God of War

Nov 17

Nov 17

Coming to PlayStation Plus: Discounts on Dead Nation and PSone Classics

Grace Chen's Avatar Posted by Sr. Director, PlayStation Store

PlayStation Plus

Hi everyone,

At the end of November, Housemarque, the developers of Super Stardust HD (the first game to ever feature trophies), returns to the PlayStation Network with the widely-anticipated title, Dead Nation. PlayStation Plus subscribers can take it to the zombie apocalypse for 20% off. Also, for our trophy hunters out there, Dead Nation has a platinum trophy, so be sure to pick it up while it’s on sale!

Looking for something to keep your mind off of the zombie apocalypse? PlayStation Plus subscribers will also receive discounts on two huge PlayStation franchises: Tomb Raider and Twisted Metal. Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation takes Lara Croft to Egypt in the continuation of her adventures on the PSone. Twisted Metal 2 comes from the mind of David Jaffe and takes gamers deeper into the destruction of Calypso’s Twisted Metal tournament. Along with these classics, we are discounting two new import titles, Blockids and Dezaemon Plus, and offering a free download of Vector TD, a tower defense from the minis collection.

As always, here’s a friendly reminder to pick up the content that will be removed from PlayStation Plus, including free downloads of Breakquest, Dead Nation Dynamic Theme, and a discount on Tomb Raider 2. Also God of War fans, be sure to pick up the PlayStation Plus exclusive skin bundles of God of War I and God of War II before they are removed from the PlayStation Store.

Also, another quick reminder that we published new PlayStation Plus content in yesterday’s PlayStation Store update. Visit the store for free downloads of Shatter, Oddworld’s: Abe Exoddus, and DYNOGEMS – minis.

Finally, our introductory offer is still available. For a limited time, subscribers of a full year of PlayStation Plus will receive three months for free.

PlayStation Plus Highlights for 11/30:

Free Games
Vector TD – minis (Free to PlayStation Plus Subscribers, regular price $3.99)

Discounted Games
Dead Nation (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $11.99, regular price $14.99)
Tomb Raider: The Last Revelation (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Twisted Metal 2 (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Blockids – PSone Import (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Dezaemon Plus – Psone Import (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)

Free Themes
Smoke and Mist (Free and exclusive to PlayStation Plus Subscribers)
PlayStation 15th Anniversary Dynamic Theme

Last Chance, Get Them While You Can – Coming down on November 30:

Free Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
BreakQuest – minis
God of War III – Dominus Skin
Dead Nation Dynamic Theme
Shadowy Graves

Discount Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Tomb Raider II (50% off) (PlayStation Plus price $3.00, regular price $5.99)
Crazy Taxi (20% off) (PlayStation Plus price $7.99, regular price $9.99)

Exclusive Offers to PlayStation Plus Subscribers
Free Kratos: Phantom of Chaos Skin with the purchase of God of War I
Free Kratos: Forgotten Warrior Skin with the purchase of God of War II

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

Destiny89 said:

November 17th, 2:57 pm

Looks great, looking forward to the update

polo155 said:

November 17th, 2:59 pm

Plus is a good deal! happy from conception!

mywhitenoise said:

November 17th, 2:59 pm

So not worth the $50 a year.

BloodiedWraith said:

November 17th, 3:02 pm

Awesome on the discount for Dead Nation. Definitely makes buying it a must.

unstablefears said:

November 17th, 3:02 pm

Doesn’t look very eventful for the next update. I hope you guys have big plans for December releases! :)

FredNation said:

November 17th, 3:03 pm

Eh, not liking this update, but hey, I still love PlayStation Plus, best service out there for the PS3!

Quick question, will PlayStation Plus ever involve PlayStation Home and the video store? I would love to see that happening soon. And any beta’s coming in the near future?

-Thanks again,
FNation

StealthReborn-- said:

November 17th, 3:06 pm

Hey Grace, would it be possible to provide us with some free avatars in a future update? We haven’t been getting any free ones in awhile. Although the themes seem to be running away with it all. =)

Keep up the great work that you and the team are doing, and thanks for the 20% off of Dead Nation! =)

Grace Chen's Avatar

Kristi Fernandez said:

November 17th, 4:53 pm

Hi StealthReborn- Thanks for your support. We’ll work on getting some new avatars up!

polo155 said:

November 17th, 3:08 pm

Hi Grace, me polo155 here PLEASEEEE BRINGG “MOBILE TRAIN SIMULATOR + DENSHA DE GO! for PSP to the PSN. Pretty Please Grace. I never go to Jpn servers, i stay here.. its in Japanesse but theres other games only in Jpn’se that are here in the import section.. please inquire.. thank you very much!

NITROWOLF_2 said:

November 17th, 3:13 pm

wait aren’t we suppose to get new Avatar every month also?
and also why hasn’t my PS Reward bar Move? Its been the same and i ahve played/purchased things since the last time it moved

JumpMan33 said:

November 17th, 3:16 pm

Kind of strange that Tomb Raider I, II and The Last Revelation got discounts but not part III O_o

JumpMan33 said:

November 17th, 3:19 pm

Also, I’m sold on Dead Nation. =) we need more day one discounts like this.

D-White_123 said:

November 17th, 3:22 pm

All games I dont play )= but a great stride towards what PS + is all about! (=

DZORMAGEN said:

November 17th, 3:23 pm

F**K YEAH! Now we are talking SONY!! You are finally making it easier to sub again once my year is done! Thank you!!

The_FPS said:

November 17th, 3:24 pm

I really like new game discounts!!!

I hope this continues. The worry of already having the free game for the month keeps me from buying some games, but if every new game was discounted I wouldn’t be so cautious.

Bring on the DEAD!

ShadowDarkStorm said:

November 17th, 3:25 pm

The day one discount on Dead Nation is a great item like some of the people have said. I’ve been unable to take advantage of the free games you have been offering since I already had most of them. So it’s nice to see this.

gold5225 said:

November 17th, 3:26 pm

Awesome! I was planning on buying the game before but now it’s a guarantee

Ethereal said:

November 17th, 3:26 pm

Awesome. Dead Nation is day one for sure, especially with the PS + discount. As for a suggestion, please don’t give us those crappy 3rd party themes. The Playstation 15th anniversary dynamic theme is a step in the right direction. Other than that I am very happy PS + subscriber. Keep it up!

toology01 said:

November 17th, 3:34 pm

That’s what I’m talking about. Day 1 discounts for good games people want to play. This will mark the 1st time I’ve bought something since ps plus came out. Actually the mag dlc discounts were great too. Please talk to guerilla games about offering day 1 discounts to their dlc for killzone 3 as well. That would be a big one. Keep it up, service is getting better. Oh and I’m sure this is the first time you’ve heard this: need cross game chat lol.

izenkov said:

November 17th, 3:35 pm

Dead Nation? Hm… Ok.

x_NiiGHTMARE_x said:

November 17th, 3:42 pm

Very nice! Cant wait for Dead Nation… and a discount! Tuesday cant come soon enough. Thank you Grace.

kenkraly2004 said:

November 17th, 3:47 pm

Playstation when will you get a app for the twit netcast network from mediafly? Also when will you get a app for Revision3? Please answer back thanks Sony.

PoisonDart said:

November 17th, 3:47 pm

Can’t wait to pick this game up, Day 1 purchase.

Monetep said:

November 17th, 3:49 pm

Zombies + Platinum + $15= Pure Awesoooooooooooome

guitarded77 said:

November 17th, 3:53 pm

Dead nation discount… nice. I was going to get it anyway.

TomHoang said:

November 17th, 3:54 pm

Would have preferred TR3 instead of the Last Revelation. Still, an awesome update!

KILLZONE79 said:

November 17th, 3:55 pm

Any chance when we get a PlayStation Plus Dynamic theme? the UK has thier own PS + dynamic theme

Swedish-Gangster said:

November 17th, 3:57 pm

nice update but i will only be buying Twisted Metal 2, keep up the great deals on ps classics. now i got all crash except bash and ctr, both odworld (but you trricked me in buying the one), and now one of twisted metal games (hopefully i can see the others i future ps+ updates), and a hint if ps+ offers any of the final fantasy games you will get way more PS+ subscribers

WCKidRock said:

November 17th, 3:57 pm

I have to say that I have totally gotten my money’s worth out of PSN+….so many games…most I had already, but some…like Shatter that are hidden gems that I may not have played if it weren’t for PSN+

thank you so much and keep up the good work…can’t wait for the december updates! the last one of the year only days away from my birthday…happy birhday to me!

KidCommando said:

November 17th, 4:07 pm

Great discount for Dead Nation!

I also bought Crazy Taxi just because of the Plus discount.

poodude said:

November 17th, 4:09 pm

Wait, so will the God of War skins no longer be free/exclusive to PS+ subscribers, or will the be gone forever?

RAVEN81 said:

November 17th, 4:14 pm

thank you Sony happy 4th birthday PS3 17/11/10

Maurisio said:

November 17th, 4:15 pm

Two Questions; One: Any chance will get the KZ3 beta like SSEE got annouced earlier?
Second: I would really really like to play twisted metal black again any chance of it coming to psn?

Other than that seems like a pretty good update. I’m of now to play 5 psp games i bought this month while in class. Then AC when i get home. I guess no sleep tonight. LOL

ajayghosal said:

November 17th, 4:15 pm

dude what about free avatars?

Maurisio said:

November 17th, 4:16 pm

Meant SCEE

Arminies said:

November 17th, 4:16 pm

you guys need a new firmware damit, lol here is ideas

1. Skype on PS3 with Camera integration.

2. when you receive a msg from someone you got 5 sec to hit Home button to open it instead of scrolling and such.

3.NTSF Hardrive support. so i can back up some of the movies and Shows i own on my 120gb Hard Drive. cuz if i delete them i loose them. i have a External 1.5Tb but i cant use it :/

4.Games/demos/content, Downloads and Installs automatically in one sitting. so make it by 95% its done downloading then the last 5% it can install

5.So people stop bitching about it (i got no need for it) Cross game chat and party chat with up to 4 people.

6.Trophy sync should be done in the back so it auto syncs the last 5 games you played every time so its quick and saves the data from the ones before that on the system Seriously i have played over 70 games and have 2000 Trophies, loading it all from server every time is annoying.

ExPresident said:

November 17th, 4:20 pm

Discount on Day 1 of a new PSN game = Score!

Thats one of the things I expect from PS+. Now I won’t wait till I get it free or via a sale. Dead Nation is Day 1 now. Good work on this.

NOEX said:

November 17th, 4:25 pm

20% off an anticipated day one PSN title??
THAT’S FAAAAAAAAANTASTIC!

theMADster said:

November 17th, 4:27 pm

@Maurisio: Sorry you didn’t get into the KZ3 beta. The first 5000 people to download the KZ3 theme a few weeks back got in. I just turned it off to come over here and check blog.us actually, heh. Oh, and its awesome by the way!

I have a question for the PS Store though. Can we pre-buy a second year of plus to double up on the free three months? I would end up with 30 months for the cost of two years. With the free content coming like it is and the discounts on other software, I can’t imagine not renewing. :D

El_Hoardo said:

November 17th, 4:31 pm

Yet another month with no free DLC, as originally promised. Why is it that we can’t get ANY DLC when Europe can get $50 worth of Fallout 3 DLC for free?

Why can’t we get MotorStorm Pacific Rift or Killzone 2 DLC? It’s not like I’m asking for Dead Nation for free. These are two year old maps and track packs for old games with sequels due out in a few months.

ViolentPhlegm said:

November 17th, 4:34 pm

My 154 cents:

Free stuff:
Vector TD – $2 usually value minis at half price
Free themes – $0 not things I’d have paid for, but pleased to get them
Total free stuff: $2

Discounts:
Dead Nation – $0 I’ll pass for now, but pleased it’s discounted
Tomb Raider TLR – $3 would have bought eventually so great!
Twisted Metal 2 – $0 not that excited for this
Imports – 2 X $3 Can’t resist
Total discounts: $9

So this update, my 154 cents gets me $11 worth of discounts which is a 714% return.

El_Hoardo said:

November 17th, 4:35 pm

And like someone else mentioned, where are the avatars? Seriously. An avatar takes, what, a whole five minutes to create? It’s not like you’re going to break the bank by giving us a free .gif image or two each month.

Maurisio said:

November 17th, 4:44 pm

@theMADster
They announced that all ps plus ppl in SCEE (Europe) will get access to the beta next week.

TooTall19 said:

November 17th, 4:47 pm

I’ll get Dead Nation, but I would have rather had that Killzone 3 beta.

BigRon3400 said:

November 17th, 4:56 pm

How can I pass up that deal on Dead Nation!? I can’t! This is what PS Plus subscribers want more of! Discounts on NEW games!

tj5678 said:

November 17th, 5:00 pm

Grace or Ro,

It would be great if the plus included discounts on the comics and video downloads as well. Also please consider offering a sale on games the week they come out (typically new releases when bought in physical form are on sale). It amazes me that some psp users don’t realize the psp can download games, play videos, play music, and support digital comics etc. Perhaps the other forms of media appeared in the playstation plus, it would alert people to how great a device the psp system is (but keep the games coming). Thanks for reading.

Seiven said:

November 17th, 5:02 pm

WOOHOO even better…first Dead Nation announced to be released on my birthday and now a 20% discount…@#%#$^ s all the neigh sayers…PSN+ is soooo worth it and Playstation Network is getting better everyday. Thank you PSN!!!

WarEnder said:

November 17th, 5:02 pm

Day 1 buy for dead nation.

Any word on the online play for Tomb Raider GoL

Kirkpad said:

November 17th, 5:04 pm

Nice, the second day-one discount (I think, the last one was Alien Breed). This was already a day 1 buy though. Thanks for the nice price.

The-No-Life-King said:

November 17th, 5:07 pm

Im liking plus so far. Highlights for me are Shatter for free, that NHL app for free, Breakquest, and who knows what else will come for me. I got 14 more months left after this one, so im sure ill get my moneys worth.

KonKarA said:

November 17th, 5:08 pm

YES! A discount on Dead Nation is EXACTLY what I wanted! Thank you. With more deals like this I’m sure people will start to see the big picture when it comes to the value of Playstaion Plus. Nov 30 can’t come fast enough!

PAGE 1 2