMG heres my chance to ask! PLS ANSWER!!!
When its Sephiroth Sackboy will be able to download!!!?? that was announced like 2-3 years ago and nothing its being told about it! WTF with that? Or…. maybe sony its waiting for some unexpected announcement at TGS, *cough* FF7 remake *Cough* so u guys can announce Sephiroth SackBoy as a celebration for FF7? HUMMMM????
Anyways TELL ME SOMETHING.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

June 26th, 5:04 am

Sorry, I don’t have ALL the answers, but since you ALL CAPS’d – I felt compelled to say something…

BalramRules said:

June 26th, 5:57 am

does marvel just love sony or wat?

KAPADO said:

June 26th, 6:00 am

OMG you guys are going to cake up in dough with this Marvel LBP costumes.

Berae said:

June 26th, 6:21 am

New Levels? Very nice thanks

surgesnugs said:

June 26th, 7:52 am

Why leave out the fourth member of the Fantastic Four?

xiked said:

June 26th, 8:04 am

Were is Disney super heroes costumes and levels? Only Pirates of the Caribbean has been made from the E3 reveal last year…? Any comments on this?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

June 26th, 9:50 am

Don’t forget about the Incredibles pack. How’s that for a comment?

jncasanova said:

June 26th, 9:13 am

Will the Marvel level kit have trophies like the MGS and Pirates of the Caribbean level packs??

How can I make autotune songs?? Which software??

mrdeadhead said:

June 26th, 10:07 am

all of that looks great except for Hot Topic.

ewwwwwwwwwww.

bakenzaki said:

June 26th, 10:07 am

Mark please give feedback to my previous post

Syroc said:

June 26th, 10:30 am

Making fun of GIANT ENEMY CRABS is such a childish thing to do.

:o)

mommymatters said:

June 26th, 10:40 am

is any of this for psp version

xKING-JOHNx said:

June 26th, 10:48 am

ok i like to start off saying ALEX EVANS ROCK’s hes my hero no joke :D he’s inspired me to become a game designer

i would like to ask about the crowns here’s your quote “Rare Prize Crowns for your efforts” you said for your efforts so do we get crowns just for doing an awsome job!!!??? :D thanks

DarkOne_PR said:

June 26th, 11:02 am

…………. That was simply not fair… but anyways, thanks for saying “something”…T__T

CervantesDL said:

June 26th, 11:05 am

So Mark, you’re a fan of deadpool too? It’s a shame there isn’t an official sackboy costume… Just will have to stick with my created costume.

Also I agree with DarkOne_PR. Sackiroth was announced before LBP1 was even released, and has yet to come out.

kingfoot said:

June 26th, 11:33 am

How long does it take to actually make the costumes? Like, man-hours wise. I’ve always wondered about the production time. And what’s abouts the entire timeline from the idea, to the gathering of the rights to release, the making of, and finally the release? Seems like if you had a dedicated team you could really churn out a lot of new and interesting costumes that don’t even have to be licensed. I would like to see more mythology type costumes!

Also, why can’t we have a PS3 controller in our sackboy hands!? Seems like that should have been an object from the very start, included in the game already!!

zahirani said:

June 26th, 11:55 am

just LBP: Game of the Year edition.
gameplay is fun and graphics is nice too!

let me know if any of u want to co-op!

psn id; zahirani

scareforce18 said:

June 26th, 3:09 pm

as long as there’s no Deadpool skin (worst comic book character ever)

SoraSackboy said:

June 26th, 3:21 pm

Sorry scarforce I got to disagree with you (not because he’s my favorite character) but because of almost every hero In the west coast avengers. Ever heard of big bertha, she’s one of the worst in my mind. Besides that I wanted to ask mark, do ukno if this was the only characters mm is gonna make ever or if the deal warrants more costumes later on.

Fusion_the_Cat said:

June 26th, 6:54 pm

Woah dang. That’s a lot of dudes…

falcon07elensar said:

June 26th, 7:00 pm

DOCTOR OTAGONAPUS BLAAAARRRRRGGGGGG

xsilentangel said:

June 26th, 8:23 pm

How long will the challenge last? I couldn’t find that unless it’s just over the summer in which case when does summer end?

Cool about the Marvel costumes, two days after my birthday ^-^. I shouldn’t have sold my GOTY copy, but Uncharted 2 was to appealing before I had online. I know what I want for my birthday now.

DPB123456 said:

June 27th, 6:15 pm

Dear game developers
Since you have created Marvel costumes for LBP, please also include DC comics characters!! And mabe a level pack PLEASE!!!

DPB123456 said:

June 27th, 6:22 pm

You also shud TOTALLY DO Fallout3 armour!!!!!! and levels.

fletchar2 said:

June 28th, 6:03 am

ok. some good costumes there, i’ll be sure to get some of em…
however, ‘Invisible Woman’?
don’t really know marvel too well, just heard of names like wolverine, hulk, spiderman, the main ones like..
surely, this costume has to be invisible? (i can only presume she’s invisible, would make sense)
how exactly are we gunna no where we are in a level or whether we’re inches away from falling into a pit of fire for example if we can’t see ourselves? or is that the challenge of it all?