Farpoint

Nov 16

Nov 16

The Prince of Persia is Back in HD and 3D, Exclusively on PSN

Patrick Brod's Avatar Posted by Community Manager

The Prince of Persia Trilogy will be available for download exclusively on the PlayStation Network, giving you the opportunity to re-live the critically-acclaimed developed by Ubisoft’s Montreal studios. These PS2 classics have been upgraded with HD graphics and are ready for 3D-enabled televisions for the first time ever!

Prince of Persia The Sands of Time PS3

Do you remember fighting the Vizier? Chasing the Dagger of Time? Trying to save Farah? Well, that was 7 years ago… This huge PS2 hit is prettier than ever on your PS3 in 720p, and for the lucky owners of a 3DTV, added 3D effects to immerse you more than ever in this awesome Arabian Nights tale from Jordan Mechner and Ubisoft Montreal. Getting this game on PSN is simpler than reversing time, right? So don’t wait, jump, wall run, solve puzzles and rewind time today on PSN with Prince of Persia The Sands of Time.

Prince of Persia Warrior Within and Prince of Persia The Two Thrones, the 2 other chapters of this epic tale, will be available in December. Each game will be available for download on the PlayStation Store for $14.99. To join the Prince in his quest for total awesomeness – Prince the warrior, not the singer – visit us on Facebook.

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4

DJKim0701 said:

November 16th, 11:03 am

trophies?

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 11:44 am

Yes, all 3 of the Prince of Persia HD games will have trophy support.

poweredbyzen said:

November 16th, 11:05 am

ah, nostalgia! the first time i met the prince of persia! :D sold!

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:33 pm

You met the Prince, lucky mortal… :)

I’ve sweet memories too of my first dive in the Prince of Persia adventures back in 2003. I think I played all night and missed school the next day.

subbed said:

November 16th, 11:06 am

Might get the sands of time but the others are too expensive for how good those games were. I think you should do a bundle price as well for all of the content.

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:34 pm

Thanks for the bundle idea !

For now, in North America we’ve chosen to offer for each Prince of Persia fan a chance to pick which adventure he wants to re-live in HD.

letherclad said:

November 16th, 11:07 am

That’s pretty killer news and its exclusive? That’s awesome! I never played the trilogy so I might have to give these a try, I wish it was a retail release though, my hard drive space is pretty limited

How about trophy support? Does each have a platinum?

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:35 pm

All 3 of the Prince of Persia HD games will have trophy support.
    And happy to see that we will have newcomers as well !

Nintendo451 said:

November 16th, 11:08 am

Will there be a three-game bundle on the PSN at some point in time?

sick111one said:

November 16th, 11:08 am

Pretty sweet. I missed all those last gen so it would be nice to catch up! And great that it’s in 3d! Keep the 3d rolling in please!

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:36 pm

3D is sweet right ? Love it too…

reson8er said:

November 16th, 11:09 am

First game is an absolute pleasure in platforming, will def. pick it up.

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:36 pm

Good to hear, may the Prince be with you! :)

whatisdelicious said:

November 16th, 11:10 am

Is it going to be released in a bundle too? I’d prefer to just have them take up one slot on my games list.

xuipid said:

November 16th, 11:11 am

so you are gouging people instead of offering the collection together like the EU… weak

evil23alej said:

November 16th, 11:11 am

COOL the best one in the series coming today GREAT

NintendoTim said:

November 16th, 11:12 am

Did I read that right? Sands of Time is on PSN today?

If so, that’s kind of bad timing, considering Brotherhood /just/ came out; it’ll be a while before I buy it, probably when WW/TTT come out next month.

EdEN_Zardos said:

November 16th, 11:13 am

Mmm, so will we get Platinum trophies with each game?

caindr said:

November 16th, 11:15 am

Disc bundle please. My 60gb is too full and not able to switch in a new hard drive any time soon.

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:37 pm

Invoke the Sands of Time to go back to free up some hard drive space… ;)

NintendoTim said:

November 16th, 11:16 am

@ xulpid – $15 x 3 = $45

The Trilogy in Europe is going for £30, which is ~$47, so I’d say it’s a deal:

Sadly, I would /much/ rather have a physical copy as opposed to digital.

DJKim0701 said:

November 16th, 11:17 am

@ 13

buy a BIGGER hdd!!

Caudill said:

November 16th, 11:17 am

This should have been a disc release here in North America too. I’m sure if it was it would have cost $39.99 like the other HD classic collections out there.

Instead you release them on PSN at $15 each ($45+tax for all 3), if anything they should have been cheaper this way.

Lame Ubisoft, really really lame.

kNoWlEdGe22 said:

November 16th, 11:18 am

I’d prefer this on a disc… I’m guesstimating that each game will be around 2GB or more. I might just import the disc from Europe…

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:40 pm

PSN allows you to play each game right away which is pretty sweet isn’t it ?

EdEN_Zardos said:

November 16th, 11:20 am

@Caudill: What Tax? PSN cards are Tax Free so you’re paying the same for all 3 games as you would for a Bluray disc.

I don’t really know about this. Might wait until the games are on sale on PSN store in a couple of months.

gingie05 said:

November 16th, 11:20 am

UK / EU as well tomorrow? Soon? Ever? Please

guitarded77 said:

November 16th, 11:20 am

I WANT IT ON DISC!!!!!!!!!!!!!! $15 each is a rip… I want all 3 on disc for $40 like the EU’s getting.

Marsz85 said:

November 16th, 11:21 am

@14 Poster did say they’re not able to upgrade soon.

I want to bite but I’ll wait for word of a disc based version or at least a bundle.

I’m a collector.

Korbei83 said:

November 16th, 11:22 am

Oh I see. You wanted another 5 bucks over the established $40 price tag of current HD collections, without the additional overhead of publishing on disc.

Alright, well played. I may buy the first one.

DJKim0701 said:

November 16th, 11:23 am

@ 20

I have 500GB HDD. I can afford to download this game.

I dont care about disc becz of loading times.

I like download games becz of less loading time.

Alpha6UFS said:

November 16th, 11:25 am

Awesome.

Caudill said:

November 16th, 11:28 am

@17 EdEN_Zardos

Don’t know about where you live, but I’m in Canada and when I buy something on the store I get charged tax.

This game will NOT be $14.99 total for me, I WILL be charged sale tax IF I buy it.

SuperTiso said:

November 16th, 11:36 am

I can’t support this because the price is $5 too much. Sly Collection has 3 full HD games for $40 yet these are digital version of games that should be sold for $9.99. Where’s the extra cost for manuals, packaging, disc pressing, etc? Plus, I’m disappointed that we won’t get a disc version of this that the UK is getting. Sorry, can’t support being forced to buy my games under a certain format.

DJKim0701 said:

November 16th, 11:38 am

Sly collection with 40.00 plus TAX!

PSN always doesnt have TAX.

rougegoat said:

November 16th, 11:39 am

@22
That’s great, for you. It means absolutely nothing to anyone else but you. So guess how much the size of your HDD matters to the guy who already said he couldn’t atm buy a new, larger harddrive? That’s right, it doesn’t. At all. Remember that.

For those wondering about whether or not this has trophies, I suggested glancing at this link:

Caudill said:

November 16th, 11:40 am

@26 DJKim0701

PSN HAS tax in Canada, I assume they’re not the only place in the world that does.

Must be good to be where you live, but not everyone else does.

PSWii2008 said:

November 16th, 11:40 am

I would’ve liked to get the Blu-Ray of all 3 games Europe is getting, but Sands of Time is the only one I’m really interested in.

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:41 pm

That’s exactly why we’re offering the choice for every gamer to pick their favorite Prince of Persia game. :)

fsapo said:

November 16th, 11:41 am

@ #26 The tax depends on the state you are in :P

whitwhit said:

November 16th, 11:42 am

this is only psn? and will you be able to buy these in a bundle pack at some point?

InsomniaRanger said:

November 16th, 11:43 am

People need to shut up about the pricing. 3 games for $45 is still cheap. Especially when people pay $60 for stupid games like Call of Duty.

MaestroX said:

November 16th, 11:44 am

nice… i really only wanted Prince of Persia The Sands of Time. Day 1

DJKim0701 said:

November 16th, 11:45 am

@ 29

I live in CA. PSN with tax in CA is free! :P

SuperTiso said:

November 16th, 11:48 am

@31 Opinions are not needed, especially considering Call of Duty alone destroys PoP in sales. Whether the quality of the game is there or not wasn’t the issue. The problem is that this is $45 for digital downloads, that won’t be optimized for the HD in order to “lower load times” and what have you.

Furthermore, without the figure head costs of production, disc pressing, manuals, cases, etc the games should be priced cheaper. In fact, I’d go as far to say where is my PS Plus discount Sony?

Berae said:

November 16th, 11:49 am

I will gladly support Ubisoft montreal if you guys put the 3 games on a disc.

evildude683 said:

November 16th, 11:50 am

Is this also gonna be released on Disc?
I have very little space left on my HDD (for some weird reason)

Maurisio said:

November 16th, 11:51 am

I have a legit reason y I wont buy this, just bought AC brotherhood collectors edition and I’m buying both persona games for my psp go today. Plus I just finished off paying gt5 collectors as well.

Surfaced said:

November 16th, 11:51 am

Hey Ubi, is a Splinter Cell collection also coming?

You plan to bring Conviction to PS3 a year after Xbox 360?
Because a timed exclusivity deal expires around that time, right?

kdiep said:

November 16th, 11:52 am

How is the framerate of the game? I saw a youtube movie of the game and it seemed really choppy. I can only expect the worst if there’s no response.

Patrick Brod's Avatar

Patrick Brod said:

November 16th, 12:43 pm

Framerate is great, I’ve played it for 3 hours last night. Stay tuned for the reviews of your favorite gaming website !

Johnmark said:

November 16th, 11:52 am

will this and the other 2 prince of persia games be released on a disk as europe is getting, if so i will definately get it when it is. my HDD is very full and i do not like to put large games in there that i will not play alot

NyPrince said:

November 16th, 11:53 am

I never played a prince of persia game, but why do these ps2 classics come remastered in 720p and not 1080p. I rather play them in a pc emulator since it will look better.

Kirkpad said:

November 16th, 11:53 am

To me it sounds like they mean TODAY. That’s pretty darn epic if you asked me. The only problem I have is that I really don’t feel like expanding and backing up my 80GB hard drive. I’ll try and make room for the first game though, for sure.

Kirkpad said:

November 16th, 11:53 am

@43 LOL YOU REALLY THINK THAT?

Gunblader_ said:

November 16th, 11:55 am

I’ll buy it if it ever comes on a disc, but not as a download.

Curtisio said:

November 16th, 11:57 am

I wish this was on bluray. I heard other places have it on BluRay. Any insight why North America is getting the download versions?

Neo_Phoenix78 said:

November 16th, 11:58 am

Love you guys, but… why aren’t we getting the full package (all in one disc) like they are in Europe? Not even the option?

zzamaro said:

November 16th, 11:58 am

Download? Lame.

If it keeps like this, more developers will only release these HD classics as DL only.

I want it on a blu-ray disc. I loved GOW collection.

krae_man said:

November 16th, 11:59 am

$15 each?

Seems pricey considering the Sly collection is $40 and that’s retail.

It Really annoys me when downloadable games are priced so stupidly. You’d think after 4-5 years in this generation devs/publishers/Sony would know what’s up by now but apparently now.

Games should be $10 each, huge minus if these don’t have plats as well.

PAGE 1 2 3 4