Farpoint

Aug 03

Aug 03

Pulse 8/3 Edition Now Available

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar Posted by Executive Producer, PlayStation Network

It’s been way too long since we posted on the PlayStation.Blog about each new edition of PULSE. Moving forward, we’re hoping to get the word out every couple of weeks when Christina and the crew publish another edition. The 8/3 edition hits the PlayStation Store later today in full HD or for your PSP. You can also watch a small version of this show right here and in the original programming section of PlayStation.com.

This edition includes details about the PlayStation Network Summer Sale with 50% off 15 popular titles, demos for Mafia II and Kane & Lynch 2: Dog Days, and the Top Ten game and movie downloads of July. As for new video releases, check out Kick-Ass, Repo Men, and Clash of the Titans.

We’re also firing up a mailbox for your questions, suggestions, and comments. Send us your PlayStation related questions and comments to pulse@playstation.sony.com and we just might answer your question on an upcoming edition.

Thanks for downloading and watching.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

remanutd5 said:

August 3rd, 7:09 am

love the show but i think it should be longer with more info on games , exclusive interviews from sony’s First Party Titles , exclusive news and more about playstation

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

August 3rd, 7:28 am

Thanks for the support, remanutd5. If you want more of a deep-dive into titles, consider checking out Qore, if you haven’t already.

Suicide_Surfer said:

August 3rd, 7:09 am

2nd nice

the_ghost__NL said:

August 3rd, 7:16 am

remanutd5 i’m totaly aggrre whit you

scorpio182 said:

August 3rd, 7:21 am

isnt thats what qore is for?

RoecraticA said:

August 3rd, 7:23 am

Cool,pulse is awesome.

joseph2411 said:

August 3rd, 7:26 am

Release the Kraken! lol

@1 @3 I agree on Pulse being longer with more info on game releases and news, about having interviews and more stuff on games that is why Qore is also available.

Does Repo Men have the same soundtrack from the Resident Evil Afterlife trailer or was i just imagining things?

G1283 said:

August 3rd, 7:32 am

alright! gigidy! so getting fat princess now that it has 4 player coop and plus the plus add on discount. its mine now! bring it. thx psn

TwinDad said:

August 3rd, 7:33 am

I like this show. It’s nice to get a quick look into what the PS Store will have available and what’s hot.

I don’t know what finally kicked Sony in the pants, but I love the feedback email. Listen to the people.

Enforcer_X said:

August 3rd, 7:37 am

Love Pulse!
I like the length it makes for a quick download, even at 1080p and covers a lot of things that interest me.
Keep up the good work!

odin_final said:

August 3rd, 7:45 am

thank you for a brief yet full of information pulse.
Great new edition, keep up the good work christina and the team behind the show of course ^_^.

krae_man said:

August 3rd, 7:49 am

Hi Kevin,

Is Episode 27 of Qore coming today or next week?

Are day one subscribers whose subscriptions expired with episode 26 going to be sent a discount offer by email again(hopefully for PSN Plus)?

monyking said:

August 3rd, 7:56 am

I like this. I think this is one of those perks for being part of the Network of Playstation fans.

madness23 said:

August 3rd, 8:03 am

Any chance ever Qore will be available through Remote Play?

poweredbyzen said:

August 3rd, 8:12 am

release the wallet! time to go spend money again! :D

lyfestory said:

August 3rd, 8:12 am

well, since my PS3 has died for a 2nd time, i think i have to watch Pulse here… cause i love this show… and Christina..: )

footballrule said:

August 3rd, 8:15 am

I like how this is acually free. I watch every episode in the Playstation Home theater since the episodes come in Home before the PS Store gets it.

nickjd331 said:

August 3rd, 8:17 am

I like watching Pulse every fortnight. However it would be nice to be able to use the EU store instead.

I realise that release dates differ across regions and that would make it rather difficult, but i’m sure something could be done. I don’t mean a whole different show etc; such as Qore/FirstPlay, but a unified show that shares features across regions, perhaps just leaving out bits that are irrelevant for the region.

Mies2000 said:

August 3rd, 8:23 am

Other great outfit, Other great episode!

If their are people out there, that haven’t been watching, you should be!

artform-fazeone said:

August 3rd, 8:28 am

Pulse is a wicked show… Hopefully we will see a full episode about playstation HOME on Pulse… The Pulse show gets a 11 out 10.. THE FAZEONES LOUNGE.. $_$

anotherdae said:

August 3rd, 8:47 am

Comment revise (doh):

I like having Pulse in the Home theater as well. Great place to see some new content every week. Maybe switch up the host every now and then like G4 does.

Vote for me for The Tester:

Potocus said:

August 3rd, 8:52 am

Hey Guys love the show, but since the firmware update (3.41) I have been having lot of issues with my PS3 which I wasn’t having before last week. I think by far that is way more important any input as to when this is going to be looked after by SONY and when can we expect a resolution to this issue that for what I can see thousands are still experiencing?

OmegaThousand said:

August 3rd, 9:01 am

Hi kevin, It’s a marvelous show, I download all the episodes to my psp for watching them with my wife and friends, also I begin to check out qore since last month and is the best and most exclusive approach to new games and news in HD. Thanks for the continuous feedback from sony and PSN.
Regards.

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

August 3rd, 9:01 am

it’s just random bad luck.. now people stop posting games did this, firmware did that.

that-acmilan-guy said:

August 3rd, 9:15 am

Wait.. i though Mafia 2 demo was on 10th of aug?

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

August 3rd, 9:29 am

That’s the expected release date for the demo, correct. The “coming soon” graphic is obscured just a bit by the logo in this video player.

that-acmilan-guy said:

August 3rd, 9:24 am

in-depth look of kane and lynch, played the demo and most awful game of the year by far…damn i think i will skip quore this month, even if its free for ps plus.

BigAnt18 said:

August 3rd, 9:29 am

I’m a big fan of both Qore and Pulse, it’s nice to see the spotlight on Pulse just in case someone missed it. I enjoy the little summary of all things playstation since I always miss something. It did sadden me a little when Qore became a PS+ thing since I’ve been paying for Qore yearly but whatever you got me PS+. Keep up the good work humans! :)

By The Way….. Christina has some sexy legs and I’m guessing wardrobe noticed lol. Whoever picked her as the host did a great job, she’s a natural.

NESGamepro said:

August 3rd, 9:43 am

It’s a good show, but I have to admit I watch most of it at 1.5x speed.

Chuckbait said:

August 3rd, 9:57 am

Do you have to lie in your titles? New episode of pulse is not “now available”

The Store doesn’t update for another 6+ hours?

**To actual fans of Earthworm Jim…DO Not buy EJ HD… The original voice of Earthworm Jim was…the same guy who does the voice for HOMER SIMPSON…..This game does not have the same voice. You can download the demo from the UK store… or just dl the demo later today. When you highlight the game on your xmb, you are greeted to the *new* voice of Earthworm Jim.

And obviously it sounds horrible.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

August 3rd, 10:58 am

Pulse is indeed “now available” right here in the blog. It will be available in HD and for PSP with today’s regular Store publish.

TwinDad said:

August 3rd, 9:57 am

I can only imagine the amount of creepy emails that are going to get addressed to Christina, if the comments on the blog are any indication.

myfrozenscars said:

August 3rd, 10:01 am

Dear Mr.Furuichi

Will that TerRover demo she mentioned be a playable demo????

colstripcapn said:

August 3rd, 10:16 am

I see turn-based RPGs still fill two of the top 10 slots even several weeks after release.

Any idea why Sony is dragging its feet in brining more of this obviously popular genre to the PSN? I realize you can’t really control third party develpers, but take Legend of the Dragoon for example, that is a Sony title and many ask for it every week.

spacefox00 said:

August 3rd, 10:20 am

Kevin, can I make a small request that maybe you could pass on to others higher up or take into consideration yourself?

It would be great if the US blog got info about when each month of PS Plus would start and end, like the EU blog does. I was caught by surprise when Wipeout HD was removed in less than a month, and didnt manage to get it. It would be great if the US Blog also gave the schedule for the following month(s) like the EU blog does. Maybe you could ask whoever runs the US blog to do something like that? Information about when content stops being part of PS Plus right now is very vague for us US users.

DarkRecoil said:

August 3rd, 10:25 am

Pluse would be so much better if Christina hosted it in her underwear.

…any chance guys?

rbanke said:

August 3rd, 10:28 am

“here download this ad!”

nah…

wtGp said:

August 3rd, 10:40 am

dammit Christina, release the Kraken NAO!!!!!

Jvolel said:

August 3rd, 10:51 am

ok sooo the summer sale is only for playstation plus? Because I see fat princess for $14.99 in the playstation store not for $7.99.

Kevin Furuichi's Avatar

Kevin Furuichi said:

August 3rd, 10:56 am

The Summer Sale goes into effect with today’s Store publish.

Jvolel said:

August 3rd, 10:55 am

edit: nvm lol I didn’t see the date in the other post.

MiltonMafia said:

August 3rd, 11:04 am

@31
LMFAO and agreed

arha2 said:

August 3rd, 11:18 am

Will Playstation Plus members gain access to the Mafia 2 demo earlier than August 10th?

Amitiel said:

August 3rd, 11:45 am

@28 Dan Castellaneta was only the voice in the cartoon series, not the games

MIA_Philly said:

August 3rd, 12:44 pm

What happened to the LBP update? I thought the marvel DLC was every monday yet I don’t see anything on it anywhere.

Shinra_Soilder said:

August 3rd, 12:50 pm

Wow. The Pulse is on the the blog now. ^_^

Ahmay said:

August 3rd, 3:34 pm

Christina,

I noticed that your hair is more awesome than usual!

wareLORD said:

August 3rd, 5:29 pm

HELP PLEASE!!! section 8 needs a update to remove hacks posted on ING.COM like “GOD MODE” this is killing the game play 4 real players and unfair aswell STOP THE HACKERS PLEASE!!! i hope to see this fixed soon REALLY SOON!!! please do something!!!! “REMOVE GOD MODE” and other “HACKS”

xoiea said:

August 3rd, 6:42 pm

gotta love the monthly Pulse-fix, btw I hope she doesn’t take this the wrong way, but I’m noticing she’s packing a few pounds.
did i just curse myself.

iamR3Dsuave said:

August 4th, 1:21 am

Love pulse nicee

kazukikatsuhito said:

August 4th, 4:09 am

uhh first off i enjoy watching pulse, and its amusing and is good in giving out intel in the PS store… i wouldn’t download if christina wasn’t the host haha , i downloaded every pulse episode,but i still would download it ehh, the people behind pulse your doing a great job in helping us playstation users and as you christina,your always looking wonderful,i’m looking forward for advances on pulse in the future,thank you.

renegadesquad said:

August 4th, 8:48 pm

i do agree too. it should be a little bit longer. If nnot then you should make some more episodes of Qore free.

lbpfan2010 said:

August 5th, 11:22 am

can u make a lbp 2 demo?

Random99567 said:

August 5th, 11:42 am

hi will they make a new turok game for ps3 alot of people play turok on ps3 and want new maps and weapons please try 2 make a new turok. turok is auwsome. so please try 2

PAGE 1 2