Knack 2

Nov 19

Nov 19

Register for Call of Duty: Black Ops $25,000 Online Ladder, Starts 11/22

Brian Gauld's Avatar Posted by Media Partnerships Specialist, SCEA

Call of Duty: Black Ops and MLG

Good News! Black Ops is out, and I’m sure many of you are busy scoring TKs and heaping up the bodies of the n00bs. PlayStation and MLG will make your hours of dedication more lucrative with $25,000 in total cash prizes in the Call of Duty: Black Ops Online Ladder, presented by PlayStation. This is a 4v4 competition — grab a few of your best buds and sign up (it’s free to register).

This is an online tournament ladder, so you don’t even need to leave your house to enter and compete for a shot at your share of the $25,000 prize pool. Round up your posse, join the ladder, and start whatever regiment you need to get into shape for ladder play starting on November 22nd. The top 128 teams move on to a double-elimination tournament on January 24th. The best team will claim ultimate Black Ops supremacy and the $10,000 first place prize.

Join the Call of Duty: Black Ops Online Tournament presented by PlayStation Ladder

Register for GameBattles

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2

FredPunella said:

November 19th, 4:03 pm

This game is garbage.

Kiddie shooter
Massive amounts of auto-aim
Wii level graphics
Junk online
Almost as buggy as a Bethesda game

CONTRABAND said:

November 19th, 4:10 pm

i want the cash, but don’t want to play the game…

ForgiveMyAim said:

November 19th, 4:15 pm

Whoever wins is the PS3’s besr camper

ExPresident said:

November 19th, 4:15 pm

It really does amaze me that a company the size of Sony would partner with a site as jacked up as GB. Read through the boards there and or actually join as a member to see how terrible that community is.

Why doesn’t Sony host its own ladders, leagues etc?

ForgiveMyAim said:

November 19th, 4:17 pm

May the best camper win.
(sorry for double post The Blog needs an edit button)

Mobius_124 said:

November 19th, 4:21 pm

How can i join a Ladder on a game that PURPOSEFULLY LAGS???? it even looks like crap, i mean, its the Inferior version of the game, compared to that other console… you should tell those guys at Activision/Treyarch that were not second class citizens too.

Brian Gauld's Avatar

Brian Gauld said:

November 19th, 4:47 pm

Treyarch has a great support forum for Black Ops. If you have any suggestions please let them know. http://bit.ly/bhwBkt

metaly said:

November 19th, 4:21 pm

Does TK mean something different in Black Ops, or did you get tricked into writing that?

Toastrules said:

November 19th, 4:29 pm

@metaly, I’m sure he was simply kidding

Brian Gauld's Avatar

Brian Gauld said:

November 19th, 4:34 pm

Of course, we do not condone TK’ers!

fuzzyclutter said:

November 19th, 4:32 pm

@7 that’s what i saw as well .. it has to mean something else . purposful team killing is a violation of PSN rules . but any way interesting competition . you cant beat actual prizes . the only concern is since this game has not been out for long , somebody will be able to exploit a glitch or cheat , will this event be sufficiently moderated to catch glitchers/cheaters ?

NoGodsOnlyMan said:

November 19th, 4:36 pm

oh the irony

a MAG avatar on a post for the game that is killing it, yeah MAG players are migrating to Black Ops, my clan is MIA
sighs

Edd said:

November 19th, 4:48 pm

I wish MLG had more support for PS3 exclusives.

Brian Gauld's Avatar

Brian Gauld said:

November 19th, 5:02 pm

We are working on this. Let us know which titles you would like to see supported.

KILLZONE79 said:

November 19th, 4:54 pm

BlackOps is beast!!!!!

digitalman123 said:

November 19th, 5:32 pm

This is on my Christmas list. Nice to see a PS3-exclusive to greet me. Can I see some easy trophies to get?

Destiny89 said:

November 19th, 5:54 pm

Will try to get in i guess

juggalorider said:

November 19th, 6:24 pm

@Brian Gauld ok i want more support for the grand theft auto series, Sony made a huge mistake by letting the xbox get GTA4 an then ruined it by the xboxs small disc space, now i don’t think were even get a new one until Microsoft makes a new system

jpbslayer said:

November 19th, 6:34 pm

This game is utter garbage – CALL OF DOOKIE – BATHROOM OPS; The campaign has good graphics – but the MP is horid graphicly – almost reminds me of a ps2 game – The only people on my friends who like it is the COD die hards – and even there not to happy – make a tourney for Medal of honor and ill be there

MarzMasta said:

November 19th, 6:40 pm

im in need of a good team.. :/

Ropeyice said:

November 19th, 6:52 pm

Is there ever going to be playstation party chat im still waiting Sony

SPARDA said:

November 19th, 8:24 pm

No thanks….. My copy is getting traded in the day I pick up GT5.

TooTall19 said:

November 19th, 9:04 pm

Hey Brian, one PS3 title I would like to see have a competition like this is Killzone 3!

speeddemon187 said:

November 19th, 9:21 pm

I think Gran Turismo 5 would be an advocate title to be supported to the MLG. It’s going to be a very competitive online racer considering all the online features and it’s legacy behind it. I know the game hasn’t come out just yet, but i’m sure it would be a deal breaker!

judalation said:

November 19th, 9:43 pm

Thank you playstion for this great opportunity… sadly I wont be playing black ops because the game is not a good shooter due to lack if servers overpowered knifing, overpowered guns etc… etc… all of which promotes camping over skill. I would like to know if Killzone 3 will have a tournament like this?

emiru69 said:

November 19th, 9:51 pm

I really like the picture that you guys choose… “Call of Duty, Black Ops ONLY ON PS3” XD Funniest post of the week!

spunnups said:

November 19th, 11:12 pm

Fix the lag and all the other issues and we’ll care, until then, go screw…Treyarch.

Nunchuckles said:

November 19th, 11:17 pm

Man, talk about a lot of haters. Just reading the first couple of comments had me laughing. Guys, it’s a tournament to win some money that the MLG does on a regular basis. The man is just trying to get the message across. I would love to see more tournaments for money hosted by whatever organization for any PS3 game posted on the blog more. Games for Uncharted 2, Killzone 3, and maybe even Naruto shippuden ultimate ninja storm (which would be sooo easy). And I would love to see video of these tourneys too. Also, some SSFIV, and Marvel vs. Capcom 2 and or 3.

madmanmoody said:

November 19th, 11:40 pm

Awesome game I got some good cheat codes over at clubplaystation

shytown420 said:

November 20th, 12:48 am

I want to leave a message on there wedsite that say that they mess up on the new update. now the zombies game is mess up and not fun to play.

shytown420 said:

November 20th, 12:51 am

i want to change my name how can i do that without making a new.

shytown420 said:

November 20th, 12:52 am

sony ur starting to suck i want to kill myself

shytown420 said:

November 20th, 12:54 am

i dont care about money, money isn’t everything

shytown420 said:

November 20th, 12:57 am

i’m a lvl 13 on my trophies and i think its time to end it with u.

DeadCell34 said:

November 20th, 1:37 am

@28, I’m sorry but thats one stupid comment. Zombies is still a blast to play.

Back on topic, I think I may give this a shot. My bro is possibly the best player in the game (without camping). And I typically finish above a 2 K/D every round myself.

ExpertZero said:

November 20th, 2:25 am

Graphics arnt bad..

Wanna know why? They have 14 maps, zombie modes, and other stuff. Graphics has to be decreased a bit. But seriously, multiplayer replay> graphics anyday. Plus its a FREE 25,000 Tournament, and you guys are complaining? Atleast playstation is hosting/sponsoring tournaments like they did with Modern Warfare 2. You guys are pathetic. Stop trolling and be thankful sony is doing something.

If you want graphics, go play on the pc stupid nerds.

ExpertZero said:

November 20th, 2:26 am

Sorry for double post but,

Its no camping, Its run and gunning. CTF, domination, demolition, and search and destroy. Look at the rules… Camping wont matter.

DoomWraith said:

November 20th, 3:29 am

The prospects of a tournament with actual cash prizes seems awesome, but I share some of the same concerns with everyone else. I love this game, I really do, but it lags so bad. Every match I played in yesterday went like this: I empty my entire clip into somebody, and they would die 2 to 3 seconds later, or they would just simply turn and kill me with 2 shots. Skill is one thing, but people getting kills because everyone else is too lagged to do anything about it is major BS. If this tournament is going to be fair, and if you wish to stop the same old complaint from popping up everywhere, I suggest a major server upgrade that is able to support all the players that attempt to play Black Op’s.

EggySong85 said:

November 20th, 3:47 am

Will the finals be recorded? It would be awesome to have a pre-recorded spectator mode where gamers can watch/explore a digital replay of the matches. I don’t know if that’s even a possibility, but it would be pretty cool.

lak1919 said:

November 20th, 3:50 am

UNCHARTED 2 IS THE GAME THAT I LOVE!!!
this call of duty without WW2 is a stupid idea!!!

conman21108 said:

November 20th, 4:03 am

I will never complain about the chance to win free money, but i do agree that there needs to be a server upgrade, and some moderation. The lagging is horrible, i emptied an entire clip in someone, they turned and shot me in my toe and i died. %%(&%
I also got hit with a ballistic knife in nuketown while being in a window, he was in the other window. how the hell does that happened. I saved it and uploaded it, check it out. even in free camera, i cant see where the knife hit me

ghood6913 said:

November 20th, 4:52 am

why cant i sign up.. i keep gettin an error code

BoDy-RoT said:

November 20th, 7:20 am

Hey Brian Gauld,

Is this going to be a “Core” tourney? Is there ever a possibility of “Hardcore” tourneys in the future? Myself and my team mostly play Hardcore TDM.

Side note:

What do you guys think about Core vs. Hardcore mode?

Thanks.

good_joker said:

November 20th, 7:29 am

this game is a joke,so many lag and issues,thats a bad idea buy it think in multplayer

KidCommando said:

November 20th, 7:33 am

Wouldn’t play that P.O.S. game even if you gave me a copy for free.

station3fever said:

November 20th, 7:56 am

i thought this was free?
it’s not, you have to buy battle points? which in-turn is spending real money. At the moment i’m broke so i guess i can’t join.
Note: this game really pisses me off with it’s lag & disconnect errors. i have a love/hate relationship with black ops. (yes my network is perfect) 6 to 8 players not so bad but when you go into the 12 to 18 players sometimes it just goes bonkers.
anyways thanks for the heads up :)

glody said:

November 20th, 8:33 am

I hope all the people complaining about lag are playing on an Ethernet connection rather than wi-fi in their moms/dads basement.

wifi = lag

Shadowsquirrel said:

November 20th, 9:03 am

Pass. Just like BO

jduncan31 said:

November 20th, 9:50 am

Well this sounds good and all, but too bad that you guys (Sony) put out a piece of crap…..You guys really need to take care of the YLOD before you worry about anything else. If you cant take care of it, at least you could start giving us a free replacement system if ours end up having this issue. I mean come on…If you want to keep the player base that you have, you need to start taking care of us better. I had my 40 GB PS3 for a little over 2 years and now it is junk. Sure I can send it off to you and let you fix it for a charge but really why do I have to pay for something that is your (Sony’s) fuk up. Not mine! I will just go by an XBox now. So Sony you can just keep putting out this crap and hopefully everyone that this has or will happen to will do the same. Then lets see what company will be in the top spot for gaming systems. Thanks Sony now that I have a 600 dollar system that is collecting dust now. Way to go……..

Squallman said:

November 20th, 10:20 am

@Brian yo man.. MLG ps3 exclusives could do MAG, or SOCOM 4 (if its any good) or something…

TheTwelve said:

November 20th, 10:50 am

The hate in this thread is a sad reflection of what the internet does to people.

twistedfloyd said:

November 20th, 11:00 am

Uncharted 2, KZ2 (guess it’s too late?) and KZ3 need some MLG tournaments.

footballrule said:

November 20th, 12:12 pm

Black Ops is by far the best COD ever made. Great job treyarch, you are breaking all sorts of records with this game, and the customization in this game is great! Keep up the good work, and hopefully we’ll get some add-ons soon. :)

PAGE 1 2