Marvel's Spider-Man

Aug 05

Aug 05

LittleBigPlanet 2: Adventure Trailer Revealed

Mick Perona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

I know you have been clamoring for more information about LittleBigPlanet 2. As always, Mark has keeping you in the know with FAQs on some of the features of LittleBigPlanet 2, as well as some of Sackboy’s new abilities that you’re dying to try out. Then last week at Comic-Con we announced our launch date and preorder goodies!

Excellent, yes, but what about the story mode, you ask? Let me just say this: if you enjoyed the story mode of the original LittleBigPlanet, then the new adventure you and your Sackboy (or Sackgirl) are about to go on will blow you away. Get ready for an all-new adventure, with an amazing new cast of characters that will take Sackboy on an “out-of-this-world” adventure.

A mysterious and terrible evil, The Negativitron, is out to destroy Craft World. The “Alliance” and our brand new Adventure trailer await you…

I know you’ll have more questions for us, so hit us up in the comments below and we’ll tell you what we can. Look for LittleBigPlanet 2 to hit your favorite retailer on November 16th, and as Mark mentioned, the Collector’s Edition is very limited — reserve your copy today.

Add Your Own

loadstone007 said:

August 5th, 9:05 am

I’m a great LBP fan, and I’ll buy anything you throw at me. But to be honest, that trailer wasn’t that good – especially because of the song.

None the less, of course I can’t wait to get my hands on the collector’s edition! :)

quickfire123 said:

August 5th, 9:06 am

In little big planet will u be able to change sackbot direction when they are standing still. For instance when your put a sticker on u can turn your sackboy 360. Are u allowed to make the sackbots turn 180.

SykoTech said:

August 5th, 9:14 am

Dang.

Game of the Year confirmed.

spatsnaz said:

August 5th, 9:14 am

I have no doubt that Media Molecule’s levels will be great, but what the community will be able to do with LBP 2’s toolset will be something different.

Sindred said:

August 5th, 9:16 am

Not all special editions are worth putting extra cash for. This one was. Can’t wait.

BlooodyCow said:

August 5th, 9:17 am

Can someone answer please.

What exactly is the charm of LittleBigPlanet? For me, it was sackboy and then it was all the amazing levels the community created. This game have a certain charm to it that you don’t get from any other games out there. Congrats to MM because they made one hell of a universe for us to play in.

Ethereal said:

August 5th, 9:18 am

WOW…way to one up all expectations MM. Collector’s Edition already pre-ordered. Can’t wait!

breakline said:

August 5th, 9:20 am

Awesome, MM! I saw a quick little clip of two Sackboy’s playing a little pong video game withing LBP2 (1:34). That is really cool :D

Frejim said:

August 5th, 9:23 am

It looks EPIC!

maverick34jjv said:

August 5th, 9:30 am

OMG!!!!! When my jaw dropped… it fell off. :P
They should give a free gift out to play with, like sackbots to use in LBP1.
Also when’s the demo for this coming out?

Jvolel said:

August 5th, 9:35 am

Are there any plans to allow more then four players to join a level? Like maybe 8 max for a multiplayer deathmatch level, or maybe a level that requires two or four teams (four teams of two) to work with each other to beat the level.

niwrA said:

August 5th, 9:35 am

I really liked getting LBP1 on my harddrive thanks to Plus. I wouldn’t at all mind getting LBP2 as a digital download as well, especially if it isn’t massively larger than LBP1 (which was 2GB). Is that in the cards? Particularly for this game it is so convenient to not have to put the disc in to play a quick community level, perhaps one that you added to your queue during the day … :)

GunbladeRebel said:

August 5th, 9:41 am

Will all the download content be transferable? I really like some of the new marvel costumes, but if i won’t be able to use them in LBP2 i dunno if i’d want to buy them now.

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

August 5th, 9:57 am

Yes, rebel, you will definitely be able to use any DLC you bought on the PlayStation Store in LBP2!
    Let your Sackboy wear those Marvel costumes in confidence my friend! :)
    (and just think of what you’ll be able to do with that content in LBP2! Even think what a towering Sackbot skinned with, oh say a Venom or Doctor Octopus costume would look like terrorizing your levels (or full sized games) as you play as Spider-man using the new grappling-hook?) Just the tip of the iceberg Rebel, this is just the tip of the iceberg! ;)

MaDogNik96 said:

August 5th, 9:50 am

If I may be so bold to ask, what’s the song in the trailer? Is it a song made for the game or a licensed track?

mattman111 said:

August 5th, 9:52 am

So can we confirm beta? at least soon? Can i haz free key?
*puppy eyes*

Haze_Optical_6 said:

August 5th, 9:53 am

Hey! What’s the name of the song in the trailer? IT’S AWESOME!!

And can you confirm whether it’s going to be in LBP2 or not?

– Thanks! =D

kabirdsall14 said:

August 5th, 9:54 am

I have a couple questions.
First, since there is going 2 be a beta do u have 2 be a playstation plus member?

Also I thought the collector was evil? Or since he turned good did he decide to finally share his special collection of LBP DLC?? :)

Also, is the Toy Story 3 DLC for LBP or LBP2? I figure its for LBP1, since you said the near future.

I CANT WAIT TILL IT COMES OUT!!!!!

final_count_down said:

August 5th, 9:54 am

Is the collector’s edition going to be available in any countries other than the U.S.?

IrishHater said:

August 5th, 9:56 am

OMG! I can hardly wait for this game. Already have the collectors edition pre-ordered and paid in full. I am so ready for this title it literally hurts!
My only recommendation for you is to make sure all your audio is on the up and up, and is not negative. I do not think I can wait all this time, and then wait another week or longer like I had to do with the launch of LBP1. Please do not do that to me again, you will break my heart, and make me cry.

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

August 5th, 9:57 am

This game is 2 AWESOME!..i njoyed the 1st one ALOT and the XTRA PLAYER CREATED LEVELS were just as fun as the ones made by the MM PROS :p i cant wait for the day they make LBP 3D..and im not talkin about the type of 3D that needs glasses..im talkin about CRASH BANDICOOT 3D..now that game was a PURE CLASSIC..you guys at MM should try to get us some CRASH costumes :p KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK MM!!

Superstrokey1123 said:

August 5th, 9:59 am

I just cant get over how impressive this game looks. I didnt even finish the first but im getting this. Very impressive.

AceBeeDee said:

August 5th, 10:06 am

was “little bigger planet” ever considered for the title?

kabirdsall14 said:

August 5th, 10:06 am

Is the Beta exclusive to certain people?
Or do you have 2 be a playstation plus member?
Or do u have to have pre-ordered the collectors edition?

Also when do you think you will be announcing the beta’s details?

Thanks! I can NOT stop playing LBP and LBP2 looks SO MUCH BETTER!!!!!!!!!!

theFenrir said:

August 5th, 10:07 am

Haha oh my gosh, this game looks so awesome! I had a grin across my face the hold time I was watching the trailer. Would be great if the Limited Edition was available in Canada too.

Mick Perona's Avatar

Mick Perona said:

August 5th, 10:39 am

Then your grin is about to get bigger! See my reply to post #2! :)

GGod0 said:

August 5th, 10:08 am

This is awesome.

I had this idea, how about an Overlord II level and costume kit when LBP2 comes out?

It would be perfect with the sack bots.

SIR-DARK-HAZE said:

August 5th, 10:12 am

Hi, cant wait to play Little big planet 2. Little big planet was the first game i was really hyped about and Haze but we know were that went. To the point in litte big planet 2 will there be a switch were you can only access a certian arear if sackboy is wearing a certian costume. Cheers, well done ill be looking forward the LBP2.

Whitefire78 said:

August 5th, 10:26 am

So many games so little money :(. Game looks great, good job MM

TapDatApp said:

August 5th, 10:29 am

LittleBigPlanet 2 is the reason I wake up in the morning. ‘Cause I know I am know fewer days away from this amazing game. My CE has already been pre-ordered, no doubt. But can we get any more details on the Negativitron? What it is? How to pronounce it? Haha and Also,absolutely ANY details on the Beta would be appreciated. You have no idea how badly I NEED to play this game… :'(

Upwithlife said:

August 5th, 10:33 am

Awesome! When does it come out?

TapDatApp said:

August 5th, 10:34 am

*Also what is the name of the song in the trailer, if it is not an originally composed one?

Canuck4Life said:

August 5th, 10:38 am

I can’t wait for this game! Great work Mm! :D

XxNo0b_H8rxX said:

August 5th, 10:38 am

Please don’t make another trailer… I’m not sure if I can handle the epicness :)

Daojones said:

August 5th, 10:39 am

“Depending on what costumes you have on, the “heft” of the helmet, or costume, etc you might be wearing – directly impacts the “physics” of your jumps (how high you can go, the way you might twist and twirl as fall, etc.)”
The little things in this game, I tell you! Though I am pretty jealous that there are people already playing this game, no matter what stage it is in development. By the way, does MM ever take a break? They really deserve it. After November 16th, of course. :)

cell989 said:

August 5th, 10:44 am

Fu****g epic!!!! this pwns everything coming out this year, including Halo and COD

boxmyth said:

August 5th, 10:48 am

For those who weren’t crazy about the floaty controls of LBP1, will we be able to adjust them for the single-player adventure in LBP2?

Destiny89 said:

August 5th, 10:50 am

Amazing i simply cant wait for LBP2

Aizkewl said:

August 5th, 10:50 am

Do you have to preorder to get the limited edition?

darthlego said:

August 5th, 10:51 am

I can’t wait for this game. Will there be any word on the beta anytime soon?

Spaff_Molecule said:

August 5th, 10:51 am

@ Mick Perona – Hey Mick :) RE: your comment above – Before we get mobbed with questions, and people start abandoning bulky costumes, I’d like to say that wearing a costume has no actual impact on how high you can bounce, how you spin etc!

It ‘feels’ different, but it’s actually not, so it’s all in your head! – i think that’s what you were trying to say, right? :)

Love from Mm xx

Aizkewl said:

August 5th, 10:52 am

Can you make Uncharted 2 Skins?

tigerfodder said:

August 5th, 10:52 am

The game looks awesome. Are there any new hazards in LBP2? Like the ability to make something sharp (without using the spikes) or freeze you?

Zin_Oo-Orochi said:

August 5th, 10:55 am

Wow….this game is amazing..defiantly Game of the Year. It’s like so many great games into one disc/game.

Blkant said:

August 5th, 10:56 am

Find it hard to believe this game could have any levels as good as the winter russian levels from the first (atmosphere) :P

Still getting this though, of course :)

mattman111 said:

August 5th, 10:58 am

Are they bringing Ice back? I saw a snow planet. I always wanted the old ice hazard. looked fun

Haze_Optical_6 said:

August 5th, 10:59 am

I think it has been confirmed that you can alter gravity, so that pretty much fixes any floaty jump moaning.

And if they suddenly changed how high/fast sackboy jumped, it could potentially wreck the 3 Million LBP levels designed around that.

papidj1 said:

August 5th, 10:59 am

Is the level thermometer yet in level creation?
If yes,is it bigger than the one in LBP1?

MadMeat001 said:

August 5th, 11:03 am

yay for media molecule! the punisher dlc?

Jeigh said:

August 5th, 11:04 am

Though the original’s idea of extending gameplay value was nice, the fact that the levels were random and unconnected really made the intent seem trivial. I’m glad to hear full-sized adventures can be made now- it will truly be as if you’re buying a PLATFORM FOR GAMES! (And FREE ONES no less! Muhahahahahaaa!)

Anyway, in a related question: can players co-create adventures (As opposed to having to make every level yourself)? I suppose this follows the question of whether or not level creation can be done cooperatively now.

watter82 said:

August 5th, 11:10 am

Hey Mick,

You got any info on the Europe collectors edition and release date?

Thanks

fodawim said:

August 5th, 11:13 am

Any news of a beta?

Also I NNEEDDZZ IITT NNOOWW!!!