Knack 2

Oct 13

Oct 13

Gran Turismo 5 Release Update

Taku Imasaki's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

We can confirm that Gran Turismo 5 will not be available this November 2nd, but the game’s release will be coming this holiday season.

We sincerely apologize to GT fans for the delay, however, creator Kazunori Yamauchi and the team at Polyphony Digital want to make certain they are creating the perfect racing experience, and we are confident that this ambitious game will exceed expectations when it launches.

We’ll have more information for you in the near future.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 19

flange67 said:

October 13th, 8:21 am

Another couple of weeks?

It was supposed to be a LAUNCH TITLE!!!!

/sigh

twooh said:

October 13th, 8:21 am

After a little thought.

I bet this is due to the jailbreak and they’re trying to put the latest update and other protection in it. I bet you that’s what it is.

the_slvr_bullt said:

October 13th, 8:21 am

I was going to rant hard here, but it wouldn’t do anything besides possibly get me banned… Just release the game before the end of this year, please…

philJ90 said:

October 13th, 8:22 am

seriously guys, how many times did they delay gt5? This is too long to wait.

Powie said:

October 13th, 8:22 am

It’s so they can remove 400 cars, and offer them all as $.99 cent DLC. Although after seeing the $5 DLC for 3 Sports Champions skins, Sony will want $1.49 per car.

icuyesido said:

October 13th, 8:22 am

Seriously Polyphony Digital release it and patch it, a game that is this anticipated and been delayed for so many years should NOT be held back again 3 weeks before it comes out, you make think your making the game better but what you’re actually doing is loosing customers. This game has so much anticipation now if it’s anything but faultless, you will be scrutinised.

Berae said:

October 13th, 8:23 am

what a bunch of crying babys…sure it sucks get over it, it will come few weeks after..

system_fa1-ure said:

October 13th, 8:24 am

Just release the game now, and make any further tweaks DLC. It’s not really hard to think about solutions, is it? I did it about 5 minutes after i read this article, and I’m only 13.

Aerol901 said:

October 13th, 8:24 am

AAHHHHAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHHAHAHAH! That’s absolutely hilarious!

fedex682 said:

October 13th, 8:24 am

That does it…I am cancelling my pre-order! All you GT5 people suck. Not going to get a cent from me anymore! screw u all!

jimmyfoxhound said:

October 13th, 8:25 am

LOL!!!I KNEW IT!!!!!!!!!!!!! XD

Plantgeta said:

October 13th, 8:26 am

WHAT THE PHOLK!?!?!?!?!?!
i love GT more than ANY videogame out there, but this is frikking enough! PD are great, i must give them that, but they are also really about to lose a fan because they cannot deliver on their promises and “guarantees”……it was to be out last “holiday season” too…..anyone remembers? And “November” before that…..to hell with all this waiting, and release the damn game. PATCH whatever AFTER we get to drive the forking thing!!! I’ve bought TWO ps3s because my original 60 went down….. just cuz GT was the reason i bought a ps3 in 07 and i need to have one running DAY ONE, BUT…..by the F’in time they release this in 2017 r watever, my second ps3 woulda been rusted out and dusty just like numero uno. I’m pissed and i personally think all the diehard fans DESERVE some treat/bonus/token of appreciation with this game. May sound rediculous to some…..but after shelling $900 in hardware(not even begining to mention games) and 1000s of days waiting, it doesnt seem that outrageous at all.
And there you have it for my friendly neighborhood rant.

sergiord said:

October 13th, 8:26 am

Why an I not surprised?

NO_FEAR said:

October 13th, 8:27 am

Oh bother.

Better than getting a buggy game…I hope.

NickiChaos said:

October 13th, 8:27 am

lol… oh man.. my dad and i are buying this. i’m kind of glad it got delayed… gives us more time to save up the money for it.

ratwouldbeking said:

October 13th, 8:27 am

Preorder cancelled… oh well. On to the next game by a studio that can be bothered to release their product in a timely fashion.

Maybe Duke Nukem Forever?

myles052390 said:

October 13th, 8:27 am

ok. its been 5 yrs since the damn 4th gt. give it to us already.

PAWEL17 said:

October 13th, 8:28 am

i like it how the producer doesnt want to release a near-finished game, but wants to release a PERFECT racing expierence, and for that i am not mad. and im glad they are taking their time to perfect it, just like most japanese game developers, they dont release half assed game every 12 months.

rAdIOhEad73 said:

October 13th, 8:28 am

LOLOLOLOL
This is so sad that is funny, the game that never came out….

Sele1981 said:

October 13th, 8:28 am

What an shame!!!! You go the same way as Microsoft and only think about the (christmas) money… The sad point is that you guys don´t even give the reason for the delay… SoB

lagoonalight said:

October 13th, 8:29 am

Is it just me or are fanboy gamers seriously the most annoying little dorks on the planet. Oh MY GOD a couple more weeks, another month, OH MY GOD. WAH WAH WAH. I’m three years old. WAH WAH. Wipe my butt! WAH.

Get a life you freakin’losers.

krae_man said:

October 13th, 8:29 am

After Black Ops?

You’re asking for trouble. Why is it that the games industry as a whole has a complete inability to make games on time and on budget?

Sanshii said:

October 13th, 8:29 am

I want to kill myself, and the Poliphony team…

There isn’t posible that you play with us, We want to play to GT5, although we only will play with karts… :(

I want to die,I want to die,I want to die,I want to die,I want to die,I want to die,I want to die,I want to die,I want to die,

Oldschool27 said:

October 13th, 8:29 am

They could at least give us the GT5 2010 Demo that is found in all the stores now to us true fans that have been waiting. That would be the only honest thing to do. Unless there just looking for the rest of the collectors edition pre-orders to all be sold since bestbuy & amazon are still selling them (greed). Anyway’s they wait for 2 weeks before release to delay it hmmm kinda strange.

sheengrtr said:

October 13th, 8:29 am

the holiday season doesn’t start until Sony says so!

Trixzter7 said:

October 13th, 8:30 am

I’m officially not getting the game.
I had it preordered but will not change it to something that I know will actually be coming out.
Thanks a lot Sony.

hellchild36 said:

October 13th, 8:30 am

screw this i hate gt now and the wait is over for me i had it pre ordered but if they want to keep pushin back im going to spend the money else where ur lose gt and some other companies gain

Amezke said:

October 13th, 8:30 am

It’s not polite what I gonna say, but it’s the only thing that comes to my mind right now… Sony, [DELETED] you.

Souliest said:

October 13th, 8:30 am

Soon they’ll be announcing that they decided to delay the game until the PS4 comes out in order to fully use the available technology.

rjejr said:

October 13th, 8:30 am

How can you delay a game 20 days before release, announce it will be out in the holiday season which starts, oh about now, but not give a new released date? Since all games come out on Tuesday and there are only 8 Tuesdays after Nov. 2 but before Christmas just pick one! How can you possibly know it will be out before the holidays but not be able to give the date?

Plantgeta said:

October 13th, 8:31 am

And btw…once it doesn’t delay into 2011….because i REFUSE to buy it any later than 12/31/2010(and that’s being generous at this point)…..i will be buying the Collector’s edition- Gots to have me my Apex Racing “BIBLE” :D…..12/31/2010.

ESGC82 said:

October 13th, 8:31 am

After the LONG wait, I hope they achieve what they’ve expected to. If GT does not beat every other racing titles (including Forza), it will be the biggest disappointment ever.

Superstrokey1123 said:

October 13th, 8:32 am

If there is even a single bug in this game its going to maddness

ChrisB-D said:

October 13th, 8:32 am

coming Holiday Season 2013

Just preordered this game recently, this is the last news I wanted to hear.

Oh well, I guess it frees up the cash to buy Medal of Honour.

Just hope when GT5 finally does come it out kicks ass.

BlueEagle4 said:

October 13th, 8:32 am

This is not professional, Sony. People have invested time and money for you, some people even took days off work ahead of time BECAUSE you said the game is coming november 2nd…

I hope to GOD, that you’re making a delay because Porsche decided last minute to add its car portfolio to the game, or that you decided to hire 100 new programmers to make all cars with cockpit view.

Seriously though, you should AT LEAST give free dlc packs RIGHT NOW to people who bought Prologue because we’re TIRED of waiting.

nozeca_ca said:

October 13th, 8:32 am

Patch it, don’t care about buggies. Or launch a Beta like Ubi did with Assassin’s creed.

#sonyfail #ubiwin

Jmizzo13 said:

October 13th, 8:33 am

Either this game isn’t up to par yet, or they are scared of not selling bc they KNOW call of duty is gonna sell a ton!

ZaZeeMan said:

October 13th, 8:33 am

Wow, I can’t believe there are commenters here defending the delay again? This is downright ridiculous and no excuses can be made for this.

niwrA said:

October 13th, 8:33 am

Here’s a small tip for people waiting for this game from a decade long fan, who’s suffered through so many countless delays that for him release dates for this franchise become totally meaningless: get excited when it’s on the store shelves, not a day before.

Here’s a big tip for PD: design your next game to be modular and easily updatable, and release it early on PSN as a subscription service. Then release standalone discs with the latest version of the game and content every other year or so to the public that prefers discs and/or doesn’t do online.

DA_SHREDDER said:

October 13th, 8:33 am

This freakin sucks. I know you guys want to make a better product, but you might as well wait until next year if you just need more time to polish. If your gonna do it do it right or not at all.

BurntOrange32 said:

October 13th, 8:34 am

Oh. Crap.

It better come out before December.

Jushee said:

October 13th, 8:34 am

Wow, this has to be a joke… I’m proud to say that I’m no longer a Gran Turismo fan.

War_Rider said:

October 13th, 8:34 am

Can you at least give us a demo now and not wait until it come out then give us the demo. Finally had a release date I thought was final…..guess not.

Voltairus said:

October 13th, 8:34 am

I just can’t believe it… just can’t.

You guys have just lose a customer right here… and probably a fan…

McLedice said:

October 13th, 8:34 am

That sucks !!!

Art_of_Ronin said:

October 13th, 8:35 am

We might as well expect this game release until 2011 Holiday Season..LOL..Man, this is just wrong. Waited nearly 3 – 5 years and finally announced a release date (Nov. 2nd, 2010) and now another 2 months of delay by this holiday season, what’s up with Kazunori Yamauchi? He should perform a gamer seppuku to make up for this. Son of a gun! So disappointed! **ANGRY FACE**

system_fa1-ure said:

October 13th, 8:36 am

OK. Take your time to perfect the game. But next time, don’t wait until 3 weeks before the confirmed release date, just do the whole thing in one go and keep it under the radar until it is finished.

Rinaldus91 said:

October 13th, 8:36 am

Wait, are you guys actually surprised? Don’t tell me you’re all too young to remember past Gran Turismos. Yamauchi did the same exact thing with GT4, he delays and delayes it, but in the end we come out with a God-Tier racing titles.

I’m not saying we shouldn’t be irritated with the delay, but I am saying we shouldn’t be surprised.

Rinaldus91 said:

October 13th, 8:37 am

delays*

ESGC82 said:

October 13th, 8:38 am

Forza (X360), NFS Shift, Dirt 2, GRID, Formula One and many others were released in a very shorter time, and they were a success. Yes, I know some of them have some (or many) bugs, but they were fun (each one with its very own public). GT series is turning into a big shame.

PAGE 1 2 3 4 5 6 19