Marvel's Spider-Man

Aug 05

Aug 05

LittleBigPlanet 2: Adventure Trailer Revealed

Mick Perona's Avatar Posted by Associate Product Marketing Manager, First Party Games

I know you have been clamoring for more information about LittleBigPlanet 2. As always, Mark has keeping you in the know with FAQs on some of the features of LittleBigPlanet 2, as well as some of Sackboy’s new abilities that you’re dying to try out. Then last week at Comic-Con we announced our launch date and preorder goodies!

Excellent, yes, but what about the story mode, you ask? Let me just say this: if you enjoyed the story mode of the original LittleBigPlanet, then the new adventure you and your Sackboy (or Sackgirl) are about to go on will blow you away. Get ready for an all-new adventure, with an amazing new cast of characters that will take Sackboy on an “out-of-this-world” adventure.

A mysterious and terrible evil, The Negativitron, is out to destroy Craft World. The “Alliance” and our brand new Adventure trailer await you…

I know you’ll have more questions for us, so hit us up in the comments below and we’ll tell you what we can. Look for LittleBigPlanet 2 to hit your favorite retailer on November 16th, and as Mark mentioned, the Collector’s Edition is very limited — reserve your copy today.

Add Your Own

ww2_honor said:

August 5th, 3:12 pm

@Gooddaysfall Yes that is true. Just like what EA did with BFBC2 if you pre-ordered it before it was announced you will still get the limited edition at no extra charge because those will be the only editions available for a limited amount of time. Can’t wait for LBP2 and MOH.

BalramRules said:

August 5th, 3:24 pm

Will UK get a Collector’s Edition?
It just won’t seem right if it don’t, after all, Media Molecule is British, right?

MadMeat001 said:

August 5th, 3:36 pm

i know i am outside the subject, but after i saw the tool to make a ps3 theme http://www.destructoid.com/sony-teaches-you-how-to-make-your-own-ps3-themes-180711.phtml i would like to know if there is any official tool to make psp theme, i would like to try making some :)

jrock455 said:

August 5th, 3:40 pm

LBP was only a $60 Beta…YEAH!!!

wolfzero1 said:

August 5th, 4:10 pm

looks like fun, I pre-ordered the CE & can’t wait for Nov 16

MephiSkA said:

August 5th, 4:24 pm

November 2010 is the best month ever! LBP2 and GT5 !!

DNAgent said:

August 5th, 4:26 pm

Since LBP1 has Marvel outfits then why not give LBP2 DC outfits? I wanna see some Green Lantern & Deathstroke outfits. Also, how about some Mortal Kombat outfits in the future for next year?

dronde said:

August 5th, 4:47 pm

WOW 1 day before my Wife due date. I hope I got it 1 week in advance just like the first one so I can finish it while enjoying my first new born baby boy.

Feral_Dragon said:

August 5th, 4:51 pm

Um…I`m in Canada and when I tried to preorder the Collector`s Edition of LBP2 at EB Games they said I can`t do it until SEPTEMBER. But people are getting theirs preordered NOW. I`m worried where it`s only limited copies.

This is REALLY unfair, why does the US get first dibs?! If anyone should get the preorder option first it should be the UK where MM is located! Then everyone else equally! It`s times like these that make me hate the US :/

Monetep said:

August 5th, 5:30 pm

Ok… i think i’m buying this…
Guys you make amazing trailers.. and games of course…

goldy800 said:

August 5th, 5:30 pm

i have a question about the story mode in little big planet 2 is it going to be easier to get through the levels ? because i am stuck on boom boom town and i really want to get all the costumes but i can’t because i can not beat the level. so i was wondering if they would be a little bit easier in the sequel ? also could i play story mode in some one’s pod so i could get the construction hat and the dino costume my psn is goldy5000

LMW-YBC said:

August 5th, 5:32 pm

WOW,Just WOW!That trailer showed me too much!LBP2 is gonna be the game i’m NEVER gonna stop playing.BTW,i saw a bit of a mario-style move @1:07.And finally,a release date!Keep up the good(more like GREAT)work,Media Molecule!

cupcake_jihad said:

August 5th, 6:04 pm

Is there any way we can get a photo of just the CE Bookends?

Tsuna_vongola_X said:

August 5th, 6:10 pm

okay so im just wondering… i plan to get the special edition (and hopefully i do) and some retailers are already putting up pre-orders for the special edition… is it guaranteed that we get the special edition goodies? like you guys said, its very limited so i don’t want to skip out haha. thanks

Warwager said:

August 5th, 6:20 pm

Hey Mike, thanks for an awesome informative update!

Just hoped you could answer a question regarding the “Player Recorded-Voices” feature or something of that sort.

Does this mean we will be able to record voices/sounds etc. and put them into our levels?

If so, that’s fantastic, but how would it work?
Obviously the first thing that comes to mind is profanity and copyright infringement, but I think the creative/positive sides would out-weigh the negative sides.

Or is the voice-implementation just a rumor?

Thanks,
-War

digitalman123 said:

August 5th, 6:21 pm

Beta?? Please? I’ll be a good boy!! I also can’t wait for the collector’s edition I preordered! My brainn exploded when I proceessed that I was getting it! I’m still scraping pieces of my cerebrum of my bed!! Now, about that beta…

RLx3 said:

August 5th, 6:49 pm

Which retailers in Canada?
I guess I’ll wait for EB to update their site/system for the collector’s edition…

fuzzyclutter said:

August 5th, 7:03 pm

soooo … anything special for PS + members . or are we going to have to wait a couple of years , when it ends up being an “exclusive ” on whats turning out to be an electronic version of the salvation army thrift shop ? Im sorry , but i just keep thinking about what we have recieved and the COMPLEATLEY STELLER content we get on the tenth .(heck… now we cant even say that atleast our episode of QORE is new ) . i certainly hope ps + has some REAL suprises in store , cause in two months im gonna have to decide to resubscribe or if the money is better spent elswhere on the ps store .

re4veteran said:

August 5th, 7:06 pm

I want to preorder the collector’s edition of the game, but I’m going to be relocating soon and I don’t want to risk not being able to correct the address on my order in time. If I wait until about a week before the release and then preorder, would I still be able to get the collector’s edition? Thank you.

maverick34jjv said:

August 5th, 7:16 pm

@144 LBP2 is not only platforming, did you see the “rat race” in the trailers, LBP2 is getting beyond platforming…

orange_sponge said:

August 5th, 7:38 pm

When will Littlebigplanet 2 Collectors Edition be available in Bestbuy?

goldy800 said:

August 5th, 8:07 pm

when is the little big planet 2 psn demo come out ?

AK-58 said:

August 5th, 8:09 pm

could you please make sure that your costume DOESN’T affect bounce pads? this could lead to rage.(e.g.:when testing a level, the creator just BARELY makes a bounce pad jump, but when a player with a heftier costume trys the jump, no matter how hard they try, THEY CAN’T MAKE THE JUMP.)i want costumes to effect nothing except what your sack looks like, just like in LBP1. i mean, wearing helghast armor didn’t make me sink faster in water!

mooo0de-danger said:

August 5th, 8:28 pm

hiiiiiiiiiiiiiiy

CannibalMaggot said:

August 5th, 8:32 pm

The wait is going to be slow and painful.

goldy800 said:

August 5th, 8:37 pm

lets go cavs!!!!!!!!!!!!

Darkpen said:

August 5th, 11:35 pm

FFFFFFFFFFUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU—!!!!!

That trailer… its too amazing >_<

DarkOne_PR said:

August 6th, 2:17 am

Sephiroth Sackboy anyday???

Crytus said:

August 6th, 2:47 am

oh man..this looks so so ingenious im so glad that you guys keep the 2D gameworld alive!!! Please give finally some details about the european collectors edition..im scared that i will miss it here!want to pre order it finally :D

Enigma777 said:

August 6th, 4:19 am

Has anyone confirmed that when playing co-op, you will have separate screens? My friend told me that, and it’s what’s going to decide if I buy this game or not. I absolutely hated when one person would go forward and kill everyone else cause he was being a jerk in the original LBP.

darthlego said:

August 6th, 6:48 am

@172 A Media Molecule employee already comfirmed that costumes do not detirmine how high you jump on post #89.

clank3345 said:

August 6th, 7:21 am

will we be seeing an LBP2 for psp in the near future cause the first was okay but now i crave more little big planet on the psp

re4veteran said:

August 6th, 7:30 am

Um, can someone please help with my question its #168. Thanks.

Malamo999 said:

August 6th, 10:12 am

@re4veteran
Of course, I’m pretty sure you will be able to pre-order.
Malamo999
Get your Portable ID!

Hunter_xx_ said:

August 6th, 10:14 am

what happened to that announcement for south america?, is this game going to have neutral spanish voices?

Malamo999 said:

August 6th, 10:17 am

Hey Mick!
Um…I know this the US blog, but i was wondering if LBP2 CE is gonna be available to pre-order in the UK, because there is no reference anywhere about a UK version.
Thx
Malamo999
Get your Portable ID!

SUPERGAMER247 said:

August 6th, 10:49 am

hi mick I have a question I keep on thinking about getting the goty edition lbp but there are so many good games coming out and I was wondering if the dlc that came with the goty is transferrable to little big planet 2 thanx

JakeRuiner said:

August 6th, 11:16 am

will your save file be transfered into LBP 2? like right now i have 100% items on my LBP, if i were to buy LBP2 will i still have all those items and costumes and levels in LBP2 right off the bat? on another note, I’m happy that LBP2 is getting a story to go along with its great levels, and those new tools look very promising! i guess with the emitter head-thing there wont be any use for the paintinator anymore =(

marlyt said:

August 6th, 11:32 am

HOLY CRAP……FUNNNNNNN!!!

lolzoloz9 said:

August 6th, 12:00 pm

This looks awesome and i want to preorder the CE but what retailers are the ones you preorder the CE from in Canada and when can you preorder it here cause nobody has it available to preorder yet its only the standard edition somebody please answer this.

EsEsAtHeRmL4e said:

August 6th, 12:01 pm

Hey, Mick, i just want to know if the 5 DLC Avatars and the 11 Costumes Pack ( The Redeem Codes ) can be used on my Mexican account, i pre ordered the Collector’s Edition, and i want those Avatars on My Mexican account, plz i want your response… Very much Thanks!!

twistedfloyd said:

August 6th, 12:06 pm

Looks amazing MM and Sony. Fantastic job. I love LBP and can’t wait for LBP2!

re4veteran said:

August 6th, 12:25 pm

@Malamo999
Thanks, so this way I don’t have to worry about missing out. Can’t wait! =D

digitalman123 said:

August 6th, 12:31 pm

Me neither!! This wait it eating my pshyche!! I need this soon!

Sakimori_X said:

August 6th, 1:43 pm

Wow. So many new features/environments/perspectives/etc! This is going to be absolutely FAN … (wait for it) … TASTIC!!!

Chubcorp said:

August 7th, 11:01 am

@Ashend Well, you might end up failing a class or two because you won’t be able to wait for the breaks in school. I know that I will have a lot of Zeros in the grade book for missing Home Work

Looks amazing got the CE day I heard about it from the Tweets.

Oh and anymore info on the game like you gave us in comment 8 response?

Kaige_90 said:

August 7th, 11:03 am

I LOVE LITTLE BIG PLANET! Im so excited for this game!! But one question, in LBP 1 there was a limit on how big of a level you could make (not the thermometer) but eventually you just ran into a wall and could not continue, will there be a limit in create mode for Little Big Planet 2?

Kaige_90 said:

August 7th, 11:03 am

IM SO GETTING THE CE I ALREADY PREORDERED IT AT EB GAMES! :) (GAMESTOP)

digitalman123 said:

August 7th, 12:48 pm

I’m back! LBP2 CE is one of those games that go from awesome, to EPIC-UBER-SUPER-DUPER-BOOYAH-CAN’T-WAIT type games. Can’t wait til I get my CE on Nov. 16th!

mr_creep said:

August 7th, 1:45 pm

You have a cool name…Mick