Overwatch

Sep 01

Sep 01

Top Hand Rodeo Tour Announced for PSN and PlayStation Move

Chris Curra's Avatar Posted by VP of Production, Perpetual FX Creative

Hey guys, Chris here from Perpetual FX. We’re really excited to finally announce what we’ve
been working on exclusively for PSN: Top Hand Rodeo Tour! We are creating something no one has ever seen before, as there has been no rodeo game that will compare visually and from a gameplay standpoint.

With Top Hand Rodeo Tour, we really wanted to bring the full experience of professional rodeo to anyone and everyone asrealistically as possible. That’s why we chose to work with the PlayStation Move motion controller.

Everything in the game you play, see and hear was created from scratch and designed from the ground up for a completely fresh take on the modern face of rodeo. We have a ton planned for the game, including a variety of white-knuckle events like calf roping and team roping. We also are currently working on never-before-seen barrel and mounted shooting mechanics and track configurations, all of which will be playable in highly competitive online and local multiplayer.

For those of you who really want to channel your inner-cowboy, you’ll be able to customize your cowboy, cowgirl and horse visually, as well as upgrade and customize their statistics helping you down the line as the levels get better and faster.

Bottom line, we couldn’t be happier about working exclusively with Sony and using PlayStation Move to bring you guys and girls the most unique take on rodeo this side of the Rio Grande. Let us know what y’all think and be sure to check out our website for more information.

Add Your Own

riclucas said:

September 1st, 6:10 am

Great concept! I’m surprised that no-one hasn’t made a game based on all the different rodeo disciplines before! I really enjoyed seeing the Calgary Stampede a few years back and I am looking forward to seeing how this game turns out.

Are you planning to make a demo to release alongside the full game though?

Chris Curra's Avatar

Chris Curra said:

September 3rd, 8:32 am

Yes a demo is in the works!

darkwing75 said:

September 1st, 6:27 am

Can’t wait to see how this works, looks like calf roping is a natural with the Move

RafelContin said:

September 1st, 6:32 am

This is LAME!!

I cant belive that sony suports this stupid sport that is nothing but cruelty to animals.

backbreaker65 said:

September 1st, 6:33 am

Pleasant surprise, I’m looking forward to playing your game. New experiences are always welcomed.

spatsnaz said:

September 1st, 6:34 am

Will be keeping an eye on this for sure.

TUSTIN1 said:

September 1st, 6:47 am

@3 – Since it’s digital, there’s no cruelty to animals whatsoever – any activist types like yourself should be happy about that.

I think it’s an interesting concept myself…

snake4308 said:

September 1st, 6:50 am

This looks very innovative.
I too will be keeping an eye on this one
btw I’m at college!

kenny-1995 said:

September 1st, 6:54 am

i won’t get it. sorry sony

RafelContin said:

September 1st, 6:55 am

@6 Any kind of suport or sugestion to cruelty with animals should be banned.

BrianMcGuinness said:

September 1st, 7:01 am

I heard Michael Vick’s signed on for Nintendogs ’11.

riclucas said:

September 1st, 7:05 am

Somehow I knew this would turn into an animal cruelty discussion.

Just remember everyone…Don’t feed the trolls!

NeoHumpty said:

September 1st, 7:12 am

I’m about to eat a steak for breakfast, so I won’t say anything about animal cruelty. lol.

I would have liked to see some gameplay in the trailer, though.

TUSTIN1 said:

September 1st, 7:16 am

@9 – LMFAO – I guess Resident Evil 5 encourages cruelty do dogs, ravens, chickens, crocodiles, fish – not to mention zombies…quick, ban it!

TUSTIN1 said:

September 1st, 7:17 am

…whoops, forgot snakes and spiders…

CartBlanche said:

September 1st, 7:18 am

Any new games types are welcome. Looking forward to seeing more!

KAPADO said:

September 1st, 7:31 am

Ooh snap I am gonna become a cowboy then

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

September 1st, 7:35 am

I eat meat everyday!
LOL

remanutd5 said:

September 1st, 7:42 am

interesting , very interesting

S-E-G said:

September 1st, 7:50 am

to much lag with move, not interrested

jimmyfoxhound said:

September 1st, 7:54 am

Make it a calf lassoing a cowboy and I’ll get it! XD

jet_franson said:

September 1st, 7:54 am

Not loving the filmed trailer… how ’bout some gameplay footage?

jgrizzle358 said:

September 1st, 7:59 am

please stop making games that are ONLY supported by the Move, I can understand small party games, but if yur gonna make big games, make it so u have the option to use BOTH controllers, not just 1 or the other. Cuz I swear to God if a game like inFamous 2 comes out and u have to have the Move to play it, I will rip some heads off. But I trust Sony won’t do that, cuz not giving options and forcing us to buy more stuff is VERY bad customer service… oops, that’s right, I forgot, Sony already did that by forcing ppl with SDTVs to buy HDTVs so they could actually see the games, so what’s to stop them now from FORCING us to upgrade to the Move? START GIVING OPTIONS! >:(

Chris Curra's Avatar

Chris Curra said:

September 3rd, 8:35 am

The game will allow players to use Move or Dualshock controllers!

Bearsharktopus said:

September 1st, 8:28 am

aaaand here comes the shovelware.

gunUdwn said:

September 1st, 8:45 am

@RafelContin I’m sorry. what was that about animal cruelty? I couldn’t hear you over the sound of me shooting and skinning a horse in Red Dead Redemption

Chuckbait said:

September 1st, 8:46 am

I love to hear new gaming ideas….never have i seen a “rodeo game”

I will most likely NOT buy this game…but im just one person, i’m sure lots of people would be interested in this title.

as for this being shovelware @comment #23…. Nintendo does not quality test games put on the wii and ds…. Sony and Microsoft do.

SirTrigalot said:

September 1st, 8:55 am

@6 – yeah ban anything that has cruelty to animals but lets have billions of games were we kill humans all day long. Keep fluffy safe while I kill Bill. What logic

RafelContin said:

September 1st, 9:09 am

You can make fun of it as much as you want, but i still thing that Sony shouldn´t promote or suport a stupid and unnecessary “sport” as rodeo.

jgrizzle358 said:

September 1st, 9:21 am

I’m not against eating animals, but Blue Face Guy is right… rodeos are cruel in real life. And I personally find them extremely stupid and pointless. The ppl who get trampled by a horse or gored by a bull in these things deserve it. I hate country life soooo much. Too many racist “yee-haww” hillbillies and whatnot.

spethal0 said:

September 1st, 9:46 am

Seriously people stop complaining about animal rights in video games. There’s always going to be something amoral. If you think they shouldn’t promote animal cruelty then they shouldn’t promote human cruelty either. Then what would we have? We wouldn’t have anything. Video games are made for entertainment. They are specifically made for those who enjoy the sport or genre of game being made. So if you don’t like a game or think it’s amoral then don’t play it. Simple as that.

gunUdwn said:

September 1st, 10:04 am

@RafelContin but they have ping pong. and I’m sorry I was just thinking about how just last week two people got shot in the face for nothing more than their sexual orientation, so forgive me if I’m not quick to weep for your virtual animals.

Jeigh said:

September 1st, 10:26 am

I would’ve loved to have seen some actual gameplay footage. All the same, KUDOS for originality; while every other developer is on Shooter #12, you guys are bringing something entirely new to the table.

@ jgrizzle358 (22)

There are just some things the DS3 can’t do. What you’re asking for is that any Move-specific (not possible on DS3) title be immediately knocked down to a budget title so that you don’t feel left out on something that you ARE being left out on. Don’t try to hamper Move titles’ quality.

And are you serious? “You want to ‘force’ me to buy this new product!?” OF COURSE THEY DO! They’re a BUSINESS and trying to build an install base for this major new peripheral. Incentivizing this purchase is PRECISELY what they want! And for your information, I’ve been playing on an SDTV for 3 years.

Jeigh said:

September 1st, 10:39 am

@ jgrizzle358

In my editing, I forgot to mention: it’s ridiculous to believe that they’d phase out the DS3. It comes standard with all PS3s, almost every game for the past three years still requires it, most control setups are already geared toward it and, in comparison with the Move, far more people have one. Taking a big budget title the likes of inFamous 2 and slicing its potential market from “PS3 owners” to “PS3 owners with Move” wouldn’t be wise.

For the majority of major gaming titles, Move will almost always be limited to an “option.” (An advantageous option to be sure, which may find you getting owned online.) Dial down the paranoia and think things through.

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

September 1st, 10:41 am

war is realy more “cruel” fyou ask me…
we play war games everyday, and no one complain.

ProjectInfiniti said:

September 1st, 10:58 am

man was that sausage, egg and cheese sandwich good this morning. pork chops for dinner!

EggySong85 said:

September 1st, 11:13 am

@ RafelContin
Consider me trolled.
As unhappy as it makes you, there is a market out there who will buy this game and others like 18 pro-wheeler trucker etc… On top of that, 95% of gamers out there are going to be indifferent to the morals of this game. Considering the kind of things you can do in a R* game, who’s right is it to cry foul at a mediocre sports game where nothing actually dies at all? Besides, cattle is usually raised to get slaughtered anyway. It wouldn’t suit Sony to ban a game based on animal cruelty when it allows games that glorify shooting cops, breaking laws, and slaughtering people.

Odds are that only the 5% of people out there who actually watch or perform in Rodeos will be the only ones interested in this game… Quit picking on people who are different than you.

Chalkoutline72 said:

September 1st, 11:46 am

“Here’s a sneak peak of what it will take for you to become the top hand. Check it out!”

Ok, so you hired an actor and bought a camera… Let’s see some gameplay!

Chris Curra's Avatar

Chris Curra said:

September 3rd, 8:43 am

The next trailer will include gameplay. Patience grasshopper!

LUGIEZ said:

September 1st, 12:14 pm

Well I have always dreamed of being a cowboy in a rodeo in Austin, TX specifically. so yes!

RafelContin said:

September 1st, 12:45 pm

I don´t know if it´s just me, but i can see a HUGE diference between a action game based on total fictional and fantastic story where you have to shoot people and a sport game who simulates a real sport where animals are mistreaten.
I really hope that when you are playing a rockstar game, you know that you are comiting crimes in there. And crimes are WRONG, right!?
People who will play this rodeo game can have the wrong image that rodeos are cool or something…which they are NOT.

Davenport said:

September 1st, 1:39 pm

Completely retarded. You want to know what I think… show me a trailer with gameplay! That video was a waste of time. What a joke.

Bearsharktopus said:

September 1st, 3:51 pm

@25
you can quality test crap all you want. Doesn’t make it any less crap.

TUSTIN1 said:

September 1st, 4:23 pm

@38 – I think you’re confusing this with ‘Top Hand Slaughterhouse’ – the game that encourages you cut and wrap your kills in addition to grinding fresh hamburg and sausage meat…

Jvolel said:

September 1st, 7:57 pm

Give us duels and stuff!

jgrizzle358 said:

September 2nd, 1:34 am

@Jeigh u have valid points, but still, options are nice. The next DS is a 3-DS, it will be able to play games in 3D, but according to GameInformer, it will also have a switch that lets u adjust the 3D intensity or… wait for it… TURN IT OFF COMPLETELY! :D

now THAT is good marketing, OPTIONS. If they forced u to play in 3D indefinitely then ppl who hate 3D wouldn’t be able to play games exclusive to that system, but since they will give u to option to turn the 3D off, then everyone can enjoy.

If Sony would follow this same marketing technique they’d gain more fans and money rather then losing it. It’s stupid moves like this that cause the Xbots to flame us. Oh that and the fact that the PS3 freezes all the bloody time. But it’s ok, we have free internet and better exclusives. Just horrible HORRIBLE customer service.

King_Bobo said:

September 2nd, 1:40 am

Sounds awesome! Yet another reason to pick up Move :D

Midgetguy said:

September 2nd, 2:11 pm

I don’t really see this gaming having much of an audience…

Personally it’s not my thing, but if I see gameplay, and it looks fun, I might give it a go!

Oh, and just throwing this out here… the trailer lies: I don’t dream about being a cowboy…

=P

Chris Curra's Avatar

Chris Curra said:

September 3rd, 8:45 am

You will someday….

ciardulloj86 said:

September 3rd, 7:08 am

I did not receie a MOVE BUT IT DOES LOOK FUN IT IS DUE OUT I BELIEVE ON THE 2TH OF SEPT. HAVE TO TRY IT.

austinite04 said:

September 4th, 6:25 pm

@RafaelCantin, ITS A GAME, no real animals get hurt, DUH!

Your comment is dumb, Sony will allow just about any game on their console, except HALO 3,lol…

austinite04 said:

September 4th, 6:28 pm

#29 Spethalo makes a Point, If you don’t want animal or human cruelty then all games would be as DULL and boring as PS Home.. Do you think COD fans would like that?? (NOPE)