God of War

Nov 03

Nov 03

PlayStation Move: 1 Million Units Shipped in North America, a Growing Library of Titles

Knguyen's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, PlayStation 3

PlayStation Move

You might have heard that PlayStation Move has already shipped one million units and given the list of exciting games below, it’s hard to imagine sales slowing down. Next Tuesday marks the launch of gritty brawler, The Fight: Lights Out, party favorite SingStar Dance, and the HD revival of one of PlayStation’s most iconic characters, Sly Cooper, in The Sly Collection. But that’s just the start of the holiday shopping season; we’ve got more great games on their way for every type of gamer – from the casual to the core and everyone in between. Additionally, we’ve got exclusive games coming out in early 2011 including Killzone 3, LittleBigPlanet 2, and SOCOM 4: U.S. Navy SEALs.

The Fight: Lights OutSingStar DANCEThe Sly Collection

Not only do we have a wide variety of first-party PlayStation Move titles for this holiday season, but we have some of the best third-party developers supporting the PlayStation 3 Move-ment with compatible games like Tiger Woods PGA Tour 2011, TRON Evolution: The Video Game, and R.U.S.E. We’ve had a great first month and a half, but this is just the beginning. For a complete list of confirmed Move-compatible games available now and coming soon, see below:

Available Now:

Coming in late 2010 and 2011:

Already, there’s a lot for you to try out and if you haven’t experienced PlayStation Move just yet, there’s still some time to visit your local PlayStation Move HQ and try it out for yourself. As always, we look forward to your thoughts, and enjoy!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3

Berae said:

November 3rd, 3:26 pm

so that confirms the fights for next week?

Knguyen's Avatar

Abby Reyes said:

November 3rd, 4:04 pm

Yes, The Fight: Lights out will launch on Nov. 9.

MadmanV10 said:

November 3rd, 3:26 pm

Good to see Move is doing well. Motion gaming is a gimmick and has no staying power, but its good to see Ps3 branching out.

DZORMAGEN said:

November 3rd, 3:29 pm

What?? I thought Sly Collection was coming next week? Don’t tell you Sony delayed another of their games!!

xuipid said:

November 3rd, 3:29 pm

shipped isn’t sold. quit acting special…

Tyrsis said:

November 3rd, 3:29 pm

SingStar Dance is being panned by reviewers. They couldn’t even get a good song list, they were too busy shoehorning in bad Move support.

…and the USA still doesn’t have wireless microphones. Sigh.

The1stMJC said:

November 3rd, 3:32 pm

I want to see sales, not shipped.

TUSTIN1 said:

November 3rd, 3:32 pm

Please tell me that’s not the name of the new Ape Escape. I hope it’s a full game and not just a collection of mini-game crap.

Ape Escape would be the ideal app for the move. Maybe then you could actually release a bundle with a move and a nav controller instead of the eye.

But please…I beg you for an actual game…

ATOMS11 said:

November 3rd, 3:33 pm

Super job Sony! I love the hardware! Now just waiting on the Software.

FredPunella said:

November 3rd, 3:33 pm

And it didn’t require Sony blowing 500 million dollars to accomplish it. Congrats!

This is how its done.

Move has been in development since the PS2 days. Sony took the time to get the tech right and released it now that it is perfected. Unlike Microsoft, Sony didn’t have to fear releasing Move to the gaming media to try and review. And the response has been the same everywhere. Incredibly accurate and what the Wiimote should have been.

Compared to Microsoft who ended up sitting around while Sony and Nintendo developed their own in house motion control technology and then in desperation bought old PS2 era Eye Toy style tech from a company that was passed on by both Nintendo and Sony.

And then Microsoft was forced to fake their two E3 demos of the motion control tech. And just like the FFXIV fiasco, were forced in desperation to forbid gaming sites to review their motion control tech in fear of everyone confirming it was laggy and inaccurate garbage.

No wonder Microsoft is desperately now trying to turn the 360 into a Wii style device. They are about to be dumped into last place worldwide:

PS3:
41.5 million sold
44 million shipped

360:
42 million sold
44.5 million shipped

famousmortimer said:

November 3rd, 3:33 pm

I absolutely love the move… i use it daily. But lets get serious for a second, 1 million units shipped in a month is not anything to brag about. In fact, that’s a bit sad.

I hope it picks up because the tech is awesome, and I especially love it in hardcore games – MAG especially.

solace357 said:

November 3rd, 3:34 pm

DZOR…
“Next Tuesday marks the launch of gritty brawler, The Fight: Lights Out, party favorite SingStar Dance, and the HD revival of one of PlayStation’s most iconic characters, Sly Cooper, in The Sly Collection”

awsome_robot said:

November 3rd, 3:34 pm

i’ve been holding out on move. even though its precision is remarkable, the quality of its games have been disappointing (low review scores). And most upcoming games that interest me only have move as an option (kz3, lbp2) so i’ll keep using my dualshock 3. Good technology, meh lineup.

clupula668 said:

November 3rd, 3:36 pm

Why isn’t “No More Heroes” listed?

Skv007 said:

November 3rd, 3:36 pm

SORCERY!?

Why isn’t that listed up there in the ’11.
I remember it being said to be a ’11 title during the conference.
I’m looking forward to Sorcery very much!

DZORMAGEN said:

November 3rd, 3:36 pm

solace357

So why do they have the game under Available in 2011?

lcmnick said:

November 3rd, 3:38 pm

And how much of those shipped numbers have actually sold?

Isn’t there still one Sony product trying to sell its first shipment…

solace357 said:

November 3rd, 3:41 pm

Good call, don’t worry though.
Click where it says that, you’ll see an article confirming it for the 9th by Sanzaru Games from like 5 days ago.

TwinDad said:

November 3rd, 3:45 pm

Might want to remove Sly cooper collection from until 2011. Since in the text you said it arrives next tuesday.

Move interested in move. I played it 5 times the newness wore off.

exterminator_123 said:

November 3rd, 3:52 pm

HELLO PLAYSTATION

CAN YOU PLEASE ANSWER MY COMMENT!!!

CAN YOU GUYS MAKE A LIMITED EDITION OF THE OLD PS3 .. I MEAN THE FAT PS3. I HANE MY 40GB PS3 AND I WANNA BUY ABOTHER ONE WITH MORE GB . BUT I DONT LIKE SLIM THAT MUCH

fedex682 said:

November 3rd, 3:53 pm

What about Sorcery?

Kodaime said:

November 3rd, 3:53 pm

Patch Sports Champion with online and I’ll buy the Move!!

stlcardinal9 said:

November 3rd, 3:55 pm

some harsh comments on here dont be mad at sony because you cant afford it…just beg your parents to buy it…my family loves it…thanks sony

DA_SHREDDER said:

November 3rd, 3:55 pm

I still dont see a game like Oblivion using the psmove. wth?!

MOT12B said:

November 3rd, 3:56 pm

So Dead Space 2 won’t support move?

BLEACH-Fan said:

November 3rd, 3:57 pm

Good on ya Sony

Curtisio said:

November 3rd, 4:02 pm

The great thing about the PS Move is Sony can addapt the game for Move. It seems XBox 360 players are ignoring this. They will learn.

freakyzeeky said:

November 3rd, 4:03 pm

Might want to fix the “Available in 2011” list… Thought SingStar, Sly and The Fight are coming out next week? :D

madtyger said:

November 3rd, 4:03 pm

What about Sorcery? That game for me will be the one that makes Move worth picking up.

freakyzeeky said:

November 3rd, 4:04 pm

Nevermind, fixed… :P

Loominator said:

November 3rd, 4:05 pm

This is not only Shipped.. but also sold, in case people are wondering.. It’s pretty much sold out every in US and CAN, for online retailers.. I’m at backorder SINCE launch with the bloody wand online >_>

Seriously? What’s up with the extremely limited supply in the states?

Nunchuckles said:

November 3rd, 4:06 pm

Ape Escape could’ve been something very special. But they just ruined it. It could’ve even been a remake of the first one, but just adding move controls would’ve been perfect.

Nunchuckles said:

November 3rd, 4:11 pm

Oh, and where the hell is Sorcery, that game was the the whole influence in me buying 4 move controllers and a navigation controller. I know you won’t be using 4 move controllers for that game, but seeing that really made me believe that something amazing was going to happen with move. So far, I have not felt that amazingness.

PaperCarrier said:

November 3rd, 4:11 pm

The Fight: Lights out is a TOTAL FAIL! IGN rating of 3.0 out of 10.

trev456 said:

November 3rd, 4:14 pm

@34

In the end, the consumers decide if it’s a good product or not.

GameDude79 said:

November 3rd, 4:16 pm

I’m getting a Move for Killzone 3. I just want to know if Best Buy will be carrying the Helghast Edition.

GameDude79 said:

November 3rd, 4:18 pm

Oh by the way, I didn’t think the new Ape Escape Move game was announced for the US yet. Can we get a better date then 2010 or 2011 fo that one?

FredPunella said:

November 3rd, 4:22 pm

Off topic rants in caps deserve no respect.

twooh said:

November 3rd, 4:23 pm

“Shipped”

That’s the whole thing here —> “Shipped”. Not sold.

I have yet to meet anybody who has bought Move. It seems a bit over priced for 2 players.

exterminator_123 said:

November 3rd, 4:23 pm

BLUE PS3 ????? I WILL NOT BUY IT LOL .. only SILVER OR BLACK

Train1999 said:

November 3rd, 4:25 pm

@35. You have a pretty good point. I preorder that game. And I look forward to playing it. I have a Playstation Move. Sports Champions is a great game. And I might get NBA 2K11, now that NBA Eilte is gone for the year. I rented 2K11 and I played it on Move it was pretty cool. Looking forward to some more Move games. I’m keeping my fingers crossed.

mcbuttz78 said:

November 3rd, 4:29 pm

@#32 Gt5 is releasing in dec like a 1week from christmas . If you went to there web page you would have saw that they said so.. Stop being a fool and talking down the sony product. This is not the place for it.

Actually kim N numbers are misleading and poorly worded, its 3 million shipped to the usa , 1 million sold in the usa. This must be restock or something becuase i saw that the move units where sold out in 30 days since released from the sale charts numbers.

mcbuttz78_vp of psn legionaires

FredPunella said:

November 3rd, 4:29 pm

“That’s the whole thing here —> “Shipped”. Not sold.”

Move is sold out everywhere. Shipped equals sold until supply catches up with demand.

Mosh_Pit said:

November 3rd, 4:32 pm

As expected it’s selling very bad.

NotoriousGamer said:

November 3rd, 4:38 pm

how many sold? and worldwide?

chilidawg1477 said:

November 3rd, 4:40 pm

HEY PLAYSTATION CAN YOU ANSWER MY COMMENT

WHEN WILL DRAGON BALL Z TENKAICHI TAG TEAM BE RELEASED ONTO THE PLAYSTATION NETWORK???????

ITS A PSP GAME IT SHOULD BE ON THERE ALREADY
I HAVE A PSP GO SO I CANT BUY THE UMD!!!!!!

mcbuttz78 said:

November 3rd, 4:40 pm

@48. yea selling 1 million consoles in 29 days is very bad,, if use to having over having $3 bill on hand for 30 days time… so yea they could shape things up much more. Kinda like what your doing every 30 days..:)
mcbuttz78

jimmy903 said:

November 3rd, 4:42 pm

Move has been a great addition to my house hold, minus the extra time people are wanting to spend at my house.

FredPunella said:

November 3rd, 4:42 pm

“As expected it’s selling very bad.”

Fanboy troll fail.

1 million in NA
1.5 million in Europe
200k in Japan

in just the first month.

Move will easily hit 5 million by Christmas if Sony can manufacture and ship enough to retailers.

Hooligantuan said:

November 3rd, 4:43 pm

I don’t like seeing the Move safety screens on Move-compatible titles when I do not own a Move.

PAGE 1 2 3