PlayStation VR

Sep 15

Sep 15

Six Reasons to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta!

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SIEA

Spartan Army! Have you pre-ordered your copy of God of War: Ghost of Sparta yet? What about the limited Black and Red Two-Toned PSP Entertainment Pack? Need a little more convincing?

Starting this week, we are introducing a ‘Six Reasons to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta’ segment through the PlayStation.Blog, where we give our Spartan Army members an in-depth look at each of the exclusive pre-order items from the ultimate bundle. Each update will include a behind-the-scenes look at the process of development for the selected item, and also audio / video visuals for reference. Want a see what the PS3 Dynamic Theme is all about? Highlights from God of War Live? You wouldn’t want to miss this!

GOWgos_ad_layout-v9

In no particular order, here’s the six pre-order exclusive items that will be featured only through the PlayStation.Blog:

1. Kratos PSN Avatar
  2. Original Soundtrack
  3. Legionnaire Skin
  4. PSP Theme
  5. God of War Live (Creative Directors Documentary)
  6. PS3 Dynamic Theme

Leading the charge this week is the exclusive Kratos PSN Avatar!

Kratos PSN Network Avatar Cecil

Name of the artwork, as originally created by the Santa Monica Development Studio – “Gods will pray for mercy”. (Nuff said!)

Exclusive to the pre-order, the Kratos PSN Avatar was created by none other than, Cecil Kim – Visual Development Lead for the God of War franchise. The same Kratos artwork is featured on the home page of Cecil’s site.

What makes this pre-order item even more special is that this will be the only opportunity the Kratos PSN Avatar will ever be made available. Get it while you can as we don’t plan to offer this item outside of the pre-order.

Be sure to check back with the PlayStation.Blog next week for information on the remaining pre-order exclusives!

Every End Must First Begin

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

I3rand0 said:

September 15th, 6:06 am

Is the soundtrack digital or physical? I’m guessing the former since you’re trying to keep costs of goods low and it’s not like piracy is a problem on PSP or anything.

September 15th, 9:39 am

The entire pre-order bundle is in digital form, downloaded through the PS Store with a voucher code

Xulap said:

September 15th, 6:10 am

Where is this offer available? Is it available at GameStop?
Also, is a voucher with a code given at time of pre-order, or is it available at the time the game releases?

Thanks for the information!

September 15th, 9:41 am

It’s available through GameStop, Amazon or BestBuy. Voucher code will be provided at the time of release – November 2nd

Rowley30 said:

September 15th, 6:11 am

Nice!!!

Sindred said:

September 15th, 6:16 am

Problem is I will be buying this digital. :(

September 15th, 9:42 am

Np! You’ll be offered the same pre-order DLC bundle through the PS Store the first week of launch – From 11-2 to 11/9

Rockstarmd said:

September 15th, 6:20 am

How will this work for PSPGo users we have been getting screwed on Digital games such as Kingdom Hearts BBS and Naurto Shippuden Psp game are they for sure going to have the digital option for Go users? Worst supported device ever, argh

September 15th, 9:48 am

PSPGo users will have the option to download the game through the PS Store from 11-2 to 11-9 and be offered the same great pre-order bundle. Don’t worry, we got you covered :)

thisbenjamin said:

September 15th, 6:20 am

In no way is this meant to disrespect the hard work of the artists at the Santa Monica dev studio, nor am I trying to be rude in general; having said that it looks like Kratos is bearing down to drop a deuce. Maybe it’s the closed eye thing? Weird.

Nice work including the soundtrack!

LiQuiZoN said:

September 15th, 6:32 am

I have to aggre with the pspgo hate.

I’d buy a device if every game was digitized. While digital distribution is worse for the consumer, the only way to have a great portable device is to go digital, OR BE ABLE TO RIP GAMES AND REGISTER THEM TO A DEVICE!!

HINT* HINT*

I should be able to buy Disc games and register/unregister its serial to a pspgo. Giving me the ability to play it as well as re-sell it, if desired.

neostardust said:

September 15th, 6:33 am

So will this be in a bundle with a psp or just the game it self?

September 15th, 9:50 am

Both. Pre-order bundle is valid for both the Entertainment Pack PSP and the game

NeoRaidenX said:

September 15th, 6:34 am

“Gods will pray for mercy”

How is that possible? Who are they praying to?

September 15th, 9:51 am

LOL! Love it!

SlackerTD said:

September 15th, 6:36 am

For those wondering about getting the digital version, Ken Chan previously posted that for the first week it’s on PSN, you’ll be able to get the same pre-order bundle:

nv_Los said:

September 15th, 6:37 am

What about us PSPGo owners? i feel like were getting screwed, is it true if you buy it digital at a certain time frame you will get all the preorderr goodies?

DieUnbeliever said:

September 15th, 6:38 am

Sweet deal!!!

SlackerTD said:

September 15th, 6:39 am

Reposting again without the link (in case moderation doesn’t happen)… Ken Chan previously posted that for the first week it’s on PSN, you’ll be able to get the same pre-order bundle. Take a look at the blog posting from August 2nd.

remanutd5 said:

September 15th, 6:39 am

at 5 , it will work the same way Gran Turismo psp pre order DLC worked , if you get the game from PSN during the first week from released you will get all DLC

illinnoise said:

September 15th, 6:44 am

To all those who asked about owning a pspgo and if you get the bonuses, you can go to a Gamestop and preorder the game and they will give you a code for the game assuming that this offer is give through Gamestop there should not be a problem. If you still have concurn I advise you to give Sony a call on there help line. With that said I want to give A HUGE THUMBS UP to the whole teAm at Sony Santa Monica Studios your doing a bang up job and I can’t wait to see what else you have in store for us. Definitly going to lick this up!!!!!!!!!

September 15th, 9:53 am

Thx, illinnoise. But no need for the trouble. Just purchase from the PS Store at the time of launch – 11/2 to 11/9

remanutd5 said:

September 15th, 6:47 am

theres no need to do that illinnoise we just have to download the game from PSN during the first week from released and we should get all DLC pre order just like Gran Turismo PSP DLC pre order

remanutd5 said:

September 15th, 6:50 am

at # 9 , are you a God of War fan ? have you seen any God of War Ghost of Sparta video gameplay footage? if you havent then theres a footage where kratos is killing a god and he is basically praying for mercy lol

I3rand0 said:

September 15th, 7:04 am

My follow-up to my previous comment was modded, thanks. Anyways, good job cojones blocking people who don’t want to pre-order out of an avatar. As much as I enjoy giving GameStop interest free loans during a recession, I don’t think you’re going to build any good will out of making it exclusive.

jedi_webslinger said:

September 15th, 7:06 am

Is this available for Canada… can’t find the bundle anywhere.

jedi_webslinger said:

September 15th, 7:06 am

pre-ordoer i mean

defjedijam said:

September 15th, 7:12 am

I would just like to reiterate post #2 I plan to pre-order the entertainment pack but I need to know where to pre-order it from if Gamestop.com is an option or if I can just use my Amazon account. I got totally screwed by Amazon when I pre-ordered GOW3 there and found out a couple weeks later that the special DLC was exclusive to Gamestop. So if you guys are pushing so hard to get us to pre-order you should tell us WHERE to pre-order it at, thanks.

PS.
the entertainment pack looks awesome and the all the added stuff is very nice.

Slythex said:

September 15th, 7:36 am

As with comment #19, can anyone confirm if Canada is getting the pre-order bonuses? Amazon.ca and Gamestop.ca have no mention of them at all.

Thanks.

dragonleader33 said:

September 15th, 7:45 am

I know you guys say you dont plan to offer the avatar anywhere else but you guys really should give it to PS+ subscribers. Give us something worthwhile like this to make up for the not-so-hot updates we have been getting.

September 15th, 9:56 am

Great point! We’ll have other PS+ exclusive God of War Avatars in the near future

hush404 said:

September 15th, 7:46 am

Some kewl stuff… but I never buy my PSP games when first released. IMO $40/+ for a handheld game is insane. I always wait for them to drop to $20, no matter how good the game.

Bilouze said:

September 15th, 7:49 am

Will this be available in Europe as well ?

urienji said:

September 15th, 7:51 am

Typical Sony customer support. Lot’s of questions, no answers.

September 15th, 9:57 am

hahahaha… we’re here, just had to deal with traffic this morning :)

SpiritThief said:

September 15th, 7:52 am

One reason why God of Sparta should be on PS3.

1. HD

wocyob said:

September 15th, 8:08 am

oh man psn theme/avatar looks sweeeeet

wocyob said:

September 15th, 8:09 am

ugh meant ps3 sorry for the double post

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

September 15th, 8:13 am

got my PSP bundle pre ordered!!!!

oh yeah, BTW PSP GO sucks big time, good thing i sold mine recently in order to get this sweet bundle :)

Sindred said:

September 15th, 8:31 am

@LiQuiZoN I agree completely.

I wouldn’t say the PSPgo sux big time. Ever since I bought mine I have had my PSP with me more often, since I carry a smaller system along with my library in a “real” pocket-sized handheld.

What sux big time is the inability to give digital adopters the same benefits of physical media buyers. I wanted the Y’s special edition (and I even own a PSP3000), so I had to opt to get the digital version so I could have the game with me everywhere. What would have been nice would have been for some special editions to be sold with vouchers (the way that Patapon 2 did: it included the box, manual, artwork, but a card inside instead of a Disc).

So I could preorder GOW digital version and get all the fancy perks, but get a voucher card inside the package instead of a disc.

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

September 15th, 8:41 am

@ Sindred

The PSP Go console is what i used to call the true portable PS. But the lack of full support, no Crisis Core on the store among other letdowns makes the PSP Go experience an inferior one to the UMD ready 3000

Hooligantuan said:

September 15th, 8:43 am

lol @ PSP Go

EXTREME_rkmn said:

September 15th, 8:44 am

already pre-ordered. This is actually one of the main reasons; it’s been ridiculous to me that there are no new GOW avatars so as soon as I saw this BOOM! (actually I pre-ordered WAY before bonuses were announced…..just sayin)

@9
Gods will pray for mercy TO KRATOS. DUH.

@31 SINDRED!!!! Did you get your notification for the last part of the Ultimate Fan pack?!?!?! Should be coming today or tomorrow

VisionaryLight said:

September 15th, 9:02 am

All digital kinda lame.

chopper731 said:

September 15th, 9:09 am

Tell me how to pre-order a PlayStation Store digital copy and I will.

September 15th, 10:03 am

No need. Just purchase through the PS Store at the time of release – 11/2 to 11/9

Axonn said:

September 15th, 9:09 am

Ok, awesome items! But what about these pre-order stuff for already screwed PSP Go owners?

StealthReborn-- said:

September 15th, 9:10 am

Hey Ken, God of War: Chains of Olympus is included as well in the pre-order as well right?

September 15th, 9:59 am

No, that’s only included in the PSP Entertainment Pack :)

krae_man said:

September 15th, 9:15 am

I’ll buy the game for my go when it’s not $40. $40 for a downloadable portable game is insane. The sooner Sony kills that price point, the sooner PSP games will actually start selling.

For gods sake do it already. itunes albums are cheaper then CD’s, stop overcharging for downloadable PSP games.

Sindred said:

September 15th, 9:41 am

@NoGodsOnlyMan

Yeah, I held on to my Crisis Core UMD for that reason. :(

T3mpr1x said:

September 15th, 9:42 am

Pre-ordering this mostly for the documentary, since I made it out to the event! Want to see how many times I am shown haha.

September 15th, 10:01 am

Awesome! Hope you had a good time at the event. We’re still geeking out about it in the office

Sindred said:

September 15th, 9:44 am

@EXTREME_rkmn

Sure did. I’m exited about getting that in. Also, thanks for the Demo Voucher, Ken.

@SlackerTD Thanks, I did not know this. Great news. I still don’t regret buying a Go. It’s a lot easier to keep around, and I never have to say, “Damn, I forgot to pack that game.”…. you know, except for those games that weren’t made digital, lol.

jvasq said:

September 15th, 10:28 am

cool. i really want that black and red psp you guys are selling with the entertainment pack. i hope gamestop will have a special where i can trade my boring black psp for those black and red ones. oh yea…

SpyDudeFX said:

September 15th, 10:30 am

Ken I see you saved the best for last, can’t wait to see that dynamic theme. Love the avatar, glad it’s a forever exclusive.

mikemill said:

September 15th, 10:33 am

Thank you for having us PSP Go owners covered! Look forward to this!!!!

MrsKrasinski said:

September 15th, 10:55 am

Is this available to us Canadian GOW addicts? I’m going to be the best gf in the world and get the whole bundle (as well as GT5) for my man, it’d be amazing if he could get the pre-order bundle too.

September 15th, 10:57 am

We’ll do a little digging for you. Stay tuned!

MrsKrasinski said:

September 15th, 11:03 am

A Billion thanks in advance, Ken!

jedi_webslinger said:

September 15th, 11:07 am

Please i just want an official response. Is the pre-order bonuses will see the light of day in Canada? Your silence is telling me that it will not. I just want an answer please. I can take no for an answer like a man. :-)

jedi_webslinger said:

September 15th, 11:07 am

sorry man didnt see your answer @46 while writing

September 15th, 11:13 am

Np! We’re on it

MarinoBrea said:

September 15th, 11:18 am

Good value all-around. I really see NO reason at all NOT to pre-order.

PAGE 1 2