Marvel's Spider-Man

Sep 20

Sep 20

PS3 System Software Update v3.50 Available Soon

Eric Lempel's Avatar Posted by SVP, Marketing & PlayStation Network

Hi everyone, as we announced previously, the PS3 system software update (v3.50) is adding support for Blu-ray 3D Disc Playback, and it will be released shortly.

Additional new features in the 3.50 update include:

• Facebook Integration: Developers will be able to create PS3 games that have deep interaction with Facebook. Once compatible PS3 titles are available, PS3 users can choose to access their information on Facebook – including user name, profile, photos and friends list – to enhance their gameplay experience.
  • Grief Reporting Function: Users can send claim reports directly from the XMB for any inappropriate messages they receive from other PlayStation Network users. This feature is accessible from the option menu of the messages list in the FRIENDS category.

For more details and instructions on how to update the system software for the PS3 system, please visit http://www.us.playstation.com/PS3/Features/SystemUpdate.

As always, we look forward to your feedback.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8

drei_im_weggla said:

September 21st, 4:25 am

The update I am waiting for since years is for the browser …

How long does it take to implement a browser that’s actually usable???
Sometimes I just want to look up something and don’t want to go and start up my computer for this.
But the crappy PS3 browser is the slowest and most useless I ever had to use.
I’d rather use IE6 instead of this piece of ****.

YasuDevil said:

September 21st, 4:33 am

Yet another update :/

I’m getting sick of those

Ki55myM4 said:

September 21st, 4:46 am

When Dolby TrueHD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in Dolby Digital during playback of Blu-ray 3D™ content.
When DTS-HD is selected as the audio format, audio will be output in DTS during playback of Blu-ray 3D™ content.

WTF??? No power to playback sound and picture… not good at all sony!
I really hope you can fix this.

PhillyManOfSteel said:

September 21st, 4:51 am

Sony please add MKV,FLV and MOV soppurt!!!

yazter said:

September 21st, 4:59 am

“We look forward to your feedback” my behind! lolol

ciardulloj86 said:

September 21st, 5:02 am

ps3 is great they are always updating to the latest. and with playstaion3 and house party things couldnt get better,I hope everyone is enjoying there ps3.

Link01 said:

September 21st, 5:03 am

I don’t understand why we still can’t use the Move controller as a “true” mouse on the web browser?

Dylzan said:

September 21st, 5:13 am

What many people here don’t realize is that they tried to implement cross game voice chat a while ago but due to a few games that couldnt work with it from a certain developer (rumored to be EA), they had to scrap it because said developer threatened to stop making games for the ps3 if it was released because it would make their games look poorly made and inferior. And so it was not released, just because like 5 games didn’t work with it and a certain games company is stupid. This also goes for the ability to listen to music while playing for all games, that had to be scrapped for the same reason.

valley428 said:

September 21st, 5:14 am

for all the whiners, at least ps3’s have the ability to update unlike the ps2. be grateful for what you get jeez.

@Link01 That should

Zinacef said:

September 21st, 5:19 am

Alas, a way to report all those blaspheming, insolent, cussing individuals that constantly harangue us peaceful gamers.

scorpio182 said:

September 21st, 5:26 am

I also would like the option to change my psn for a small fee.

footballrule said:

September 21st, 5:32 am

Thanks so much for the report feature! Maybe now people won’t send rude messages to other users, and if they do, expect to get a suspention!

Thanks again Sony!

JubalHHarshaw said:

September 21st, 5:33 am

And what about an ingame griefing reporting feature or just widen the reporting feature for every kind of misconduct?

Sindred said:

September 21st, 5:34 am

Might be too late to comment here and get a response, but I tried playing Aliens Vs Monsters retail 3D BD and it wouldn’t even show up on the XMB. Any idea if the 3D update is working properly?

SurfDrifter said:

September 21st, 5:55 am

Nice! I just wanted to ask though (Since I’m at work right now) if the problem that occured in the trophy sync to owners of 2 PS3 systems (since FW 3.40) has been remedied. It seems that since 3.40 the synchronisation method has changed, causing problems to multiple PS3 owners.

If anyone has 2 PS3’s, I’m pretty sure he/she knows what I mean.

WakizashiM said:

September 21st, 6:20 am

Finally. Now I won’t have to get on my computer to report some [DELETED] who spams.

madeup6 said:

September 21st, 6:24 am

Oh sweet! Finally a good update!

XxT_I_K_IxX_PR said:

September 21st, 6:35 am

Why can’t you people (Sony) just tell us if your gonna put cross game chat?? Is a simple yes or no! or is there a problem, are u working on it, or you don’t have the rights, etc?! Is easy as that! Anyways, I was waiting for the report thing now I can report spammers, n the noobs I own in games that message me complaining and saying crap to me lol This is gonna be fun >=)Please don’t put the report feature and then ignore it!

jennbill09 said:

September 21st, 7:25 am

SWEET!!! finally more facebook. I’ve been praying for this. I can’t get enough of facebook . Please improve the internet browser and add mkv and NTFS support. kthxbai.

winkler4 said:

September 21st, 7:59 am

I have to comments.
1.When will PS3 finally get 7.1 DTS hd sound support?
2.3D support finally(Thank You)- now we need more access to 3D movies, since most TV companies are giving exclusives with purchase of there brand, Sony (BETA) ring a bell….

superstewie said:

September 21st, 8:06 am

@winkler4 DTS-HD bitstream support only works on the PS3 slim, if you can hear the difference you are a living miracle (due to human hearing constraints, your dog might hear a difference…)

superstewie said:

September 21st, 8:07 am

@SurfDrifter u can only login with 1 PS3 at a time with the same account.

Kozael said:

September 21st, 8:12 am

QUESTION. Did you do something to USB ports? I’ve been using a PS2 controller as my secondary controller with a PS2-USB-adapter. This morning me and my friend were playing just fine, then we took a break and I updated to firmware 3.50, after that we couldn’t get the PS2 controller to work anymore. Is this because of the new firmware or did my adapter just die one me?

FormerPSfan said:

September 21st, 8:29 am

“We look forward to your feedback”

This has got to be the most irrational useless piece of sorry tripe ever to disgrace these pages and man has there been sum real losers to compete with

Again you blatantly ignore your customers

FormerPSfan said:

September 21st, 8:34 am

Your customers who keep you in business while you toss the most rancid pig slop at us constantly. Did you really thing we’d notice OtherOS is gone all those months ago? did you really believe we’d be satisfied with support for a whole TWO 3D movies when only 3 of your customers have a 3D tv? wait let me guess, you probably still believe your junior level staff sent here to troll and harass customers with legitimate concerns will somehow make the mess you’ve created go away.

Its long past time SCE was fired en masse and the company either restructured or sold. but its unlikely even that would save your worthless reputation at this point. I genuinely hope I never again see a group of people so ignorant & despicable as this.

Sarno1605 said:

September 21st, 8:44 am

FormerPSfan….you know for a guy who likes to complain ALOT, and alot doesn’t even cover it, you sure are on here alot. TROLLING POS!

awsome_robot said:

September 21st, 9:07 am

Is there a way to sign in to the blog and forums section of this site from the ps3? I used to do it but it has been a few months since I haven’t been able to do so. In other words can Sony please make their own websites more PS3 compatible?

Hyena said:

September 21st, 11:05 am

I would like the following enhancements:

-Ability to group my friends based on a “Category”, such as By Game.

-Ability to give friends a “Nickname” so you can remember who they are.
-Such as “Joe from work”, or “Good Sniper for COD”.
-Would also allow you to add these friends to the above groups

ArmyOf12Monkeys said:

September 21st, 11:26 am

facebook integration??? come on, give us some useful updates. Better browser, better media player, the list goes on and yet Sony spends it’s time with these garbage updates. 3-d update how many of the people out there are going to actually use this?

Elsa said:

September 21st, 11:32 am

What the hell? I stupidly updated both my PS3 units and now the system won’t let me sign in. It keeps saying that my password is incorrect, but I know that the password is correct (on both my husband’s account/PS3 and my own). When I click the “forgot password” button I get “an error has occurred. (80023017).

So I update my two PS3 units and now neither unit can get online??? Is anyone else getting this issue???

Elsa said:

September 21st, 11:36 am

ah… just found out that PSN is down… really bad time for it to be down – the same day you issue a PSN update. People can’t help but be a little alarmed by doing an update (where apparently it was up) then immediately not being able to sign in. :(

Stoffinator said:

September 21st, 11:43 am

@ Eric

Sony needs to stop relying on developers to do everything when it comes to features. You should KNOW they aren’t going to do it. Some of this stuff should just be part of the PS3. Not “If the developers choose to do so”.

Elsa said:

September 21st, 11:51 am

I just found out after wading through this awful site set up (really, who does your web design… people that own PS3’s can’t easily find information like the status of the PSN without wading through pages and pages of advertising… I already own 2 PS3’s – I want information, not endless links and sign ins to find anything) that PSN will be down ALL DAY. Is it not possible to do an actual BLOG about this instead of having everyone wondering if the recent update “broke” their ability to sign in???
(not to mentioned that if this was “scheduled” maintenance… all day, why wasn’t there a blog about this yesterday???)

zekececil14 said:

September 21st, 12:40 pm

@333
There was a blog about yesterday you idiot!

mew_frenger said:

September 21st, 12:47 pm

not everybody reads the blog everyday moron! in fact alot of ppl never read this blog

maybe the errror message should tell you that psn is down instead of password incorrect..

Morefish said:

September 21st, 1:26 pm

whats the point of netflix i feel that the ps store has enough movies shows etc thats just my opinion but i would love to see sony add some downloadable content for god of war 3 and more for heavy rain adding the move to it is great but i want more missions and i would love to play heavenly sword again that was a great game

RachetClank5734 said:

September 21st, 1:36 pm

Cool

VehicleDestoryer said:

September 21st, 1:44 pm

Spam on PSN has gotten crazy all of a sudden!!! Thanks Sony! Hope DL doesn’t take too long…

FormerPSfan said:

September 21st, 2:27 pm

@sarno1605

you are a jack*** pure and simple. I am representing myself and many many PS3 owners with legitimate complaints about the way sce is treating its customers.

you however are a truly despicable excuse for a human being. The troll here is YOU!! it is truly appalling that SCE will not address these many concerns but instead hides behind a coward like you who does nothing but harass and insult us the paying customers. Enjoy your petty tirade while it lasts, for it wont last long and when your gone from sony you will not be missed. you might think you bother me or anyone then you are sadly mistaken. You are universally laughed at for the petty buffoon you are.

jeff_abs said:

September 21st, 3:04 pm

I’m unable to connect to the store after updating … “This service is not available in your country/region.”

PIaystation3Sux said:

September 21st, 4:07 pm

Thank you for saying what needed to be said, FormerPSfan.

SuNnYBoI said:

September 21st, 4:50 pm

If possible, create a reward system that gives players some motivation to earn trophies. An example of this would be Avatars. Rather than charging $0.49 for an avatar, why not create a reward system that unlocks new Avatars for you to use depending on which game you play and what trophies you unlock? Each game that has trophies enabled has specific icons for trophies. Why not allow users to unlock these icons to use as Avatars? Every trophy contributes to the level up bar, so whatever trophies you earn during a specific level, once you level up, you unlock all the icons of all the trophies you earned to level up. For example. Level 1, you get 8 trophies from Flower, 10 from LBP and 2 from Batman Arkham Asylum. You level up to Level 2, and when you level up, ***you should get a notification*** AND you earn the exact icons of the 20 trophies across the 3 games you played to level up. Now THAT would be a sort of motivation to continue getting trophies. Everyone would now have unique Avatar icons to display. Sony’s 1st and 3rd party developers dont lose anything either since they’re developing the icons anyways, might as well allow them to be used as avatars. [reposting cuz i accidentally posted on an older posting]

eyesofreality03 said:

September 21st, 5:35 pm

sunnyboi, love the idea seriously, i thought the same when the trophies were introduced. also for you guys at sony…i have a question, why after being online while the maintenance was happening, am i now unable to log into my ps store? i cant even get into account management or home. it says unavailable in this region.

DWeezy91 said:

September 21st, 7:07 pm

Sweet!

*downloads update*

“Invalid user name (email) or password.”

*tries “Forgot Password”*

“Error Occurred (Bunch of numbers no one will ever understand)”

*sigh*

majinmax72 said:

September 21st, 7:21 pm

funny…

Skater_Ricky said:

September 21st, 7:37 pm

>>>>>> Things I’d like to see ADDED In the Next Updates <<<<<<<
———————————————————–
Ability to Delete All Messages from a certain friend from the following way Example: PSN Friend Skater_Ricky (Triangle > Message List > Delete Multiple) instead of only the way right now is from (Profile > Message List > Triangle > Delete Multiple)

Search Feature within Account Management>Transaction Management>(Download List) screen I have currently (674 downloads) and hate finding the game download I’m looking for

Cross Game Voice Chat Across All Games

Embedded Cross Game Invite System Across All Games And Launch from the Disc or PSN Game Straight from that Message Sent from a PSN Friend>

Ability to send (60 second) Voice Messages

Sarno1605 said:

September 21st, 8:07 pm

GET A LIFE FormerPSfan! I unlike you am a dedicated PS3 fan. Once you are gone from Sony….the PS3 will be that much better! Do you even own a PS3? Cuz ur not on PSN you PoS M-Fer!

Virago12 said:

September 21st, 8:53 pm

Great update, but I have a question. I downloaded this update this morning (v3.50). Went to play Red Dead Redemption online and my password disappeared. Tried logging in using password, no good. 100% sure I was using the correct password multiple times. Tried logging into PSN and got error code 80023017. Went online via computer and found out PSN was down for maintenance, okay no prob. Went to sign in again, long after maintenance was to be over, and I’m having the same problems. Created a new PSN account but still no good. Can anyone shed some light on what’s going on? Thanks

Tigris4149 said:

September 21st, 8:53 pm

Allow CUSTOM AVATARS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

cyrl_79 said:

September 21st, 8:58 pm

I cant download the update from my PS3 ive been doing it since yesterday, I even left the console to download itself still to no avail…. Im trying to download the update on my laptop but with anxiety of the update messing my PS3…

I went to a lot blogsites, PS3 sites looking for some comments regarding PS3 3.5 update and majority of what I’ve read has the same issue (and a lot of US non functioning issues as well). I think Sony Playstation has to do something about this.

PAGE 1 5 6 7 8