Knack 2

Aug 16

Aug 16

More $9.99 PSP Favorites in Time for Back-to-School

John Koller's Avatar Posted by Vice President, PlayStation Brand Marketing, SIEA

Hi everyone! Recently, we announced a number of great new PSP packs will be available this year – the Madden NFL 11 PSP bundle was made available earlier this week, the InviZimals PSP Entertainment Pack will be available this October, and the God of War: Ghost of Sparta PSP Entertainment Pack will be in stores this November. Now, we’re taking the action straight into back-to-school with a ton of other great games for just $9.99 (MSRP).

favorites

Back in June, we debuted the PSP “Favorites” software line, a value line that brings you a great selection of your favorite PSP titles at an even greater price – $9.99. We’ve added more games for you to choose from, some of which are already available now and others that are coming soon, such as Burnout Legends, Capcom Classics Collection: Reloaded, Capcom Classics Collection: Remix, Dark Stalkers: Chaos Tower, Need for Speed: Most Wanted, Medal of Honor: Heroes, Sid Meier’s Pirates! and many more. To date, we have nearly 25 PSP “Favorites” available in the library and you can expect this number to grow well into this holiday season. Soon, games included in the PSP Favorites library will have “Favorites” on the packaging. Make sure to look out for it when you’re at your local retailer. Here’s a quick reminder of what games we previously announced:

• Ape Escape: On the Loose
  • Silent Hill: Origins
  • The Sims 2
  • SOCOM: Fireteam Bravo
  • Syphon Filter: Logan’s Shadow
  • Twisted Metal: Head On
  • The Warriors

Now that school’s back in session, Kevin Butler’s favorite protégé is at it again. Starting today, you’ll be seeing the latest Marcus spot on TVs nationwide. Here’s an early look at how Marcus will help you from getting schooled…

You can check out more Marcus videos at https://www.youtube.com/user/marcuspsp.

With great games like Madden NFL 11, KINGDOM HEARTS Birth By Sleep and InviZimals coming this fall, as well as a whole slate of engaging $9.99 titles, this holiday promises to be a fun one for PSP owners.

Let us know your thoughts and enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

dreww3 said:

August 16th, 8:09 am

lol dissin the iphone :P

Sonicfan11589 said:

August 16th, 8:09 am

all right, cool, more great games for cheap prices

Sonicfan11589 said:

August 16th, 8:10 am

any chances of soul calibur broken destiny and street fighter alpha 3 max going down in price?

headwing45 said:

August 16th, 8:11 am

Well… you mentioned Kingdom Hearts, so I gotta ask, is it buy-able on the PSP GO?

zerolaff said:

August 16th, 8:11 am

Lame Castle?

TomHoang said:

August 16th, 8:12 am

I haven’t seen these Favorites in stores yet. I’d rather get the UMD than a digital download.

Onvertic said:

August 16th, 8:12 am

Some of those titles like Sid Meier’s Pirates! and Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony are UMD only. Why dont you add them to the ps store? Also, why Manhunt 2 and The Warriors are $14.99 on the ps store not $9.99?

SpeedRacer1955 said:

August 16th, 8:17 am

Great Commercial but I might have used “Fool” instead of “Sucka” since the phonics for those hard of hearing could confuse it with the “F” bomb slang. But if that is what it is then it is to be what it is…

MakulaTolkien said:

August 16th, 8:18 am

“Pinball Hall of Fame” as in PHoF: The WILLIAMS Collection?

John Koller's Avatar

Jeff Rubenstein said:

August 16th, 9:50 am

It’s the Williams Collection.

polo155 said:

August 16th, 8:20 am

all i kno is i love my PSP Go and i hope more support comes to it for apps and browser.. i use skype on it as my main phone phone over a year now since i started using a ps3, wish they update the skype app too so i can text

i love my PSP Go and i hope they add Books to the comic app netflix, HuluPLUS AND MLB to SP Go’s xmb or make it Remote Playable…

I Love My PSP Go and Actually watch HDCTV and my DVR from it via LocationFree LF-v30

CurmudgeonGamer said:

August 16th, 8:21 am

Which version of Pinball Hall of Fame? The Williams Collection or the Gottlieb Collection? I already have the Gottlieb Collection on my PSP Go, but would immediately buy the Williams Collection if it would just go up on the PS Store!

Insomnia999 said:

August 16th, 8:25 am

Hey John,

Why no motion control in the navigation controller? The Wii does it. I want core Move games with dual motion control!

When are we going to receive the top requested features on PS Blog Share?

Airwalkinman17 said:

August 16th, 8:28 am

That was an awesome commercial. I don’t see why Marcus would get any flak for speaking the truth! I mean the psp is a seriously awesome machines with so many good games. Those are some awesome deals and he seems to be the perfect person to finally shut the naysayers who believe the psp has no games. I’m going to go download silent hill: origins now……

arnoldmcguire335 said:

August 16th, 8:33 am

Well more game for my pocket. still wondering if Patapon 2 is available as a UMD (since I saw the box for it at Best Buy that Friday and it shows the UMD logo)?

evildude683 said:

August 16th, 8:33 am

What about fat princess?? damn!

CrimsonPaw said:

August 16th, 8:39 am

Looks like Sony’s starting to wisen up to the price game. It would be nice to get some more PSOne Classics in the mix as well (I’m looking at you Tenchu and G-Police), but most of all can you give us the PS Store ratings on the PSP Store? I’d like to be able to see what the users think of games before I buy them.

DWeezy91 said:

August 16th, 8:39 am

I’m not a huge fan of the PSP commercials, but even I gotta say that you guys hit the nail on the head this time.

Vu_Prime said:

August 16th, 8:39 am

How about some Hot Shots Tennis: Get a grip!? Love it but I kinda don’t wanna pay $20 for it. Yeah I’m cheap but then again I ain’t gettin a hard copy for downloading it am I?

Korbei83 said:

August 16th, 8:41 am

Step Yo Game Up and start mandating PSN releases for PSP Go.

polo155 said:

August 16th, 8:41 am

opps! i mean for 2 1/2 years* But i just read other comments John, are you serious that these titles are mostly UMD? I soarly hope not tho there no titles i really ant from that $9.99… i pay whatever price for what i want but i need opions… games for downoad seriously should NOT be same price as UMD and box art… at least $5 to $7 off at the least i use media just as much as i game, i’m loving the New Archos mini computer type PMP and its a excelent replacement for my psp go but im not trying to do that but im finding my eye wondering JOHN so shake ya [DELETED] plz, thank you.

TheAlbraskan said:

August 16th, 8:42 am

I have to admit, that commercial was pretty good. Might also look into Patapon 2 now.

polo155 said:

August 16th, 8:47 am

@14 i believe Patapon2 is available via PSN, a copy of the Demo was on my PSP Go when i bought it #@launch

Hellman said:

August 16th, 8:49 am

Take a note sony all games should be $20 bucks or less! This is a good move but way to late. When you release the psp2 make sure the games are cheap and you’ll see an increase in sales. Why do you think the iphone games are doing so good? They are mostly under 5 dollars.

Blaketoberfest said:

August 16th, 8:53 am

I bet Steve Jobs is going to be so mad when he sees this commercial, lol. :P

CDubyahS said:

August 16th, 8:55 am

kewl buy em all for less than 8 PS3 ripoffs

depward said:

August 16th, 8:57 am

Huge fan of the PSP. However, being a 28 year-old, this “Marcus” marketing angle doesn’t speak to me whatsoever.

MG_Raiden said:

August 16th, 8:57 am

When Ratchet and Clank: Size Matters??

KazeEternal said:

August 16th, 8:58 am

Holy [DELETED] you guys salvaged this character…. I take back what I said. keep it up. Push this sucker across all age groups please.

hush404 said:

August 16th, 9:03 am

Love cheap games. Hate Marcus.

saintaqua said:

August 16th, 9:05 am

@depward
I’m 28 and I thought he was funny.
But if he called me and was that mean I think he’d hurt my feelings. :(

I wish all PSP games were cheaper, I just find it hard to spend $40 on a handheld title these days. Though I’m definitely getting KH BBS!!

perrandy said:

August 16th, 9:20 am

this last commercial made me lawl really hard.however,now that you are posting here mr koller i’m gonna say that please improve or add a new browser for the ps3 because the one that we have right now just plain sucks.

lastly, nice to see those price drops.too nad that we dont have an rpg game in that package..oh well :0

LakerZombie said:

August 16th, 9:24 am

Anyone else notice the “iphone” guy is the same guy from the Jack in the Box stoner “taco” commercials :) Look up JIB taco commercials and its the same dude lol…..oh ya and nuts to Marcus…having him prop the PSP makes me think the PSP is just for kids ……sony thats not a good thing :(

JDWRudy25 said:

August 16th, 9:26 am

two things, wtf is up with the LocoRoco 2 case? and i love that the new ‘favorites’ label doesnt clutter up the box art! now about those red ps3 cases…..

asimm1 said:

August 16th, 9:29 am

Yeah S9.99+TAX

Demonhunter84 said:

August 16th, 9:41 am

$9 is perfect for PSP Favorites, handheld games cost alot now a days up to $40. I might look into getting a PSP later on this year with your new Favorites being $10. Makes me want more older titles to be discounted to $9.99.

Tidus755 said:

August 16th, 9:59 am

Marcus is the reason I miss KB so much

LakerZombie said:

August 16th, 10:04 am

@Tidus755…agreed. Theres a reason why the KB ads have been so successful. He can act. Marcus is supposed to draw in the kiddies but i’d rather see a KB jr. of some sort appealing to the kiddies. Come on Sony!

megamixer said:

August 16th, 10:04 am

They should have a PSP Favorites section in the PS Store so all of these nice (and future) favorites games can get some more attention. :)

I hope Sony adds Parappa the Rapper to this lineup. The games old and a port of the PS1 classic to boot. Yet its still over $20 on the PS Store! Same with Loco Roco 1 & Patapon 1 and more. Keep that favorites train rolling guys!

Chapulin140 said:

August 16th, 10:16 am

$9.99 SUCKA!! lol

JongJungBu said:

August 16th, 10:18 am

I agree that Sid Meier’s Pirates and Dungeon Siege: Throne of Agony ought to come out as PSP Favorites on the PSN Store. Particularly the latter’s awful load times. Unfortunately, I have most of the PSP favorites in this list, but there are a couple I have yet to play that I might consider sooner or later for that kind of price.

Tarheel_Mark said:

August 16th, 10:31 am

So when’s Marcus going to get his own Twitter feed?

PSmonkey said:

August 16th, 10:46 am

Jeff Rubenstein,
If the $9.99 game listed above is Williams collection. How come it still is not on the store. =(

My PSP Go is crying for Williams collection (I had Gottlieb the same day it hit psn).

iTofuMan said:

August 16th, 10:56 am

why isnt Crisis Core on that list it was a great and awesome game? hopefully we see it on the Psn soon since its almost been a year since the psp go has been out and havent even touched it in months.

Seriously though you guys really need to stop dissing the ipod since most of the mini’s are just that. Now i am not bashing the Psp. its just that you guy barely support the psp (eg. Games rarely get released in general and good games dont get released on the Psn for psp go users mainly) how about instead of wasting money on LATE advertisement put that money for devs to get their games out on the PSN its sad to think that the Psp Go is a PSP that doesnt even play psp game!

Dice_for_Death_ said:

August 16th, 11:16 am

I’m always looking to get some decent PSP games on the cheap. Keep ’em coming.

bazelgolem said:

August 16th, 11:17 am

lol The guy playing “Josh Rose” is the stoner from one of the Jack-in-the-Box commercials!

triple_lei said:

August 16th, 11:19 am

Alright… I give up… I’ll just re-purchase WipEout Pure for $15.99…

Monetep said:

August 16th, 11:33 am

I’ll still don’t know why i haven’t played patapon 2, this is a good chance to get it!

lm_The_Boss said:

August 16th, 11:40 am

lol @ people who want KB Jr. I guess you dont like Marcus because he’s black

gameboy36 said:

August 16th, 11:51 am

Wait, the Invizimals entertainment pack will include a PSP?

And I might get Silent Hill, thanks.

polo155 said:

August 16th, 11:55 am

@37, whats wrong with Marcus?

PAGE 1 2