Paragon

Aug 23

Aug 23

Coming Tuesday to PSN: Press Your Luck for PS3

Eva Jando's Avatar Posted by VP Marketing, Ludia Inc.

Get ready for an invasion of Whammies in Press Your Luck, coming tomorrow to the PS3. Just like on TV, the loveable but mischievous caped cartoon character pops up everywhere in the game, which is based on the classic Press Your Luck television game show.

Play as one of three contestants competing to win by correctly answering trivia questions to earn spins on the Big Board. The player who ends the game with the highest earnings emerges victorious — all the while trying to avoid the dreaded Whammy or risk losing all his winnings.

Press Your Luck for PS3

Press Your Luck for PS3 Press Your Luck for PS3

Press Your Luck is Ludia’s second multiplayer PS3 title, and includes two multiplayer modes: local multiplayer on one PS3, or PSN multiplayer that enables you to challenge up to two friends online. Press Your Luck also supports solo play, with over 2500 trivia questions to keep things fresh.

You can download Press Your Luck from the PlayStation Store on PSN tomorrow. Please be sure to let us know what you think of the game, and thanks for your support!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

PuppetShoJustice said:

August 23rd, 1:14 pm

Shovelware with PS1 era graphics. Lovely.

jpbslayer said:

August 23rd, 1:17 pm

no whammie, no whammie, STOP
game will probaly be alright – but still a little nervous on buying these types of psn games – afraid they will be like jeopardy – after playing a few rounds never seen a new ?

TwinDad said:

August 23rd, 1:17 pm

Big Money. No Whammies, Stop!

Can we just start deleting the “first” posts?

koma1tose said:

August 23rd, 1:19 pm

good game at 3.99 anymore than that and its krap

HumanKiller0 said:

August 23rd, 1:19 pm

looks good but the big question is
how much?

Eva Jando's Avatar

Eva Jando said:

August 23rd, 6:26 pm

Hi there- Press Your Luck is $9.99

jpbslayer said:

August 23rd, 1:20 pm

and if this game has whammie trophies its on

tetsou9shima said:

August 23rd, 1:21 pm

Dang….I wanted to say the whole “No Whammy, no Whammy….Stop!!!” but It was said a few times already. I used to love this game show.

JetSetFuture said:

August 23rd, 1:22 pm

I loved this show as a kid! I know everyone’s supposed to hate on the Whammies, but I would actually like to see them star in their own action/platform game. Make it happen.

TwinDad said:

August 23rd, 1:22 pm

Did we put a “Whammy” on your “No whammy” post?

What is the price?

SilverPR said:

August 23rd, 1:23 pm

There not the best graphics around the PSN but the nostalgia of this games are awesome. Got family Feud and even with the flaws it has I enjoy with my friends that game. I was looking for this one to pop-up in the PSN because I don’t want to buy this one the Wii. Looking forward to get this, C’mon Big bucks Big bucks…. STOP!!

TheTwelve said:

August 23rd, 1:24 pm

LOL this game was the GAME back when I was a kid. =)

Squirtbot said:

August 23rd, 1:32 pm

Even if this is bad, its still good! That is… if it’s less then $10, anything higher… forget it. Come on, that motorstorm game is going to be $10… this can not be more!

Jason1802128 said:

August 23rd, 1:34 pm

I love this freaking game! One question. How much is it going to be? I need to know so I can get this game tomorrow! Also I love the game show games you have been releasing lately! All classics

SgtRufus said:

August 23rd, 1:37 pm

Looking forward to this. Too bad we can’t use Home avatars for playing this type of game. Seems like it would be a boost for both Home and games such as this, but for whatever reason Sony keeps Home avatars locked up within that one application instead of integrating them into games.

DZORMAGEN said:

August 23rd, 1:48 pm

I used tp love this show when I was younger. Will there be a DEMO? I will probably get this one day….

Wolverick said:

August 23rd, 1:49 pm

@sgtRufus I agree. Adding the home avatar to this kind of game would of been perfect. Maybe even enough incentive for me to visit home for the first time in a year buy a couple avatar items in the home marketplace.

DreadedGazebo said:

August 23rd, 1:50 pm

It would be awesome if this version used the same original pattern that Michael Larson memorized :)

SgtRufus said:

August 23rd, 1:52 pm

@DreadedGazebo….heard about that. I remember hearing awhile back that they were going to make a movie based off him with Bill Murray. Never happened tho…

Train1999 said:

August 23rd, 1:55 pm

I remember this game from the 1980s. Look forward to getting this game tomorrow. I’m ready to “Press my Luck”.

DTXSFC said:

August 23rd, 1:55 pm

I love this game show but I have to put it on the back burner since Shank is out tomorrow. Hopefully we’ll get a demo of this as well tomorrow.

robertmc8 said:

August 23rd, 1:57 pm

Looks Fun! I waited for ages for this game come out :)

Chase167 said:

August 23rd, 2:05 pm

Big Money Big Money Big Money Stop! Whammie

Mobius_124 said:

August 23rd, 2:39 pm

i really dont get why this isnt a Home game/ a game in which could of been integrated into Home with imported avatars and a Homespace which would connect to this game….

Jisatsu_Kiddo said:

August 23rd, 2:40 pm

squirt some tears son(puppet). you need to know the show before crying.

DMPrince said:

August 23rd, 2:44 pm

Why isn’t there Ps EYE support? This game would be great with it!!

PuppetShoJustice said:

August 23rd, 2:46 pm

Crying? I do recognize the show. That doesn’t change the fact that this title is beyond ugly; just like the other gameshow based releases.

twelfthdoctor said:

August 23rd, 2:47 pm

to jpbslayer: i got Family Feud when it came out (by these people) and I played quite a bit and haven’t repeated a question yet. With the considerable amount of time they would cover and subject matters, they should easily have 1000s of questions to make this playable for a while.

looking forward to trying it out. was half-tempted to get it for Wii, but much better for PSN and guessing it’ll be the 9.99 price point that FF was.

Eva Jando's Avatar

Eva Jando said:

August 23rd, 6:40 pm

I’m glad you enjoyed Family Feud!
    You are correct, Press Your Luck is the same price at $9.99, and we have indeed packed it with thousands of questions to keep the fun going.

aukevin said:

August 23rd, 2:57 pm

I thought Wheel of Fortune and Jeopardy were pretty lackluster, so that kept me from getting Family Feud. Press Your Luck was my favorite game show as a kid though, so I might have to grab this one.

Eva Jando's Avatar

Eva Jando said:

August 23rd, 6:45 pm

Hi aukevin, the two games you mention were not created by Ludia so I can’t comment on that, but I can say that Family Feud was the most downloaded game on PSN in July, so folks seem to like it. I recommend giving Family Feud and/or Press Your Luck a try. I don’t think you’ll be disappointed.

IDOLO1013 said:

August 23rd, 3:03 pm

Going to purchase a $50 PSN card tomorrow & get the game with shank.

UNIT-TRB said:

August 23rd, 3:09 pm

lol….I was just joking with a friend about a game based on Press Your Luck.

vegan_mekey said:

August 23rd, 3:20 pm

Anyone interested should check out the article about “Press Your Luck” TV Game show on Rotten dot com library. It’s about how Michael Larsen, game show contestant, “hacked” this show inevitably causing the downfall of the Television program.

Type: “Press Your luck” Rotten

Into google search engine

PS Don’t worry the “library” at Rotten Dot Com is no way relative towards the main site. Do not enter Rotten dot com main site, if you want to maintain purity of your soul.

Se7enthSign said:

August 23rd, 3:32 pm

@28: These guys are not the same team that did Jeopardy and Wheel of Fortune. Ludia, the team that is releasing this game, also did The Price is Right (meh) and Family Feud (pretty solid). IMO the Ludia games are superior to the previous Sony titles, mainly because there’s actually a host and VOICE ACTING! That adds so much more life to the games. I don’t like the character models, but other than that, Family Feud was a lot of fun, and I’m expecting this to be even better. The only thing I can hope for now is some question packs when these inevitably get old.

Squirtbot said:

August 23rd, 3:33 pm

@Jisatsu_Kiddo Is that comment directed at me? I watched that show when it was originally aired on TV, plus the reruns on USA… As to my crying, what… should the game be $19.99? You can eat Whammys!

wolfzero1 said:

August 23rd, 4:09 pm

I remember watching this when I was a kid. hopefully it doesn’t cost to much & has some trophies.

KILLZONE79 said:

August 23rd, 4:33 pm

awesome finally, this was my favorite show to watch on TV
thanks ludia for developing this game :)

day 1 buy here :)

Eva Jando's Avatar

Eva Jando said:

August 23rd, 6:47 pm

Thanks for your support, KILLZONE79! Watch out for the Whammies;)

(The game is $9.99)

KILLZONE79 said:

August 23rd, 4:36 pm

Wait! how much is this game gonna cost ludia?

DazeOfWar said:

August 23rd, 5:21 pm

I’ll definitely pick this up for a good price. Use to love watching the show. Buying Shank tomorrow so this might have to wait.

quickstraw said:

August 23rd, 5:53 pm

For those worried about questions repeating themselves, don’t worry. This game isn’t about answering questions. The game’s fun is in the spins and the strategy on playing or passing. With 2,500 questions, not many should repeat. But even if they did, it doesn’t hurt the fun of the game. The original game show was setup with fairly easy questions so each contestant would have a decent amount of spins. More spins, more fun.

Frostquake said:

August 23rd, 6:29 pm

I got this on other console, and it is absolute garbage!!! Cost $19.99 and trade-in value of .75 cents!!

KILLZONE79 said:

August 23rd, 6:40 pm

@ Frostquake other console lol

thats why u stick whith US PS3 users, you failed epicly lol.
we PS3 users get for $9.99

KILLZONE79 said:

August 23rd, 6:41 pm

@Frostquake

1 more thing, PS3 pwns so hard!

Frostquake said:

August 23rd, 6:44 pm

I bought it on that White Console for my Nephew and it was HORRIBLE. I would NEVER buy this game for myself, as I don’t understand the fascination with Game Show Games on Consoles where you actually win NOTHING…ROFL…but it takes all kinds to make the game world turn round…just like Phat Bottomed Girls-aka Queen, ;)

Frostquake said:

August 23rd, 6:45 pm

edit: I Love my PS3….The only time I dust off my White Box is for the kids…LOL

viguru said:

August 23rd, 7:04 pm

big bucks, big bucks, NO WHAMMIES!! hehe.

tidus808 said:

August 23rd, 8:42 pm

NO WHAMMIES!!!

swordzmanp236 said:

August 23rd, 10:28 pm

@44 …and STOP on a WHAMMY™!

(A clairvoyant Whammy™ appears, with her crystal ball before her.)

“It’s coming to me now! I see financial disaster in your future!!”

(Boing!)

This was one of my favorite game shows as a kid, simply because of those ‘toons

Daojones said:

August 23rd, 11:42 pm

OMG YES! It has the board sound effects! Well, they sound close enough, damn you nostalgia messing with my head! I almost bought the Wii version of Press Your Luck until I found out there were no sound effects and come on, that was part of the game!

Doo doo doo doo doo STOP!

Thank you Ludia for keeping it real! ;)

Turnip said:

August 24th, 1:42 am

Holy Sh–! Does it have all the whammy animations? If it has the one where the whammy guys dance across your score with a broom I’m buying this.

bgenius said:

August 24th, 3:06 am

@frostquake

Perhaps you will win something. Invisible trophies lol

hush404 said: