Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward

Nov 02

Nov 02

EyePet for PSP in Stores Today, Looking for a Good Home

Emerson Escobar's Avatar Posted by Producer, SCEA

EyePet PSP

EyePet first made its way into living rooms and melted hearts across North America in September, when it was introduced for the PS3 alongside the PlayStation Move. In stores for the PSP starting today, EyePet is now able to explore the outside world! Using a PSP camera and Magic Card, both included with the game, your furry little buddy is now totally portable and capable of being your loyal companion no matter where you go.

With EyePet for the PSP, you can play with your pet in any environment: your lap, a desk, a swing, a bus, on your dog’s back—the possibilities are endless. Just throw the included Magic Card onto whatever surface you choose, focus your new PSP camera on it, and EyePet will appear, ready to play!

EyePet PSP EyePet PSP

Here’re some things you should know in order to get acquainted with this cute little critter:

• EyePet reacts to your every move. Go ahead and stroke it or poke it with your finger, blow into the microphone to see its hair flow, make loud sounds to scare it, and much, much more.
  • EyePet loves fun. This little creature likes to play games—launch it at some pins by using the X button or blowing into the mic in a game of bowling, or give it a spin on your own custom-drawn car.
  • EyePet is an artist. It also happens to know magic. Show EyePet a drawing of yours, and it’ll recreate the picture in-game and miraculously transform it into a 3D toy.
  • EyePet likes to play dress-up. Customize its fur length and pattern, and earn tons of new outfits by winning challenges to personalize EyePet’s look.

Keep in mind that the camera included with each copy of the software takes pictures and videos you can save to your memory stick, upload to your computer, and share with friends.

So, looking to make a new friend? EyePet is now available for the PSP for $39.99 (including the required camera and Magic Card). Adopt one today!

EyePet PSP

Add Your Own

Jetup said:

November 2nd, 12:03 pm

Is it for…wait no…

KazeEternal said:

November 2nd, 12:05 pm

My Gamestop Code for GoWGoS DLC and the Diemos DLC code included wtih the game is not working…. is this due to the store update? or is there something wrong with my codes?

TwinDad said:

November 2nd, 12:07 pm

I think you have to wait until store updates to redeem the code.

Way to ignore your newest PSP model.

phat-smurf said:

November 2nd, 12:09 pm

Sony,
NO ONE CARES ABOUT THIS CRAP, GT5 PLEASEEEEEEEEEEEE

ps. can you spare a KZ3 beta code too

KazeEternal said:

November 2nd, 12:12 pm

@TwinDad
I assume that wait comment was directed at me…. i hope so. Thanks for the input though. Hopefully someone at the blog will clear this up for me.

royalflush5 said:

November 2nd, 12:14 pm

will the psp go ever get support for ANYTHING???
or is it just a $250 brick i have sitting around? -_-

ATOMS11 said:

November 2nd, 12:22 pm

Is this the same Camera that has been floating around everywhere else but the U.S.? It sure looks different… Are the specs the same? $39 is sorta cheap for a game, a camera, and magic card.

Broconaw said:

November 2nd, 12:23 pm

Is it possible to buy the game without the camera? You don’t make any mention of it in the post, and I already happen to own the camera.

zzamaro said:

November 2nd, 12:25 pm

not every interested on EyePet but any chance of selling the PSP camera without game?

ATOMS11 said:

November 2nd, 12:27 pm

Wait… Does that camera flip around from back facing to front facing?

SOOPERGOOMAN187 said:

November 2nd, 12:27 pm

hey phat -smurf, NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU HAVE TO SAY.

WHen is the “psp go” cam coming out or am I going to have to modify my go with a psp “Go” cam from japan?

Axonn said:

November 2nd, 12:31 pm

“Premium” gamers – PSP Go owners were screwed again…Do SCEA really like to shoot himself in the knee?

MetalGearCrysis said:

November 2nd, 12:35 pm

Couldn’t agree more with the above posters about the PSP Go.

What a waste of $. Hey but at least it’s only $200 now right lmao.

Would be nice to get some info on the PSP2.

hardvibes said:

November 2nd, 12:37 pm

We don’t care about this stuff. All we want is Gt5 release date….NOW. And the game, before christmas!!!
It was supposed to come out today!!!!!

ItsNymo said:

November 2nd, 12:37 pm

Is there a way we can buy Invizimals and EyePet for the PSP without getting 2 cameras? I intend to buy both, but I don’t want to have more cameras than I already need…

poodude said:

November 2nd, 12:38 pm

Am I the only one who thinks Eyepet is cute?

polo155 said:

November 2nd, 12:40 pm

I have a PSP Go so this is no use to me as my latest rendition of the PSP Brand Hasnt a Camera thats useable, Sony seems to make something and then forget about it so i think to be an early adopter of Sont items is a risk, especially if you living off of disability and it takes half your check immediately!

MetalGearCrysis said:

November 2nd, 12:40 pm

@2 KazeEternal

You probably have to wait until the store updates. The content may not be available yet.

jeffsmither said:

November 2nd, 12:47 pm

Is there one with out a camera (for people that bought Invizimals)?

krae_man said:

November 2nd, 12:51 pm

Still can’t believe you scrapped the camera with decent specs that could actually have other uses for one with only the minimum specs necessary for the games to work.

0.3mp is worthless.

pitythefool852 said:

November 2nd, 12:51 pm

Is it going to be compatible with the PS-Phone, or aren’t we commenting on rumours or speculation? ;)

You know what would be really cool though? If you could put the magic card on the floor in your home, and see the EyePet on the PS3 through the TV and through the PSP on the card at the same time!!! Ultimate augmented reality!

Best EyePet idea ever, even if I do say so myself

SephTiger said:

November 2nd, 1:11 pm

Okay, but, I want the camera on its own.

JKar275 said:

November 2nd, 1:27 pm

I’m going to wait for the PSP2 to release during Holiday 2011.

KILLZONE79 said:

November 2nd, 1:36 pm

@ 22

i agree, i want to buy the camera seperately

KILLZONE79 said:

November 2nd, 1:37 pm

hopefull the PSP version is better as the move version well lets say it didnt work out that great u muist have very good lighting for eyepet to follow your move controller otherwise eyepet doesnt do a thing!

MGO_Count said:

November 2nd, 1:53 pm

Does this camera work with the go?

TwinDad said:

November 2nd, 1:59 pm

@Kaze

Yes it was directed at you. The last game they released that had codes associated with it the purchasers has to wait until after the update for the downloadable content to be available. The pre-order stuff is done prior to release day, the UMD and other bonuses seem to be tied to a store update. Which makes since if you will provide a bonus with digital purchase.

TheUndertaker85 said:

November 2nd, 2:59 pm

@Killzone79: Are you serious? Have you actually used the Move at all? I’ve even sat in a pitch black apartment in the middle of the night. Nothing on the screen but my EyePet and the light from the Move controller, and can STILL play EyePet without any major problems.

D-Squad3 said:

November 2nd, 3:14 pm

Is the camera available by itself?

polo155 said:

November 2nd, 3:28 pm

I agree with TheUndertaker85 #28, the move nd eyepet works well!

polo155 said:

November 2nd, 3:33 pm

people are asking about the camera alone (being cruel) the gae and cam are a inexspensive bundle, support the devs and get the bundel, if the cam was $60 alone you’d buy it so for this price you can’t goo wrong. no pun intended but devs in return let sony know youur custermers with a psp go want to play too!

shadow3013 said:

November 2nd, 3:38 pm

i would just buy it for the camera, if the you cant buy the camera it by its self.

tirminyl said:

November 2nd, 3:38 pm

Sweet, I get to play this on my PSPGO, oh wait a minute, I am apart of the split PSP market Sony created.

SillyHatMafia said:

November 2nd, 4:21 pm

OK GUYS GT5 WENT GOLD TODAY, THE GAME IS DONE, THEY ARE PRINTING THE DISK’S NOW! So finally we could go back to everyone complaining about Cross Game Chat!

megachevpro said:

November 2nd, 5:32 pm

How would you use it for the PSP go?

geehadmartyr said:

November 2nd, 5:42 pm

So, now I can stroke it on the bus?

O_o

iTofuMan said:

November 2nd, 5:56 pm

dam first you guys require the use of ps move with the ps3 version of eye pet, and now psp go users get shafted with the psp version of eye pet.

I would have gotten both ps3 and psp version as it does look interesting to me, but wasting money on ps move that im never going to use except for 1 game is just a waste of money.

ProjectInfiniti said:

November 2nd, 6:04 pm

Awww yeah i’m gonna get this for my PSPGo!! Oh wait… I don’t have a PSPNoGo anymore.

Dosx001 said:

November 2nd, 7:00 pm

WTF!!! i pay $200 4 my PSP n i didn’t got a camera

nWo-Iron_Eagle said:

November 2nd, 7:45 pm

ok education time eyepet was first realsed before the move it was a ps3 game for the eyetoy then it got patched and became what it is today a ps move game. now they took the original game and put it on psp thats why the camera. Also hello $40 for a psp camera awesome right there i am sold.

brianace said:

November 2nd, 7:49 pm

So if I want Invizimals and this game, I am the proud owner of two cameras? Dumb.

jeffsmither said:

November 2nd, 8:22 pm

@40 Yeh, I know thats a dumb idea. Give (or sell ;] )it to a friend.

brianace said:

November 2nd, 8:44 pm

Do these cameras do anything but play these games? Giving my extra camera to a friend would be pointless, because either he already has a game that included the camera, or he doesn’t have one of the camera games, and therefore, has no use for it. Sony, the PSP situation is bad, and you should be made to feel bad!!!

jeffsmither said:

November 2nd, 8:47 pm

They cameras can take photos (save images on Memory sticks) and also take videos.

Neo_Phoenix78 said:

November 2nd, 9:16 pm

What?! So, they’re just gonna leave out the fact that they decided not to make it for the PSPgo, also? I just commented on the last article about how much I appreciated Playstation paying attention to “go” owners with the extension with the Demos skin. I appreciated it bc it always seems like “go” owners are forgotten in the PSP family. I get tht maybe they feel bad that it wasn’t as well received as they’d hoped, and the design wasn’t exactly on point, and they probably wanna ignore for a bit. But there were still those of us who followed. Still those of us who bought the product and love it in spite of it’s flaws. What better way to show YOUR appreciation for those loyalists, those fans, than to make sure you include them, too. And you’d probably sell my PSPgos bc of it.

And to whoever asked how could it work on a “go”… It could be a really thin camera tht clicks to the top of the device and connects to the software using bluetooth. It could also flip front and back for different views and different games. It would, once again, show Sony’s drive and skill toward innovation. It would have been awesome! But Sony decided not to.

I love Playstation. I love Sony. I’m just disappointed. Again.

Hooligantuan said:

November 3rd, 12:07 am

Those are the creepiest Monchichis I’ve ever seen.

MayaYukihime said:

November 4th, 12:21 am

I swear a lot more people would buy if it’s just the camera… >.>

as much as I love my PSPgo… I hate it when new things come out and it’s not compatible with it…

@Neo_Phoenix78: Well said

yomommahasaids said:

November 10th, 9:02 am

hey playstation why don’t you come out with a 3d psp to compete with nintendos 3ds