PlayStation VR

Dec 06

Dec 06

ModNation Monday: Award Nominations and a DLC Extravaganza!

Ramone Russell's Avatar Posted by Sr. Community Specialist & Game Designer, San Diego Studio

ModNation Mondays

This is a big week in ModNation as we score two more award nominations and release a ton of DLC goodness.

ModNation Racers Nominated in IGN’s Best of 2010 Awards

Best of 2010

MORE NOMINATIONS!

On top of our VGA nominations, we were very excited to see ModNation nominated for “Best Competitive Multiplayer” and “Best Quick Fix” games of the year.

While you’re at it check out IGN’s PlayStation 3 Holiday Buyers Guide. At $39.99, ModNation Racers is a great holiday value.

New Mods and Karts!

Mall Santa Mod and Sleigh Available Tomorrow

ModNation Racers PS3: MallSanta

It’s not Santa. It’s MALL Santa! This Santa isn’t very merry so careful when cutting him off. His sleigh (and his breath) packs a punch!

Mall Santa Includes:

• Fake Beard
  • Santa Hat
  • Santa Jacket
  • Santa Pants
  • Santa Boots
  • Santa Belt

Sleigh Kart:

• Sleigh Body
  • Presents Engine

You can purchase Mall Santa and Sleigh Kart on the PSN tomorrow separately for $.99 each or as a pack for $1.75.

Super Mod and Kart Swoops in Tomorrow

ModNation Racers PS3: SuperMod

ModNation gets its very own superhero this holiday. Outfit your own creations with his exclusive accessories.

Super Mod

• Super Mod’s Belt
  • Super Mod’s Mask
  • Super Mod’s Shirt
  • Super Mod’s Pants
  • Super Mods Gloves
  • Super Mods Boots

Super Mod’s Kart

• Atlas Body
  • Futuristic Wheel

You can purchase Super Mod and Kart on the PSN tomorrow for $1.99

Sly Cooper Mod and Kart Finally Arrive!

ModNation Racers PS3: Sly

ModNation Racers PS3: Sly Kart

Starting tomorrow, Sly and his muscular Kart can be purchased as a bundle from the PSN for $2.49. The Sly Collection is in stores now!

December Only: ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle

Only for the month of December starting tomorrow, get four Mods and four karts for one low price!

ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle

ModNation Racers PS3: Winter Pack

Only for the month of December, and starting December 7th, get four Mods and four Karts for one low price! Score Mall Santa and his speedy Sleigh, the post-apocolyptic Nukular and his Mauler Kart, Lil’ Tinker and his Soapbox Kart, and Mouse Trap and his Cheesy Kart. It’s winter steal so grab it before the end of the year.

All Mods and Karts come with parts and accessories that you can use for your own ModNation creations.

Offer ends January 4th, 2011.

Holiday Pack Available

ModNation Racers PS3:  Holiday

Add some Holiday spirit to your tracks with the Holday Pack ($4.99 on PSN).

ModNation Creations of the Week

Amazing creations in ModNation get shared every day and we are playing a ton of them. If you are interested in submitting your mod, kart or track to be a future “creation” of the week be sure to visit up on the official ModNation Community site and who knows? You might see your handiwork on the PlayStation.Blog.

With the release of all the new parts packs, we want to see your tracks with those new props in them.

Mod of the Week
Mod Name: Novacayne
Creator: villain29

ModNation Racers PS3: NovacayneModNation Racers PS3: Novacayne 2

Comment: Awesome creation! Looks like a space marine to me.

Kart of the Week
Kart Name: Ace of Diamonds
Creator: DeadCell34

ModNation Racers PS3: Ace

Comment: Name says it all!

Track of the Week

If you have a video(s) of your track submit them to MNR’s YouTube channel, ModNation@Playstation.Sony.com, and we will include them in the blog if your track is showcased.

Track Name: Elite Festival
Created by: RockToonz

ModNation Racers PS3: Elite Carnival

ModNation Racers PS3: Elite Carnival 3ModNation Racers PS3: Elite Carnival 2

RockToonz says: This Track is a Thanksgiving gift for the ModNation community. The new Carnival props are awesome, and I think only the ticket boot prop is not included in my track. If you want a Bowling Game this is the track for you! This is very good for action races hope you like it all.

Ramone says: This track makes great use of the carnival pack and really has the feel of a state fair. The track is so awesome it’s in the Hot Lap Roster this week as well.

Track Name: Drillbit’s Const. Yard
Created by: Manlius 10A

ModNation Racers PS3: Drill Bit

ModNation Racers PS3: Drill Bit 2ModNation Racers PS3: Drill Bit 3

Manlius 10A says: In celebration of my track Wildcard’s Stadium making track of the week this week, I decided to submit my second track of the stunt series. This is another simple yet fun track that offers plenty of earthen jumps, intersection points, traps, and mod bots without being cluttered. Last I checked this track had a solid five stars in-game (after a good amount of plays and downloads as well), so this may be my best track yet! Enjoy!

Ramone says: Manlius 10A’s Wilcard Stadium track was awesome enough that we decided to put another one of his creations in the track showcase for this week. Make sure to check out Drillbit’s Construction Yard, it’s another well balanced track and the traps are a nice touch.

Hot Lap Roster for This Week
Continuing with the trend we started weeks ago, this week’s Hot Lap roster features all new community created tracks.

Monday: The Scorching Desert, by StealthReborn–
Tuesday: Aquatic World, by SergioChileno
Wednesday: Elite Festival, by RockToonz
Thursday: Garbage Wasteland!, by grey_jeep
Friday: Cargo Expedition, by grey_jeep
Saturday: Mystery Track
Sunday: Mystery Track

More news next week, until then … see you in the ModSpot!

Add Your Own

DOOMkillz said:

December 6th, 9:46 am

nice!

vanwinkle said:

December 6th, 9:56 am

Nice, but any chance of getting rain/snow in an update at some point?

Kirkpad said:

December 6th, 10:00 am

Santa is either evil, or on drugs. I can’t tell.

aXe_MuRDeR_BoY said:

December 6th, 10:00 am

Oh c’mon! What’s the point of making the bundle three things that came out at the launch of the game, and one that comes out this week? I got an uber DLC code that unlocked EVERY pre-order bonus, and I’ve been dying to buy new stuff, but you guys just keep giving us the same stuff!

RockToonz said:

December 6th, 10:10 am

Yes thanks for picking my track again… i hope my other tracks will also pick… i will create another great track… Ramone again give me strength to create another track/s… thanks

Enjoy!

spoonTRex said:

December 6th, 10:13 am

Santa and Sly look amazing! Can’t wait.

Here’s a question, because I must be missing it. I’m playing through the Sly Collection, and they’ve got a van. Why isn’t Sly’s ride a kart-ized version of the van instead of some random car with Sly’s face slapped on it? (Yes, it’s a great looking kart and the cane hood ornament does look awesome on it.) Really seems like a missed opportunity there.

RockToonz said:

December 6th, 10:16 am

I HOPE Modnation will WIN!! GOOD LUCK! also on VGA hehe

cleofans said:

December 6th, 10:35 am

Nice and all but I was hoping much like the little big planet community to get at least one free costume for the holidays.

Should be SHARE create and play ;)

WhiteF8ng said:

December 6th, 10:43 am

Santa looks like he’s having a “Bad Day”…

<.< See wut I did thar?

kivi95 said:

December 6th, 10:46 am

Nice mods and carts BUT still no new theme after over 6months after relases.a winter theme or something would be cool…(Sad face)

Rockstarmd said:

December 6th, 10:47 am

How soon before we get a new weapon packs?

tigerfodder said:

December 6th, 11:03 am

Maybe I missed it, but is the low price of the ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle?

tigerfodder said:

December 6th, 11:04 am

Left out an important word… what is the low price of the ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle?

RichieAppel said:

December 6th, 11:08 am

Why was my creation economy crash kart covered up twice when I earned top karts?

reson8er said:

December 6th, 11:11 am

I really need to play this game again, it’s really fun, so many games to play atm….

CAPNDigital said:

December 6th, 11:50 am

One thing for Russell,
Lil’ Tinker’s Soap Box kart had an issue following a recent patch update that caused stickers to be completely shift down (out of view). Has this been corrected?

Thanks to some forum members tips I was able to FIX my Fraggle Rock kart using this kart boday and republish.

Just a heads up, in case some one Buys the holiday bundle and their Soap Box derby kart doesn’t allow them to place stickers…

Thanks for the new Kart and Mod styles…
Merry Christmas.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

Ramone Russell said:

December 6th, 12:12 pm

We didn’t know about the Soap Box issue thx for pointing that out.

Smbradley said:

December 6th, 11:52 am

Hey I was wondering when the tracks get picked as Track of the Week , how come they aren’t put on the hot lap roster or the top tracks in game? Just please get rid of the awful tracks unlimited drift, 100,000 point drift and the even worse Tiku Tik Mountain.

The tracks you showcase on here are awesome but many of them don’t actually get much out of it. One of mine got picked last week and it only got about 2 more downloads, I was just a little confused as to why it wasn’t on top tracks or Hot Lap.

maverick--07-- said:

December 6th, 12:04 pm

I remember way back, we were told that we would get new XP series playlists, and possibly user-made tracks making their way into XP Series/Races. When exactly is this gonna happen? I know a lot of people would really appreciate having more variety when racing some XP. And maybe other game modes for XP like racing for highest score (like in the career mode), Pure, or other brand new racing modes?

But yeah this game better win best racing game. GT5 isn’t nominated I believe, and neither is NFS (might be wrong idk) so what other racing game could win anyway?

Ramone Russell's Avatar

Ramone Russell said:

December 6th, 12:13 pm

Unfortunately it’s not going to happen we had hoped we could patch in the functionality but the current games framework didn’t allow it.

RichieAppel said:

December 6th, 12:08 pm

Please tell me why my kart was covered up, and not allowed to get Top Karts. Does the truth hurt that badly?

nYcFrEeWiLL82 said:

December 6th, 12:22 pm

This game is AMAZINGLY EPIC! KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK AND THANKS FOR TAKEING THE TIME TO POST ALL THE KOOL TRACKS AND MODS YOUR TIME IS VERY APPRECIATED!

maverick--07-- said:

December 6th, 12:23 pm

@18 reply, Does that mean no user-made tracks or no new game modes? Oh well I guess, bummer :(

And it looks like NFS is nominated for best driving game on VGA’s even though that game just came out…

manlius10a said:

December 6th, 12:54 pm

Thanks for posting another one of my tracks!!

Dragon-Ultra said:

December 6th, 12:55 pm

I agree with @2 – vanwinkle

It would be awesome to have a
DLC with weather conditions for
tracks. Snow, rain, and if possible
tornadoes, sand storms or something
else like that.

Elnath10 said:

December 6th, 1:23 pm

OH Yes!! finally a lot a new stuff for mods and karts again :D, that’s awesome…and the carnival pack with christmas pack for tracks, going fine so far :D

Oh well.. I still have to wait to the halloween prizes to be delivered so then I can buy what I don’t have :P

Great Monday news :D

digitalman123 said:

December 6th, 1:30 pm

Cool. How much is the holiday 4-pack?

Lopan said:

December 6th, 1:40 pm

After playing the beta back then, I haven’t gotten around to pick this game up. Is it worth it, do people like this game?

grey_jeep said:

December 6th, 1:50 pm

Woah, thanks so much for putting two of my tracks for hotlap Ramone! I think I will try out the carnival map pack today, I’m in the creative mood :)

coolasia said:

December 6th, 2:54 pm

Today is my birthday! YEAH!!!

dpremo1 said:

December 6th, 2:56 pm

suggestion
1. motorcycle kart
2. make it so the hair doesnt go through the hats

Rockstarmd said:

December 6th, 3:27 pm

Can you give us information on Weapons pack I love the game but if you guys dont starting changing up the weapons pack gonna get boring realy fast.

makyengo said:

December 6th, 3:41 pm

Sweet! I can’t wait to pick up the Holiday Pack. My little brother and I play this game all the time.

SergioChileno said:

December 6th, 3:43 pm

Thanks Ramone for picking my track “Aquatic World”. I hope the people enjoy this track. I am ever testing new ways of to make different worlds in MNR, because the possibilities of creating new tracks even though only we have still four themes, are limitless.

Actual working tracks: Beta City; Amusement Park II. :)

Elvick_ said:

December 6th, 7:00 pm

Why is Sly so damn expensive? That’s ridiculous.

DeadCell34 said:

December 6th, 7:36 pm

Woot! My kart is the kart of the week. I wish I had only posted one pic though, so everyone could see the top of the kart (it looks like a giant playing card).

MGO_Count said:

December 6th, 7:51 pm

I love modnation :D
I just wish the “Create XP” trophy wasn’t so tediously high >_)

MabsterB said:

December 6th, 9:48 pm

@34
I agree, it is a great game.
To make it fair I wish there was a “Star Racer” trophy to go along with the Star Creator trophy to balance out the Modnation RACERS moto of “RACE, Create, Share”. It makes little sense to urge people to create but not to race. The game isn’t called Modnation Creators.

MabsterB said:

December 6th, 9:49 pm

Ramone,
Following up on your answer to mavericks question, what does the games framework not allow you to do? Add more tracks to XP series or add other game modes? Your answer is kinda cryptic.

Ramone Russell's Avatar

Ramone Russell said:

December 6th, 9:54 pm

We can do any combination of UFG tracks for XP Series but we cannot have UGC in those XP Series or XP races for that matter.

maverick--07-- said:

December 7th, 1:00 am

@35 Totally agree with that, maybe it doesn’t have to be 250k xp but still something. Thanks Russell for clearing that up, so perhap we can see some different UFG playlists soon for the XP Series?

Btw, funny MNR got a Most Competitive Mulitplayer award, lol they couldn’t be more right, for real. The racing on here can get pretty competitive that’s for sure

JAk_HAk said:

December 7th, 1:26 am

The super mod is pretty sad, but the mall Santa is hilarious. Kudos to whoever thought of that idea.

phinnv8 said:

December 7th, 7:01 am

It would be nice to see another patch for this game further tweaking things. It still feels like it could use more polish and load time improvements. Perhaps even a re-release at the $40 price point with some of the DLC included to boost sales.

Great game though, keep up the good work.

dmg117 said:

December 7th, 7:46 am

Why does the PSP version not get any DLC? I would pay for this for the PSP version.

FeistFan said:

December 7th, 8:44 am

So what’s the price on your “ModNation 8 Pack Winter Bundle?” You didn’t list it in the blog post.

Elnath10 said:

December 7th, 7:51 pm

@FeistFan

I saw the package at the store.. it says 3.99

Underdisc said:

December 8th, 5:25 pm

Russell! =)
Modnation Racers is also a Nomination for the best racing game of 2010. It was chosen by G4TV’s show X Play. The link to the nominations is below. Check it out, and nice job.