Spider-Man PS4

Sep 03

Sep 03

Coming Tuesday to PSN: TerRover for PS3

Scott Hyman's Avatar Posted by VP of Publishing, Creat Studios

Hey there, PlayStation faithful! It’s Scott from Creat Studios, back again like a bad vampire movie sequel. Haven’t heard about TerRover, our upcoming release from Sony Online Entertainment? Let me tell you all about it. TerRover will hit the PlayStation Network on Tuesday, September 7th for $14.99 and keep you playing for untold hours thereafter.

The TerRover is a cute little robot buggy with a big smile and warm heart in need of your help to find a new planetary home for him and his friends. You get weapons and tools and a chassis equipped with rocket launchers, magnet cables and more to assist in collecting all the mechanical parts scattered about and discovering the secret areas and hidden passages.

Now, the new stuff: TerRover features over 40 stages of puzzling arcade levels on five strange and different planets, each with its own physics and funky, eye-popping 2D art style. All pose unique threats and their own version of fun! The icy vistas of Congelata let you dig through snow and glide along stretches of ice. The all-tech surfaces of Mechanica toss you about its gears and motorized hazards. Robot-eating plants, underground rivers, and strange vegetation on the terrains of Acor and Aura will keep you and your TerRover on your toes (er… wheels?) The treacherous volcanoes and lava of Volcanus can thrust you high into the air or melt you on contact.

TerRoverTerRover

When you do complete a challenging level and feel the need to show the world just how you did it, you can! TerRover offers YouTube support to upload your latest escapade to the internet and crown yourself as TerRover champion. That’s not enough? Well, then you’ll have to rack up the multitude of Trophies available and make your status official to everyone.

And if you need a break from all that pressure of trying to relocate the TerRover population to safety, there’s great local multiplayer action, too! Up to four players can compete in a number of different modes and races in different locations. While the multiplayer is competitive, it occasionally takes a cooperative turn, and forces you and your opponent to briefly work together.

TerRover for PS3: core team

Our team at Creat Studios frequently gets asked about the inspiration for TerRover’s expressing emotions. To better explain it, let’s hear from TerRover’s producer, Olga Solokova:

“We discussed it at the very beginning, based on our experience of making an inanimate character come to life on previous project, Digger HD. We thought it was cool, so we set out to push it further and make TerRover smile, gasp and frown, get angry or frustrated, to make him feel and express emotion. Early into production, TerRover was alive due to the amazing work of our art director, Anastasia Vasilieva. She’s a master of perfecting small and cute things, like she did on Mushroom Wars. We laughed a lot while working on TerRover, and I hope that we’ll make the players feel that and smile at TerRover’s funny faces, too.”

Everyone at Creat Studios really hopes you enjoy our newest game, and we want to hear from you. Please drop by our website, check us out on Facebook, or follow us on Twitter, and tell us what you think. As always… thank you again to all of our fans out there. We can’t do what we love without you.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DZORMAGEN said:

September 3rd, 12:03 pm

This is a great game, but I think it should be $9.99.

September 3rd, 12:05 pm

We’re glad that you like the game, Dzormagen. We do hope that you’ll give it a shot.

Mucudadada said:

September 3rd, 12:06 pm

I loved, loved the demo of this. Very unique and charming!

September 3rd, 12:07 pm

Thanks so much, Mucudadada! It means a lot to the whole team that you enjoyed it. We hope you’ll pick up the full game. If you do, please let us know what you think.

Stinkinmushroom said:

September 3rd, 12:10 pm

never heard of it but i’m in love with it already. Can PS+ subs have some kind of discount?

September 3rd, 12:11 pm

I’m not sure about the PS+ discuont, Stinkinmushroom, but we’re happy that you like what you see.

CrashSpyro said:

September 3rd, 12:10 pm

So does this mean that the demo will also be out next week? Thanks.

September 3rd, 12:12 pm

I believe so, CrashSpyro. I’ll see if I can get confirmation on that.

taekw0nd0j0 said:

September 3rd, 12:11 pm

It was a pretty good game. I enjoyed the demo a lot. I might just have to buy it on Tuesday.

September 3rd, 12:12 pm

Thanks, taekw0nd0j0. Please let us know how you enjoy the full game.

dante341 said:

September 3rd, 12:12 pm

how long is the game ? will there be a demo ?

September 3rd, 12:14 pm

There is a demo, dante341. I believe it will be available at launch.

As far as how long the game is, well that depends on your skill set, I suppose. :-) It’s not a 2-3 hour quickie, for sure. but it’s not an 80 hour epic, either.

boxmyth said:

September 3rd, 12:12 pm

Kind of a Pixeljunk vibe to it.
I like.

September 3rd, 12:15 pm

Glad you like, boxmyth. Thanks!

DZORMAGEN said:

September 3rd, 12:13 pm

If Plus members can get $5.00 off week one, I will buy this game in a heartbeat. Right now plus members like me, feel like they have been slapped in the face by Sony.

DWilson8504 said:

September 3rd, 12:13 pm

The demo is amazing! Awesome game, best game from you guys so far. However, I refuse to pay $14.99 for any PSN game $9.99 is my max so I’ll be patiently waiting a price drop on this one.

adolson said:

September 3rd, 12:14 pm

@Stinkinmushroom – PS+ members have a demo… How have you not heard of it??

This game is awesome, btw. Judging by the demo, anyhow. I love it – PixelJunk fans should dig it – it feels like one of those games.

September 3rd, 12:16 pm

Thanks, adolson. But go easy and Stinkinmushroom. We all can’t keep up on everything!

Glad you liked the demo. We hope you’ll give the full game a try.

Destiny89 said:

September 3rd, 12:15 pm

Hope the trophies aren’t so hard to get

September 3rd, 12:16 pm

Some trophies aren’t too tough. But there are a few crazy fun challenges in there, too.

GammaRay489 said:

September 3rd, 12:17 pm

I played the demo and fell right in love with it, super unique and fun picking the game up when it comes out I was super bummed out when I found out it previously had no release date super excited to see it coming out so soon all my friends I have shown it too love it congrats to the team on the launch!

September 3rd, 12:18 pm

I will pass on your congratulations to the team, GammaRay489. We’re thrilled that you fell in love with our little robot. If your friends like it, just wait until you get them together for some multi-player action!

jh6269 said:

September 3rd, 12:18 pm

Hey Scott, if you could just strong arm the SonyRewards site to add PSN e-Vouchers back onto the site, I’d love to pick this game up ;)

September 3rd, 12:19 pm

I don’t think I have that kind of power (not yet… bwah! ha!ha!) but I’ll ass it along. Either way, I hope you get a chance to pick it up and tell us what you think.

that-acmilan-guy said:

September 3rd, 12:21 pm

i played the demo. loved the simple visuals and great puzzling landscape.

September 3rd, 12:23 pm

Glad to learn that you tried and enjoyed the demo, that-acmilan-guy. Please let us know your thoughts for the full game.

Firelli00 said:

September 3rd, 12:21 pm

Money is tight right now. I’ll wait for a PS+ discount. Great game tho!

September 3rd, 12:23 pm

I hear you, Firelli00. When you get the chance to grab it, please let us know your impressions.

HeLLeVeN11 said:

September 3rd, 12:21 pm

SWEEEETTT!!! Was’nt expecting a release so soon, day 1 buy for me :)

September 3rd, 12:24 pm

That’s what we like to hear, HeLLeVen!!! Enjoy!

kivi95 said:

September 3rd, 12:21 pm

I would love to buy this but $14.99 is to expansive it should be like $9.99-$12.99.

that-acmilan-guy said:

September 3rd, 12:22 pm

yeah 15$ is too much, its a 10$ title imo.

Stinkinmushroom said:

September 3rd, 12:22 pm

@12 > apparently not europe :(

Chillbilly2 said:

September 3rd, 12:24 pm

Sold! The demo was awesome!! I love the gameplay and the style. Looking forward to the full game on Tuesday. Great job guys!

September 3rd, 12:26 pm

Thanks, Chillbilly2! That means a lot to the team. Please pass along your thoughts when you pick up the full game.

TheZed88 said:

September 3rd, 12:25 pm

I agree with DWilson8504. This looks like a great game, and the demo was crazy hard/fun, but I think this is the kind of game I’ll wait to snatch up the moment the price drops.

September 3rd, 12:28 pm

Thanks for the kind words, TheZed88. We appreciate you sharing your view, and hope that you’ll pick up TerRover, whether sooner or later. If you do, we would love to know how you liked it.

CrashSpyro said:

September 3rd, 12:25 pm

Just read the post, is Anastasia the person behind the art styles of Mushroom Wars and TerRover? I hope she gets more work at Creat since these kinds of games stand out more than some of the other Creat Studios games.

September 3rd, 12:27 pm

Crash, you’re going to make Anastasia blush. But don’t worry, we keep her plenty busy. This is PSN game number 10 for us, and plenty more is in the works. Stay tuned!

Deak-in said:

September 3rd, 12:27 pm

Any info as to when it’s being released on the EU Playstation Store? Been following this game ever since it was first announced and it looks awesome fun! :)

September 3rd, 12:30 pm

Deak-in, we don’t have a firm date locked down yet, but I’m sure that it’s very, very soon. As soon as we know, we’ll pass it along. We’re glad that you like what you see so far.

polo155 said:

September 3rd, 12:28 pm

very fun game and my friends lved the demo too kept askin when to get it when i had it from Qore :)

September 3rd, 12:31 pm

Very cool, polo155. Now you will have to battle your friends in multi-player mode!

GT-420 said:

September 3rd, 12:28 pm

I thought the demo showed this to be a really well designed game. But it’s just not for me, I found it too frustrating to control when the rover gets stuck a lot. I know with practice many can get over that and access the obvious fun in this title, but I’m not patient enough for that kind of game anymore.

But I’d give a hard look to anything you guys develop in the future because its clearly a great game, just not my type of thing.

September 3rd, 12:33 pm

I can respect that, GT-420. Not every game is for everyone. But we really like that you can appreciate it, regardless. We’ve made 10 games for PSN so far,so perhaps you may like one of our other 9. You can check them out on our PSN Publisher Page.

Blkant said:

September 3rd, 12:30 pm

Already played the early access demo and I must say, I haven’t really been a huge fan of any of your games before but TerRover is definitely on my list. It was a lot of fun, I’m looking forward to its release :)

September 3rd, 12:34 pm

Thanks, Blkant. As I wrote above, not every game is for everyone. We hope you enjoy TerRover, and we have plenty more coming, too. Perhaps you’ll also like one of them.

jh6269 said:

September 3rd, 12:31 pm

RE: #13

Thanks Scott, I think you meant “pass” it along, but you can a## it a long too, just as long as we get e-vouchers back. LOL

Oh, and where are the freaking space dinosaurs you promised for Magic Orbz?!

Anyway, thanks for all the great stuff that you guys are doing!

September 3rd, 12:36 pm

Wow, that’s quite an inconvenient typo. Whoops… sorry ’bout that.

I’m pushing the dinosaur agenda, jh6269. But I can’t comment on anything more than that just yet,

SpyDudeFX said:

September 3rd, 12:32 pm

Another original compelling title from Creat, I love the demo but thought the controls were difficult. The other thing I’m curious about are trophies, Mushroom Wars 100 multiplayer offline matches trophy = not a good idea.

SpyDudeFX said:

September 3rd, 12:37 pm

Oh yeah any plans for Interpol DLC? That’s such a fun game and DLC would be great!

September 3rd, 12:38 pm

No plans for Interpol DLC just yet… but if we get more requests, it can always happen.

September 3rd, 12:37 pm

Thanky, SpyDudeFX. Yeah, I know the controls are challenging, but I can tel you first hand that they more you use ’em, the more fun it gets.

There are lots and lots of Trophies, for sure, but I’m unsure how they stack up vs. Mushroom Wars.

SpyDudeFX said:

September 3rd, 12:42 pm

Thx Scott, I will play the demo some more to master it better because it does look like such a great game. $9.99 is of course better but keep in mind you pay for quality development and I think this is one of those PSN gems.

September 3rd, 12:45 pm

We like to think it’s one of those gems, too! Please let us know what you think after you get it.

SpyDudeFX said:

September 3rd, 12:44 pm

Oh yeah dynamic themes and avatars are needed. Mushroom Wars, MagicOrbz, TerRover would all make for great extra content on PSN.

VixDiesel said:

September 3rd, 12:45 pm

I kind of want this but I’m not sure about the 15$ price tag. I’ll have to wait for reviews and then I gotta wait to get my busted ps3 back.

September 3rd, 12:47 pm

Reviews should be coming soon, VixDiesel. I’m just concerned about your poor PS3. Will it be ok?

PhillyTheCat said:

September 3rd, 1:01 pm

@ Scott Hyman~ Although I do not own a PS3(only PSP3000), I just had to view the video. First thought in my mind: Wow, this looks like a winner! Unique, fun, & entertaining for online gaming/or solo play. I am sure it will be a big hit for you all at “Creat Studios!” Next, it does look worth $15 in my opinion. When I do buy a Ps3 I will demo and more than likely purchase. Lastly, this blog has the most replies I have ever seen on any blog to date…Way to go communicating with the community!

September 3rd, 1:13 pm

Thanks so much for such kind sentiments, PhillyTheCat. I do hope that you get the chance to play the game on a PS3 (preferably your own) very soon.

If you poke around the PlayStation blog site, you will find that we like to respond frequently to postings for our games. PlayStation Network is very important to Creat Studios, and we can’t learn about what players want without talking to them as much as possible.

T3mpr1x said:

September 3rd, 1:02 pm

Sold! Loved the demo, gonna pick this up when it releases no questions asked. you guys/gals at Creat and the other guys/gals at Q-Games are some of the best PSN developers around!

September 3rd, 1:15 pm

Thanks, T3mpr1x! Placing us in the same sentence as Q-Games is quite the compliment. Everyone here loves their work!

Please let us know what you think of the full game after you get a chance to play.

Phoenix8387 said:

September 3rd, 1:08 pm

I liked the demo, but I really felt the physics were too harsh at times. I swear I spent around 10 minutes trying to get out of the ball pit.

September 3rd, 1:16 pm

Oooh… the ball pit! It can really drive you crazy at times. But when you get the hang of it, it’s soooo much fun. :-)

Thanks, Phoenix8387!

NESGamepro said:

September 3rd, 1:16 pm

One of your best games, if not the best. Based on playing the demo. I hope you guys keep up with the PS+ support too.

September 3rd, 1:18 pm

So kind of you, NESGamepro. We’re all very proud of TerRover.

And yes, we plan to keep supporting PS+, too. We do love all things PlayStation at Creat.

UNCyrus said:

September 3rd, 1:20 pm

Always good to see a developer that cares about their community and fields questions like this. Keep up the great work, Creat

September 3rd, 1:23 pm

Thanks, UNCyrus. We do try. If you have ideas, suggestions, comments, etc., please feel free to drop by our website, Facebook or Twitter. We always want to know what you want to see and play.

TheGuardianFID said:

September 3rd, 1:25 pm

Loved the demo and the creativity, consider it SOLD!!! 8)

September 3rd, 1:28 pm

Thanks, TheGuardianFID! Please let us know how you enjoy the full version.

TheGuardianFID said:

September 3rd, 1:36 pm

Will do Scott, and give my thanks to the rest of the team on a job well done!!! 8)

September 3rd, 1:41 pm

I’ll be sure to pass it along!

jbsmooth7 said:

September 3rd, 1:37 pm

Played this on the Qore exclusive last month! Definitely a D1P for me. Very excited.

September 3rd, 1:42 pm

So glad you enjoyed it, jbsmooth7! Be sure to drop us a line and tell us how you like the full version.

cyco-paph626 said:

September 3rd, 1:39 pm

is the gameplay sixaxis?

September 3rd, 1:42 pm

I don’t believe so, cyco. I’ll try and verify that.

darkwing75 said:

September 3rd, 1:41 pm

loving the MP aspect!

September 3rd, 1:42 pm

The MP is my favorite part, darkwing75. Enjoy!

DaMann22 said:

September 3rd, 1:45 pm

Looks great, can you play it on remote play? This would be a great game to play on my GO.

September 3rd, 1:54 pm

Good questions, DaMann22. Another one for me to find out.

DarthDanMan said:

September 3rd, 1:46 pm

How many trophies will it have cause I think a platinum is wishing to high.

September 3rd, 1:54 pm

I’m pretty sure that there’s no Platinum Trophy, DarthDanMan, but there are quite a bit. I don’t have an exact number right here, unfortunately.

DarthDanMan said:

September 3rd, 1:59 pm

Thanks for replying and I agree with DaMann remote play would be awsome

MiiAmigo said:

September 3rd, 2:01 pm

WOW! I’m sold. My PS3 will be smiling cause of this. Wish there was an app for that too.

September 3rd, 2:23 pm

An app to make a PS3 smile? Now there’s an idea!

Jeigh said:

September 3rd, 2:16 pm

If my PS3 smiled… that’d be creepy…

I can’t be sure, but I think I’d try to smash it back down with the nearest object… probably a controller, which would be a real shame (in my mind, I see it sort of deforming, maybe growing a pair of eyes on top).

I’m going to keep this demo on my PS3 as a reminder to buy it (that’s how I do it with all of my games- the economy’s sort of left me short-changed and underworked), but only on the condition that my PS3 maintains its current physical and emotional state as an inanimate object- I’ll do the smiling for it.

September 3rd, 2:25 pm

It’s your PS3, Jeigh. It shouldn’t become sentient unless you allow it. Just be sure that it gets to download TerRover. That’s all we ask.

Justp94 said:

September 3rd, 2:25 pm

Looks similar to a PixelJunk type of game…. price is a little too high… Should be $9.99…

Glacier928 said:

September 3rd, 2:36 pm

The demo was a lot of fun and the physics are excellent with intuitive controls. Unfortunately I’m going to have to wait to buy it since it comes out the day I start my final semester of college and my money has to go to books :(

After this semester though, maybe I can get a job in the Gaming Industry! Any jobs open with you guys at Creat Studios by any chance? :)

PAGE 1 2