Farpoint

Sep 28

Sep 28

New PS3 Greatest Hits Titles Available Now

Ami Sheth's Avatar Posted by Associate Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

Hi everyone! We have some exciting news for those of you looking to expand your PS3 game library. Back in April we announced new PS3 Greatest Hits titles, and today we are adding seven more PS3 titles to the ever-growing “Greatest Hits” library. These latest titles will be available at retailers in U.S. and Canada for only $29.99 (MSRP). With our ongoing expansion of the “Greatest Hits” library, now including more than 40 titles, we’re continuing to give PS3 owners more to enjoy while spending less.

MAG Greatest Hits for PS3 (PlayStation Move support) Ratchet & Clank Future: A Crack in Time Greatest Hits for PS3

MotorStorm Pacific Rift Greatest Hits for PS3 Demon's Souls Greatest Hits for PS3

Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare Greatest Hits for PS3 Call of Duty: World at War Greatest Hits for PS3

TEKKEN 6 Greatest Hits for PS3

The newest additions to the “Greatest Hits” library include:

With this month’s launch of PlayStation Move and the recent addition of 3D Blu-ray movie support, the PS3 is the only system continues to do everything – and with more and more titles available at the low “Greatest Hits” price, there’s something for everyone looking to expand their PS3 library. In fact, the MAG PlayStation Move software update, which enables PlayStation Move compatibility, is coming soon. Enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

poweredbyzen said:

September 28th, 7:02 am

i’m so going shopping today!

Jeo said:

September 28th, 7:04 am

I hadn’t gotten a chance to try out mag… but at that price it’s definitely worth picking up.

Glad to see the price drop. Otherwise I probably would have just skipped it.

Xer0Signal said:

September 28th, 7:05 am

ok, people, MAG is now only $30.

NO MORE EXCUSES, BUY IT NOW

NHDrumline17 said:

September 28th, 7:06 am

Might finally give Demon’s Soul a try!

infamousXX87XX said:

September 28th, 7:06 am

Great deals nice.

On a side not whatever happened to the “pushed” demo of Lara Croft for the PLUS members? You guys on the blog said it would come 9/28 and the ps store even advertises it as well…..but no demo was “pushed”. No beta invite either…plus is getting sad

VanilaGorila-x- said:

September 28th, 7:09 am

Demon Souls will finally get a buy from me.

Peace,
VG

ProjectInfiniti said:

September 28th, 7:10 am

This is kind of off-topic but…

I gave in and picked up a PlayStation Move Sports Bundle last night. All I have to say is: Sony, you BETTER support the s*** out of this thing!

When they say that it’s precise, accurate, and responsive, they weren’t bulls’ing at all, and I was skeptical about lag at first. I friggin LOVE the Move and will be picking up MAG again to get more play from this :D

OnesOwnGrief said:

September 28th, 7:10 am

<.< I wont be pushed until tonight when the PS Store updates.

OnesOwnGrief said:

September 28th, 7:11 am

Also, I’m not liking how the only pushed demo’s are those of Eidos/Square-Enix. I would like something better honestly. You might as well start pushing the free games and all early demos Plus get at this point.

NOhara24 said:

September 28th, 7:12 am

Where’s the new Borderlands DLC?

ChocoDK said:

September 28th, 7:13 am

And the PS3 only continues to remove everything (as in features).

Nice to see though Call of Duty 4 finally going Greatest Hits since its taken long enough. Surprised though to see titles such as MAG, and Demon Souls go Greatest Hits so quickly. Hopefully Heavy Rain will be added to the Greatest Hits line-up soon.

blazsox said:

September 28th, 7:16 am

Man took forever for Modern Warfare to get a price cut. Definitely will re-pick it up soon.

SykoTech said:

September 28th, 7:16 am

Is that big blue Move logo on MAG going to be on every Move compatible game? I really don’t want that on my LittleBigPlanet 2 boxart. :(

Nice deals though. Anyone who has not bought A Crack in Time should do so ASAP.

Glacier928 said:

September 28th, 7:20 am

A great selection of greatest hits added today, on my birthday too! Too bad I have all these games already lol

Vu_Prime said:

September 28th, 7:22 am

Demon’s Souls. NICE!

ddb216 said:

September 28th, 7:22 am

Wow its hard to believe that Tekken 6 has been out nearly a year now

anotherdae said:

September 28th, 7:25 am

Any chance Demon’s Souls got updated with save points? Freakn’ impossible. Love/Hate…

TheDark12 said:

September 28th, 7:27 am

Awesome, thank you Sony!

Lambrick said:

September 28th, 7:30 am

now there’s no reason for anyone to not buy Demon’s Souls. get on it people!

BiezulbubBill69 said:

September 28th, 7:30 am

Sony always wins baby!!!!

subbed said:

September 28th, 7:30 am

While I still hate the name I hope more people get Demon’s Souls. Challenging and depressing game but I felt the reward was worth it. I will say though to anyone picking it up you may hate it. I know quite a few people that just couldn’t get into the difficulty and the atmosphere of the game. (just want to give fair warning on one of my favorite games)

Might just pick up MAG or MotorStorm PR now. Both games interest me but so far not enough to buy them.

Kamiboy said:

September 28th, 7:32 am

Huzzah for Demon Soul’s I say! Always glad to see that game get some more well deserved exposure. When I imported the Hong Kong English version of this game at launch and delved into its pleasurable atmospheric regiment of torture I thought this was fated to be one of those obscure games that only a handful would ever know of.

Whatever was the cause of that mysterious disturbance in the market dynamics that enabled such a game to sell enough to be greatest hits, here is the tip of my hat to it. Mysterious phenomenon, I hope to see your likes more often.

remanutd5 said:

September 28th, 7:33 am

nice , very nice , good to see Motorstorm Pacific Rift on the list so more people will try it and get ready for Motorstorm Apocalypse !!!!! MAG , Ratchet and Demons Souls are all great titles !!!! i think i will pick MAG up for my bro , wheres ModNation Racers? God of War 3? come on , we know God of War 3 is the fastest selling first party game from sony this generation , should be on that list , oh and wheres Heavenly Sword ? didnt the game sold 1.5 million already ? such a shame you guys didnt push it , its an amazing title !!!!

memberop said:

September 28th, 7:35 am

Nice, very nice, seriously nice. :)

SuperSlay said:

September 28th, 7:38 am

one question is the greatest hits cod4 the goy edition?

FunkyTable said:

September 28th, 7:43 am

axiously waiting for Uncharted 2 to be greatest hits.

Rene_Led said:

September 28th, 7:47 am

I didn’t like MAG much but I heard now you can play against all other teams. For 30$ must mean that getting used is even cheaper.
I think I may give it a go and CoD5 looks great too ;)

adolson said:

September 28th, 7:48 am

Borderlands is a new Greatest Hits title too, is it not?

tj5678 said:

September 28th, 7:55 am

Any new psp greatest hits??? Also in honor of it becoming a greatest hits, how bout the Demon Souls dynamic theme being released for us on psn store- Thanks for reading.

CrimsonPaw said:

September 28th, 7:58 am

Ugh, now I have to pick up MAG — AND a PS Move wand … Thanks Sony, I don’t like having money anyway.

mew_frenger said:

September 28th, 7:58 am

get a crack in time if u havnt. amazing game

shazbot-finubus said:

September 28th, 8:02 am

That is a great line up. I may pick up MAG, curious about the motion controls in a shooter.

For anyone who is tired of the standard “JRPG” I strongly suggest picking up Demon’s Souls. It’s difficult but almost never unfair. It’s a game that rewards patience and thinking.

Kchow23 said:

September 28th, 8:02 am

Took awhile for the older CODs to become greatest hits… thought Borderlands was added too.

F-minus said:

September 28th, 8:04 am

R&C-A crack in time… Come to me my pretty!!!

Still Need to try out MAG with the MOVE. Havent played MAG in a while, Playing MOD Nation Alot.

thewindowsguy said:

September 28th, 8:05 am

This is great news. I am probably going to buy MAG. But first, the second navigation controller.

cwbygmer said:

September 28th, 8:06 am

I think I might actually pick up demon souls this weekend and see what all the difficulty hype is about

Elvick_ said:

September 28th, 8:06 am

I’m so glad I already have the games I want from that list, because I DESPISE the greatest hits cases and red banners.

It’s horrendous. Only thing worse is the yellow Greatest Hits from the Gamecube.

Korbei83 said:

September 28th, 8:09 am

I am shocked that Activision let you cut the price of their games.

jimmyfoxhound said:

September 28th, 8:10 am

DEMON’S SOULS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! How awesome is it to see that it made it to Greatest Hits status?? Sooo cool!

Frejim said:

September 28th, 8:11 am

sweet deals

I’ll go get MAG now!!!

S-E-G said:

September 28th, 8:13 am

didn’t take long for mag to make it to the greatest hits
lol
one last push for the game i guess
was it really a hit though?
how many copies did it sell?

Jarett said:

September 28th, 8:13 am

Great price for Crack in Time!
I think Hot Shots Golf: Out of Bounds is overdue for a greatest hits release.

Berae said:

September 28th, 8:32 am

Great news!, unfortunately i played them all except tekken but I never liked this franchise

DieUnbeliever said:

September 28th, 8:50 am

Well what do you know, they finally decided to add CoD4 on the list after 2 and a half years. I’m guessing the selling curve for the game have reached it’s stepe end so they said “Ok, now that we know everyone bought it (or almost everyone), we can reduce the price!” LOL!

Let’s look at other titles that have done ok, good, great, or just AS GREAT as COD4

MAG = less than a year old = Listed
MGS4 = was less than a year old = listed
R&C CinT = about a year old = listed
CoD 4 = Almost THREE years old = FINALLY Listed.

MW2 should be on there. But I guess it won’t be on until 2012 by the looks of things. LOL!!

Anyhow, just thought I’d note that. These are Great games!!! A Crack in Time and MAG is worth picking up for those who don’t have it!!! NO POINT in getting any of the COD at this time, since COD:BO is releasing SOON and MW2 is been out for almost a year.

Disjecta said:

September 28th, 8:52 am

Sorry Sony, not supporting (i.e. purchasing) any Greatest Hits titles till you mark down Heavy Rain to one.

lbpmagician said:

September 28th, 8:52 am

Yeah, what about Heavy Rain? I just got it for $40 on Amazon, but now would be a great time for a price drop, what with Move support and all.

Meguer said:

September 28th, 8:52 am

I think Greatest Hits games should be like Midnight Club Lost Angeles Complete Edition. MCLA: CE have a great price (U$29,99) AAAAAAAND 2 DLC’s. Every company should learn this from RockStar.

kfs13 said:

September 28th, 8:54 am

looking forward to trying MAG with the move support I would not buy it before but 30 bucks and move gotta give it a shot

Zezzler said:

September 28th, 8:54 am

I’ll be picking up a copy of MAG for sure! thats a terrific price, and an FPS with move support sounds great!

Richlando said:

September 28th, 8:58 am

Good reason to pick up Demon Souls now. Played it as a Gamefly rental now I think I’ll buy it.

Soooo…any of you Sony mutes up for a question?

I would LOVE to know why EU Plus subscribers (ALL not just a select few) got the AC Brotherhood beta???? I preordered it with Gamestop so I’ll get it as soon as they remember to actually send out the codes..which should have went out already..I’m asking this because I hope all this “select” few nonsense is over and done with for US plus subscribers soon.

PAGE 1 2 3