PlayStation Vue - One Punch Man

Sep 28

Sep 28

ModNation Racers: Over 300,000 Race Tracks Now for $39.99!

Chuck Lacson's Avatar Posted by Product Marketing Manager, SCEA

Today we are happy to announce we are offering ModNation Racers PS3 and PSP to the masses at new lower price points!

With over 1.5 million track, kart and mod creations available to everyone, ModNation Racers already offers one of the best values on ANY platform. ModNation Racers PS3 will now be available at $39.99 (MSRP), and ModNation Racers PSP will be available for $19.99 (MSRP) at both retail and on the PlayStation Network!

For the low cost of $39.99, there are over 300,000 tracks to race against friends via split-screen, online against players around the globe, or with AI in single-player. You never have to worry about players memorizing tracks–you can make each race a unique experience that levels the playing field. And if you want to race on the go, you have over 15,000 tracks to choose from on your PSP for $19.99!

ModNation Racers has changed the racing genre forever by allowing the users to quickly and easily make as many new and unique tracks as they want. Players can create a track in just three minutes by simply driving your track to life. The track is paved behind your kart and PRESTO–instant race track. Have your PS3Auto Populate” your track if you are feeling lazy, or make your dream track with the incredibly easy and deep Track Studio.

For those who just want to race and not create, no worries!

Just download any of the ever-growing number of tracks available for free from ModNation community. This is a Play, Create, SHARE game after all.

In five months, over 600,000 players have logged in, RACED, and have created over 1.5 Million Creations. That’s a testament to just how easy it is to create in ModNation Racers. Don’t believe me? Just ask folks like Gran Turismo creator Kazunori Yamauchi (Twisted Metal and God of War creator Dave Jaffe, or our friend Kevin Butler (the man) and they’ll tell you. Just check out the trailer below and see for yourself, it’s so easy!

With basically unlimited content to download and play, along with the addictive kart racing action of offline four-player split-screen and online multiplayer modes, there is no better time to join the Nation than this holiday season!

ModNation Racers for PS3 and PSP

ModNation Avatars Available Today!
In addition to this announcement we are also releasing the official ModNation Racers avatars on the PSN today!

Add Your Own

pocon28 said:

September 28th, 1:23 pm

@46 The online is a joke, not as bad as it was in the first couple of months i admit, but they should have got it 100% by now, patches that either do nothing or make things worse, and my biggest problem with the game is i get the feeling sony and ufg just dont care about supporting it (Just happy they got our money?). All we hear is “we’re working on a fix” or “coming soon” but c’mon the game has been out, what? 4-5 months? Its a shame to see what should be a great game been handled so badly.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 1:42 pm

Sorry to hear about your online troubles. I appreciate where you are coming from. Rest assured we care a ton about supporting this game and providing the best experience for our consumers. There are challenges that come with all Online gaming experiences and our team works very hard to iron out any wrinkles that come up. We are just as unhappy as you when we know our consumers aren’t getting the experience they expect.

SlySkyrat73 said:

September 28th, 1:25 pm

Is there a way to fix the people just sitting in xp series having to wait the full 30 sec after each race is driving me crazy nite after nite.

evildude683 said:

September 28th, 1:36 pm

such an awful game!!!

Zezzler said:

September 28th, 1:37 pm

A battle mode DLC PLEASE!!!! battle mode is the BEST way for offline players to have fun with friends. PLEEEEEASE add a battle mode!

depward said:

September 28th, 1:38 pm

I have to vouch for the PSP version – I have this on my PSPgo and it’s a wonderful portable kart racer. While I like the PS3 version a tad bit more, I do like being able to play online on my PSP (AND for the race points to count for my overall profile score!).

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 1:43 pm

Good times on the go!

NerdyGirl88 said:

September 28th, 1:43 pm

@51 that is your opinion. When I rented the game, I liked it. But it’s been awhile since I’ve played so I really don’t know how broken it is. If I have any issues with it, I’ll most likely trade it in for something else :D Like pre-ordering my copy on The Sims 3 Late Night! :D :D lol

pocon28 said:

September 28th, 1:45 pm

@56 its a lot of peoples opinion!

Rytteren said:

September 28th, 1:46 pm

celebrate the new price with double xp week ??

NerdyGirl88 said:

September 28th, 1:49 pm

well like I said, if I don’t like the online game play, I will trade it in to pre-order my other game! :D

SlySkyrat73 said:

September 28th, 1:58 pm

Is there going to be anymore double xp coming soon. Please more track DLC soon.

SpyDudeFX said:

September 28th, 1:58 pm

Thx Chuck, gonna get on MNR this week and try it out again.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 2:34 pm

Check out some of the tracks and creations we’ve featured on past posts. Good times.

F-minus said:

September 28th, 2:03 pm

So many price cuts for games….

Just because it is on sale does not mean you have to buy it…WAIT?!?! YES IT DOES!!!!!!!!

MEUS_6 said:

September 28th, 2:07 pm

Awesome I am gonna have to buy this now

Kirkpad said:

September 28th, 2:08 pm

Uh oh, sounds like I should buy a copy.

RichieAppel said:

September 28th, 2:11 pm

Everyone is calling for track DLC. UFG better start listening before this game is dead. Which is fast approaching.

SykoTech said:

September 28th, 2:13 pm

Nice. I’ve been holding out, but I just might go for it now.

WhiteF8ng said:

September 28th, 2:16 pm

Sounds great for people that don’t already have the game. How about improving on the matchmaking system? I think its using skill rating but this doesn’t seem to be working very well. I’ve raced lvl 1 people that are good. I know not everyone can take a loss but see if u guys can improve on the matchmaking. Besides tracks and track creation DLC that’s what the game is missing…

bob52 said:

September 28th, 2:16 pm

been waiting on this for a while will probably pick it up. i still have mods to transfer over from the demo Modnation FTW

TonyAlmighty said:

September 28th, 2:18 pm

CHUCK, CAN YOU PLEASE REPLY TO THIS.

Why can’t we have weekly DLC, like a new mod and kart pack every week? And also why cant we remix licensed mods and karts, no one races with them. People only buy the mod and kart packs for the parts to make their own creations.

I mean Little Big Planet gave us multiple DLC packs weekly, holiday DLC, and licensed DLC was remixable.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 2:49 pm

Hi Tony! Actually licensed mods are pretty popular. Since they are the only versions that are approved by the actual character creators I guess a lot of people like that they are official. While there are some awesome Sweet Tooth Mods out there, the official one is pretty “sweet”. I know it’s hard since the games are similar, but LBP has some key differences with MNR. If you notice each Mod has animated facial characteristics which take a lot more time to develop. Mods are new characters, not just outfits. I’m glad you are hungry for more DLC, and we hope to feed that hunger with some cool stuff.

SgtRufus said:

September 28th, 2:20 pm

Does the game still have the annoying ‘get hit right before you cross the finish line causing you to lose’ and ‘have an opponent that was way behind magically dart past you right before you cross the finish line causing you to lose’ properties every kart racer has?

tigerfodder said:

September 28th, 2:22 pm

To answer you from a previous post… I play 2 player split screen online when I have a friend over and it is enjoyable. But typically there are more than 2 people that want to play… but in that case there is only one option in modnation and that’s offline racing.

I wish there was another option or two in that case… like playing online, or even better additional multiplayer modes. Think about how much fun a four kart relay race could be against other teams or highest trick score challenges.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 2:56 pm

Great suggestions! Keep ’em coming.

angelspawn77 said:

September 28th, 2:29 pm

Wow another price drop on another fantastic game for the Ps3, seriously this holiday season will be fantastic for any Ps3 owner or new ps3 owners, so many great games that have gotten a price drop. Im a bit surprised that Modnation got a price drop so soon though, this game is fantastic! Seriously one of the best racers, if not THE best I’ve ever played :D

dizeeStL said:

September 28th, 2:35 pm

sorry to say but this game isnt even worth $20, let alone $40. this game was a poor mans mario kart that wasnt even half as fun

drifting was terrible, the weapons were awful, it lagged bad and it took forever to load

and no battle mode like Mario kart has to top it off.

Put your wii to use for once and just play Mario Kart on it.

cmandb said:

September 28th, 2:41 pm

Where is Air Raid, I thought his kart and mod were going to be available today on PSN? I still don’t see them in Central Time Zone.

famousmortimer said:

September 28th, 2:46 pm

This would be an ideal game for the PSN store. I love having games on my harddrive… and with the creation tools and whatnot, I would buy it for a second time, without a doubt, if it was put up as a direct download for $39.99.

Same thing with LBP1 (which europe has but we dont – but that’s a whole other topic).

Is this a possibility? Is the game too large? Infamous weighs in at about 7gbs.

PhillyTheCat said:

September 28th, 2:54 pm

@angelspawn~did you get the code for the movie yesterday?

Rhez said:

September 28th, 2:58 pm

Thanks Chuck, I picked this one up week one. I played through the career then left it for a while, in the past two weeks I popped it back in and wow, I got hooked. Between Modnation Racers and LBP I don’t need any other games. (well LBP2 and MNR2???)

Really looking forward to some new DLC in the form of new themes or modes. There’s a lot of opportunity there. Amazing game.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 5:13 pm

Thanks for the support! I agree about the opportunity. A lot more fun to be had.

Son_Of_A_Patriot said:

September 28th, 3:10 pm

….and I almost bought it for full price ($59.99) yesterday @ Best Buy. Glad I held back.

Ended up trying the MOVE demo. Holy $#!+ I’m buying it too…….. next paycheck. LoL

bowling_ninja said:

September 28th, 3:24 pm

@Chuck Lacson
Please reply. Will the PSP version ever get an update to allow for branching shortcuts and intersections for things like figure 8 tracks? I ask on every Modnation post but am always ignored :(

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 5:19 pm

Sorry you’ve been ignored bowling_ninja. (maybe it’s because you’re a ninja…you are hard to see.)

I’m not aware of a PSP update at this time, but I’ll be happy to mention it to the team!

jqtaxpayer said:

September 28th, 3:39 pm

Yikes… only out since May and it already has a $20 price drop? My condolences, guys.

Elnath10 said:

September 28th, 3:41 pm

Hi Chuck!

I Want to ask you something, I know something big is coming for track edition DLC, maybe more cool themes, props and stuff. But I think that mods and karts needs a big DLC as well, for karts we have to wait 2 weeks or more (like Gopher mess in us store).. for getting a new body, and 2 parts max… same for mods, we want more stuff to use for creating, I think a great karts DLC should include at least 10 more bodies, engines, wheels, steering wheels, and some stickers and props..

same for mods, a huge mods DLC should included more hairstyles, eyes, ears, voices!!, we need more variety of voices, we’re pretty limited there…need at least 5 more kind of voices, and of course cloths and props, helmets and all of that stuff

as you can see I think huge DLC for mods and karts could be released as well as the urgent track editor DLC, ’cause waiting 2 weeks or more for just a body kart, 2 parts for a mods and other 2 for karts for 1.75 is not worth it, so much time!

thanks for replying

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 5:28 pm

Thanks for the comment. I totally understand where you are coming from. If you look at my reply on #69 you can see that weekly DLC is tough as all the Mods are intricate. We love the ideas an are always exploring better ways to package and offer DLC. Keep the suggestions flowing. We are listening.

coolasia said:

September 28th, 3:44 pm

Hi Chuck! Its me coolasia! Long time no see! Im thinking of getting this game for psp on the holidays. I guess there is no more worries about the time machines right!?

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 5:26 pm

Hey! No more worries. You are all set!

GGod0 said:

September 28th, 3:45 pm

The most prevalent thing I want in a patch/DLC is being able to put accessories like Dynamite, Grass, etc on parts of my mod other than the head. Or at least get a good reason why this is.

coolasia said:

September 28th, 3:48 pm

Hi Chuck! Its me coolasia! Long time no see! This game has made great accomplishments. I guess we won’t have to worry about that time machine right!?

Vex_Doppel said:

September 28th, 3:52 pm

I got an idea.

So you got all these mascots, you should make DCL tracks based around them. So when you play these tracks, the computer ai racers will be just mascots. Drake, sackboy, kratos, and SweetTooth. You still need some KZ DLC among others to make this course work.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 5:29 pm

That is something to look into!

phinnv8 said:

September 28th, 4:08 pm

Guess it wasn’t doing that well. Honestly it is a really good game regardless of the long load times (that the patch didn’t fix much). I recommend this game to everyone at $40. The track editor is just amazing… I always wish it had an online mode sorta like Mario Kart has with vs. modes for just blowing each other up in arenas too.

RockToonz said:

September 28th, 4:11 pm

the patch is good for me… 8-12 secs for loading is not much time though…

EdgarFriendly said:

September 28th, 4:38 pm

Will there be a patch for the PSP version? The track editor keeps suggesting that I cross tracks (the auto-complete feature) but never lets me do it. Also, when playing online I can only use a few of my own mods. Most just give an error if I try to use them.

remanutd5 said:

September 28th, 4:53 pm

released a patch for the psp version that let us talk and join our friends on the same room please , love the game on both systems , PS3 and PSP GO

sirjafar said:

September 28th, 4:54 pm

Are you guys going to fix the load time issues? The game still takes a long time to load, and then gets slow or laggy from time to time.

KILLZONE79 said:

September 28th, 5:00 pm

i was still on the fence on buying this game as well, i loved the exclusive beta :)

cmandb said:

September 28th, 5:19 pm

Air Raid is there now, very slow to update the playstation store.

moriarty1975 said:

September 28th, 5:39 pm

Sorry Chuck but your reply to comment #81 doesnt make any sense as the Mod/Kart DLC was completed BEFORE the game was released.

Chuck Lacson's Avatar

Chuck Lacson said:

September 28th, 6:04 pm

When pre-release DLC is sold on the store, it’s usually months after launch so pre-order consumers can enjoy a healthy window of exclusivity. Once they do go out, we space out releases so we can avoid huge gaps (3-4 weeks without dlc) in our schedule.

ROLO_ONFIRE said:

September 28th, 5:46 pm

I love this game but you need to make an update that REALLY improves loading times, I can’t notice any difference, the initial load is pretty long and I don’t understand why since modspot isn’t loaded anymore. On IGN comparisons there where some times even longer, I don’t really know but to me they just feel the same.

Also, I got dropped A LOT yesterday when trying to download mods and tracks. Please improve this awesome game

moriarty1975 said:

September 28th, 6:08 pm

@ reply to #93

Ah that makes more sense! That would have been a better answer to #69 & #81. ;)

ZAC_DESTROYS_ALL said:

September 28th, 6:10 pm

sorry to ask but don’t you guys make mod and karts from a base model called ‘mod’ and ‘kart’ please respond big fan sadly had to go back to lbp which i like

Cyb3rfr34k-iso said:

September 28th, 6:51 pm

Why no answer! Chucky probably dont know how to write properly english. and never reply to my simple question.

“ModNation Racers PS3 will now be available at $39.99 (MSRP), and ModNation Racers PSP will be available for $19.99 (MSRP) at both retail and on the PlayStation Network!”

AT BOTH RETAIL “AND” “ON” THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK!

True LIES!

hush404 said:

September 28th, 7:17 pm

I’ve just had WAY too much on my plate to get this title before now, glad to see I’ll be getting it at a cheaper price when I do pick it up. The team behind the game must be pumped it’s doing so well.

Elnath10 said:

September 28th, 7:52 pm

how rude @97 :S

anyway.. thanks Chuck for the reply for @81, and complements of moriarty1975’s @91 comment. yeah I read the @69 reply about licensed characters and stuff, but for example if you purchase kratos, (i got it for pre-order code) you got your mod and kart, cool, but you don’t get anything for your mods creation and karts creation, you can’t create a kart with the kratos body kart, same with sweet tooth(i bought it), they’re are cool, but what I refer to is for getting stuff for our creations, and big stuff, I understand the scheduled times with the missing Ratchet & Clank, and Kratos DLC coming up after Air Raid (got it from Gamespot), and the missing Gopher DLC… but after all of them? what’s next?.. That’s why I refer to more karts and mods DLC complements but in a huge portion as the Tracks DLC ;)

another thing, sorry is this too large, but you have any news about the posibility of chosing AI characters on quick races or whatever you use AI enemies?, ’cause it always appear with secondary UFG characters, it will be awesome to play against main characters (tag, diablo, etc) and even better, our own creations (or downloaded mods/karts)!!! that would be totally an improvement

thankx

MXZBladEon said:

September 28th, 10:38 pm

Great to hear about this price cut, that should push some people over the fence to buy this game.

i actually got MNR the day after i got my first PS3 and it was and still is a delightfully enjoyable game.

that being said i feel like it is missing something, like more creative ways to create your Mod (such as putting one item on top of another item) or some weather options.

hopefully MNR2 will be adding these features.