PlayStation VR

Sep 06

Sep 06

Under Siege for PS3: First Video, PlayStation Move Details

Filipe Pina's Avatar Posted by Producer, Under Siege

Hi everyone! We’re proud to present Under Siege to the readers of the PlayStation.Blog. In a nutshell:

• Under Siege is a real-time strategy game exclusive to the PS3 and the PSN store.
  • It includes a juicy single player campaign as well as online and local multiplayer content.
  • The in-game Editor enables players to create their own maps and share them with the world!

Under Siege for PS3 with PlayStation Move

What’s that you say? How juicy is the campaign?

For starters, the single-player campaign in Under Siege does not include those pesky grinding levels many other strategy games have; You don’t have to spend half an hour getting wood to then build a base, and so on. Your army is always there with you, growing persistently from level to level. Your army also gains experience ranking up as they fight, so it’s important to keep them alive because when they die… well, we like to think that they were somebody’s son.

Oh, and you found a new race in the swamp that wants to join your cause? They can! Because in Under Siege, your army is made up of every race found in the game. This makes for some interesting strategy tactics for multiplayer matches.

Speaking of multiplayer…

You can play multiplayer with up to four players online, and two two locally via split screen. You and your friends can play 1v1, 2v2, 3v1 or four players vs the A.I.

What’s that, Billy? You want to know what multiplayer modes are available? Well, what if I told you that we have all of them? Hummm? Can you touch the stars now, Billy? Can you?

Since in Under Siege every map is made in the Editor, it basically means that any kind of multiplayer mode is possible. Currently, the game will ship with some maps of Deathmatch, Capture Point, Capture Treasure, and Survival. There will be more to come, but these will be a surprise.

Under Siege for PS3 with PlayStation Move Under Siege for PS3 with PlayStation Move

The Editor

The guys at Media Molecule knew what they were doing, so we decided to do the same. The Editor that ships with Under Siege allows everyone to create their maps and share them with the world. It’s the same tool that we used to build all of our maps!

The maps can be single player or multiplayer; A short campaign or a complex co-op survival mode.

What about the game features?

• Control scheme specially designed for the DualShock controller
  • Four players online
  • Two players split screen
  • Video and voice chat in game and in the lobby
  • XMB screenshot and custom music support
  • Video recording

And most important of all, Playstation Move support. That’s right, Under Siege is one of the first RTS games that uses the PlayStation Move, and to prove the implementation is done right, check out our video (above) made specially for the nice folks here at the PlayStation.Blog.

Fire away with those questions!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Andrefpvs said:

September 6th, 10:04 am

This is one of my most anticipated games of the year! Move support seems to work just like I expected.

For those of you who don’t know, Seed Studios are a relatively young development studio, so support them if you’d like to see more games from these talented people!

LHD6 said:

September 6th, 10:08 am

Looks like this will be my first real-time strategy game! When is the release date though?

Andrefpvs said:

September 6th, 10:13 am

I do have a question, though.

How strong of a story will be behind the campaign? I really want to be sorry for my teammates’ fathers in case they die :P

Also, will the map editor allow us to add our own “text cutscenes” to our short campaigns? If not, will you consider adding this via a patch?

Thanks once again for this really feature-rich PSN game!

VichusSmith said:

September 6th, 10:22 am

My question is: Is Steven Segal in it at any point?

Jeigh said:

September 6th, 10:30 am

Sold!

Move Support? Check
In-Game Music? Check
Split-screen? Check
Level Editor? Check!

valley428 said:

September 6th, 10:30 am

split screen and 4 player online strategy game. Does custom music support mean you can play your own music during the game? When does this game come out though…

EdReedFan20 said:

September 6th, 10:30 am

The PS3 has Keyboard and Mouse support. Will this game utilize that feature?

Jeigh said:

September 6th, 10:37 am

Ah, k-rap. (Kenyan Rap)

Forgot to ask: when does it release?

RockSauron said:

September 6th, 10:38 am

Can’t wait! Is looking awesome.

However, are there any in-game resources? It’s probably good not to get too complicated since this is a console RTS… So is this one where you get stuff to build more troops only from killing things, or can you build towns and stuff?

Also, for the Editor, can you make the objects themselves or will there just be pre-made stuff like the pillars? Can you morph them? that’d be a cool feature for the PSMove, like with that video they showed where he was morphing a sword with the Move…

One more thing. Will there be packs post release with more stuff for the Editor? But in any case, can’t wait :p

kdsx2000 said:

September 6th, 10:44 am

Cute. What are you guys gonna do about the PS3 Jailbreak though? Anyone can do it who has a Palm Pre or a Nokia now. They’ve made it so easy. It’s terrifying really. Your company is about to see a flood of unanticipated piracy. Oh Sony.

walnoj said:

September 6th, 10:45 am

This is actually really well-supported. If it’s not outrageously priced or anything, I’ll be there day one, especially for the PS Move support. The video chat is a nice touch. Couple of questions:

– Do you know how much you’re planning to sell it for yet?
– If you’re using PlayStation Move, can you use video chat at the same time?

DMPrince said:

September 6th, 10:45 am

Day 1 for me. can’t wait!

walnoj said:

September 6th, 10:46 am

Oh, and how many people can use a PS Move controller in co-op/multiplayer?

trustkill said:

September 6th, 10:49 am

sick! i’m excited, as long as people actually play it online!

jonathan_val said:

September 6th, 10:51 am

Release date???
How much???

CDubyahS said:

September 6th, 10:55 am

RTS SUXX and video was a bore but good luck theres a lot of sikos on psn to buy this

guyintheloops said:

September 6th, 10:55 am

how about co-op campaign?

Thrasher20 said:

September 6th, 10:56 am

It’s about time we see a video of US. I like it!

Rytteren said:

September 6th, 10:58 am

love it!
if you could preorder a psn game (make it happen sony) and get, som e kind of bonus i would already have done it.

there are more than the 5 units on your homepage right?

Filipe Pina's Avatar

Filipe Pina said:

September 6th, 2:23 pm

There are more units yes, we will unveil later.
    There are more bosses too but they are a surprise for when you play the game :)

Schobeleth said:

September 6th, 10:58 am

I’ve been following this game for ages, I even have an information thread about it up on the PS forums with more info:

I can’t WAIT for this game, knowing that it supports the Move was actually one of the key reasons for me being a day one adopter of it. Filipe and the rest of the guys at SEED seriously deserve some kudos for this awesome game!

Ultranza said:

September 6th, 10:59 am

ok thats it, I’m preordering TWO (yes 2) Move controllers! :D

DeadSpider said:

September 6th, 11:02 am

This is a must have!

Seed-Studios said:

September 6th, 11:04 am

Hi guys,

Regarding the release date, we are currently in tests, Q.A., etc. but it is planned to ship this Fall.

In the Editor you can build your own cutscenes. You cannot import models or deform them. We intend to release later some DLCs with more models for everyone to use.

Custom music can be used anywhere in the game.

We do not support Keyboard + Mouse, except for text entry.

Under Siege has one resource, gold. It is used to recruit more units or train the ones you already have.

We do not support Video Chat and the PS Move at the same time.

Our final price range will be between $10 to $20.

Schobeleth said:

September 6th, 11:08 am

Ok I want to ask one question:

Will there be a full trophy set, including a platinum? If so, I am going to slave away at that platinum because this game is too awesome already.

walnoj said:

September 6th, 11:09 am

Thanks for answering the questions!

Callahan09 said:

September 6th, 11:11 am

This game has literally EVERY. SINGLE. THING. that I could have possibly asked for. You guys out-did yourselves. I’ve been waiting for this game for over a year, actually, and I’ve commented on the official web site for the game a couple of times to show my support. I absolutely can’t wait for this to come out, and after what I think has been too much silence for too long, I am so happy to finally see a new post on the PS Blog about the game. Godspeed, you wonderful people!

Andrefpvs said:

September 6th, 11:13 am

Thanks for the answers!

Can’t you guys reply in red so people don’t skip over your replies?

bgardner said:

September 6th, 11:16 am

looks good. how is ruse with anyone know

Blkant said:

September 6th, 11:18 am

Man this game reminds me of Myth… Do you guys have a fixed release date yet?

krunu said:

September 6th, 11:25 am

Hi,

I’m getting this one for sure.
Looks awesome and it’s really nice to see a new game from a small company especially from my country: Portugal!

I think it’s the first PS3 game developed here.
Good luck.

Looking forward for it

Filipe Pina's Avatar

Filipe Pina said:

September 6th, 2:24 pm

Aquele abraço.

Destiny89 said:

September 6th, 11:29 am

Looks great.
release date?
Price?

kivi95 said:

September 6th, 11:30 am

Qustion:Why is it just one resource?Anyway im still buying this day 1 because the release date is fall for Europe too?

hush404 said:

September 6th, 11:34 am

Soz… this is an actual RTS… and not just a tower defence game… right? SO many people claiming their “RTS” games are beast when they’re all just rip offs of a tiny bit of what makes an RTS game.

SpeedRacer1955 said:

September 6th, 11:41 am

Can I have this today? I have been waiting since Spring ’10 for any information since I heard about this game last year. I am intrigued by the in game video/voice chat feature.

I want it today since it is my Bday. %% (code)

YoyoDevo said:

September 6th, 11:47 am

split screen in an RTS = MASSIVE FAIL. It’s obvious that people posting here don’t know what an RTS is. What strategy is involved if you can just look over at what your opponent is doing on his side of the screen?

Shadowtroop1 said:

September 6th, 11:51 am

Will there be bases?

backbreaker65 said:

September 6th, 11:55 am

Hey send this game to IWaggle3D so he can show us how this game plays with the Move, the same way he did with the RUSE demo and the PS Blog should feature him he does more to sell moves than anyone. Check out his youtube vids on the move.

RUSE

Sports champion Table Tennis

Chessy_08 said:

September 6th, 11:56 am

Am I the only one kind of sad there is no grinding for resources? I actually love in starcraft and warcarft how u have to have enough wood and gold to build farms and enough farms to build a army.

RavageHeitaro said:

September 6th, 11:58 am

i looked through the entire list of features and all i can say is wow….you guys have my money day one :)

GreyLynx said:

September 6th, 12:08 pm

# Video and voice chat in game and in the lobby
# XMB screenshot and custom music support
# Video recording

WHAT!!!!!1

Schobeleth said:

September 6th, 12:31 pm

Nevermind my question, after checking the forums I saw a post from one of the guys from your team stating:

“It has a full trophy list, including platinum.”

LOOKS LIKE I’LL BE A SLAVE TO THIS GAME! IT HAS EVERYTHING!

Jvolel said:

September 6th, 12:39 pm

Looks fun. Is there any plans for dlc? Like new units and abilities? Maybe as a dlc/expansion pack?

Ratchet426 said:

September 6th, 12:40 pm

Looks awesome!

So, how long will it be before Sony shuts down the online servers? A year? 18 months?

Just asking so all the potential game buyers can plan on how long their investment will be playable online…

Signed,

Once-bitten-twice-shy (former) Eye of Judgment player

MarinoBrea said:

September 6th, 12:46 pm

Wow, so many PSN games supporting Move… you know what, Sony should make a MOVE SECTION ON THE PSN STORE, so it’s easy to identify all content in the store that supports it. I think it would be a nice way to let people know.

VincentVendetta said:

September 6th, 1:03 pm

Soooooo, when is it coming out?

niked said:

September 6th, 1:11 pm

This looks so good!! Amazing futures that you have like youtube uploading, ingame music and other fantastic futures. This game and MOVE will be day 1 for me! Fantastic work guys/girls!!

x-former said:

September 6th, 1:26 pm

looks great!

I’ll definitely give this a shot!

Will there be a demo??

LordRaoh said:

September 6th, 1:39 pm

looks awesome, i’ve been looking forward to this title since it was first announced….

ExPresident said:

September 6th, 1:41 pm

Lot of good features/support and then you left out the one thing that will always be greater than a DS3 or MOVE when it comes to RTS and thats keyboard/mouse.

I don’t understand the logic here. The PS3 clearly supports the keyboard/mouse setup and you game is for PS3/PSN yet you aren’t offering to support the feature? The movement with MOVE looks slow and painful and I’m a big fan of MOVE. Keyboard/mouse woulda sold me on the game, shame more devs don’t use it.

PAGE 1 2