Horizon Zero Dawn

Dec 02

Dec 02

LittleBigPlanet 2 Update – Our December Checklist

Mark Valledor's Avatar Posted by Marketing Manager, SCEA

LittleBigPlanet 2 compilation

December is here, and LittleBigPlanet 2 is right around the corner – so we’re putting together our own little checklist to make sure we’re ready for the big launch on January 18th.

Final Box Art and Collectors Edition Packaging – Done

LBP2: Special Edition Box LBP2: Collectors Edition Box

ESRB Rating – Done

E rating - LBP2

Online Servers – Almost Done

Final phase testing this month. New invites go out next week. BTW, we’ve updated the online beta to test the new ‘voice recording’ features, so check out this handy tutorial from Moleynator @ Sackinima

FREE LBP2 PSN Demo – Prepping for PlayStation Store on 12/22

Sackboy holding controller

Kevin Butler TV spot – In the Editing Phase

KB sketch

In-store Displays – Done

LBP2: In-store displays

Sackboy Costume – Done

LittleBigPlanet Costume

Holiday Wrapping Paper – Done

LBP2 wrapping paper

There’s a ton more on our list, but let us know if we’ve missed anything (of if you have any ideas…)

Add Your Own

PAGE 1 2 3 4 6

adolson said:

December 2nd, 1:58 pm

Please don’t copy-protect the game save files! Lock them to PSN IDs, if you must do anything of the sort.

pantsmith said:

December 2nd, 2:03 pm

Is the US collectors edition going to have a metal case? I would love a metal case.

Mmmmm…metal.

scorpio182 said:

December 2nd, 2:07 pm

Pre-order months ago, can’t wait!!!!

GGod0 said:

December 2nd, 2:09 pm

Please say the trophies aren’t as challenging, I cannot and will never get the trophies for my levels getting hearted, played, etc. because they suck, please make those trophies easier if they are included

MRGamer01 said:

December 2nd, 2:13 pm

Please tell me I can still pre-order the collector’s edition! This game looks so amazing!

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 2:22 pm

Of course you can, but you better hurry. Last I looked Collectors Edition pre-orders is getting pretty close to our limited quantity.

SamuraiSaxen said:

December 2nd, 2:14 pm

Next week beta invites coming out for playstation plus subscribers, right?

I understand it’s only for select PS+ suscribers. My question is: Do I have a chance to get a Beta invitation next week if I have a Mexican PS+ account? It will be dissapointing if only select US PS+ accounts are ellegible >.>

I3rand0 said:

December 2nd, 2:20 pm

Mark,

I wasn’t hating. Just speaking the truth. Am I wrong? Hopefully the 2 month delay for this was justified, but I guess we will all find out in January won’t we?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 2:26 pm

I know, just joking with you.

Curious on when you last played LBP, there was an update (go figure) that really fixed early issues with multiplayer.

We haven’t seen issues on the LBP2 beta, so hopefully these address your concerns.

midnight_heist said:

December 2nd, 2:21 pm

Any chance of a PS3/LBP2 bundle?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 8:41 pm

Still in discussion, but a chance…

BigRon3400 said:

December 2nd, 2:24 pm

Does the sackboy hold an actual controller? Is that the one that comes with the collector’s edition?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 2:28 pm

No, that Sackboy image is a licensed product sold out of the UK. The collectors edition includes a plush Sackboy.

cobrafang said:

December 2nd, 2:25 pm

Please have the servers working flawlessly when this game release in January. Please don’t say “we didn’t expect such a surge of players day one.” This is a massive game release for PS3, be prepared for the huge numbers of players day one, please. Thank you.

Seeing_Red_Again said:

December 2nd, 2:30 pm

LittleBigPlanet 2 is a fantastic opening for the great line-up of games Sony has planned for 2011

Quantum_Dream said:

December 2nd, 2:31 pm

Will the Collectors Edition be available in the US stores like say Walmart?

Because I want my own lil Sackboy Plushie but I do not have a credit card D:

MariusElijah said:

December 2nd, 2:33 pm

Where can I get that Christmas wrapping paper?

DarkCollaring said:

December 2nd, 2:35 pm

If we cannot get the christmas wrapping paper, could you have a High-Res version of it somewhere so we can print our own ? :)

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 2:47 pm

Solid idea…consider it on the checklist.

Ahmed13 said:

December 2nd, 2:37 pm

i’m sorry but l3rand0 YOU GOT OWNED… im sorry

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 2:48 pm

No Pwned-ness here, just a light-hearted “Sacked”

Craazy said:

December 2nd, 2:39 pm

I won this from the Subway promo right before I was going to pre-order…..EEEK I am excited bout’ this’n

BigBangBear said:

December 2nd, 2:41 pm

@ 10 – ditto for me

angelspawn77 said:

December 2nd, 2:43 pm

YES! Have the CE pre-ordered already! Can’t waaaaiiiitttttt! Will that wrapping paper be available in stores? I want it!

Tomm4118 said:

December 2nd, 2:44 pm

Before I say anything, I feel compeled to mention that I’m absolutely 100 percent in LOVE with this game. No other game has ever made me wait in such agony for a chance to play.

But… What was wrong with the old Box Art Cover. I REALLY liked it! And although it sounds cheezy, the old Box Art Cover was just a huge selling point for me!

It combbinded the pefect ballance of composition, charm, and LBP’s design to make probably the best cover I’ve ever seen. I’m not saying that this cover is bad, it’s just not as good as the original.

Destiny89 said:

December 2nd, 2:48 pm

Cant wait, will LBP2 have dedicated servers? plz say yes

Kreutznaer said:

December 2nd, 2:49 pm

What’s the point of the wrapping paper if the game’s due to January? I wanted it to come before January, because that’s when I’ll be there in the US. Games in Brazil are almost thrice the price.

crowsticky1234 said:

December 2nd, 2:50 pm

Really can’t wait, I feel like making sketches before I create my own level on this planet. Got LBP for the PSP, I haven’t played it for a while but this can make me download it again.

PaperSpock said:

December 2nd, 2:51 pm

Your previous blog update concerning LBP2 (the one on Nov. 18) did not make it expressly clear that the beta would not be sent out to all PlayStation+ subscribers. I bought a subscription based upon the notion that having a PlayStation+ subscription would get me a beta invite. Unless your intention is convince people to become members based upon potentially misleading statements, I’d appreciate it if when you mention an upcoming bonus for PlayStation+ members, you would clearly state whether or not it applies to all members.

flamedragon20 said:

December 2nd, 2:53 pm

Do ALL playstation plus members get the beta.

loadstone007 said:

December 2nd, 2:53 pm

I’ve been eager to pre-order the collector’s edition, but I can’t find it anywhere in Europe (Zavvi, Shopto, Game etc.).

HELP! :(

Vex_Doppel said:

December 2nd, 2:53 pm

So I’d like to see some PS costumes and objects.
Twisted Metal, Uncharted, Warhawk, Gran Turismo, Sly Cooper, and Kevin Butler to name a few.

AcesZERO-RAZGRIZ said:

December 2nd, 2:54 pm

ive asked a couple times on the blogs but i guess ive missed you guys for responses but,
i pre-ordered the game before the release change, did that cancel my pre-order or does it carry over to the new date?

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 3:11 pm

It should carry over, but I’d check with the store to make sure.

loadstone007 said:

December 2nd, 2:56 pm

Oh, what about a music video featuring Sackboy?
I’m also really looking to buy Sackboy accessories like t-shirts, mugs etc… but are nowhere to be found.

Mark Valledor's Avatar

Mark Valledor said:

December 2nd, 8:44 pm

Music video – in the works

T- shirts – done (details soon)

marlyt said:

December 2nd, 2:57 pm

Mark, I must say in regards to comment #45: well played, sir. I realize you all made nice later but it was nice to see a blogger show some “sack” for once. Beta please. Merry Christmas.

Kreutznaer said:

December 2nd, 2:59 pm

Can I get the length and height of the Colector’s Edition box?

judalation said:

December 2nd, 3:03 pm

Simply put … THIS WILL BE THE GREATEST GAME OF ALL TIME!!!! LBP 1 has more content than any other game I have ever bought… and this game will crush it in terms of abilities… in addition to making a few movies I am also going to create a move enabled starcraft recreation. And nice one exposing the “HATERSSS” Mark!

digitalman123 said:

December 2nd, 3:05 pm

OMG I can’t wait for my CE!! Such a cool CE box!
Sweet wrapping paper! Nothing like Playstation Official Licensed wrapping paper to top off the holidays.
Can you have Kevin Butler do the intro this time, but as a video?

Ultra_Keyblade said:

December 2nd, 3:07 pm

Pre-order LBP2 – Done

DragonNutz said:

December 2nd, 3:08 pm

I sure would like an invite.

I’ve been a Playstation Plus subscriber from the start and haven’t gotten one beta invite since. I have all things in order (marketing options ticked) and my info is up-to-date. I’ve seen so many people that have gotten into so many betas and I haven’t. I thought that was a promise. I know it was a factor in my becoming a subscriber. I just hope I’ll get at least a couple invites. That would be nice.

Delta-16 said:

December 2nd, 3:09 pm

LOL Sackboy costume looks like forever alone guy. Can ppl that preorder the collector’s edition get beta invite? That would be a great X-mas gift since the game kinda comes out after. plz?

dragonleader33 said:

December 2nd, 3:09 pm

Has the online voice chat quality improved. A lot of drop in and outs and not being able to hear people completely is sort of an issue when your trying to do specific tasks, IE gathering all the prize bubbles.

Alpha-Male22 said:

December 2nd, 3:09 pm

The demo is coming out on my birthday too!

I love you guys, glad the title got pushed to ensure quality and give it the proper attention it deserves.

Any chance of split-screen for local MP? I’m a little worried how individual tracking in certain levels will work if I have to share a screen.

Permafry_42 said:

December 2nd, 3:10 pm

First off wanna say i’m a HUGE fan of lbp. The main reason i got the ps eye was for using it in lbp,and the reason i got a move controller recently was so that i could use it in prehistoric moves. I also got psn+ primarily to try to get in to the lbp2 beta early. I preordered the lbp2 collectors edition the day after it was announced, and i still play Lbp a lot.

Anyways, Can you please look at my ps blog idea called “LBP.ME User page customization”?

(here:https://share.blog.us.playstation.com/ideas/2010/11/23/lbp-me-user-page-customization/)

Thank MM, and i can’t wait to play, create, and share even more!

fijski8 said:

December 2nd, 3:10 pm

Awesome. And the Beta is almost perfect now. Should be ready in time for Jan. np.

kaster53711 said:

December 2nd, 3:11 pm

hi lbp2 is the best i dint know lbp2 it was going out in january but i want the colletor one i think im going to sell my ps move T__T i have no money to buy lbp2 my bad luck…. but altleast ill have lbp2

CarloC2 said:

December 2nd, 3:13 pm

Will the old LittleBigPlanet levels have a tag? Like LBP1 or something like that?

Destiny89 said:

December 2nd, 3:17 pm

dedicated servers?

matthaten said:

December 2nd, 3:17 pm

amazing

xDarkImagesx said:

December 2nd, 3:24 pm

hell yea that wraping paprer is awesome, want that sackboy controller holder too, damn brit’s they get all the good stuff, gonna have to go to my local lamestop and get that display from them,,

Spinout209 said:

December 2nd, 3:34 pm

Where can you get the Wrapping Paper from?

Bcrichmark said:

December 2nd, 3:36 pm

Heres a sugestion That is a curent issue i and other creators have with LBP. When you publish a level and make it copiable you can not stop any one from publishing it over and over again. WHY NOT MAKE AN OPTION THAT LETS IT BECOME COPYABLE BUT NOT ABLE TO RE PUBLISH AS THERE OWN!! This is an issue. I Mean you tell people we now have over 3,000,000 user created levels but fail to tell people that 500 are 3d glitch tool levels, or The Bunker , Or The Little Big Star Wars, Or The Level That Plays Itself 4, And even my simpsons level at one time i counted over 45 copies before i gave up counting them. I Made my simpsons level copyable to help other learn what i did and so they could play it on there own from there moon not to see it republished 45+ times and have to fight with other people who clame i stole there level. THIS IS SOMTHING I THINK NEEDS TO BE ADDRESED. I WANT TO PLAY, CREATE & Share but i dont want to share if it means my level will be republished 100 times and sume snot nosed kidd wants to call me a thief for coping his level i Made?!*%# Please RSVP Can You Fix This Issue????

I3rand0 said:

December 2nd, 3:43 pm

Ahmed,
What are you apologizing for?

All I was doing was pointing out well known facts about the first game that, to the best of my knowledge, will probably hold true for the sequel.

Mark,
To answer your question, the last time I played LBP was July 2009. Was the MP patched again after that date? In addition, thank you for taking the time to respond to my comments as I know that is not the policy per the mothership in Santa Monica.

Zezzler said:

December 2nd, 3:43 pm

As much as i liked the box art before, this one is REALLY awesome, and just perfectly suited for LBP2. I am going to Pre-order me collectors edition any day now.

I cannot wait to get my hands on the full game. the new beta update just made me that much more excited for it!

Mm, you guys (and gals) plain outright ROCK!

jefXfree said:

December 2nd, 3:44 pm

Can we buy that wrapping paper? I know some people that would just LOVE it! Please say yes… :)

BlazeKush420 said: