Knack 2

Aug 17

Aug 17

Coming Next Week to PlayStation Plus: Mushroom Wars, 2Xtreme & More

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone – as a reminder, PlayStation Plus publishes on a bi-weekly schedule (every other week). This is the last week to download some of the free games that are currently available because they will be replaced with new games next Tuesday. So make sure to download Critter Crunch, Syphon Filter or Kahoots, if you haven’t already. And stay tuned for next week’s publish of PlayStation Plus. Here’s a peek of what’s on offer for next week:

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 8/24:

Free Games
Mushroom Wars – FREE
2Xtreme – PS One – FREE
Vempires – mini – FREE

Early Access Game Demo
TerRover

Game Discounts
Soldner-X2: Final Prototype + Soldner-X: Himmelstrurmer Bundle (PlayStation Plus price $10.79, original price $17.99)
Soldner- X2 : Final Prototype (PlayStation Plus price $9.09, original price $12.99)

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down next Tuesday (8/24):

Free Games
Critter Crunch (original price $6.99)
Syphon Filter – PS One (original price $5.99)
Kahoots – mini (original price $4.49)

Discounted Games
PixelJunk Racer 2nd Lap (20% Off)
Echochrome (50% off)

Discounted DLC
Resistance 2 Skin Bundle (50% off)

Themes (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
Bloody Escape

Avatars (Free to PlayStation Plus subscribers)
MAG Avatars – SVER, Raven, and Valor
LittleBigPlanet – Sack Boy
Heavy Rain Swan Avatar

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

remanutd5 said:

August 17th, 8:04 am

dont mean to sound like im complaining but i do have a PSP too guys , are we ever gonna get full psp game trials , free psp games or on sale psp games? im really loving all the content you guys are providing i just wish the psp get more support since i love gaming on it too

DZORMAGEN said:

August 17th, 8:04 am

Plus members in U.S. BETTER get the BETA for LBP 2!

SpyDudeFX said:

August 17th, 8:05 am

We get TerRover via Qore August, is this a new demo or the same one? And can you explain the content cycles? So the 24th is the start of the next next cycle? And where are this month’s dynamic themes and premium avatars? I don’t mind the extra static themes every month but those don’t count as part of the promised monthly content. I hope you can answer these basic questions, because so far you just ignore everyone.

King-Nicholas said:

August 17th, 8:05 am

Hmm, what is Mushroom Wars? It makes me want some Italian food.

Mucudadada said:

August 17th, 8:06 am

Thanks Grace! Looks great!

GT-420 said:

August 17th, 8:06 am

This update is ok, I guess, but I’d really like either Shatter or Zen Pinball for free. Just Shatter would make me feel a whole lot better about buying PLUS.

Stallone1993 said:

August 17th, 8:08 am

We already got the TerRover demo through Qore…why do we get it again “exclusively”? Mushroom Wars is okay I guess, I don’t mind those types of games, but I would also appreciate some of the more well-known games that people play. With Plus, you could bring back the old games from the dead – example, offer Pain for free, and all DLC at discount and then the sales EXPLODE.

Korbei83 said:

August 17th, 8:08 am

Gonna give Mushroom Wars a try.

DZORMAGEN said:

August 17th, 8:10 am

Oh yeah once again they release games they release from 2009! Wow, Sony thank you so much on these awesome great FREE content!!!!!!!! /end of sarcasm

MrBeatdown said:

August 17th, 8:11 am

Ugh, absolute garbage. Even worse considering we never got our avatars, dynamic themes, or add-on content, all of which were promised in the PS+ FAQ.

woody6243 said:

August 17th, 8:12 am

I agree with the first poster. PSP games/demos would be great. I understand that yes, the minis and PS One classics work on the PSP, but it would be nice to have something specifically made for that gaming system.

SpyDudeFX said:

August 17th, 8:13 am

I think this is right, and yes I know there was more content but that’s extra stuff and I want to focus on the promised content each cycle:

Jun 29th – Jul 26th
PSN: WipEout HD
PSOne: Rally Cross
Minis: Fieldrunners, Age of Zombies
Dynamic Themes: MAG SVER, Valor, Raven
Premium Avatars: Fat Princess x2, MAG x3, Heavy Rain x1, LBP x1
Premium Game Elements: Warhawk Fallen Star DLC
60 min trial: inFAMOUS

Jul 27th – Aug 23rd
PSN: Critter Crunch
PSOne: Syphon Filter
Minis: Kahoots, AeroRacer
Dynamic Themes: ??
Premium Avatars: ??
Premium Game Elements: ??
60 min trial: Red Faction Guerilla

Irishmandkg said:

August 17th, 8:16 am

Well this sucks.

Lordx1095 said:

August 17th, 8:16 am

Loved the demo for Mushroom Wars, so glad to be getting it for free!

Still as GT-420 said, would love to see Zen Pinball for free (september release maybe???)

carno_US said:

August 17th, 8:16 am

So far, every free game offered in the service I already own it, bummer.

WISHUWUD said:

August 17th, 8:16 am

I am very upset with PS plus..When yall said, “full game trails” I thought it was a list of games..Not 1 game a month. Then the games are old as hell. I love PS, but XBL have games on demand. Why we cant have that. Im not happy with the plus store at all.

MaKTaiL said:

August 17th, 8:21 am

Seriously….. that’s it?

iMaciPod said:

August 17th, 8:21 am

where the lbp 1 full game at 29$

reekeecast said:

August 17th, 8:22 am

ughhh… I think I want my 50 bucks back…

Seeing_Red_Again said:

August 17th, 8:23 am

Disappointed. It seems like the content in each month is getting worse

rollotomozi said:

August 17th, 8:30 am

PS+….
+ what?

this Service was marketed towards ‘Core’ gamers.

i have yet to see this move past the casual/new gamer in terms of the content offered.

Core Gamers buy what we want when its available, to discount things that are quite dated does not seem help the Core Gamer.

Santos21 said:

August 17th, 8:30 am

still don’t see anything that would make me pay 50 bucks for this service.

ForgiveMyAim said:

August 17th, 8:37 am

I have a suggestion give us 1 less mini a month and replace it with a 5$ psn game

zixzi said:

August 17th, 8:39 am

Holy Cow.. I dont think that you with an US PS+ users, should whine about anything.. In EU we dont get nice free stuff every second week.. Only once a month.. :( :D Sorry for my English.. I’m from DK.

gor1llap1mp said:

August 17th, 8:39 am

MASS EFFECT 2 just announced for PS3…Sony shall rise again!

DZORMAGEN said:

August 17th, 8:40 am

@ ForgiveMyAim

I have a better suggestion, Sony, give us our money back!

sloheim said:

August 17th, 8:41 am

How sad is this… I have my $$$ ready, just waiting for the first good offering to sign up for PS+… and every two weeks they disappoint. C’mon SOny.. offer up PAIN, Zen Pinball, or SOMETHING good. THis just isn’t cutting it.

sethchilders said:

August 17th, 8:41 am

I thought PS+ was a good idea at first, but now I am quickly losing interest in it. What is the point of subscribing to a service that only gives you temporary discounts on games before taking them off the list, and some of the things on the list aren’t even that good. Hopefully they will improve upon it in a year or so, because I’m not re-subscribing to it again until they do.

VashioKun said:

August 17th, 8:42 am

Month 1 – Amazing
Month 2 – Meh
Month 3 – Uhh..
Month 4 – /disappoint

Well Mushroom Wars doesn’t look bad. PS1 game.. uhh.. no. Mini.. meh.

ElektroDragon said:

August 17th, 8:43 am

Wow, you are offering games I already own or don’t want, and at the same time you remove games I might be interested in. I still don’t have a valid reason to buy + aside from saving $6 on Magic Orbz packs, which you will likely take away in a month or two. This is ridiculously weak. GIVE ME A DECENT REASON TO BUY PLUS, like free movie rentals…. something!

xXCenobyteXx said:

August 17th, 8:47 am

I grabbed a PS+ account on day one… I figured it would be slow out of the gate, and honestly it kind of has been. From an serious gamer perspective the content has been a little weak, especially considering I already own many of the games offered so far… and haven’t had interest in others. Then again they gave us an extra 3 months, and I have grabbed a few add-ons and PS1 titles. So while it hasn’t paid for itself quite yet, and I believe Sony needs to re-look at some of content they’re putting up and listen to customer feedback a little more carefully, I am pretty confident it will in the first 15 months.

I just wish every time I check out this blog I didn’t see a sea of endless complaints about lack of content, or how content A is crap, why cant we get content B?! Tuesdays are exciting days for gamers, every second Tuesday is a little more exciting now for PS+ subscribers, shouldn’t that be enough? Even forgetting about the 15 month offer, 24 updates every year = approx $2 per update. Yep $2. ;)

Samus4145 said:

August 17th, 8:47 am

Better than the other week for us Plus members. Always wanted to try Mushroom Men.

As for Betas, we better get in the first wave of everything. I’m talking DC Universe, Killzone 3, LBP2, everything. We should be the first in line for everything.

SagiMewtwo said:

August 17th, 8:48 am

Didn’t we already get the TerRover demo thanks to this month’s Qore episode that PS+ users can download anyway? XD;

MaestroX said:

August 17th, 8:48 am

Dissapoint! Mushroom Wars? You gotta be kidding… Give the people Scott Pilgrim or something! and a NEW PSone classics like Vagrant Story. wtf Vempires?! Older PS3 owners already bought all these games. or did not want them. Vempires? No. You can just keep all those crappy mini games anyways.

Kxpuc said:

August 17th, 8:51 am

yay Mushroom Wars

Zinacef said:

August 17th, 8:52 am

Why don’t we get to play the Bioshock Infinite demo rather than this mediocre offer?!

frostynugs420 said:

August 17th, 8:52 am

Don’t mean to sound ungrateful, but this is the third update since I bought + that has had no free games that I found even a little interesting. Why not toss games like pixeljunk monsters, wipeout hd, or one of the more highly acclaimed games on psn? if you did that you’d draw a lot more people into buying plus. I don’t care if it’s just one every 3-4 updates, but you gotta give those of us who don’t give a rat’s rear about critter crunchers or mushroom wars reason to pay for this stuff… so far not even the discounts have been appetizing. It feels like I paid $50 for PSN’s table scraps… “here’s the games that weren’t selling anyway, look! they’re free now if you pay an annual fee!”

BlooodyCow said:

August 17th, 8:52 am

Early Access Game Demo
TerRover

^^^^^^^
fail much? The demo is available on Qore which comes with PLUS.

mywhitenoise said:

August 17th, 8:54 am

I am soooo glad I hesitated on getting a Plus subscription. This program is garbage! Best $50 I’ve ever saved.

rollotomozi said:

August 17th, 8:55 am

some communication from Sony Staffers would be most appreciated.

SSephirothT said:

August 17th, 9:07 am

Hey in your last post you guys made no mention of taking down the Fat Princess DLC but mentioned taking down the Resistance 2 DL. But you guys took down the former and not the latter. What gives?

SgtRufus said:

August 17th, 9:09 am

Playstation Plus is turning into what I figured it would be. A dumping ground for old games and DLC. If it ever turns into something else, I’m sure I’ll sign up.

texas_ride said:

August 17th, 9:16 am

thanks for another great update, my $3.33 a month (15 months dor $50) is going to great use

toology01 said:

August 17th, 9:23 am

Great, another game ive already purchased (mushroom wars) because of the fact that it has already been heavily discounted before. Please realize that if a game has ever been on sale for 50% before, anybody who has ever been interested in the game has already purchased it. Same deal went for critter crunch, and wipeout HD. Also here is to hoping that there are some discounts on some GOOD games like deathspank, waiting for that to drop to $8.

Broman_YZ said:

August 17th, 9:23 am

I NEED CLARIFICATION!!

The content we pay for at the Playstaton Plus price, such as
Discounted Games
PixelJunk Racer 2nd Lap (20% Off)
Echochrome (50% off)

Discounted DLC
Resistance 2 Skin Bundle (50% off)

Game Discounts

It was never very clear to me…

Do we get to keep content we pay for at the PS+ discount AFTER our membership expires???

SlackerTD said:

August 17th, 9:33 am

Perhaps those who didn’t want to download Qore for the demo (due to its size, some might have bandwidth restrictions), can now do so? For me, I’m interested in that Soldner bundle for 10.79. :)

Saved closed to $20 now on content bought, plus the added bonus of the nice minis so far & Qore. Quite happy with PS+ up to this point, I know I will save more throughout the year. :)

SlackerTD said:

August 17th, 9:34 am

@Broman_YZ: Any content you buy is yours regardless of your membership. They’ve stated this on several occasions.

beastbarbour said:

August 17th, 9:35 am

i for one feel like were getting less and less content each month, like seriously and the games i own most of them free ones. wheres the early betas and features, we got automatic download, Great it really is , but where’s cross game chat, back up online, etc. come on sony, this 50 i spent isnt really turning into what i thought it would. i thought i would get more features.

TwinDad said:

August 17th, 9:36 am

@broman

If you paid money for it, then it is your to keep.

DudeItsKyle said:

August 17th, 9:38 am

Yes Broman you keep the content that you bought

PAGE 1 2 3