Overwatch

Sep 09

Sep 09

PlayStation Moving Into Your Home Soon

Peter Dille's Avatar Posted by Senior Vice President, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Hello PlayStation Nation,

This is a particularly special week for the PlayStation brand. Today, we’re celebrating the 15th anniversary of PlayStation in North America. As someone who was here at SCEA on 9/9/95, I can honestly say that the same enthusiasm and commitment to delivering great entertainment still drives the brand forward. Which brings me to why this next week will also be special – the launch of one of the most exciting new products of the year: PlayStation Move. We’ve been gearing up for the big launch of PlayStation Move in stores across North America next week and over the course of the next few months you’ll be hearing quite a bit about PlayStation Move on your TVs, online, at your favorite PlayStation retailer, at your local mall and on some of your favorite products.

Beginning next week “PlayStation Move Headquarters” stores will come to San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles and Chicago and a larger scale mall tour will debut in San Francisco, New York, Los Angeles, Atlanta, Houston, DC and Chicago. We’ll have our team of Move experts at these locations throughout the fall, happy to provide in-depth demonstrations for those looking to gain a better grasp on Move’s full functionality or try out the latest games. If you’re not in one of these markets, we’ve been updating our PlayStation 3 interactive kiosks at retailers across the US and Canada to deliver PlayStation Move functionality. And maybe before you get a chance to try PlayStation Move firsthand, you’ll want to check out our new PS Move website. It’s got a lot of great info and some fun surprises too. And if we don’t get through to you with any of the above, from now through December you’ll be able to win some great PlayStation Move prizes through promotions with two of our key brand partners, SUBWAY Restaurants and Coca Cola.

As if that wasn’t enough, the hardest working man in the Marketing Department has returned to help get the word out about why PlayStation Move is perfect for every family. As some of you may have seen last week, Kevin Butler sent us a tweet to give us a glimpse into the future. Well, the future is just about here. Tonight, when the NFL kicks off its new season on NBC with a marquee matchup between the Vikings and the Saints, we’ll kick-off our new marketing campaign for the PlayStation Move. The new campaign features Kevin moving in with the Maguire family to prove that the PlayStation Move is the right entertainment solution for every family. The ad running tonight is a 60-second kick-off to the campaign. You’ll continue to see several other spots on some premiere programming this fall as KB observes how the Maguires adapt to having a PS3 and PS Move in their home. For those who may have missed it, be sure to check out the “Epic Move-tage” featuring our VP of Epic Gaming for All.

Your enthusiasm, excitement and loyalty have helped build PlayStation into a worldwide iconic brand. Here’s to the next 15 years!

Best,

Peter

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

DJnal05 said:

September 9th, 2:34 pm

EPIC

TakiFuGu said:

September 9th, 2:44 pm

Funny commercials as usual.

RBakic said:

September 9th, 2:46 pm

Happy Birthday Playstation!!!

nickjd331 said:

September 9th, 2:46 pm

I wish you would use these adverts worldwide. These are far funnier that what Europe currently uses, and therefore I believe more effective. (and surely reusing most, if not all the footage would save you money!)

CrapForce said:

September 9th, 2:54 pm

ps!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!always no 1!!!!!!!!!!

FireDragonGod said:

September 9th, 2:55 pm

Epic

vr6GOLFr32 said:

September 9th, 2:55 pm

Wow I absolutely love the commercials! KB ftw?! of course.

Btw, I really like the website dedicated to the Move. It’s very informative and has a lot of great content to explore, also I can’t forget the entire Kevin Butler touch to everything! Buttons anyone?! imagine using your finger as a gun.. pew! pew pew!

yunyoe25 said:

September 9th, 2:56 pm

day 1. eating cake. they love me haha KB ftw congrats playstation you’ve always been my number 1 choice for gaming 15 years strong and still going

YeWest_is_da_man said:

September 9th, 2:56 pm

“It has come to my attention that some of you still don’t know whether or not the Playstation 3 is the right console for your family…” **takes sip from mug just to end up spitting it out dramatically** “… WHAT?!”

LMAO- hilarious! And then at the end of the second one where the decor plant explodes into a bursting of flames! Look at the families reaction in the background… CLASSIC!

I am totally buying a PS Move… I might actually get one of those ridiculous looking gun things too *just because it looked so fun to look retarded with it in the spoof* and I am picking up RE5 Gold Edition and killing some mofo’n zombies. Gonna be a GREAT weekend… I’m sure my school grades are going to slip a bit :(

Wilsonvolley said:

September 9th, 3:06 pm

Awesome blossom

DaveedT13 said:

September 9th, 3:07 pm

Guys, you have to make these adds happen in Quebec (Canada lol), in FRENCH, yeah, take the time to pay a team to translate it because here in Quebec not so many people are aware that PS3 is THE vg console to have, I know, I’m not proud of ALL people in Quebec at all…lol But, some of us are prouds supporters of the PS3 but we need HELP to convince our friends so…make it happen please, PS3 ADDS tv spots in QUEBEC because, you know, the other two consoles countenders are doing it, but not you, sadly…

Heatseeker125 said:

September 9th, 3:47 pm

Kevin Butler FTW. Please get rid of Marcus. He sucks.

jack__burt0n said:

September 9th, 3:49 pm

can i get a playstation mug?

I already have the tretton framed picture :0)

K thanks bye.

KainDrake said:

September 9th, 4:10 pm

I’m glad KB is back. I was worried because of Marcus, we wouldn’t have KB anymore. I’m not a very big fan of the Marcus ads.

wolfzero1 said:

September 9th, 4:22 pm

love the KB ads, they almost make me want to get a PS Move

CaruthK said:

September 9th, 4:23 pm

This is funny stuff KB…

TheGuardianFID said:

September 9th, 4:25 pm

LOL KB FTW, great ads guys, Move is looking great!!! 8)

trapper12 said:

September 9th, 4:31 pm

Happy 15th Birthday PlayStation!

Sirynx77 said:

September 9th, 4:33 pm

Funny I celebrated the PS anniversary a while back. 9 months, 7 days or 281 days to be exact. That’s the REAL PlayStation anniversary that matters since it was the day that PlayStation was launched in Japan. December 3, 1994 is the real day that gaming world changed. Without that day…9/9/95 would have never happened.

But hardware is useless without any software. Lets also not forget the first PlayStation game ever released in the world. SLPS-00001 – Namco’s Ridge Racer.

ruleterren said:

September 9th, 4:39 pm

Man can’t wait for move. I haven’t owned any blue ray movies for my PS3, now I think ill start using it as it’s a key feature I didn’t look into much. Well thanks sony for awesome products!

P.S Plz try to get Kingdom Hearts Birth By Sleep for PSN so PSPgo owners can download it, but if you can’t well nice for trying. :)

KAPADO said:

September 9th, 4:42 pm

Aww Lord Kevin Butler ,the Church of Sony would have thrown in the towel by now if you had not been forged by the hands of god himself ,blessed you KB.

Kittonwy said:

September 9th, 5:42 pm

LOL, Butler is brilliant. >:|

Band2eto said:

September 9th, 5:47 pm

To everyone at Sony Entertainment:

You guys rock! We loyal PS fans appreciate all the hard work and dedication you guys put towards the brand each and every day. Please keep up all the great work!

LandmineSalesman said:

September 9th, 5:47 pm

the first ad is amazing!! Damn these are some of the best commercials I have ever seen! Buttler <3

Uraizen said:

September 9th, 6:34 pm

Ok, I laughed… and HARD. This was awesome, keep it up!

Strife1721 said:

September 9th, 6:57 pm

I remember getting my Playstation Christmas of 95 and man o man i did not realize what would today bring and i got to say im very impressed with everything. Sony you always treat your customers with the respect they deserve. I have never had a problem with your brand and i hope you continue to make the best products available. If i had the money i would buy all of your games in a heart beat and play them all day and night. Its hilarious commercials like these that let me know i made the right decision to buy and support the Playstation brand. Keep up the excellent work guys. And Happy 15th Birthday!!! Playstation you truly are a beast for a machine.

GoldenArm90 said:

September 9th, 7:03 pm

Where are the “monthly dynamic themes and premium avatars” we were promised on the 6/24 blog about PlayStation Plus? We got nothing in August and so far only 1 in September.

NAMEK said:

September 9th, 7:14 pm

Awsome trailers! KB FTW! Happy B-day Playstation!

KurdForever said:

September 9th, 7:23 pm

Hey does the ps3 network gives out any free redeem codes for any anniversereys or birthdays
if they do, just add me and tell me about it

Jvolel said:

September 9th, 7:25 pm

happy B-day playstation! You’ve been entertaining us for years. :)

Rustbucket80 said:

September 9th, 7:35 pm

Sony, your Kevin Butler commercials are the pinnacle or fantastic advertisement. You better give this guy a job for life! I love every commercials he has been in!

jecs90 said:

September 9th, 8:23 pm

u guys r awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! thanks thanks and thanks…i remenber when i got my first play station 2, it was a gift from my sister. And now i have the play station 3,i can store tons of movies, games, music, pictures and lot of things.so …KEEP MOVING FORWARD…

FROM UR TRULY FAN
jecs90

Shinra_Soilder said:

September 9th, 9:12 pm

Hahaha. These commercials were so awesome! Happy 15 Year Anniversary PlayStation!
I wonder if you guys will update the videos on PSN and put more commercials up? I downloaded every commercial on PSN. I would love to download more.

MadMeat001 said:

September 9th, 9:13 pm

thanks for writting thoses words peter dilles
by the way i kinda laughed when i saw Tron evolution in the comercial like if it was any good

SalvoStorm said:

September 9th, 9:17 pm

PlayStation Plus subscribers should get an Exclusive FREE Peter Dille PAIN character that they can launch into a brick wall. He could say things like “Don’t you like my Mini?” “Oh, did you want into that Beta too?” “How about a one hour trial of Madden 07?” “Grace, don’t update the store until I get back from Happy Hour.” “I’ll release Cross Game Chat when someone accepts my friend request!”

FredNation said:

September 9th, 10:34 pm

KB’s laugh is epic!

Incubuster said:

September 9th, 11:55 pm

Hard to believe it’s been fifteen years since the original PlayStation, I feel kind of old now! Anyways, congratulations, and I hope the Move is as successful as you guys hope. I’ll be there day one!

sid6581 said:

September 10th, 12:30 am

Although I’m getting the Move (yes, I’m one of these guys who just needs to have every gimmick) the reception to it seems lukewarm. Just look at this topic, just 86 replies, that’s not what I’d call excitement. At least Sony is doing some advertising now. However, these are the main reasons I see why the interest is not at its boiling point:

1. There is not one blockbuster game for Move. Yes, Sports Champions and Tumble are nice. But there is not one single game, be it announced or available, which really catches the public who already knows the Wii lineup of games.

2. You really should have emphasized on the Augmented Reality feature which sets Move apart. Just imagine people having a light saber in their hands. THAT ALONE would have got the attention of everyone and his mother. Or patch more of the PS3 classics like Resistance, God of War 3, Uncharted 2 or Metal Gear Solid 4.

3. You guys really need to push your products with more effort. Playstation Home, PSPGo, EyeToy, all great products but it never seems you are really behind it with all Sony can do – advertising, software support, great blockbusters. And I mean support, also one year after launch (I look at you PSP go).

ilkhani said:

September 10th, 6:06 am

Congratulations on the 15 years, been enjoying the games and consoles since PS1 with Wipeout and Destruction Derby etc.
Love KB as usual!
Keep up the good work.

lyfestory said:

September 10th, 7:25 am

Kevin is definitely the King when it comes to PS3 ads… keep them coming… hilarious stuff…

arnoldmcguire335 said:

September 10th, 7:49 am

@14 I would like that too.
Sony, do this ad @14 suggested.

scorpio182 said:

September 10th, 7:59 am

Happy Birthday PS Nation!!!

EmoSaga said:

September 10th, 8:59 am

I love the picture of Jack Tretton next to the TV in the motorhome! hahahah <3 I love that man too Kevin =)

Pistolgrip said:

September 10th, 11:38 am

Best ad campaign currently out there period. These have the quality and wit typically seen in superbowl ads. Amazing job to Peter Dille and the team. Sadly SCEE seems to be having problems adjusting their brand strategy as their commercials continue to be confusing and dull.

Jawwz415 said:

September 10th, 9:08 pm

Playstation is older than most people that play Xbox LOL!

But seriously, go Playstation! 15 years of awesomeness! Playstation ROCKS!

driver4_ said:

September 11th, 9:00 am

Playstation really does have everything now, and the move line-up is very good! Well, all I could say is that Playstation Move will be moving into my home eventually, it would be fun to play a game with my dad for once, The Fight: Lights Out, here I come!!!

And Happy 15th Birthday Playstation!

mackt123 said:

September 12th, 2:12 pm

The next system software update for the PlayStation 3 (PS3) system will be released on April 1, 2010 (JST), and will disable the “Install Other OS” feature that was available on the PS3 systems prior to the current slimmer models, launched in September 2009. This feature enabled users to install an operating system, but due to security concerns, Sony Computer Entertainment will remove the functionality through the 3.21 system software update

nutellapr said:

September 14th, 8:10 am

Peter, the software bundle for current owners of the eye is a kick in the crotch to us early adopters and loyal customers. The software bundle is $99.99. If I buy a move controller and sport champions separately i’m forking over $89.99. This seems very distorted. There should be another $99.99 bundle that includes: Move controller, navigation controller, sports champions. This seems fair and comparable to the bundle that includes the eye and would avoid alienating your current eye ownership base.

PAGE 1 2