Marvel's Spider-Man

Jul 06

Jul 06

Today on PSN: Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar Posted by Producer

Patapon fans, rejoice! Today is finally here (today being Tuesday, July 6th). In a few hours — as soon as the PlayStation Store refreshes all its content — you’ll be able to download the much-anticipated bite-sized summer snack known as the Patapon 3 Multiplayer Demo.

Patapon 3 logo

Are you ready to play to your heart’s content? Are you already tapping your feet/toes/fingers in sweet rhythmic anticipation? Yeah you are…

So here are the contents of this hypnotically musical multiplayer adventure (insert mood music):

• Ad-hoc and Infrastructure Multiplayer (1-8 players)
  • Co-op and Competitive (Capture the Flag) missions
  • Introduction of the New Super Hero Patapons
  • New Enemies
  • Intro to the Patapons’ new adventure

As mentioned before, this is a multiplayer demo, so you’ll need either an internet connection to fight along/against other players world-wide (that means around the world!) or four of your bestest local Patapon friends to enjoy this demo… and since it is free, there is no reason why your friends shouldn’t have a copy.

Add Your Own

DonnyG said:

July 6th, 1:58 pm

Nice!

srmej said:

July 6th, 2:04 pm

Will we see PATAPON for the ps3 please say yes

etrini said:

July 6th, 2:06 pm

If PATAPON 1 and 2 were on the psp why would Patapon 3 be on the ps3?

manobon said:

July 6th, 2:09 pm

I love it how both PSP & PS3 owners hate the system exclusive/PSN titles- “Where’s Castle Crashers/Shatter/Flower PSP!!!” “Where’s Patapon/Peace Walker/LocoRoco PS3!!!”

Can’t wait to download the demo!

(…Shatter PSP!)

xiked said:

July 6th, 2:13 pm

OMG!! Will buy day !

IM so glad that this game still is being made! Thank you SONY and I hope this game sell well! I need more patapon games!

Maby a PS3 version whit a touch of different gameplay style would be amazing!

julharry said:

July 6th, 2:14 pm

@42 It runs on Pacific Standard Time (GMT – 7). Can’t wait for this and hopefully Persona 3!

melanieyan said:

July 6th, 2:23 pm

when is the playstation update should be

melanieyan said:

July 6th, 2:24 pm

update sorry

AdnanTheKingAAA said:

July 6th, 2:30 pm

@56 thnks

F-minus said:

July 6th, 2:41 pm

AWESOME!!!

(**High Pitched Girly Scream**) :)

Elvick_ said:

July 6th, 2:46 pm

@54 Well, there is one Loco Roco on PS3. Doesn’t play like the PSP Loco Rocos though.

Gogo_ZvC said:

July 6th, 2:50 pm

Never played a Patapon game before, I’ll definitely check this demo out.

Jeigh said:

July 6th, 2:54 pm

So much animosity lately. Why doesn’t everyone just take a step back and breathe? Perhaps with a game of Patapon 3? Pata…pata..pata……pon!

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

David Bull said:

July 6th, 3:39 pm

I like the way you think, Jeigh!

piwakawaka said:

July 6th, 3:04 pm

Always nice to be directed to blocked videos because I’m not lucky enough to be born in the USA. Go Freedom.

akacash said:

July 6th, 3:13 pm

On the day that the long overdue Resurgence Map pack comes out they choose this as the headline here. im not a hardcore gamer by any means and actually i just bought the ps3 back in january becasue of mw2. i’ve really been nothing but let down ever since. this is the 2nd DLC package and again no updates, no time release, nothing. would it be that hard for them to just say he guys we’re expecting to get it up at such and such a time. xbox got theirs at like 8am on the 1st pack and noon on the next. that’s awesome and actually makes it fun but here we are after 6pm eastern and nothing yet. they shoulda just said july 7th nd released them early then or something. PS just has no brains when it comes to advertising at all really. they miss out on one huge opportunity after another and this “late afternoon” release just makes people more irritated. you think they would’ve learned that after the first DLC earlier this year but the fact that they haven’t only furthers my point. anyway i’m holding off hope but if i start to get the feeling this is how black ops is going to go also, sorry guys as much as i’ve always loved and supported the playstation, i’m buying a 360. get your [DELETED] together PSN

iTofuMan said:

July 6th, 3:20 pm

eh! i wasnt a fan of the first 2 games in my opinion they were dull boring and just too slow pasted.

but i may download the demo, but most likely wont get the full game.

but i know people like this game.

NoobHunter91 said:

July 6th, 3:27 pm

I never actually tried patapon… is it good? Oh yeah another question is it only for psp?

Chris Hinojosa-Miranda's Avatar

David Bull said:

July 6th, 3:40 pm

Yes, Patapon is only for PSP.

Why not download the demo from the PlayStation Store today and see if you like it?

trainsarecool said:

July 6th, 3:32 pm

Some People dont have PS3’s so maybe a version for both systems.

MzBubbleButt said:

July 6th, 3:38 pm

Playstation store doesn’t usually update til around 8:00pm eastern time. At least that’s when I can access the new content.

Konzen33 said:

July 6th, 3:43 pm

@Mz: Thats good to know. Thanks for sharing that. :3

Hm…I didn’t like the previous patapon games, but I may try this demo anyway. Who knows. Third time could be the charm.

jimmyfoxhound said:

July 6th, 3:51 pm

I dunno why I’m posting here because I have no complaints and I’m not freaking out about the store updating.. hmmm, oh yeah, I’m posting here because I FREAKING LOVE PATAPON!!! I can’t wait to play this! Thank you for the demo, really appreciate that!

JnF_Gho5t said:

July 6th, 3:53 pm

Damn, I thought it was for PS3 :(
Thanks anyway, have a great day

Venedas said:

July 6th, 3:55 pm

Does anyone know if the new LBP Marvel content is out today also?

stlcardinal9 said:

July 6th, 4:01 pm

update the store already!

mr_chun said:

July 6th, 4:04 pm

@65 lol calm down dude. The store updates at the same time every week, so this shouldn’t be a surprise.

xaos said:

July 6th, 4:08 pm

@75 No, there is variation of many hours in when the updates occur; I do kind of wish that they could at least tell us why it’s not at a fixed time each week. Most other online things of this sort have a set time they happen.

etrini said:

July 6th, 4:12 pm

Can everyone just wait
Give Playstation some time there is other stuff in that update other than the demo

kmcgee said:

July 6th, 4:13 pm

question…..WHY THE HELL WOULD U YOU IDIOTS WAIT TILL 8:00 AT NIGHT TO UPDATE THE STORE?

kmcgee said:

July 6th, 4:16 pm

it didnt take till 8:00 at night for me to get the stimulas pack.mabye think about doing a little earlier

Black_Ryuk said:

July 6th, 4:16 pm

Better question why would you all bother posting here…all the blog does is post post announcement from Sony and the developers..they don’t control the store.

And also i can’t wait for Patapon 3

DJ270 said:

July 6th, 4:21 pm

HOW ABOUT A SET TIME TO DO THE UPDATES? . AND I AGREE WITH AKACASH. THE MW2 MAP PACK IS MOST LIKELY WHAT EVERYONE IS WAITING ON. ITS BAD ENOUGH PS3 USERS GET DLC A MONTH LATER THEN XBOX. HOW ABOUT KEEP US UP TO DATE WITH EVERYTHING THATS SUPPOSE TO COME OUT. NOT JUST SOME STUPID DOWNLOADABLE GAMES. HOW ABOUT THE PEOPLE THAT SPEND 60 BUCKS FOR THE GAME AND THEN ADDITIONAL 15 FOR EACH ADD ON? PLAYSTATION SEEMS TO BE GOING DOWN HILL.

B-I-G-D said:

July 6th, 4:23 pm

update already the store always updates late as hell when somthing good is gonna be in it.

ProjectInfiniti said:

July 6th, 4:24 pm

@81
fail. they don’t set the price on the mw2 dlc, smart guy. go cry to activision about you paying $90 for a mediocre game. using caps won’t get you anywhere if you didn’t realize that. it makes you look like an idiot.

Guppy_Man7890 said:

July 6th, 4:29 pm

OMG! lol how much longer do we have to wait xD

“Patience is a virtue” HA NO lol

this is probably going to be the first demo in PSN History for the PSP to have multiplayer? If not please correct me

Anyways, Since it has multiplayer i bet its gonna be a BIG hit even if its a demo.

Someone please tell me when its gonna be released today! This demo is going to be the bomb!!

Darksol88 said:

July 6th, 4:29 pm

@81: Here’s a novel concept. How about calming down? MW2 is not the only thing most are waiting on, I assure you. Howso? Let’s see… at the very least, there’s people that are actually interested (gasp!) in this Patapon 3 demo. Others are more interested in other offerings this week, such as Persona 3 Portable (gasp again!). Yeah, the update’s later than normal fare, but get real. This hasn’t been the first time, nor will it be the last. I seem to recall one time where the PSN update was late by one day. It happens. Just get over it and move on. If you’re that upset over the DLC for your precious FPS, then either stick to a 360 or PC.

DJ270 said:

July 6th, 4:34 pm

@83 FAIL? DOESNT MATTER WHO SETS THE PRICE I DONT MIND PAYING IT BUT ATLEAST KEEP EVERYONE UPDATED ON ALL GAMES AND THERE SHOULD STILL HAVE A TIME THEY UPDATE THE STORE.PLUS THAT YOUR OPINION ON THE GAME I DONT CARE WHO LIKES OR DISLIKES THE GAME. ALSO I ALWAYS TYPE IN CAPS.

akacash said:

July 6th, 4:37 pm

@83 fail youself, you don’t think playstation sees any of that money huh? Activision and Infinity Ward don’t have any kind of revenue sharing? and the point is that this update has been coming for a month so i don’t want to hear about they have a lot to do. if they didn’t know this was coming that really shows how pathetic they’re becoming. If you read Robert Bowling’s twitter post you’ll see that neither of the production companies of this game have anything to do with the release time. It’s just horrible timing again. They could of hyped this up and even did some kind of midnight release or something and stirred up some good buzz, instead here we sit almost 8pm et now with nothing. Good Work PSN

trev456 said:

July 6th, 4:37 pm

Geez, why does Sony have to pick the day that the MW2 Map Pack releases to have a really late update? This gives us no time to play it today…it might as well come out tomorrow.

crowsticky1234 said:

July 6th, 4:38 pm

After playing Patapon 2, there’s no way going to forget this and how long does update comes. I’m here staring at my PSP and my computer at the same time waiting for this demo to come out.

LANfill said:

July 6th, 4:39 pm

@86 stop yelling or turn off caps lock. Your making yourself look dumb.

DaMann22 said:

July 6th, 4:39 pm

Relax guys, you dont have to flame the last blog post just because the store isnt up yet. Anyway, cant wait to play this demo. Im a hardcore patapon fan and im not afraid to admit it. Just hope theres some good players that will be online to play with otherwise im going to have to sucker my fiance to play with me again.

Maguss said:

July 6th, 4:41 pm

YES!!! I can’t wait I love anything Patapon!!

mafecto said:

July 6th, 4:41 pm

I’m usually pretty reserved, but this “no set time” for updates is rediculous.

Flip the g$%d@mn switch already.

ProjectInfiniti said:

July 6th, 4:41 pm

@87
“instead here we sit almost 8pm et now with nothing” – that right there. that’s your and a couple other’s problems. you sit there and wait. what, is there nothing else to do? seriously go find something to do to pass time instead of spamming F5.

akacash said:

July 6th, 4:41 pm

since i complained so much i will also try to be the 1st to let you know. the maps are NOW available. go to add-ons, then go to disc based add-ons, then click the little magnifying glass (search) and type in resurgence, it will then come up in the search. pz guyz see ya on there.

Oafking said:

July 6th, 4:41 pm

I’m very excited as well. I just hope my mom will pre-order the game for my birthday so I’ll get the extra missions when it’s delivered on November 4th.

Darksol88 said:

July 6th, 4:44 pm

I’m with 90. Quit while you’re ahead, before you make yourself look stupid to the rest of the blog. It doesn’t matter if you’re talking in all caps normally or not, since most everyone’s going to take it as yelling anyway.

Oafking said: