PlayStation VR

Jul 14

Jul 14

PlayStation minis: Over 1 Million Served

Susan Panico's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Network

Today we’re pleased to announce that our smallest downloadable games have passed a very big milestone: over 1 million minis have been downloaded worldwide.

minis hits 1 million downloads

The minis line launched 9 months ago as a quick-to-download, bite-sized experience perfect for on-the-go PlayStation Portable gaming. There are now over 85 titles available on the PlayStation Store, and most are now playable on the PlayStation 3 as well as PSP.

So which minis have been downloaded the most? Here are your top 10 most popular titles:

1. Age of Zombies
  2. Monopoly
  3. Fieldrunners
  4. Zombie Tycoon
  5. Bloons
  6. Spot The Differences!
  7. Pinball Fantasies
  8. Mahjongg Artifacts: Chapter 2
  9. Yetisports Pengu Throw
  10. Breakquest

Many more minis are on the way, including Pacman CE from Namco Bandai Networks, so keep your eye on the PlayStation Store. Congratulations to all of our minis developers (over 50 in all), here’s to another million downloads!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

kylexla2 said:

July 14th, 7:23 am

Monopolys awesome

megalodonshark said:

July 14th, 7:28 am

it is good to have alot of these smallish games. the price on most is fantastic and the games as a general rule are very fun and addictive.

NarcMonkey said:

July 14th, 7:31 am

man, you guys really don’t need to emphasize your McDonalds mentality towards gaming any more than you already do. >_>

Heisem said:

July 14th, 7:31 am

Age of Zombies is so awesome!

LokeSTL said:

July 14th, 7:33 am

Question: Are there any turn-based menu driven RPG Minis yet?

I’m looking for something like Breath of Death VII(a DQ clone) that showed up on XBL a couple months back. Any info is appreciated.

Fallen_Guardian said:

July 14th, 7:34 am

Thanks to PSN+ I have Age of Zombies and Fieldnrunners, both are great games that should be bought. The future of PS Minis looks bright with titles like “WHERE’S MY HEART?” and etc.

JetSetFuture said:

July 14th, 7:34 am

I got Age of Zombies and Fieldrunners as part of my Plus subscription, and I love them! I also dig Breakquest and the Hysteria Project. I’m looking forward to more Minis, particularly ones based on arcade classics or old-school console games.

Susan Panico's Avatar

Scott Hawkins said:

July 14th, 3:35 pm

We released three classic arcade games as Minis including:

Lock ‘n’ Chase
    Express Raider
    Burnin’ Rubber (aka “Bump ‘n’ Jump”)

We hope to bring more classics to Minis as well!!

Fallen_Guardian said:

July 14th, 7:36 am

I wish Sony would make Minis for their PS Franchises, like Ratchet and Clank, Sly cooper, LBP, and etc.

Ohh and the God of War mobile title could be turned into a PS Mini, that way more people could play the game :)

Razer922 said:

July 14th, 7:36 am

Planning on picking up Monopoly in the next day or two for a roadtrip on Friday.
And Pac-Man CE will be a mini? Awesome! I’m hoping it’ll be PS3/PSP and not just PSP only like Tetris, but I’m looking forward to it either way.

psyXcho said:

July 14th, 7:36 am

you forgot to mention that 500,000 of these were within the past two weeks by PS+ subscribers ;) I kid, congrats

xuipid said:

July 14th, 7:37 am

Kenshin71 said:

July 14th, 7:37 am

Not a mini but you should give a shout out to Hello Games too who recently revealed at the Develop conference they broke even on their first day of Joe Danger sales and passed 50,000 in a week. Nice little success story for them.

ProjectInfiniti said:

July 14th, 7:38 am

Free mini for everyone in celebration of 1 million? Do it! :D

Jeigh said:

July 14th, 7:38 am

I’d be interested to see what numbers Fieldrunners and Age of Zombies were at before PS+. All the same, they’re fun games, and AoZ had some hilarious moments.

@ NarcMonkey (3)

I’m not exactly sure how that tracks. In fact, I’d say that’s the exact opposite of the truth. PS3 exclusives aren’t ‘out the door as quickly as possible.’ They aren’t ‘rushed.’ In fact, PS3 exclusives have been shown to be of the highest quality. What the hell you’re talking about is beyond me, which leads me to believe you’re whining about something specific and trying to apply it to their entire business model.

zombie9 said:

July 14th, 7:49 am

Havent bought one yet LOL :)

But PAC-MAN The frist game I ever played back in 84 Those were the days. might have to pick that one up. :)

texas_ride said:

July 14th, 7:50 am

I have the two that were part of PS Plus, otherwise non of the Minis i got are on the list :( but i like the concept and the fact that they are playable on PS3. keep up the good work.

Destiny89 said:

July 14th, 7:58 am

I liked Fieldrunners

Jim777 said:

July 14th, 8:03 am

Congrats, keep pumping out good minis :)

sk8boardn8 said:

July 14th, 8:06 am

Congradulations Sony. im proud of you guys for being able to reach this milestone, but i have an issue to address, it seems that ur psn costumers, me included, are very disappointed that after 4years of asking for cross-game chat, you have failed to deliver. Its more like your avoiding the issue, and i would really respect you guys more if you just came out and said you couldn’t do it, rather then giving us the run around. because we believe it can be done. now i know probably nobody is going to listen to me being that you guys haven’t listened to us for 4years but i jus had to get my point across.

Ar4chNova89 said:

July 14th, 8:08 am

#19

Not as many people care about cross-game chat as you think.
Quit complaining.

subbed said:

July 14th, 8:09 am

Prices are often too high but keep them coming.

FriedConsole said:

July 14th, 8:10 am

So glad they mentioned Pacman CE!!! I was worried this game might be dead. It was announced like a year ago.

I love the mini platform. Please keep them coming!

Glad Fieldrunners and Age of Zombies are getting purchases.

People need to buy Blast Off, Freekscape, and Monsters (probably) Stole My Princess. They are awesome!

FredPunella said:

July 14th, 8:13 am

sk8boardn8 shut up.

Go back to your POS RRoDbox.

depward said:

July 14th, 8:24 am

Monsters (Probably) Stole My Princess was brilliant. Loved all of halfbrick’s minis as well.

krae_man said:

July 14th, 8:24 am

These would sell a lot better in an enviroment that didn’t top out at $40.

Lets Golf! ipod: $1.99(also has been put on sale for $0.99)

Lets Golf! PSP: $6.99(later dropped to $4.99)

Also wasn’t tetris $10 when it launched?

“We’re priced competetivly with the ipod touch” was the justification for the PSP Go’s $249 price tag. It would be nice if your software was also priced competetivly.

I’m tired of buying nothing for my PSP Go because everything is priced so out of whack. Please fix that.

ExPresident said:

July 14th, 8:27 am

Got Age of Zombies and Fieldrunners with my PSN+ subscription. I’d have never bought these games without that subscription and thats sad, cause both these titles are very enjoyable, especially for what they charge.

Tetris only works with PSP tho? I’d like to dl that one to play on my ps3 occassionally.

FriedConsole said:

July 14th, 8:32 am

@ #25 krae_man

I am OK with the iPhone/PSP price differences. I find that it is worth a little extra to play a game properly with real buttons.

David2Crazy said:

July 14th, 8:35 am

If they had trophies I would probably be more interested in buying more. So far the only ones I’ve downloaded are the ones that are free with Playstation Plus.

F-minus said:

July 14th, 8:35 am

THANK YOU SIR!!!…. May I have another?!

gameboy36 said:

July 14th, 8:45 am

Halfbrick deserves thank-you’s.

Theodore87 said:

July 14th, 8:48 am

Congratulations!

StealthReborn-- said:

July 14th, 8:54 am

Did I just read something about PacMan coming? I remember playing that arcade game at my dentist when I was a little kid! Looking forward to that game on PSN as a mini. :)

BlooodyCow said:

July 14th, 9:35 am

congrats to all the mini developers and I hope you guys break even at least on these mini.

bmate1990 said:

July 14th, 10:00 am

so what? I can’t get any of those games anyway

Lord_Rinja said:

July 14th, 10:09 am

I never really looked into Minis until recently when I went to the Playstation Home Minis Event. I like the way the games are presented and I wound up purchasing Hero of Sparta. Can you guys make the Minis Event a permanent part of Home rather then being a temporary area? If you used a format similar to the space right now plus added new Kiosks for the new Minis that come out on Tuesday, I’m sure you would increase your sales even further.

Since the Minis are a nice, small file size, they are perfect for downloading while you are in Playstation Home. I like the Home format because you feel more like you are in a store. It enhances the overall presentation and virtual shopping experience. I also like the way the space informs people about some facts about Minis that they may not know about.

tigown said:

July 14th, 10:13 am

Congrats guys, hope to see more great minis for PSN+

KazeEternal said:

July 14th, 10:23 am

not a surprise that Age of Zombies and Field Runners are in the top 3 since they were just offered for free to PS+ Subscribers lol.

Wipeoutt31 said:

July 14th, 10:26 am

Age of Zombies deserves a Game of the Year award.

BigBangBear said:

July 14th, 10:28 am

I have been really enjoying a lot of the PSN content in general. Have really enjoyed Age of Zombies, Cubixx, and Echoes which I bought. Now I have Fieldrunners with my PS+ subscription. All great games. Keep them coming.

DTXSFC said:

July 14th, 10:30 am

Can’t wait for Pac-Man CE. Hopefully Ms. Pac-Man will follow.

RDespair said:

July 14th, 10:54 am

Hi, this is Robert Boyd at Zeboyd Games (makers of the RPGs, Breath of Death VII and the upcoming Cthulhu Saves the World).

We’re just a small company without a lot of money so we went for the platform with the lowest barrier of entry (XBox Live Indie Games). However, if Sony wanted to help us out with a dev kit and funding, we would be more than happy to support the PSP Mini platform. If interested, I can be contacted at [DELETED]. Thanks.

Sindred said:

July 14th, 11:02 am

Hey guys, I dunno how much control you have of this, but I have an Iphone and some of the best games I have played on it could easily work as Minis (better with PSP controls in many cases) and are produced by Gameloft and Gamevil (one of which already produces for PSP and PS3), so what are the chances of getting games like Zenonia and Inotia as Minis?

Permafry_42 said:

July 14th, 11:03 am

i still love me some balloons =D (those that know the reference are full of complete and utter win.)

megamixer said:

July 14th, 11:17 am

I haven’t played a mini yet. The name “mini” alone repels me. And some of them cost as much as full fledged PSN games. It’s hard to take these things seriously… but that may just be me.

Hellman said:

July 14th, 12:22 pm

Jeff sony needs to see if developers are willing to add trophies because if they do I’ll buy alot of minis! :)

CDubyahS said:

July 14th, 12:23 pm

Thanks for adding #1 and #3 to my PLUS colllection!

poodude said:

July 14th, 12:50 pm

I’m a bit sad to see Freekscape isn’t up there :(.

tropicalskin said:

July 14th, 1:00 pm

Way to go Sony!

NotoriousGamer said:

July 14th, 2:06 pm

Can u move the mini saves menu option from the xmb to inside the PS3 save option sub menu???

KongWen said:

July 14th, 3:23 pm

It’s really too bad Tetris doesn’t work on PS3 yet. The main reason I bought it was because early press for the minis promised they would be playable on both systems. Alas. :(

PAGE 1 2