Farpoint

Oct 08

Oct 08

Reason #4 to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta – Legionnaire Kratos

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! For those that may have missed yesterday’s post, the announcement and release of the Origins trailer with Deimos Skin has been overwhelming, and we can’t wait for our Spartan Army members to relive the God of War III experience with the exclusive voucher pack-in of God of War: Ghost of Sparta.

If the Deimos Skin announcement wasn’t exciting enough for you, here’s reason #4 to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta – Legionnaire Kratos. Here’s a little sneak peek at the Legionnaire Skin in action!

God of War: Ghost of Sparta for PSP -- Legionnaire Kratos

After all, if Kratos will reveal the origins of lost worlds and discover his dark past within Ghost of Sparta, what better way to complete the God of War experience than with the exclusive Legionnaire Skin included in the pre-order bundle?

Every End Must First Begin

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Monetep said:

October 8th, 5:53 pm

Oooooh can’t wait to destroy the square button, on my psp again!!!
I love the stress reliever gameplay of GoW!
I’ll buy this digitally, so i can get the pre order bonuses too.

Trixzter7 said:

October 8th, 5:54 pm

kratos.
that is all.

Netweb said:

October 8th, 5:59 pm

Ken in Portugal what we spartans… will gonna have about Ghost Of Sparta? I don’t see any stores with pre order…

Tyrsis said:

October 8th, 6:01 pm

Really? Skins?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 8th, 6:03 pm

hahahaha.. if the Skins isn’t enough, remember the pre-order includes the original soundtrack, PSN avatar, PSP theme, PS3 dynamic theme, and God of War Live video.

Ibn_Elmeedan said:

October 8th, 6:02 pm

Well, my Dualshock 3 Controller isnt as responsive because of playing GOW twice, plus gow 2 and three back to back. lol

NEJI64 said:

October 8th, 6:03 pm

Can you hook your PSP up to you PS3 and play the PSP through your PS3. I would like to play this on my TV with the dualshock 3.

dlhdav7 said:

October 8th, 6:10 pm

it’s @#$% up when you can’t log on to playstation network on your playstation to leave a comment!! some one needs to look into this!!!come on guys!!! the net sucks!!!i have to log off then turn on my pc !!!when i should be able to do it from my ps3!!it’s your site that i’m trying to log on to !!!!!!ok is god of war ghost of spata on ps3 to?

DZORMAGEN said:

October 8th, 6:15 pm

I don’t need any reason to pre-order this (I already have in full), this game is going to be the best, with or without these incentives.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 8th, 6:26 pm

Well said! :)

BloodiedWraith said:

October 8th, 6:16 pm

@NEJI64 The only way to play it on your TV with a DualShock 3 is with a PSPgo.

InstantPuddin said:

October 8th, 6:21 pm

beating kratos to death eh sony?

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

October 8th, 6:23 pm

This game is so pretty…

Im very happy that i sold my PSP Go and got the GoW bundle pre ordered. “tears”

Skater_Ricky said:

October 8th, 6:51 pm

I’ll be buying this on day 1 on the PlayStation Store to get everything Digitally on my PSP-2000 with my 16GB Memory Stick Duo/ Mini Adapter :D Will have it all on my Memory Stick ready to be played at anytime on my PSP and Watching the Videos off my PS3 :D

ExcelKnight said:

October 8th, 6:54 pm

Can we please get confirmation on which Canadian retailers will carry the preorder pack? Gamestop.ca (not .com) doesn’t even have an image for the game, amazon.ca (not .com) only has the default press release info, bestbuy.ca (not .com) also barely has any info.

I’ve been denied quite a few preorder bonuses from many Canadian retailers/websites these days. When questioned, they didn’t even know there was preorder content.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 8th, 8:49 pm

We’ll do some digging and do an official PS blog post for our Canadian consumers soon

neostardust said:

October 8th, 6:56 pm

Awesome… looks pretty sweet

justaccording said:

October 8th, 7:02 pm

Will these pre-order skins or the Game Directors Documentary be available on PSN for those who currently own God of War III? I currently own the Ultimate Edition and have no current plans on owning a PSP. These additions would be nice additions to us PS3 owners

remanutd5 said:

October 8th, 7:17 pm

its without a doubt my most anticipated PSP title EVER , hey Ken when are we gonna get God of War comic episode # 4 ? they already have it on magazines why is not on PSN yet? oh btw , i hope Ready at Dawn is secretly working on a PSP 2 launch title

OnesOwnGrief said:

October 8th, 8:25 pm

Alright, I got it. You have my money the day the Digital Copy drops so I can just have all the DLC download at once. Do you want anything more from me? My first born maybe? My family? Name it.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 8th, 8:52 pm

Now that you mention it…. :)

xxnike629xx said:

October 8th, 8:30 pm

I’m not going to pre-order the game just for skins. I will eventually of course get the game, but these “exclusive” things are timed.

It gets released to the public later on for a small price.

CONTRABAND said:

October 8th, 9:03 pm

ill get it if you let me play it on my PS3 where a game like this should be…

jazzyrider said:

October 8th, 9:48 pm

Are all these skins new additions to the preorder GoW:GoS? Deimos skin was the only thing I didn’t see as part of the “6 reasons” awhile back. Not that I don’t mind, but if you guys keep on making it more enticing, I might have to preorder a 2nd copy?!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 8th, 10:25 pm

hahahaha… let’s spend a sec to clarify. There’s a total of 6 items for the pre-order, including the Original Soundtrack, PSN avatar, PSP Theme, PS3 Dynamic Theme, God of War Live Video, and the Legionnaire Skin (for Ghost of Sparta). The Deimos skin is outside of the pre-order and packed-in with Specially Marked Boxes of Ghost of Sparta and the Limited Edition Entertainment Pack. Feel free to pre-order the 2nd copy!

Solid-Snake-Eyes said:

October 8th, 10:43 pm

Come on please do that digging for the Canadian fans, Ken Chan. We’ve been asking for weeks with no answer. I want the 6 item pre-order bundle and the Deimos skin, where do I have to buy it?

maddymad said:

October 9th, 1:35 am

Great news!!
What about Europe? Please anwswer me for once…. ^^
Are we getting all of these benuses?

Dubl-M said:

October 9th, 4:00 am

Ken, the Canadian Spartans wish to thank you for your digging. You’ve been digging for a couple weeks now. We’re worried. We’d lend you Hermes boots but they’ve got god guts all over them. So please hurry the info at a human pace!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 9th, 12:49 pm

lol. Point taken. Will aim to have an update very quick

Anddo said:

October 9th, 4:46 am

One of the best pre-order campaigns ever! Getting this day one on PSN.

bmart008 said:

October 9th, 5:03 am

I’ll be buying this off the network for sure, I love this series, can’t wait to see what’s instore for us this time around, I’ve yet to be dissapointed with this series, and it’s always thrilling.

BalramRules said:

October 9th, 5:29 am

i nvr saw kartos where a helmet before, but thank zeus, coz his bold hed is just distracting!

DEATH_KROW said:

October 9th, 8:35 am

As it was said before, “Every end must first Begin”. But I wonder, will Krato’s little brother be in this game? I know it sounds like a spoiler but in GoW III towards the ending of the game after Gaia comes back, Zues mentions that her pawn has failed and she should have chosen the other one. I was curious to know what it was so I watched some videos from GoW and there was a video that showed that krato’s ltttle brother was killed and he became like a demon of some sort and swore revenge on Kratos. Was it him? Or was it someone else that was never mentioned in the game?

GlowOfDarkness said:

October 9th, 9:47 am

great! i wil pre-order it right now!

MadMeat001 said:

October 9th, 10:18 am

can’t we get them on dlc please??

mafia28 said:

October 9th, 11:04 am

can i use this skin in GOW3 as well or only in ghost of sparta, i would really like to use this skin in gow3!

MadmanV10 said:

October 9th, 12:10 pm

Its amazing that the pre-order bonuses for a PSP game, are somehow better and more fulfilling than anything Playstation Plus has offered yet to date. Amazing and sad.

But why are these PSP games not being remastered as PSN releases? Both PSP games are awesome in their own right, but a PSN release would ensure people who played GoW3 will set this in their sights. The PSP just doesn’t cast the same net the Ps3 does.

GhostAce22 said:

October 9th, 1:22 pm

do we people who have psp go’s get any love for this

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 9th, 1:33 pm

Yup. Simply purchase Ghost of Sparta from the PS Store from 11/2 to 11/9

dbzgengsta said:

October 9th, 1:29 pm

What about europe (or U.K at least) for this bundle? Leavin us out from this awesome bundle. I wont complain you did give us the GOW3 ultimate ED but you might aswell give us this one too.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 9th, 1:34 pm

hahahaha… keep your eyes glued to the UK version of the PS Blog

digitalman123 said:

October 9th, 3:51 pm

iTofuMan said:

October 9th, 4:00 pm

something that has always been on mind that i hope someone can answer.

Aside from these pre-order/early buyers DLC will we be seeing more dlc in the future? i mean those two skins we get for this new GoW game seems cool, but will there be more?

ExcelKnight said:

October 9th, 4:02 pm

Thanks for putting in the time, since I’m definitely pre-ordering this the instant I know where to get the pack!

hepcatmatty said:

October 9th, 4:34 pm

wait a minute. We’re dealing with Greek mythology right? Why the hell is he legionnaire? That would make him Roman. So who fell asleep in history class? :P

giga-lo-maniacs said:

October 9th, 6:31 pm

does those DLC download have a IP limits
cuz,im not in US soil.

fuzzyclutter said:

October 9th, 7:15 pm

@ # 7 dlhdav7 In order to log in to the blog from your ps3 do the following .

1 . click login

you will see the login screen but the form disappears . now get to your browser menu by pressing triangle then TOOLS> JAVASCRIPT > OFF then go back to the main browser menu and REFRESH

the login form should appear .

2. enter ALL your login info DO NOT PRESS SIGN IN YET !!! do the next step first .

3 TOOLS >JAVASCRIPT > ON then press sign in . it works , as i am typing this from my ps3 .

ExcelKnight said:

October 9th, 7:20 pm

@hepcatmatty: One would think that Hercules being in the franchise instead of Heracles would be a hint that GoW isn’t 100% based in Greek mythology.

Dubl-M said:

October 9th, 8:41 pm

@ExcelKnight: you seem the sort of fellow Canadian Spartan one might choose to stand next to in a phalanx. We seem to have gotten thru to Ken. Feel free to add this Spartan to your psn friend list. Never let your back touch the ground!

angelspawn77 said:

October 9th, 9:48 pm

Skin looks pretty sweet, also is that the desert of lost souls I saw!? Will we be revisiting old places from GOW1?

Razgoull said:

October 10th, 7:43 am

It,s WAY!!! Better than Castlevania new game !

dlhdav7 said:

October 10th, 10:42 am

@ 39 thanks

TNTbkNY said:

October 10th, 1:03 pm

im going to to gamestop right now to preorder this…

ShadowOfEden said:

October 10th, 3:32 pm

This makes me want a PSP badly, but I just bought a bigger HDTV (32 720p to 50 1080p) and changed my 20gb PS3 for a 250gb, so if I spend anymore, my girlfriend will be pretty mad. When’s the next price drop on the PSP, Sony? :)

ZariV said:

October 10th, 6:44 pm

You know I still haven’t received an e-mail about one of the GoW 3 skins that came with the preorder a while back.

wingeDPwn said:

October 11th, 6:32 pm

@ExcelKnight:
” Hi Ken, thanks for the reply! I was hoping to just get a regular blog comment reply, but to have an entire blog post to clear up the Canadian content far exceeds my expectations.”

Could you link me to the blog post that clears up the Canadian cotent? I too am wondering if we can get the pre-order bonuses in Canada.

terrydeng said:

October 11th, 9:47 pm

oh my ladygaga,that’s amazing!~~!~!~!!~!~!~!~!~!~!i love sparta!~~!!~~!~!~!go go!~!

Prothean said:

October 12th, 6:06 am

I understand that PSPgo owners will get the pre-order exclusives if they purchase between 11/2 and 11/9 on PSN, but what about regular PSP owners who don’t want the game on UMD but wish to purchase on PSN between 11/2 and 11/9… will we get the pre-order exclusives as well? I really don’t want the game on UMD, but really want the pre-order exclusives.

Anyone know for sure on this?

PAGE 1 2