Horizon Zero Dawn

Sep 20

Sep 20

PS3 System Software Update v3.50 Available Soon

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Hi everyone, as we announced previously, the PS3 system software update (v3.50) is adding support for Blu-ray 3D Disc Playback, and it will be released shortly.

Additional new features in the 3.50 update include:

• Facebook Integration: Developers will be able to create PS3 games that have deep interaction with Facebook. Once compatible PS3 titles are available, PS3 users can choose to access their information on Facebook – including user name, profile, photos and friends list – to enhance their gameplay experience.
  • Grief Reporting Function: Users can send claim reports directly from the XMB for any inappropriate messages they receive from other PlayStation Network users. This feature is accessible from the option menu of the messages list in the FRIENDS category.

For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 system, please visit http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Features/SystemUpdate.

As always, we look forward to your feedback.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8

darth_soul said:

September 20th, 7:58 pm

Or, y’know, 12 a.m. Eastern, rather than p.m. The time zones aren’t THAT far apart. ;)

steamone06 said:

September 20th, 7:59 pm

Yes I can report these loud xbots coming ova to the ps3

D-White_123 said:

September 20th, 7:59 pm

@mateen110 You are so right,I would like to hear something like,im sorry but we dont have the rights to cross game chat,or something! so we can get some type of closure! lol!

echogridlock said:

September 20th, 8:00 pm

Every time i load facebook on my ps3, it crashes my ps3. So i avoid using it.

I have the slim 120, if that helps.

MrJavierFB said:

September 20th, 8:00 pm

Is there any possibility to add these features?

1.- MKV native support. That would be totally nice
2.- New web browser with integrated 1080p Youtube video playback

N_8_ said:

September 20th, 8:00 pm

First of all, I’m so glad that I couldn’t post here from my PS3 since the login does not work from the PS3 browser. Secondly, I’m glad that better Move integration with the XMB was not part of this update because I’m looking forward to carpal tunnel from all of the flicking. Camera tracking of the Move controller on the XMB, hahahaha… who needs that?
/sarcasm

MannyWood4Life said:

September 20th, 8:01 pm

why is this update not put out in the night so the ps plus can download it for us cause isnt that the point of ps plus to help take away the waiting times and stuff

Edd said:

September 20th, 8:01 pm

So instead of baking facebook directly into the XMB we will be able to access it from games (which may or may not) support the feature? You know, I’m all for future proofing and I like 3D, but maybe you should focus on features that a larger portion of your install base can get excited about instead of focusing on a 3D bluray update. And it would be nice if maybe you would acknowledge us rather than just ignoring us. You guys reply a lot when we say positive things but whenever someone has CONSTRUCTIVE criticism you seem to ignore it.

NITROWOLF_2 said:

September 20th, 8:01 pm

-3D BluRay Support
-Move can be used as web browser cursor.
-Users reports can be sent from PS3 through the ‘Friends’ tab.
-3D notice screen for 3D enabled games.
-You can access to your Facebook profile
-Better description of the 14 most common errors.
-Updated user interface for PlayStation Plus in PlayStation Store.
-New Qriocity icon in the Music section. Service still unavailable.

this was from Eu site
why don’t we ever get full details like this and leave the other stuff for us to look up?
Maybe the music app won’t make it (USA), but those other feature look like they would come to USA

emoplayer33 said:

September 20th, 8:01 pm

YEHEY MORE FACEBOOK SUPPROT!!!! FINALLY

C’mon sony wheres our cross game chat???!!!

rv862002 said:

September 20th, 8:01 pm

Another useless update why cant you guys put in cool updates like cross game chat or at least some new visualization for the music player.

juggulator said:

September 20th, 8:01 pm

3.50 IS LIVE!!!!!!!!!

Trombone482 said:

September 20th, 8:01 pm

I am having trouble installing the update. It gets to 30 percent then fails. :(

Stoffinator said:

September 20th, 8:02 pm

I was hoping Netflix would be in the XMB and now available outside the US.

Train1999 said:

September 20th, 8:03 pm

Looking forward to this update. Don’t have a 3D TV yet. But now people can watch it on 3D. Still enjoying move. Hopefully they have more games within PSN for Move.

KILLZONE79 said:

September 20th, 8:03 pm

Thankyou for adding grief report, i got sick and tired of spam messages saying kevin butlers said this or that, etc etc etc

gus_xl said:

September 20th, 8:05 pm

Grief Reporting Function– And SSF4 usage drops by 50%

Istyle318 said:

September 20th, 8:06 pm

What’s up with Qriocity the unlimited music store? man I’m waiting to see what this is going to be about, cause if it’s what I think it is, I wanna buy a psp go and have the perfect music and gaming system

TheTrickster_76 said:

September 20th, 8:06 pm

I am beginning to download it right now… This update…

Boss_Tycoon_ said:

September 20th, 8:07 pm

Yay, finally grief reporting for messages. Now give us the ability to change our PSN ID, idc if we have to pay a fee.

marlyt said:

September 20th, 8:07 pm

Why am I signing a petition to say “bite me” to those who want to stifle the “art” put out by game companies, and then Sony wants to moderate and censor our blog response posts. What a joke.

oly1kenobi said:

September 20th, 8:07 pm

52%

hyp3rstrike_ said:

September 20th, 8:07 pm

Sony, when are we going to get some Twitter lovin’ on the PS3? It honestly can’t be that hard to implement something for Twitter on the PS3.

Rinaldus91 said:

September 20th, 8:08 pm

Any secret additions you didn’t mention? Like… new visualizations? Those are always fun.

The1stMJC said:

September 20th, 8:08 pm

I am glad that there is grief reporting, but now I am worried about people just reporting to report. So many people will use that just to be jerks or just when someone beats them in a game.

I hope you guys have a a good grief system so people aren’t wrongfully reported.

Remmulak said:

September 20th, 8:08 pm

Downloading now…but in the middle it said there was an error? Anyone else getting an error while downloading?

TheTrickster_76 said:

September 20th, 8:08 pm

Anyone see a bridge around here?

vcotson said:

September 20th, 8:08 pm

@50 i know right! lol…sony its a nice update for peeps with the 3DTVS but you should of added this report function when the ps3 first came out not in 3 years later…kind of behind aren’t we.. but yes back to cross game voice chat..speak up if we dont have the rights or something…. but wait..you guys mention it on a EU blog during E3 for ps+ members…so just tell us when it’s coming please…you can even email me vcotsonpsn@gmaildotcom and tell me what the problem is

Phoenix8387 said:

September 20th, 8:08 pm

Nice update, but can you give us word on if whether certain other things are being worked on?

I know everybody wants XGame Chat (I particularly don’t care), and I extremely interested if a cloud storage of sorts was being considered. (PS.Cloud?) My 60GB PS3 died early last week and I decided to pick up the Move System bundle. But now… I have absolutely no gamesaves (except for the few that I actually took the time to back up) and basically have to start mostly everything over from scratch.

Also if a cloud isn’t being considered, could we at least get selective backup? I don’t care about backing up my games/videos, I can always re-download them… saves on the other hand… and it becomes painful manually backing them up.

The1stMJC said:

September 20th, 8:09 pm

I just read it deals with just messages thank god

KazeEternal said:

September 20th, 8:10 pm

@Eric Lempell

Whats the deal with the Netflix app? PSN update or are we getting a download from the store?

Can we report people who are being verbally abusive on a game? I had my first occurrence of this since I started using PSN back in 2006 last night.

The Red wire or the Blue wire?

Black_Ryuk said:

September 20th, 8:10 pm

It makes you wonder though….if the update and the psn store are updating tonight then what is the maintenance for? Connection stabilization i can see but for all hose hours? Seems something else might be planned

squallxlionheart said:

September 20th, 8:10 pm

XGVC please.

ztheskater said:

September 20th, 8:10 pm

HTC recently made a new commercial about their new phone and they said that its all the things people have been wanting but you thought no one was listening. Well they released the phone with all the features people were wanting but yet we come here every week it seems like asking for the same features we have been wanting for years. When it comes to Sony I really think no one is listening and that they really don’t care about their consumers once they purchase their product. How hard is it really to get the features that people have been wanting the most?
1. Cross-game chat
2. Ability to change our PSN names without having to call Sony like you do now and when you get it changed now you lose all your trophies and friends list. Make it to where we can pay like $5 for a one time name change.
3. Cloud Storage for our game saves ( I have two PS3s and its annoying to have to copy my saves from one ps3 to another and some are copy-righted so I can’t even copy those)

zod713 said:

September 20th, 8:10 pm

HALO REACH!!!!!!
Xbox 360!!!

oly1kenobi said:

September 20th, 8:11 pm

58% then ps3 restarted.. says its installing.. hope so

HatmanTc said:

September 20th, 8:11 pm

@47 we are suppose to get the disc-less NetFlix some time soon. supposely before or during Oct

DeadHawk21 said:

September 20th, 8:11 pm

Its a nice update if you have a 3D tv…Getting tired of these updates though…

DudeItsKyle said:

September 20th, 8:11 pm

@28
Yea, what he said, I’m 18 now and I can’t access the facebook option from the sub-account.

Chunky_Ks said:

September 20th, 8:12 pm

You know what would be awesome? If Sony created some kind of website soliciting feedback from paying customers asking what they want, so that they could then implement what their customers want. That would be great.

Just imagine! The items could accumulate… *checks*… twenty two or three thousand up votes and Sony could implement that! Yeah!

NotoriousGamer said:

September 20th, 8:12 pm

Does Sony even know https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ exists????????????????????????????

Kirkpad said:

September 20th, 8:13 pm

Uhh, wasn’t the PSN supposed to update tonight? I’m confused.

phinnv8 said:

September 20th, 8:13 pm

Yet-another-pointless-PS3-Update.

No Netflix, No web browser improvements, no cross game voice chat, no Context Sensitive PS button, whata joke.

PS Blog Share = For the loss.

boneyardweller89 said:

September 20th, 8:14 pm

I don’t own a 3D TV, but the Facebook functionality should be cool if any devs actually use it. I have yet to hear about any games using the Facebook functionality that you guys added last year.

I like the grief reporting, but I’d like to see something more thorough, like a full rep system for reporting smack talking over PSN, rating of other players, etc.

Great update nonetheless! Keep them coming! =)

AngleofDeath696 said:

September 20th, 8:14 pm

What about MKV support?

HALFBAKEDJ12 said:

September 20th, 8:16 pm

how many people actually have a 3D TV? i know i dont

BlooodyCow said:

September 20th, 8:16 pm

meh. Still no feature that we been asking for the past 4 years. Congrats on ignoring our request as usual.

Facebook? Another feature where you guys leave it up to the developers to integrate into each game rather than having it as a universal feature that is compatible with each game release after this update. 1/200 game will probable use this feature. Congrats on another lame and useless feature that no one ask for or really care for. Hell, this feature will not even work with secondary accounts that are over the age of 18.

Grief Reporting Function? Only took you guys 4 years to implement this very simply feature. I guess we have to wait another 15 years for cross-game voice chat and a universal party system.

Mot345 said:

September 20th, 8:16 pm

i agree with brandon, if you guys are able to do stuff like this, the sub account problem should be fixed!!! now!!! i’m 17 now and still can’t go use facebook on my ps3

OnesOwnGrief said:

September 20th, 8:16 pm

God, stop complaining about Cross Game Chat, if its that much of an issue learn to use a cell phone or Skype. It’s not difficult. It’ll be added when its added.

cortesc130 said:

September 20th, 8:16 pm

We need more features then that. Sony need to start looking at the blog share

PAGE 1 2 3 4 8