Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Oct 22

Oct 22

Reason #5 to Pre-Order God of War: Ghost of Sparta – Palace of Hades Dynamic Theme

Ken Chan's Avatar Posted by Product Manager, SCEA

Spartan Army! We are officially less than two weeks away from the release of God of War: Ghost of Sparta and also exclusive access to the largest pre-order bundle ever compiled for a PSP title. If you still haven’t stopped by at any of our participating retailers and pre-ordered, our Reason #5 to pre-order God of War: Ghost of Sparta – Palace of Hades Dynamic Theme might just be your tipping point.

God of War Hades PS3 Dynamic Theme

Using the Palace of Hades from God of War III as the main inspiration, this exclusive PS3 Dynamic Theme captures the grand vista moment of Kratos as he is betrayed by Gaia at the top of Mount Olympus and ripped of his godly powers. It is at this moment where he obtains the Blades of Exile from Athena and seeks out to destroy all of Olympus and the mighty Zeus himself.

With full active movements of multi-layered clouds and lightning, flowing lava, and fogs, the Palace of Hades Dynamic Theme is exclusive to the pre-order of God of War: Ghost of Sparta, and not available as a standalone purchase through the PlayStation Store.

To our Canadian consumers, be sure to stop by EB Games to pre-order either the God of War: Ghost of Sparta UMD Game or Entertainment Pack as they are also supporting the ultimate pre-order bundle.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Mercenary09 said:

October 22nd, 11:33 am

Very Nice! counting the days!

CF3esBestia said:

October 22nd, 11:34 am

Thats pretty sick right there! Guessing I have reason to keep one of my psp’s lol

dragonleader33 said:

October 22nd, 11:36 am

I have said it before and I will say it again, please add some of this content, or even a a variation of this content for Playstation Plus subscribers!

Fantus said:

“…lightning”

“…flowing lava”

“…and fogs”

sold.

DMPrince said:

October 22nd, 11:55 am

Very awesome. LOVE the GOW Series. Keep making more games!

T3DV0L70L1N4 said:

October 22nd, 12:00 pm

I could have sworn that when this pre-order bonus was announced, the dynamic theme was an animation of Kratos swinging his blades around. What happened to that idea? I think that would have been cooler than this, even though this is very cool.

Could you post a video of this theme in action? That would really help sell it. Not that I doubt its coolness. I just always seem to revert back to the original PS3 “wave” theme because so far no other theme has lived up to it yet.

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

October 22nd, 12:06 pm

Amazon orders still work the same way?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 12:09 pm

Yup!

depward said:

October 22nd, 12:07 pm

RE-LIVE The Palace of Hades with this God of War 3 dynamic theme. Prepare to feel the PAIN OF HADES with real-time fog effects, lava that looks so hot your TV might burn and lightning that crackles so HARD even Kratos would say, “By the Gods…”

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 12:09 pm

hahahaha… nice! I should use this description instead

MiszKratos said:

October 22nd, 12:21 pm

AHHH !!! I can’t wait to get that email from Amazon letting me know my new God of War: Ghost of Sparta Entertainment pack has been shipped. Hurry !!

krae_man said:

October 22nd, 12:23 pm

Why do you keep telling Canadians to preorder though Ebgames.com?

For starters they have a minimum $15 shipping fee to Canada. Second some of the bonus preorder content are download codes. Are they going to work on Canadian PSN accounts?

If not do you know how much of a pain it is to change back and forth between PSN accounts on your PSP when you have content you want to play on different PSN accounts? I do and it SUCKS.

So, what’s the deal? Why don’t you just say “This offer is US only” if that is indeed what it is.

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 12:54 pm

To confirm your two questions – Canadian consumers are able to walk into their local EB Games Store to pre-order. They don’t have to do it online.

For our Canadian PS Store purchasers, they to will be able to obtain the pre-order bundle + Deimos skin from 11/2 to 11/9. Hope that helps

Enigma777 said:

October 22nd, 12:36 pm

I love your Go support. Now if you could only do something about Birth By Sleep…

kb4983 said:

October 22nd, 12:40 pm

I’m sad something this cool isn’t available to those of us who forked over the cash for the Ultimate Edition of God of War III :(

TomHoang said:

October 22nd, 12:41 pm

I was thinking of cancelling my preorder, but this theme is making me keep it. Also, did anyone else notice that Hades looks different in every game?

BlackIceJoe said:

October 22nd, 12:42 pm

I would really like this for the PSP. I don’t get why this & Kratos brother to use are only for the PS3. Ghost of Sparta is a PSP game. So you would have thought you would be able to use the theme & brother on the PSP. But I could just be over thinking this & you get to use this on the PSP game too. Just if you preorder you can use the stuff on the PS3 also instead of just on the PSP. So can you use this theme on the PSP or not?

KidCommando said:

October 22nd, 12:42 pm

awwww…. could have at least shown a video. :(

StarDestroyer69 said:

October 22nd, 12:59 pm

I have been looking around at some online retailers here in the UK and can’t find any info on the pre-order content on their sites. I would have guessed at least one of them would be advertising it if was available here. Is it??

Destiny89 said:

October 22nd, 1:08 pm

Quick question, if i buy the PSN version well i get all the pre-order stuff?? everything??

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 1:21 pm

Yup, but only for a limited time at launch

krae_man said:

October 22nd, 1:08 pm

Okay then Ken, In that case shouldn’t you be linking to Gamestop.ca not EBgames.com? Also If you go to Gamestop.ca you’ll see that the website doesn’t mention the preorder bonuses anywhere. It also lists the ship date of the PSP Bundle as Feb 2011. Shouldn’t you be contacting Gamestop Canada and/or Sony Canada to get that corrected?

While on the subject of the PSP, what happened to the PSP Go $50 price cut? The leaked memos said it went into effect Oct 15th and the Gamestop I went into the Saturday after had signs in the store promoting it “New low price $199”. Did you guys just forget to send out the press release?:p

neostardust said:

October 22nd, 1:42 pm

Awesome, cant wait to get this!

TheLastNinja- said:

October 22nd, 1:47 pm

I can only buy from Sony Style, I look at the listing for the Ghost of Sparta PSP entertainment pack but it has no mention of pre-order bonuses, and when I called my local Sony Style, they never heard of it, will this be like Bad Company 2 where the first shipment were all “Limited Edition” and include the bonuses?

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 1:54 pm

Only Best Buy, GameStop and Amazon is part of the pre-order program

Devilhunter_PS said:

October 22nd, 1:52 pm

nothing on the EU blog yet :(

jazzyrider said:

October 22nd, 1:57 pm

Keep the God of War news coming! Can’t wait…just finishing up GoW:COO again just to get ready for this!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 2:03 pm

That’s great! Keep your eyes glued to the PS blog on Monday. We have a surprise for you :)

KILLZONE79 said:

October 22nd, 2:20 pm

i wish i can get into GOW but for some odd reason im not a fan of GOW yet idk why

Link01 said:

October 22nd, 2:28 pm

I just wish you guys would sell this theme or give it to PSPlus owners, I’m dying for it and the avatar… but I’m not inclined to re buy a psp. I’m waiting on the psp2 announcement * sigh *.

xaos said:

October 22nd, 2:31 pm

This is the kind of promo I like seeing a triple-A PSP release get; very psyched for this game (and all the extra schwag)!

guitain said:

October 22nd, 2:34 pm

I bet you could make gazillions off this by putting it on the PS Store… I’d kill sheep for this! Heck, I’d kill goats for this! … I won’t though! … Not unless you tell me to…

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 2:40 pm

hahahaha… we would love to as well, but we have to reward the God of War fans first

letherclad said:

October 22nd, 2:38 pm

This looks really sweet, can’t wait!

GOW should get PSN support on top of all of this!

Kchow23 said:

October 22nd, 2:44 pm

Canadian PSP Go users can also get these pre-order bonuses right? Can’t wait!

Ken Chan's Avatar

Ken Chan said:

October 22nd, 2:46 pm

Confirmed

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

October 22nd, 2:52 pm

Hey Ken!!!!

have a KZ3 beta code lying around? give it to me!!!

SpyDudeFX said:

October 22nd, 3:01 pm

That theme does look great.

crowsticky1234 said:

October 22nd, 3:04 pm

Do I have to pre-order the game on the PS3 to get this theme or do the PSP and PS3 have the same bonuses?

kratos1984 said:

October 22nd, 3:06 pm

can’t wait for ghost of sparta! i got my psp go this past sunday (thank you price drop!). only wish that we psp go owners could get chains of olympus free with ghost of sparta or at least at a discounted price for us playstation plus subscribers. possible?

digitalman123 said:

October 22nd, 3:08 pm

Frog of War. That isn’t important, but it’s funny, right? Can’t wait! Been so long since I got a new theme!

DNAgent said:

October 22nd, 3:11 pm

What about the people who don’t have a PSP and don’t want to pay over $2.99 for a dynamic theme? Will this dynamic theme be on the PSN Store later on? It seems pretty stupid to have PS3 pre-order bonuses for a PSP game.

Devilhunter_PS said:

October 22nd, 3:30 pm

i dont remember frogs in the underworld.maybe this is after kratos destroyed the universe lol.come on,i want this so much.i hope europeans wont be left out.

lanceurdehache said:

October 22nd, 3:40 pm

really cool thanks for the update, i already pre order the game there, now i cant wait

Knight0011 said:

October 22nd, 3:42 pm

Just shows how connected and well informed these SCEA people are to Canada.
This say you can order through EBgames.ca Canada yet lists Ebgames.com
I mean, really?

Dubl-M said:

October 22nd, 4:23 pm

Ken! The Canadian Spartans thank you for the good news. Always weird it takes so long to confirm this type of stuff, but better long than never! Can’t wait for Deimos Day!

jeepdeep said:

October 22nd, 4:50 pm

Ken, I was wondering if you could perhaps upload a video of the Dynamic Theme in action?

tirminyl said:

October 22nd, 5:10 pm

FINE! I will pre order.

Elvick_ said:

October 22nd, 5:56 pm

I preordered from amazon.ca

I don’t support EB Games. Sorry.

ExcelKnight said:

October 22nd, 6:30 pm

Thanks for the Canadian preorder info, Ken! I’m now set and waiting.

onslaughtree said:

October 22nd, 6:42 pm

Im not into pre-ordering games, its totally against everything I stand for, but it Looks like I will have to give In and pre-order this game now…I must have that DYNAMIC THEME…..

FreshRevenge said:

October 22nd, 7:30 pm

I preordered the God of War Ghost of Sparta bundle back when it became a preorder!

God of War is just one of those series that I don’t need to question on how good it’s going to be, because is always going to be BADASS!

GoosePants said:

October 22nd, 7:32 pm

SWEEET! This is awesome. God of War is a great Sony exclusive (probably my favourite series on sony) and these pre orders just keep getting better! 2 questions for you Ken chan:

1. If I preoredred through gamestop will I get this theme?
2. Are there any announcements on God of War 3 DLC? Although you might not be able to answer that..

angelspawn77 said:

October 22nd, 7:54 pm

AWESOME!!! I’ve been waiting for you guys to show the dynamic theme! It is definitely worth it, I like it much better than the 7-11 one which I felt was lacking since only the fire in Kratos’ eyes moved and Kratos moved slightly as if he was breathing, but you could only see if you payed VERY close attention. I cant wait for this game!

angelspawn77 said:

October 22nd, 8:29 pm

oh and btw, I love how you guys added the tattoo slashes over the eyes of the smiley faces on the “Friends” icon, just like Kratos, haha.

PAGE 1 2