God of War

Sep 15

Sep 15

Six Reasons to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta!

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! Have you pre-ordered your copy of God of War: Ghost of Sparta yet? What about the limited Black and Red Two-Toned PSP Entertainment Pack? Need a little more convincing?

Starting this week, we are introducing a ‘Six Reasons to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta’ segment through the PlayStation.Blog, where we give our Spartan Army members an in-depth look at each of the exclusive pre-order items from the ultimate bundle. Each update will include a behind-the-scenes look at the process of development for the selected item, and also audio / video visuals for reference. Want a see what the PS3 Dynamic Theme is all about? Highlights from God of War Live? You wouldn’t want to miss this!

GOWgos_ad_layout-v9

In no particular order, here’s the six pre-order exclusive items that will be featured only through the PlayStation.Blog:

1. Kratos PSN Avatar
  2. Original Soundtrack
  3. Legionnaire Skin
  4. PSP Theme
  5. God of War Live (Creative Directors Documentary)
  6. PS3 Dynamic Theme

Leading the charge this week is the exclusive Kratos PSN Avatar!

Kratos PSN Network Avatar Cecil

Name of the artwork, as originally created by the Santa Monica Development Studio – “Gods will pray for mercy”. (Nuff said!)

Exclusive to the pre-order, the Kratos PSN Avatar was created by none other than, Cecil Kim – Visual Development Lead for the God of War franchise. The same Kratos artwork is featured on the home page of Cecil’s site.

What makes this pre-order item even more special is that this will be the only opportunity the Kratos PSN Avatar will ever be made available. Get it while you can as we don’t plan to offer this item outside of the pre-order.

Be sure to check back with the PlayStation.Blog next week for information on the remaining pre-order exclusives!

Every End Must First Begin

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

foolmo said:

September 15th, 11:32 am

Wow, I’m most definitely getting this, if only for the Directors’ Commentary. I really really loved that whole production documentary you guys included in God of War 2, and I wish more devs would do documentaries like that, so I will totally support it.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 15th, 11:39 am

Absolutely! It was a lot of fun for us as well. We’ll have clips and highlights of God of War Live very shortly. Stay tuned

letherclad said:

September 15th, 11:43 am

CAN’T WAIT!! The demo is amazing!

jedi_webslinger said:

September 15th, 11:54 am

Thanks for looking it for us GOW canadian fans… I really appreciate your effort. I really want this as a GOW fanatic :-)

Cat_Corye said:

September 15th, 12:45 pm

Love God Of War, but I’m only preorder the GOW PSP Bundle for the PSP.

BalramRules said:

September 15th, 1:00 pm

im so understandin da avatar & dynamic theme bonuses, wada bout any ps home content?

Bu_SHaFi said:

September 15th, 1:28 pm

hhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Azured_Scorpio said:

September 15th, 1:44 pm

Umm… where are the answers!!?

angelspawn77 said:

September 15th, 2:02 pm

Hey Ken, I have a question thats been on my mind for awhile. I have seen a few unboxing videos for past psp bundles and Ive seen that those bundles dont come with the game in an actual case, they come in a cardboard slip. So my question is, Will GOW GoS psp bundle come with the game in the actual case or will it be another one of those cardboard slip deals?

I plan on buying it, but am having second thoughts because I really like having my cases proudly on my shelf and I think the GOW GoS case is really awesome and I would hate to not have it. I was thinking that maybe its because the other games were Japanese and since GOW is american made, us at home should get the actual case like japan does with their bundles.

MrsKrasinski said:

September 15th, 2:04 pm

Well there’s people saying it is available for Canadians. I just want to know from the source, and Playstation.ca lacks that info.. Because I will wait till it’s in store to get it, rather than pay out my ass and then pay for shipping.

BLEACH-Fan said:

September 15th, 2:07 pm

What about us UK GOW Fans I love this franchise with a passion lol youve alreday got me sold but will we get any of this wicked DLC!! I have been asking the blog for a Kratos avatar for some time now and that one looks sick not to mention the extras please tell me that the UK will get it!

kratos1984 said:

September 15th, 3:57 pm

can’t wait! quick question, i’m not planning on buying a psp til the end of the year, can i purchase gow: ghost of sparta on nov. 2 and not download it until i buy my psp? will i still get the pre-order bonuses?

digitalman123 said:

September 15th, 4:52 pm

Great! Though I suppose any plans for a GOW 4 are gone though. :(

dsluckay said:

September 15th, 5:10 pm

Ah, Sweet!
Pre-order this! :)
So, can,t wait for this to come out!
One of my Fav. games of all time!
Great value!
Great game to play on the PSP! :)

PhillyTheCat said:

September 15th, 5:32 pm

@kratos1984~ the UMD copy will have a download voucher inside the case. the voucher will mkost likely have an expiration date, perhaps after the new year hits. not exactly sure about the digital copy rules.

PhillyTheCat said:

September 15th, 5:32 pm

scratch “mkost”… *most*

Xoombie503 said:

September 15th, 6:00 pm

i was a little worried as i own both psp go and slim 2001,i would love a umd copy but i hate carrying around umds so ill just go digital now that well get the same goodies…thanks a lot

King89x said:

September 15th, 6:28 pm

i realy hope i can get the pre-order bonus when i get it of the psn cuz i live in canada

AAAChampions said:

September 15th, 6:41 pm

for pre ordering through the playstation store, will buyers just have to snag it within a certain time after release or will there be an actual pre order period prior to the release of the game?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 16th, 12:56 am

Simply purchase through the PS Store from 11/2 to 11/9, and you’ll be offered the same DLC bundle

Rene2007 said:

September 15th, 8:00 pm

Aight just to be sure and also to clear things up………..if ur buying the digital copy of GHOST OF SPARTA from the PSN than there is NO need to PRE-ORDER ANYWHERE…………right?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 16th, 11:59 am

Yup! That is correct

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

September 16th, 10:17 am

If you’re buying it through the PS Store, you won’t need to pre-order

Perkons said:

September 16th, 10:38 am

Sony wants me to pre-order Ghost of Sparta?!
Why? Why the **** should I do it if there’s no DLC love for Europe, huh?

lofiweapwn said:

September 16th, 10:56 am

FIX FTB3 SERVERS
FIX FTB3 SERVER BOOT HACK
START CARING ABOUT YOUR PSP CUSTOMERS SONY
MULTIPLAYER ON PSN ISN’T INVINCIBLE
DO SOMETHING

VanilaGorila-x- said:

September 16th, 1:49 pm

Already pre-ordered. The Demo was fantastic.

Peace,
VG

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

September 16th, 3:08 pm

You could give me 60 reasons but that won’t change anything, no Canadian store lists a pre-order deal.

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

September 16th, 3:10 pm

It also doesn’t help that 2 of the 4 online stores I order games from have this priced at $50 and one of the other 2 (Gamestop) doesn’t even list the game.

ruleterren said:

September 16th, 6:34 pm

Man so surprised how no one reads at all. Basically every comment is “Can PSPgo owners get in this to?” If you read then you and many others wouldn’t need to ask that.

Jeez no unique comments since there all stupid questions.

Enigma777 said:

September 17th, 12:02 am

Day one!!!

Anyways, I don’t care what you have to do and who you have to “terminate”, but get BBS on the PSN!

darkwolfstorm2 said:

September 17th, 5:09 pm

can somebody please give me the demo code for god of war ghost of sparta

MrsKrasinski said:

September 21st, 5:44 pm

Harsh. There’s no pre order for Canadians?

lightyear8 said:

September 23rd, 4:54 pm

I don’t own a PSP nor am I fan of the God of War series, but this is a fantastic offer! I hope that Sony continues to offer these sort of pre-order bundles in the future!

PAGE 1 2