Paragon

Nov 09

Nov 09

Kevin Butler: A Message for Canada

Ashley Purdy's Avatar Posted by Public Relations Specialist for Sony Computer Entertainment Canada

Fellow PlayStation Canucks – Today the beloved Kevin Butler has a special video message made especially for you!

The multi-titled Vice President of Everything shares his thoughts about the Video Delivery Service north of the border and about how the PS3 “Only Does Everything” for Canadians also.

Click below and enjoy…eh!

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

guitain said:

November 10th, 8:14 am

Mmmmm…. Maple syrup…

(I have no interest in this whatsoever, but I like the idea of Kevin Butler and maple syrup… In a non-sexual way of course!)

S-E-G said:

November 10th, 8:15 am

not enough Canadians buying movies, bring in the VP of know how to get people to spend more money.

Azurium said:

November 10th, 8:18 am

complete list of the readable tasks on the list. enjoy:

kudos me if you like this.

Noctai said:

November 10th, 8:35 am

@150 Sorry for wanting the same features as America and Canada -.-

klubjunkee said:

November 10th, 8:56 am

I’m Canadian and I LOL’d.

Kevin Butler for PM. Yes we Canada! We’ll gladly get rid of our “Loon” ;) Maybe you can get things done in government about our broadcasting and new media rights.

On a serious note though, you can’t put it all on Sony for being late to the game. Blame the dysfunctional Canadian Radio-television and Telecommunications Commission (CRTC).

If services like Netflix and Hulu offered any more bang for less, than our inadequate and overpriced Canadian Cable/Satellite providers would have to price competitively or risk losing business.

These companies likely line the CRTC pockets and devise a plan to give the Canadian public the illusion of choice but we all know who wins. NOT US!

klubjunkee said:

November 10th, 8:57 am

Coincidence that we finally get all these bandwidth hungry streaming apps in Canada such as Netflix and Playstation Video Delivery when the CRTC just recently gave Bell (One of our few internet provider) the go-ahead to implement usage-based billing. My monthly Internet/Cable/Cell bill is already more than my all my utility bills combined.

Sorry for the long post. I know it’ a gaming blog but I figured it was appropriate as this affects us Canadian gamers.

Xatio87 said:

November 10th, 9:09 am

As a Canadian, I approve this message! Brought a tear to my eye too, lol.

Yuki-Hime said:

November 10th, 9:12 am

This is great news for the Canadian people. Now if you could get account migration working so that those of us Canadians living in the US could switch our accounts over. I hope that is next on your list, KB.

LordRaoh said:

November 10th, 9:31 am

Yes We Canada

LOL

that made my day

TheTwelve said:

November 10th, 9:42 am

I feared some foolish fellows would be offended but everyone is taking it as intended. Awesome.

EVanHelsing said:

November 10th, 10:18 am

Hilarious! These Canadian-stereotypes are so far from reality that it’s nearly impossible for Canadians like myself to be offended.

Spleenzorio said:

November 10th, 10:22 am

I think I can speak for all my Canadian brethren (minus post number 48) when I say we all heart Kevin Butler! Kevin, please move to Canada and become our president and you shall receive a lifetime supply of our most cherished Canadian export, Maple Syrup.

DPyro said:

November 10th, 11:33 am

Canada doesn’t have a president :/

DaveedT13 said:

November 10th, 11:53 am

Ok, now we need the VIDEO SERVICE to be available in FRENCH in CANADA for people of QUEBEC like me!!!

Now if Kevin Butler add this to his list, I’ll like him even more, and he would just say a word in french in his next video, and make a mention of poutine maybe (or take a big bite of it his pancakes) and talk about the fact that we have a SHEEP for president, then, I’LL ADORE HIM! …I’ll almost tattooed myself a KB on the chest! lol

Spyroluver88 said:

November 10th, 12:09 pm

Love the to-do list, KB….lmao

spideyal said:

November 10th, 12:14 pm

Effin’ eh!

And people need to learn to laugh. From what I noticed, he was poking fun at both Canada and himself. Because everyone knows most of those things he says aren’t true about Canadians.

In fact, saying “eh” is just like saying “Yeah” at the end of words like they do in Hawaii or California. And it’s most *there* in eastern Canada.

Just need to learn to laugh, and learn to learn. :)

OddyOh said:

November 10th, 1:32 pm

Hilarious! As a Canadian, I approve this message. I appreciate Sony kicking in the door of the CRTC and getting this video store up and running!

That said, the movie studios are stupid with the way they publish content up there…some movies are SD rental only, some are HD purchase only, and anywhere in between. Confuse the customer much? Idiots. Blu-ray it is!

SykoTech said:

November 10th, 3:41 pm

#24 Housetrain Ratchet?!

LMAO.

kcSherstobitoff said:

November 10th, 3:41 pm

From Canada. I’ll give my dollars to Xbox with netflixs now. Condescending tone. Had to be an American agency who pitched this idea.

ShaoranLi said:

November 10th, 6:02 pm

Lol I actually took the time to read the other goals on that board. Kevin Butler, you got a pat in the back from Canada.

EvoAnubis said:

November 11th, 12:25 am

My favs:

Expose self to Gammma radiation.

Gain Superpower.

Read PS3 Software Licensing Agreement (even I have never done that…and apparently, neither has he)

FoxMan250 said:

November 11th, 2:24 am

#66 Register thumbs as deadly weapons! hahahaha

DarkOne_PR said:

November 11th, 11:52 am

how about u add to that list XGAMECHAT kevin??? u can do it!!!

Rambo_24 said:

November 11th, 2:54 pm

LOL funny video, gotta love us Canadians with our beavers, moose, loon’s and pancakes.

“I AM…CANADIAN!”

scorpio182 said:

November 14th, 6:07 am

Great video I liked the ending haha..

We don’t say good da mate, that’s Astralians lol

Also haven’t we had the video service in Canada for a while now?

pwnr6942 said:

November 14th, 9:13 pm

So besides being Kevin Butler the best thing to be is Canadian? Awesome.

Ibn_Elmeedan said:

November 15th, 11:08 pm

As a Canadian Born, I LOVED this commercial. He should have pointed these out, though:
1. We put Milk in Bags, not Cartons
2. We have coins called Toonies.

PAGE 1 2 3 4