God of War

Sep 28

Sep 28

UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition coming October 12th

Arne Meyer's Avatar Posted by Director of Communications, Naughty Dog

Like UNCHARTED

It’s hard to believe it’s been nearly a whole year since UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves was released! Since then we’ve sold over 3.8 million copies worldwide of UNCHARTED 2, hosted more than 125 million online multiplayer matches and won more Game of the Year Awards than we know what do with.

Not exactly a bad problem to have.

UNCHARTED 2

To commemorate UNCHARTED 2 as the definitive Game of the Year in 2009, we’re proud to reveal the UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition!

UNCHARTED 2: Game of the Year edition

On October 12, 2010, copies of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves Game of the Year Edition will start hitting retailers all over North America. For just $49.99, you’ll get the regular retail Blu-ray of UNCHARTED 2: Among Thieves along with a “super voucher” for the PlayStation Network Store that lets you download ALL of the following DLC content:

Sparing me the need to bust out a calculator, I’m told the total value of all the content we’re including in our Game of the Year Edition comes in at more than $35.00 if you purchased it all separately — and some of the content isn’t even available for purchase separately, so the bonus just got even better.

Releasing our Game of the Year Edition in the same week as our one-year anniversary of release is not without benefits – we have set aside Saturday, October 16, 2010, as the date to join us online for some awesome anniversary festivities!

We’ll be running a special one-day only playlist which compiles a “Best of…” selection of gametypes we’ve chosen from previous episodes of “The Lab.” We’ll also have plenty of Dogs online nearly all day in that playlist to play against. But that’s not all – we’re not ready to reveal everything yet, so please check back on NaughtyDog.com in the next few weeks. We’ll be posting more details on all the awesomeness we have in store for our fans!

And last but not least, head on over here to check out the IGN exclusive interview with our very own Evan Wells and Justin Richmond for an inside look at how they are feeling a year since launch, multiplayer stats, accolades, and more!

Add Your Own

jipmg said:

September 28th, 9:43 am

You guys should release UNCHARTED 1 ON PSN!

I would so totally buy it

kenny-1995 said:

September 28th, 9:43 am

My Favorite Game and first game of all time Uncharted, I will never sell it or borrow it to anybody, but i will sell uncharted 2 and get this awesome GOTYE! Naughty Dog Are The Boss!!
first ps1 game- crash bandicoot!!

Elvick_ said:

September 28th, 9:46 am

Already got all the stuff, but that’s a good deal.

DA_SHREDDER said:

September 28th, 9:47 am

Finally, a GOTY edition for a game that was actually considered GOTY. I bought this game day one, but I think Im gonna have to get this again considering I traded it in for GOW3. Yeah baby.

lcmnick said:

September 28th, 9:47 am

Only 3.8 million copies sold?

Absolutely criminal. Sony marketing fail.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 10:38 am

We’re in the Top 10 of all PS3 games sold, and second/third highest first-party title — I don’t think that’s too shabby! ;)

Kodaime said:

September 28th, 9:48 am

Are the extras on the game disc or is they voucher codes packed with the game?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 10:39 am

The description lets you know that the DLC is a super voucher code that you redeem online to download all the content.

CondorMcG said:

September 28th, 9:48 am

Haven’t played for a while but I’ll definitely drop in for a few hours to celebrate. See you online Arne!

mosespippy said:

September 28th, 9:49 am

My PS3 broke in January so I never got the chance to buy any DLC so this is a great option for me. I already have the game though so the only real good reason to buy it again is if it has a different set of trophies. I’d be spending the $35 on DLC either way, and $15 for a new platinum is a great deal. So are the trophies the same?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 10:40 am

It’s the same version of Uncharted 2 it always has been — with the same original set of Trophies plus the additional Trophies available from the DLC.

StevenVlzqz3 said:

September 28th, 9:50 am

wow, good thing I waited to buy this game :P

shazbot-finubus said:

September 28th, 9:50 am

Congrats Naughty Dog! I haven’t played a game that I was this passionate about in a long, long time. Uncharted 2 was like this perfect little treat in the fall, and then the multiplayer was something that I played as if it was a lifestyle choice for months on end.

I’ll be online to celebrate with everyone else and hopefully I’ll get to run into a few Dogs!

Enkei-Xpress said:

September 28th, 9:53 am

Uncharted 3!! :D

GibbShift said:

September 28th, 9:55 am

Out of all the accolades and superlative remarks you’ve received from the press at large for this masterpiece of a single player game (we all know MP is garbage now), you decided to quote FOX NEWS of all sources???

LMFAO wonderful.

ykiki5 said:

September 28th, 9:56 am

I was able to take my son (13) to the Uncharted 2 “Exclusive Sneak Peak” in Bellevue, Washington last year. Can’t believe it’s been almost a year already.

Needless to say, we had a blast (and he kicked Dad’s you-know-what in the process). We have 2 PS3s, so each of us getting our own free disc that night capped off a wonderful evening. What a fabulous game that we’re still playing to this day.

And with multiplayer, he’s still kicking my…

FunkyTable said:

September 28th, 9:57 am

I’m eagerly awaiting this title to get a greatest hits release. So this to me means that I’ll have to wait longer, oh well.

belgarionnico said:

September 28th, 9:57 am

I play Uncharted 2 every day since it came out , it’s a great game ! Have you planned to make new DLC or is it over?

lPHOENIXZEROl said:

September 28th, 10:00 am

I knew I shouldn’t have used the Siege code I won from the Subway contest.. >_<

Nintendo451 said:

September 28th, 10:07 am

Wow! Thanks for answering my first question so quickly! Now I have a different question:

Will the vanilla Uncharted 2 be sold at a discounted price, or will it be slowly discontinued so the GOTY edition will eventually be the only edition?

RurouniSaiya-jin said:

September 28th, 10:08 am

Wow Naughty Dog, you’ve really outdone yourselves this time. It’s a pretty sweet bundle. I especially like the fact that you bundled the motion comics into it.

CRAIG19C said:

September 28th, 10:10 am

Woo hoo!
So awesome. :)

ali922 said:

September 28th, 10:13 am

congrats naughty dog i knew this was coming hhmmm and the upcoming
news cough”uncharted 3″cough lol

HJayZ91 said:

September 28th, 10:17 am

Why didn’t you guys put all the DLC on the disc with the game? some people have slow ass internet and just downloading demos takes for EVER, a GOTY Edition should be the original game with all patches and DLC on the disc.

also, what if we already have the original game? is the disc inside the GOTY Edition the same disc? so if we upgrade, from orignal to GOTY, we just keep our game date and save data and download the new stuff?

Thanks, ND has my respect!!!

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 10:45 am

We looked into it but it wasn’t possible to have it all on disc, which is why we went the “super voucher” code route. And you’re correct, if you upgrade from the original to the GOTY — all the game data and save files are the same and work with either version.

TwinDad said:

September 28th, 10:17 am

So is this is the new Sony business model?

Game sells millions of copies in 9 months. Should be given Greatest Hits status. Instead let us put DLC in the box make a GOTY edition and charge full price? Wait another year until we lower it to a family friendly price (IE GH price).

I look forward to next year when I can play Heavy Rain GOTY.

MrBeatdown said:

September 28th, 10:18 am

A sale on the DLC for existing owners would be nice. I’m having a really hard time finding any games set on the Siege maps. Plus, I wouldn’t mind picking up the remaining DLC.

Epiclees said:

September 28th, 10:19 am

Lol that’s alot of awards think i will buy it

Capt-Fury- said:

September 28th, 10:21 am

we dont have avatar pack 3 and 4 on the store, are they exclusive to the GOTY edition?

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 10:47 am

No – I believe they should be available in all regions. Which region are you located in?

T3mpr1x said:

September 28th, 10:25 am

@72 (TwinDad), you’re forgetting that the DLC they’re packing in is also something you’d otherwise have to pay for. So couple that with your perceived loss-of-value for the game itself, and you are still getting your money’s worth. And as we just saw in a previous blog posting, they are definitely still doing the “Greatest Hits” for most games that sell decently.

On another note, I am NEVER selling my copy of the game, since I got the inside of the game’s insert signed by some of the development team at the Spike VGA meetup last year! :)

F-minus said:

September 28th, 10:26 am

Awesome, I Cant Wait

Im so glad I got my platinum trophy on Uncharted 2, and than went back and got my platinum trophy on Uncharted… now with the GOY Edition, no one should have any excuse not to have Uncharted 2.

Glacier928 said:

September 28th, 10:30 am

Congrats to the industry’s best developers! It’s because of your games that I want to get into the gaming industry! Uncharted 2 revolutionized gaming, period. With it unrivaled single player campaign and the best multiplayer I’ve ever played, anyone who misses out on this game is only fooling themselves.

toasty_hoodie said:

September 28th, 10:32 am

I can’t wait for more n00bs to beat in MP!

Sadly, I already have all of the DLC that’s offered on the PSN, save for some skins, and I can’t justify this as a new purchase. But, I do have a good friend getting a PS3 Move 320gb system, and I’ll make sure this is his first game purchase.

DieUnbeliever said:

September 28th, 10:32 am

Naughty Dog are one of the few developers out there that care about their fans! Amazing job with Uncharted 2 and this is a GREAT deal! I have all the content and the games, but for those of you (the very FEW of you who don’t have it), GET IT!

Thanks, Naughty Dog! You guys Rock!

VofEscaflowne said:

September 28th, 10:33 am

About time :) Bought the game day one of course but this is great news for late adopters!

Still remember going to the store that day, excited to finally pick up my copy. It’s quite rare that a game hypes me up like Uncharted 2 did and it also lived up to that hype. What an amazing gaming experience that deserves all the awards it received. I cannot wait to see what else is to come for this game and of course, Uncharted 3 ;)

Superstrokey1123 said:

September 28th, 10:34 am

Very nice. Not really worth getting if you already have the game but if you dont already have it you are crazy as the game is a masterpeice!

OctoberFire87 said:

September 28th, 10:35 am

What about those of us who already have the game? Don’t we get anything? I knew I should have waited for this edition.

thedrifter11 said:

September 28th, 10:47 am

I was going to get this game(UC2)next week,,but I will wait now,,so with the extra’s anything for ppl that do not play MP on console?

This game is great,I only played the first.It was an adventure with a nice story line(a good story line is 50% of a great game,IMO)..

Keep up the good work N.Dog,,,,cheers

the_miyamoto said:

September 28th, 11:00 am

Any chance you guys will have a sale for the dlc on the store sometime? Since this GotY edition is more for people who don’t already have the game, how about giving some extra value to everyone who already has the game in the form of a sale? I’m looking at the maps and skins, specifically….

Anyways, congrats on Uncharted 2’s success, it’s well deserved.

zombie9 said:

September 28th, 11:03 am

How do we unlock Golden guns? Game rocks play almost every day:)

Carl-G said:

September 28th, 11:04 am

Best game of last year & KillZone 2 as well :P

MarinoBrea said:

September 28th, 11:05 am

There’s one word that’s repeated everywhere you read about Uncharted 2, and that is “BEST”.

Uncharted 2 is the BEST game this generation. Until Uncharted 3 that is :-D … but seriously, the “best” Uncharted 3 could do is to tie Uncharted 2’s “best”. I don’t think anybody would complain if it does.

scorpio182 said:

September 28th, 11:06 am

LOVE THIS GAME!!!!

BEST GAME FOR ME EVER!!!

mew_frenger said:

September 28th, 11:06 am

hey. i sold my copy after 150+ hours online. but i was intrigued to hear more coop dlc might be comming, is this true?! if so, i might have to go out and get this edition.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 11:07 am

We haven’t made any announcements regarding whether there will be future DLC or not — anything else out there so far is speculation.

neostardust said:

September 28th, 11:09 am

This is pretty awesome even tho I own the normal game and more the half of the DLC, this is still pretty awesome.

pitythefool852 said:

September 28th, 11:11 am

I’ve been a gamer since Pacman, and Uncharted 2 is one of the best games that I have ever played… especially the single player, which is so cinematic and well made.

I hope now that there’s this Game of the Year Edition that we’ll get more people playing the DLC. I still sometimes find it hard to get into certain multiplayer game modes, especially ranked games and some DLC modes.

Naughty… is there any chance that you could just default multiplayer games to “no preference” unless specified, so that we can get a good mix of DLC and non DLC games?

Also, any chance of a game mode that doesn’t have boosters… well, namely Situational Awareness, but a general booster-free game mode would be nice. I just think that SA kinda messes up the dynamics of the game at times. Just a thought on an otherwise amazing game.

tosun01 said:

September 28th, 11:12 am

I have a friend in Europe, and he asked if this GotY edition will be released there!
He also asked if the US version voucher can be redeemed on an EU region account!?

Shinra_Soilder said:

September 28th, 11:13 am

A Game of the Year Edition?!
Thanks Naughty Dog! ^_^
Now I can convince my friend to buy this game though he’ll have the golden guns….in other news: I’ll definitely stop by on October 16 to join in on the fun. No power weapons was great! I hope Plunder w/Pistols makes it. Never got to try it. Keep up the hard work!

martinus81 said:

September 28th, 11:14 am

The Game of the Year Edition of the game should includes the DLC content on the disc and not via a separate voucher.

MarinoBrea said:

September 28th, 11:16 am

Question for Arne Meyer:

Does this GOTY edition include all the latest software patches? I would assume it does. I know for experience it’s quite a hassle to (try to) jump into the MP part of the game only to be greeted by a enthusiasm-killer long download and then even more waiting for the game to sync…Newcomers to the game shouldn’t have to experience that, and you guys should have a workaround for that problem for Uncharted 3’s multiplayer. Your game is as perfect as any I’ve seen or played, but you need to iron out some of those details for future titles.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 11:34 am

No — the version of Uncharted 2 on the disc is the same as the original retail version — none of the DLC or Title Updates are included on the disc — as I’d mentioned before, we looked into including this type of stuff on the disc and it wasn’t possible to pull off.

LightAce said:

September 28th, 11:24 am

Uncharted 3 please!!

pitythefool852 said:

September 28th, 11:26 am

Hey again Naughty

For the GotY buyers, will DLC and original multiplayer levels be separate options, or will they be grouped together?

Also, will any new DLC be released soon?

againes said:

September 28th, 11:28 am

The best game ever made! Way better than Call of Duty.

WILLDWILL-BR said:

September 28th, 11:31 am

Are there Portuguese audio/audio subtitles available in region 1 (NTSC USA) copies? I’m a Brazilian possible buyer.

Arne Meyer's Avatar

Arne Meyer said:

September 28th, 11:39 am

No, the current region 1 copies of Uncharted 2 only include English, French and Spanish audio, text and subtitles.