PlayStation VR

Jul 23

Jul 23

InFAMOUS 2 for PS3: New Comic-Con cutscene

Edward Pun's Avatar Posted by Senior Artist, Sucker Punch Productions

For all of our awesome fans who weren’t at Comic-Con this year, I’m excited to share the first look at the 2D cutscenes from inFAMOUS 2 we debuted yesterday night.

As senior artist on the title, I work with the art teams to help production run smoothly and tackle the huge task of drawing every frame of our graphic cut scenes. It’s time consuming and a lot of hard work but, in the end, I hope InFAMOUS 2 will reflect our love for comic books and give fans the experience of being a super powered hero. It means a lot to both me and the team to see all the love you have for InFAMOUS. In addition, we may have some Comic-Con panel highlights next week to share as well.

Before I forget, go and register on infamousthegame.com to receive an exclusive InFAMOUS 2 PS3 theme!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

korgon117 said:

July 23rd, 12:14 pm

Im very happy to hear the old design of Cole will return. At 1st I didn’t like the new voice actor but Im fine with him now. CANT WAIT! That comic book scene is very well done

Permafry_42 said:

July 23rd, 12:32 pm

where can i download this?

spatsnaz said:

July 23rd, 12:38 pm

That was awesome!

Zee_009 said:

July 23rd, 12:42 pm

They’re changing him back.Thank You. He was starting to look like obi-wan kenobi.

mew_frenger said:

July 23rd, 12:47 pm

looks fantastic,. glad u kept these cutscenes, they worked rly well in infamous…
still bummed its a new “actor” for cole visually and the voice, but theres no doubt, this looks to be an amazing title for the ps3

x-former said:

July 23rd, 1:00 pm

This game looks ace!!
And I guess i’m one of the few that actually likes the new voice actor??

Day one for me!!

Kchow23 said:

July 23rd, 1:08 pm

game looks awesome and I actually like the new voice actor

Marston43 said:

July 23rd, 1:10 pm

@56
You’re not the only one I don’t see why people are complaining about his new voice I think it’s great.

magneyoku said:

July 23rd, 1:10 pm

Wow, after all of the cursing in that cutscene, It only does… Family games. Hilarious.

guitain said:

July 23rd, 1:26 pm

I actually kinda like the new cole now! This trailer/teaser is awesome!

But… “It only does Family Games”? Wouldn’t really call infamous 2 a family game?

Enigma777 said:

July 23rd, 1:30 pm

Old Cole please! Also get rid of those awful tattoos!

BalramRules said:

July 23rd, 1:41 pm

Epic!
Thank god they changed cole a bit more like da old one, this new cole just didnt seem rite y’no =1

mcbuttz78 said:

July 23rd, 1:41 pm

your last name is Pun?? wow thats very cool.Btw the can you guys get ths is the psp comic store for download..:)

GRG89 said:

July 23rd, 2:01 pm

Glad to hear the old Cole is coming back. Better then the Drake look alike. An as for the new voice…not a big deal, but just dont make him sound too metro

Chuckbait said:

July 23rd, 2:06 pm

I hope they bring back the original voice actor (from the first) and the same character model.

Thank you.

D-Squad3 said:

July 23rd, 2:14 pm

I can’t wait to see some cinematic cutscenes!

OMGmyFACE said:

July 23rd, 2:17 pm

Even though I speak for the minority, I too wish for the new Cole. The old voice was just way too “I’m Solid Snake but not really, right? I’m cool, you guys.”

Jeigh said:

July 23rd, 2:58 pm

Change voice, old Cole, change bad, boycott, hellfire from skies, thanks and god-bless.

Jeigh said:

July 23rd, 2:59 pm

@ OMGmyFACE (66)

Solid Snake was a god among men.

ajritchie said:

July 23rd, 3:18 pm

A change in voice would have been acceptable and probably would have flown under the radar. It was the radical redesign of Cole’s and personality that was offending fans of the first game. Cole is not an X-Games happy surfer bro. He sees himself as at least partially responsible for the death of thousands, as well as the love of his life. He saw how dark he might become through Kessler’s actions.

Bottom line: the new look and personality was not a natural evolution for the character. I’m glad SuckerPunch listened to fan reaction and is bringing back a design consistent with Cole. If they want to offer the new design for people who don’t actually care about plot and character development, that’d be fine, too, but a waste of their resources.

ajritchie said:

July 23rd, 3:23 pm

Ok…watched the video. This Cole’s a d-bag. Unless this is an attempt to carry over the morality choice and say this is the voice of an “evil” save file, the new voice needs to be changed. I’m no prude, but the profanity here is just gratuitous and sounds like a 10-yr-old with a mic trying to sound cool while playing Modern Warfare 2. Total d-bag.

RevengerAD said:

July 23rd, 3:49 pm

Seriously old Cole looked like some street gang,without personality…Hope there will be skins choosing menu.

emiru69 said:

July 23rd, 3:51 pm

I didn’t care that much about the old Cole but I don’t know, it feels like Sucker Punch is trying to hard to make the new one tough.

FireDragonGod said:

July 23rd, 4:05 pm

YESSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSSS OLD COLE IS BACK INFAMOUS 2 I DEFIANTLY CANT WAIT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

wolfzero1 said:

July 23rd, 4:06 pm

I’m glad the comic style cutscenes are back & that they are going to make Cole look like he did in the first game. Is the voice the same from the first Infamous 2 trailer

I don’t think you can say the PS3 only does family game with all of the cursing in this trailer

clupula668 said:

July 23rd, 4:11 pm

Well, from what I am hearing about old Cole returning, I thank you, Sucker Punch, for getting away from that awful generic redesign you showed in the first trailers for Infamous 2. I don’t mind Cole growing some hair as long as he still has the same grit to his face and voice. This voice sounds closer to the original, so it’s a step in the right direction.

Thanks again for leaving that awful Nathan Drake-look alike design behind.

TM1619 said:

July 23rd, 4:44 pm

Once again, we can’t really tell his actual personality from this video. If I was narrating myself going into this hellish city, I’d be saying his words in the same tone. Old Cole cussed, why can’t new Cole? Just because he said three swear words in one cutscene doesn’t mean he’ll do it all the time.

It’s great to hear that they’ll be re-designing Cole so he’ll look a bit like himself from the first game. We need relation to the first. In the cutscene, we even see old Cole from “Four years ago”. That probably means they were going for the change.

The voice is of course not perfect, but close enough the Jason Cottle. Take out the grittiness and walla – it’s the new voice. Not bad, and I’ll accept it more if they come up with a valid reason.

Glad they aren’t ditching the comic cutscenes. They are brilliant. Can’t wait for this game.

XxNo0b_H8rxX said:

July 23rd, 5:07 pm

HURRAY FOR OLD COLE BACK…. PLEASE GET THE ORIGINAL VOICE ACTOR!!!

OttoT said:

July 23rd, 5:21 pm

I hate 2D cutscenes, they pull me out of the story.
It´s the reason I´m not going to buy it.

GiorgiPorgie said:

July 23rd, 6:28 pm

Love it. These cutscenes were one of my favorite parts of the first game, and they’re looking as good as ever.

And the new voice is actually growing on me. I trust Sucker Punch to knock it out of the park, regardless of everyone’s little quibbles thus far.

twistedfloyd said:

July 23rd, 6:37 pm

Looks incredibly bad [DELETED]. Great work! Loved the first game, and this is shaping up to be incredible. Also heard that Cole is going to go back to the way he used to look, or something that resembles that! Thanks for listening! I can’t wait for this game. Art work is masterfully done, sir! Great job!!!!!!

Aubutron said:

July 23rd, 6:39 pm

Cole’s new voice is terrible, they deffinitly need his old voice back.

mafecto said:

July 23rd, 7:17 pm

New Voice = good

Old (but refreshed in some way) Cole = good

Sucker Punch = Awesome

Thanks! And PLEASE KEEP THE TUNING FORK WEAPON! Looks awesome.

Fenris007 said:

July 23rd, 10:21 pm

Everytime they change something in the game it’s going to cost both TIME and MONEY. Voice actors don’t work for free and the New vioce actor was Motion captured as well costing even more time and money. The ingame comic panels take time to draw and animate so if they have to trash them and rush out some new ones to match the new character model you can be sure the level of quality will drop.

Exactly how much are you guys expecting them to spend on this game?

I remember people saying the same stuff about Resistance forcing Insomniac to turn a game with a unique vioce and style into a generic CoD clone to hopefully get better reviews and sales. Sure R2 got better reviews then R:Fom but it had no soul and the fans could tell. Resistance Retribution did everything R2 set out to do while maintaining the look and feel of the original game yet was made by the Syphon Filter guys so you have to wonderif they could do a great Resistance sequel why couldn’t Insomniac?

There’s a time to listen to your fans and a time to stick to your guns

clupula668 said:

July 23rd, 11:56 pm

And this was time to listen to the fans.

CantaloupeKing said:

July 24th, 1:09 am

@42 I think the ‘pure’ they’re referencing is about people with superpowers. people with super power are not pure.

Noaxzl said:

July 24th, 5:09 am

The trailer looks pretty cool. The new voice for Cole sounds better than in inFamous 1. Just don’t make it as gruff and gravely as the first game, though. I don’t know about the rest of you, but I wasn’t a big fan of having to listen to someone who sounded like he’d been smoking for the past 5 years.

Lucky13X said:

July 24th, 5:34 am

Why y’all always gotta go after them darn rednecks?

Can’t y’all leave us southern states alone. What hav we dun to yar fellas lately to deserv dis?

Darn yankies. :-D

salar_teymourii_ said:

July 24th, 1:40 pm

is that right they are bringing old cole back????????????it’s good but like the new cole and his new voice and power

MarcusSalad said:

July 24th, 7:43 pm

I like Infamous. i beat it and i cant wait until the sequel, infamous 2 comes out!

ImBakinBacon said:

July 24th, 8:51 pm

This trailer looks amazing.

superoptimus said:

July 24th, 9:42 pm

I think that Coles new voice is pretty good. My only concern is he kinda sounds like a teenager. However… It’s great that he doesn’t sound lke he’s trying to impersonate Christian bale and Solid Snake.
Good job Sucker Punch for fixing the character design back to the good ‘ol Cole we all know and loved in inFAMOUS.

Mero84 said:

July 24th, 10:24 pm

PURE AWESOMENESS

cant wait for the game to be out.

sucker punch rocks

SWEET

Deathguise79 said:

July 25th, 6:53 am

oh cmon, how can they keep the title going after switching to a new voice actor for the first sequel? aside from that, the game looks like its gonna be awesome.

l3lackCalamity said:

July 25th, 7:25 pm

I for one like coles new cloths and voice. While it would be nice for his face to look similar to infamous 1 I love his new hair.

Infamous 1 was my first plat and you can beat on it that infamous 2 will be plat’d as well.

Shoku_Smurf said:

July 26th, 2:09 am

What’s wrong with police keeping their town nice? :P

I mean, it looks like they could all do with a little police brutality, followed by giving Cole absolutely everything in the entire world =D

Im glad they are putting Cole back to the way he was!

brawler0422 said:

July 27th, 7:27 pm

Im pretty sure that voice actor is Quinton Flynn (Or as other people know him the voice of Raiden From “metal gear solid”) Anyone else agree?

daryl24680 said:

July 29th, 5:10 pm

I personally like the new voice, it’s less gritty and more realistic instead of Solid Snake super soldier type gritty. Don’t really like that you’re giving him ice powers, would have just rather you stayed to lightning, unless you can do lightning/ice combos, then that would work great. I thought the original Cole was okay, the second was too Nathan Drake-esque, but the newest one is just epic, basically a combination of the 2 older Coles, and it works great! A pre-order game for me, if there’s a collector’s edition I’ll get that instead!

RedVanGhoul said:

August 9th, 8:35 am

Not sure about the new voice, but the cut scene definitely piques my interest! Good to see they kept the cut scenes pretty much the same as in the first, with the animated comic kind of feel. Really helped inFamous to stand out even more IMO…

djoboy said: