God of War

Sep 13

Sep 13

Heavy Rain on PlayStation Move Comes 9/22

Jefferson Dong's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Greetings psychological thriller fans! We are extremely excited to announce that Heavy Rain will be available to play on PlayStation Move motion peripherals starting on September 22nd.

Heavy Rain for PlayStation Move

Utilizing the extreme precision of the PlayStation Move motion controller (as well as the PlayStation Move navigation controller and the PlayStation Eye camera), players can become completely immersed in the search for the Origami Killer through controls that mimic real-world motions.

For those of you who already have a copy of Heavy Rain, we will be releasing the Heavy Rain Move patch on Wednesday, September 22, 2010. Just boot up Heavy Rain (assuming you also have an internet connection) and it will automatically download to your PS3. This FREE patch will allow current owners of Heavy Rain to play the game with the new PlayStation Move controls and experience a whole new way of playing Heavy Rain.

Heavy Rain for PlayStation Move

In addition, we will be releasing the Heavy Rain Move demo on the PlayStation Store during the following week on Tuesday, September 28, 2010. This is a completely FREE standalone demo that features two of the early levels from the game, Sleazy Place and Crime Scene, and is fully playable with the PlayStation Move (note: you will need the motion controller, the navigation controller, and the PlayStation Eye camera).

Heavy Rain for PlayStation Move

Heavy Rain has been given a PlayStation Move makeover so expect to be drawn into the action more than ever. Now, your every move will make a difference!

Enjoy playing Heavy Rain again with the PlayStation Move, or for the first time!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

comorbid said:

September 13th, 9:05 am

Hunh. That’s actually kinda cool.

DZORMAGEN said:

September 13th, 9:06 am

Will the Move patch add new trophies?

Glacier928 said:

September 13th, 9:06 am

Sweet! Can’t wait to replay the game with the Move!

Hrothgar520 said:

September 13th, 9:07 am

Well it’s a good thing it’s provided free, and now this is considered another Move enabled game to add to the list

Nintendo451 said:

September 13th, 9:07 am

David Cage spoke last week it was reported that “Heavy Rain: Move Edition” will contain about 45 minutes of new content. Will this patch give original players of the game the same content, or just new Move controls?

ONLY the Navigation controller? Can one use the DualShock 3 to do the same functions? We’ve been told that’s how it works. Are they just saying that the game cannot be played SOLELY with the Move and you need the second controller?

Thanks for the info!

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

September 13th, 10:38 am

You can use the DualShock 3 or the navigation controller. We recommend the navigation controller as it has been designed for easier use with a single hand (as you will be using the motion controller in your other hand).

modchipz said:

September 13th, 9:11 am

Wii! hahaha… :p

NeoHumpty said:

September 13th, 9:12 am

Great to hear, but can’t you just use a Sixaxis instead of the Nav controller?

OnesOwnGrief said:

September 13th, 9:12 am

What about the extra content thats coming to the Move Edition of the game? Will that be patched into the older versions of Heavy Rain or is that exclusive only to that version?

Skv007 said:

September 13th, 9:13 am

So are we (PS eye owners) going to get a bundle too? Or are we going to be left out for adopting the PS eye early?

paying 99$ for PSeye+Move+Sports champ w/ the bundle while I’m paying 89$ for just Move and Sports Champ makes me regret getting the PSmove early on into the ps3’s cycle

kenny-1995 said:

September 13th, 9:13 am

god bless sony.

scorpio182 said:

September 13th, 9:15 am

Another great game for the PS Move. I have Heavy Rain at home and I held off playing it until the PS Move because i heard it was better then using the controller.

What a busy time for games this fall.

adolson said:

September 13th, 9:19 am

“(note: you will need the motion controller, the navigation controller, and the PlayStation Eye camera).”

Please tell me that #5 is right… Even on the Navigation product page it says we can use the DualShock 3. I found it odd that PS+ DLC was free to keep, but now it’s not, and at first we were told a PSN game plus a PS1 classic plus two Minis, and now that’s changed too, but I let it roll off my back. But if you are now are telling us that we can’t just use a DualShock 3, but require the Navigation controller, I am done.

Jefferson Dong's Avatar

Jefferson Dong said:

September 13th, 10:40 am

See my comments to #5.

Enforcer_X said:

September 13th, 9:29 am

Looking forward this game with Move!

AhoyThere said:

September 13th, 9:37 am

The new European Move edition of Heavy Rain is coming out in early October with a bunch of extra stuff on the disk (see the list below). I hope SECA will announce the USA edition soon.

Bonus content on the disk:
1. The Taxidermist playable scene
2. 3 x dynamic XMB themes for your PS3
3. Full game stereo soundtrack
4. Behind the scene documentaries.

Here’s the European Playstation link with more details and box art:

jpbslayer said:

September 13th, 9:38 am

well this had made up my mind – because its a free add on i will be buying this game this weekend – Thank You

Sephex said:

September 13th, 9:40 am

This is very good news.

I have been trying out PS Move at the retailer where I work, and have had some thorough play throughs with friends over the past 3 days and it’s an impressive controller. Both the body tracking and accuracy are great, but sports are just not my games of choice, (We’re only displaying the Sports Champion bundle).

Heavy Rain was an AWESOME game. From my view of the world, storyline is CRUCIAL; and the “choose-your-own-fate” storytelling has never been done this good.

Sept 22, on go my 3D glasses and my move controller will be lighting up for a new immersive Heavy Rain experience.

Thank You.
Sephex.Calgary.AB.

jpbslayer said:

September 13th, 9:42 am

@10 i already own the eye also – i checked out gamestop and they pay 10$ for a used eye – so im buying the bundle and selling my eye – sounds silly and all – but this way i pay the same price as if i only got the controller and game. plus now get the demo disc.

BalramRules said:

September 13th, 9:49 am

niceeeee

vr6GOLFr32 said:

September 13th, 9:49 am

It’s funny how about 12 hours ago I couldn’t find a single release date for this patch. Today I wake up, rub my eyes and log on here and *BAM* there it is XD

Thank you guys for bringing this patch sooner then most had thought!

Playstation Move = day 1 for me this week.

creid8 said:

September 13th, 9:50 am

I think I speak for most of Heavy Rain’s fan base when I say we’d much rather have had the Heavy Rain DLC Episodes than this.

KidCommando said:

September 13th, 9:51 am

been waiting to play this game with Move ever since it was announcecd. Will definitely be buying the Move edition come the 22nd.

Scary69 said:

September 13th, 9:59 am

I wonder if the move will be compatible with the new Harry Potter Deathly hollows game. Does anyone know if it will be?

AhoyThere said:

September 13th, 10:01 am

@creid8 Agreed. But, I’m going to roll with the punches. What else can we do?

The1stMJC said:

September 13th, 10:07 am

I feel Sony wasted Quantic Dream’s time with adding Move support. Would have preferred more DLC.

Kirkpad said:

September 13th, 10:20 am

Oh dear god yes it’s a patch. THANKS ALOT!@!!!!!! I THOUGHT I’D BE REBUYING THIS.

mastorofpuppetz said:

September 13th, 10:22 am

DLC, this game needs some beefier DLC. Taxidermist was too short.

dragonmagician said:

September 13th, 10:22 am

As someone who Platinum-ed the game, I will need new Chronicles to play it again.

Darkelgta3 said:

September 13th, 10:25 am

the extra content is just 45 min of behind the scenes video not game play.

MarinoBrea said:

September 13th, 10:33 am

Wait a minute…Nav Controller now a requirement? I thought the sixaxis/dualshock 3 could substitute the Nav in all instances. Why not in Heavy Rain?

LUGIEZ said:

September 13th, 10:37 am

2nd playthrough will be amazing now!

plaztiksyke said:

September 13th, 10:39 am

I got the platinum trophy on Heavy Rain, taking a long route to get it. (Ended up doing 4 or 5 playthroughs!) I found the characters so interesting, so I’ll be happily playing it again with this Move patch. It will be cool to see extra content, especially if it closes up some of the rough edges in the already fantastic story.

That being said, I would have preferred another prequel episode like The Taxidermist. Specifically, I would like to have played Norman Jadyn more and learned about his origins. I hope the Move edition of the game sells well enough to get another episode or two produced.

MickHooligan said:

September 13th, 10:46 am

I am quite happy I decided to pre-order the nav controller as well as the bundle+another move controller. I have yet to play Heavy Rain, so this is good news indeed.

Cobra1 said:

September 13th, 10:48 am

I hope you’re going to push the update to Plus owners rather than force us to sit through another arduous update.

D-Squad3 said:

September 13th, 11:11 am

WHERE ARE THE DLCs?!! Like the Taxidermist etc.?!! The Taxidermist episode was better than any of the normal campaign mode.

TheRealAlpha2 said:

September 13th, 11:14 am

Just because they added Move support doesnt mean you;re not going to get another DLC episode. Heck they probably spent an enormous amount of time on the new content they were planning already, seeing as how the Taxidermist was the same demo they’d been showing for a year before the game was even released.

Mooshywooshy said:

September 13th, 11:20 am

Love that 3rd picture haha :B PUSH IT UP AND DOWN

ProjectInfiniti said:

September 13th, 11:26 am

Once this is out the way, will we see more DLC for Heavy Rain like the Taxidermist DLC?

adolson said:

September 13th, 11:30 am

Thanks for the answer, Mr. Dong! I was kinda worried.

AhoyThere said:

September 13th, 11:37 am

Looks like no more DLCs (other than Taxidermist) will be coming to Heavy Rain. See Eurogamer article published in July 2010 here:

FredNation said:

September 13th, 11:55 am

Yay!

DAT_NEW_YAWKER said:

September 13th, 12:02 pm

I notice you didn’t answer #5’s question regarding the extra 45min. Of move content, does this mean that those of us who already own it won’t get it? Or will we have to pay for it? I can’t believe the rest of you guys here keep repeating the same stupid question regarding the nave control, God learn to read! The 45 minutes of extra content is way more important.

letherclad said:

September 13th, 12:07 pm

Sweet! I’m glad its this close to the Move launch, I’m excited to play through it again!

I guess this also means that the studio can get back to working on the DLC, which is also good news.

angelspawn77 said:

September 13th, 12:15 pm

Question here, will the patch make it so the ONLY way you can play Heavy Rain is with Move, or will there be an option if you want to play with move controls or the original dualshock controls?

ForgiveMyAim said:

September 13th, 12:27 pm

will there be a price drop on the move edition?

AnthonyTonyMagic said:

September 13th, 12:27 pm

Sweet

I still haven’t picked up Heavy Rain, but the demo was good

Now I’m just wondering if it would be better to play it through on Move the first time, or to play it through on DualShock

Also, can we freely switch between the two?

MarinoBrea said:

September 13th, 12:44 pm

Ok, so the Nav is not obligatory. Good to know Sony or developers aren’t making what would be a nonsensical mistake.

MarinoBrea said:

September 13th, 12:46 pm

@DAT_NEW_YAWKER

We asked the question before he answered #5, didn’t you think about that one, genius?

vr6GOLFr32 said:

September 13th, 12:50 pm

Question regarding the Move, I hope you can shed some light on this.

Me and my cousin are both getting Move on day 1, and we plan on setting up both our ps3’s and two tv’s in one room to play side by side. Will this be a problem for the playstation eye if it happens to detect one anothers Move wands, or will it only track the wand that is synced to that PS3?

Thanks in advance if you can provide any details on this.

Thrill_Kill said:

September 13th, 1:23 pm

Nice to see Move implemented in this stellar game, however, I also would have liked to see at least one more DLC content to be released other than the taxidermist.

Airwalkinman17 said:

September 13th, 1:23 pm

Awesome. I already own the game, so this’ll be fun to try out with my motion controller. Thanks SONY!

PAGE 1 2